Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

Just now, Mrgoldstein said:

well, if you have victory marks, youll get a few different ships, but not really that much of an advantage really, you can come with oceans and santi's but the guys without victory marks can snow come with victories (who at first only the bigger clans had acces too because of conquest marks) and the rattlesnake heavy is not such a goldlike ship its nice but there are other fine ships in that category too

in a 25v25 battle between good teams the advantages of ship is massive. Rattle heavys vs mercuries is a big difference. as is Connies vs aggies or Victories vs oceans.

massive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JobaSet said:

Ok found a bug Max marks are caped @ 1k so now I have to keep in out post suxs.  But real problem is if u have 1k u get nothing after battle.

if this is a case we will provide lost marks in a next hotfix 

It seems like you guys did a mistake, it makes no sense that f. e. a Buccentaure blueprint only costs 50 c.marks and the permit costs 250.

And btw, thx for cattering more and more to the pvp people and kicking us pve players in the nuts.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, admin said:

if this is a case we will provide lost marks in a next hotfix 

I discovered that if you move a stack of 2300 combat marks into your Captains Chest that has 304 marks already in it, you suddenly have 1000 combat marks in your Captains Chest and 304 marks in your warehouse. This is a net loss of 1300 Combat marks.

2 hours ago, admin said:

War supplies can now get 100% hostility 

Devs WTF, we had this a while ago. Hello Hostlility-Bombs again.... why?

and still the 15kn cap and no Alliance system.

again a change of the Mark-System...

Yeah its more important to see who made the most pvp kills or some sensles stuff.

not really a great patch in my opineon...

At least you bring some Ships back, thx for that at this point.

Edited by Siliexe
  • Like 4

Not sure what you have done with contracts in shop but It seems to be totally broken, my contract to sell don't appear in shop then if redeemed and re placed they still don't appear, the port takes the fee, but no contract, oh that right who cares about the economy  silly me  

Edited by Captain Clark
additional information

Curious to see the "Victory points" and "control system" in action. However,
I suggest to divide the points per nation by the number of active players in the last seven days to prevent rewarding the biggest player base nation
and reward the nation with the best captains and most tact. 
Now only nations with big player base can flip and attack two or three ports at a time to get points rewarded, small player base nations are screwed in my opinion.

E.G.
Brits - 10 control points / 10 players = 1 point for overal victory
VP - 6 control points / 5 players = 1.2 point for overal victory

Which in my opinion would be more fair.

Or am I seeing the point system wrong, in which case please make me understand. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, admin said:

Victory mark will be granted for map wins (not port battles) using the legacy system (old control will move to the next round)

I do not understand what this means, what is the legacy system?

Map wins, so OW pvp or am I understanding this wrong?

If someone could explain this it would be much appreciated!

Edited by Demsity

Just now, Demsity said:

I do not understand what this means, what is the legacy system?

Map wins, so OW pvp or am I understanding this wrong?

If someone could explain this I would be much appreciated!

The way I understand, each 7 days the whole server plays a control match on the OW map. You get points for winning ports, you get points substracted for losing them.
At the end of the 7 days the nation with the most points gets victory marks. 
Then a new round of control begins, however each nations keeps the previously gathered control points (legacy).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain MiniMe said:

The way I understand, each 7 days the whole server plays a control match on the OW map. You get points for winning ports, you get points substracted for losing them.
At the end of the 7 days the nation with the most points gets victory marks. 
Then a new round of control begins, however each nations keeps the previously gathered control points (legacy).

Oh I see, so this is a fixed match? Kinda like a port battle without the port?

Did just realized that you said ports, NVM

Edited by Demsity

15knots for every ship should change, Pirates should get its own game mechanics not first rates no ports and something like nomad "nation", well we shouldn't be a nation at all, not able to craft 1st and 2nd rates only able to capture them, we should be the gankers the raiders the thieves of the game promote that by making them harder to play and not another nation with the jolly roger flag. Thanks for bringing back hrattle,inger, niagara and wappen von hamburg I personally love the hrattle and the WVH. 34 conquest marks for 340 combat marks doesn't seem fair in my opinion the effort is not comparable to get each of those but anyway i like to see less people running around with first rates. Alliance, truce and war, or called diplomacy system has to come back. Port battles should have a mix fleet and not all first rates and 4th rates in those cases, but a fleet mix of different rates of ships.

• Like 3

Just now, Powderhorn said:

• Combat news channel added allowing you to see whats going on in pvp right now

What's that?

A Bot named Clerk deploys a message once a player sank another player, including the rough location.

vQQx7wG.png

But the text color of the bot should be different imo, so it stands out.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Bobzillah said:

• worse ship ever the wappen von hamburg need victory marks .. really ... 

With proper weaponry Wapen's DPS is higher than a Bellona's - people don't realize it (yet)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, admin said:
  • New group type added - Battle Group
    • If battle group is attacked only battle group is pulled into battle 
    • If battle group attacks only battle group is pulled into battle 
    • If attacked by another Battle group BR checked between battle groups only
    • Battle group size - up to 25 ships
    • Important - all allies who are not in a battle group will only be able to join using reinforcement circles

I have some concerns regarding the new Battle Group mechanics. As I understood this is being brought in to stop part of a PB fleet being dragged into battle, but there is no limit on the number of Battle Groups that can be formed. So for a 4th rate port battle the attackers set up their 25 man Agamemnon Battle Group and head off to the PB, the defenders set up a 25 man 1st rate Battle Group of screeners. Now if the 1st rate BG manages to tag the 4th rate group it becomes a one sided battle. The screening BG can only be tagged by a fairly large group due to their high BR.

So basically for attacking a 4th rate port the attackers also need a 1st rate screening fleet, this is not going to work out too well for smaller nations who can only manage to muster enough for a PB fleet.

On the other hand it may make for some interesting screening battles of 25v25. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I have some concerns regarding the new Battle Group mechanics. As I understood this is being brought in to stop part of a PB fleet being dragged into battle, but there is no limit on the number of Battle Groups that can be formed. So for a 4th rate port battle the attackers set up their 25 man Agamemnon Battle Group and head off to the PB, the defenders set up a 25 man 1st rate Battle Group of screeners. Now if the 1st rate BG manages to tag the 4th rate group it becomes a one sided battle. The screening BG can only be tagged by a fairly large group due to their high BR.

So basically for attacking a 4th rate port the attackers also need a 1st rate screening fleet, this is not going to work out too well for smaller nations who can only manage to muster enough for a PB fleet.

On the other hand it may make for some interesting screening battles of 25v25. 

Exactly my idea, however I feel screeners already had huge fleets to match the PB BR rating, so that doesn't change. 
You needed a high BR anyways to tag a PB fleet. So smaller nations didn't have screeners anyways.

I believe it will even things out and make the screening battles a tad more interesting and ballanced. 

• Like 1