Game-Labs Forum

Sad news from Europe: Sixth coalition is kaput

Newsflash

During negotiations on the Sixth Coalition one of the archdukes was hit by a candelabra. The resulting melee between royalties has ruined the chances for peace in Europe. Mobilization started in several countries on the continent.
war-3-125-prussia.jpg.jpg

Is this the end of the world as we know it? Or is it a beginning of the new empires? 

• Like 16

20 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

i guess the adding of more nations...prussians, rusia portuguese..? wayt to divide the even small playerbase even more..

lets not even talk about history if its correct or not

The idea of more nations would be quite beneficial to NA Legends, but for NA proper you are right. For the moment at least adding in a few more nations to NA legends (in the medium turn) would do the game a lot of good. Potentially you could see new nations such as

• Austria
  • Portugal
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Venice
  • Genoa
  • Barbary States
  • Prussia
  • Malta

Any of these could add a minor bit of depth to Legends at least, while not really taking anything away because its no more diverse than having clan matches. There are enough teams in the game though.

Saying that I would very much love to see a Europe map announced.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fluffy Fishy said:

The idea of more nations would be quite beneficial to NA Legends, but for NA proper you are right. For the moment at least adding in a few more nations to NA legends (in the medium turn) would do the game a lot of good. Potentially you could see new nations such as

• Austria
  • Portugal
  • Ottoman Empire
  • Venice
  • Genoa
  • Barbary States
  • Prussia
  • Malta

Any of these could add a minor bit of depth to Legends at least, while not really taking anything away because its no more diverse than having clan matches. There are enough teams in the game though.

Saying that I would very much love to see a Europe map announced.

Yah NAL isn't really based in any location so you can pick the flags and Nations you want to join.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Sixth_Coalition

So looking at this we can have the server split or something?  Though isn't this out of time line?

UK (GB), Kingdom of Sweden, Spanish Empire, Dutch

vs 

French, Danes, US?

This would be the split in game and that might not be good for one server or the other.   If you did something like this than you got to make us pirates Privateers that can join any side we want with a proper Letter of Marque or just stay Pirates/Outlaws.

Honesty before you even think of adding new nations other than maybe AI ships than we need something for Pirates to finaly be done so we aren't just a bastard nation.  

3 minutes ago, Hodo said:

The Sixth Coalition was the name given to the UK, Spanish, Prussian, Swedish, and several other nations during the Napoleonic War. 

And this would fit n more with something that might be an expansion later of the game that covers the Napoleonic War and the European waters, not really fitting in Caribbean theme game.  Now Legends I can see them doing it there to get more ships and such into that game to cover a wider player base of folks that want to sail and fight in ships of certain nations.

Devs realized Map is to big and empty now time to fill empty areas with new nations, why not! War everywhere :D any time after server merge again.

I would join an Clan but i need my own Warehouse -> add a second private Warehouse.

Storage organization is awful.

Edited by Shrez

Yes, yes. Give us the map of Europe. Please make it clan based. I think that would end the problem of some nations/teams not being well populated. We all have such deep feelings for our countries, and that is as it should be, that some find it very hard to play on some teams. Clan based would get rid of some of that and I think there would be better mingling of players. The names of the teams could be from the county's or islands that a clan is based at. Alliances can happen and be broken. Rebellions can happen. There could be an end game where there is a clear winner after which a reset and we all start over again. All sorts of dynamic game play. 

Exciting times. I'm at work so have to go now. 

Sad news for the Caribbean.

Adding more nations to the game will split the small nations even more and strengthen Great Britain even further as the only nation that "everyone" can relate to. 

Moreover, what from the lessons we have learned from Spain and France being ethnocentric and difficult to get into due to language barriers, makes it seem like a good idea to introduce even more nations that will become ethnocentric and where no English will be spoken in nation chat? 

The thing that I most enjoy about this game is playing with people from all over the world and all different cultures, coming together and collaborating and enjoying the game together. Now we're all going to be sitting in our own little homogenous nations, with nobody to play with.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 6

An active player base under 1000 on average (lets say 1500 to be generous), 3 servers, 12 nations....soon to be an entirely new version of this game.......and here I thought this NA was already spread far too thin. 

I guess maybe if you toss in a few more nations you'll sell a few more copies of the game....

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Adding more nations to the game will split the small nations even more and strengthen Great Britain even further as the only nation that "everyone" can relate to. 

Moreover, what from the lessons we have learned from Spain and France being ethnocentric and difficult to get into due to language barriers, makes it seem like a good idea to introduce even more nations that will become ethnocentric and where no English will be spoken in nation chat? 

The thing that I most enjoy about this game is playing with people from all over the world and all different cultures, coming together and collaborating and enjoying the game together. Now we're all going to be sitting in our own little homogenous nations, with nobody to play with.

Didn't @admin (correct me if I'm wrong) say at one time 50% of the sales where from North America region?  Maybe they need to think of why they have such a poor retention from players from this area before adding more EU nations to an area that didn't have those nations involved.  I loved playing Spain on POTBS.  I prob now would pick any nation except US to play if I ever went back to a none pirate Nation but it would be hard to play one on EU (this why I play on GLOBAL among many other reason) cause of the language issue and well the other part of being very anti-English speaker friendly I seen in the past with some nations.  If any thing I honestly think we should merge some of the nations and keep with some big core nations that was involved in this area.

US (cause of the large player base bought the game and actual nation on the Map).

GB

Spain

France

Dutch - Merge Swede and Danes into this Nation.

Keep the big 5 here and than give Pirates something that makes them actual pirates.  We should be down size the nations list not making them bigger. You can always split and add more nations later after release.  Pirates should be a mix of Privateers that can work for the other nations and fill in slots for the small ones and than you have the OUTLAW/PIRATES that do there own thing and attack every one.

This should be done when you do a proper merge of servers and that includes the PvE server and make a zone in the gulf for those guys if they want a safe zone to play in.  We really don't need 20 nations and 3 servers while we are doing testing for a game in development.  They want more servers are special regional restriction times for RvR than they can do that after the game releases.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

Sad news for the Caribbean.

GB would be ruined.. Probably more than 50% of the nation is German. Prussia would ruin us :(