Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

1 hour ago, mikawa said:

Ok what do you mean by that? I don't get this ...

With more risk comes great reward...  I recently capped a t-brig full of mats worth 900k...  because she was staying so close to territorial waters, her owner didn't think she needed canons.  

This was in a privateer.  Not too expensive to fit out.  

And easy enough to turn tail if I decide I bit off more than I can chew.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

get one Victory mark each and every day

?

I understood 1 Victory mark is given to each Player once. Not every day.

There will be more map wins to happen. Tide will change and I think Denmark-Norge will be on the winning side not too far away Just don't expect everything to happen immediately. There will be nations that prob will never win the map so.... ;)

31 minutes ago, rediii said:

We keep sinking danish players instead, thank you for the offer though.

Also we got 1 VM for winning, not 1 a day, 1 for the win. 1 this week if you still dont understand

yea but I made over 400 combat marks just pvping yesterday that equals out to be over 2 Victory marks in one day. Since I really dont get to pvp much because I refuse to do it in some ships until i get max Ships Slots.  But now That I have most of my Slots maxed out except for a random Ship here and there.  Things Will change, The will nerf the Xp needed lvl up for everyone very soon, and everyone will be same very Soon.  

Then I will leave for another game.

Already have to deal with this Magic Star power that was given to "NOT real PVPers"  Because they refuse to understand, If you go into enemy waters and attack someone you better have huge numbers or be prepare to die when you leave battle. Just like breaking into someones house that has a gun. You are prob going to die.   SIMPLE you would think... But to many cry babys.

Wont even get into how it is actually being used

Edited by JobaSet

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

@admin @InkSeriously? The AI Tsnow i captured had all 3 perma slots + all knowledgeslots available. Where is the difference to crafted ones?

What wood? Though for a trader that hardly matters, an npc trader is almost as good as a fir fir made trader. The trader market is totally doomed.

4 minutes ago, Flinch said:

What wood? Though for a trader that hardly matters, an npc trader is almost as good as a fir fir made trader. The trader market is totally doomed.

It was a Fir trader snow

Edit*: And you even can break up captured AI ships

Edited by z4ys

2 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

We discuss if there is a need to add protection from mission ganking into the game mechanic.

intended to reductive adjectives and other inappropriate form analogies when referring other captains. Not yourself captain.

Carry on.

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

All those players getting ganked right now in the Swedish nation get one Victory mark each and every day. Ganking can only be a problem for those who are not master and commander yet and are unable to sell their marks for millions a piece. Combat marks are for sale in Christiansted right now for 5000 a piece. What means every Victory mark is worth 2.5 millions. Shouldn't we have more pitty with the gankers instead, who are forced to sink 50 Swedish players every day to get the same amount of marks their "victims" get for free?

As a swedish player i have a bug or you are wrong. I have got exactly one mark one time, not every day.

Btw. You really want to legitimate the ganks because of your envy?

• Like 1

I think we should only be able to capture some ai ships.  #1 all traders, #2 Cerbs and below.  All AI captured ships have 0 knowledge slots and 0 module slots.  Also, if possible, add in a garbage built in upgrade so that AI ships don't have planking or crew but have say ballast or some other thing which does nothing.

Also, all AI captured ships should be marked like the Player who crafts a ship is.  Put "AI Captured" for the crafter for each ship sailed by an AI.

Edited by Prater
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I honestly think NPC capture is a great feature. It will let people cap everything up to a 4th rate, lower the barrier of entry to PVP and it gives low level players that thrill of capping a ship with something usable to gain for it. But to offset the impacts to low level crafting we must give *good* xp for for crafting parts. It was a dumbfounding move to take it away before and it's critical it be added back in now.

I agree with that but vets will abuse

7 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I honestly think NPC capture is a great feature. It will let people cap everything up to a 4th rate, lower the barrier of entry to PVP and it gives low level players that thrill of capping a ship with something usable to gain for it. But to offset the impacts to low level crafting we must give *good* xp for for crafting parts. It was a dumbfounding move to take it away before and it's critical it be added back in now.

I agree it is needed, maybe even up to Surprise, but I think AI captured ships should have disadvantages and be clearly marked as AI captured ships.  I'm going to spend all night tonight capturing LGVs so I don't have to pay 200k to a player for one or pay 500k 1000 oak logs 1000 iron fittings to upgrade to shipyard 2.

3 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I agree with that but vets will abuse

Case in point (me)

Edited by Prater
  • Like 1

26 of the 38 ships in the game can now be capped on the PvP server. This makes no sense from an econ perspective. Previously a nation could capture or sink a clan or nation into submission or at least apply a lot of pressure on them economically,  forcing them to continue to buy ships sold in ports or continue to burn crafting materials building new ships.

Now they can just cap some Indefats/Endymions/Surprises, and it costs them nothing to lose. Isn't that the whole point of 1 Dura ships, is there is a price to lose a ship. Mods are built in now, you lose even less than before.

If the aim was to help new players, allow 6th rates to be capped, and T-Brig, and T-Snows. Opening 70% of the ships in the game to capture is to much.

Just found this in another thread from the admin. Looks like ships that require permits will not be able to be captured. Better, but I still disagree with this direction.

Edited by Rabman
  • Like 3

with the risk of having capturable 4th rates removed, i really see no issues with this patch - many people, myself included, will continue to use crafted frigates for pvp simply due to the improvements to speed from having planking rather than crewspace. as Hachi has said - being able to actually find a fight is the primary goal, and if this helps restore some of the more casual playerbase and gets the pop back above 800-900, then i'll bear any exploits and abuse with a grin.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, z4ys said:

@admin @Ink Seriously? The AI merc that I captured had all 3 perma slots + all knowledge slots available. Where is the difference to crafted ones? Just one less inbuild is not enough

whats the problem? Knowledge slots are YOUR knowledge, not the individual ship quality.

If you learnt to use AK 74 well before why should you unlearn it if you captured the same AK 74 from the enemy?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

whats the problem? Knowledge slots are YOUR knowledge, not the individual ship quality.

If you learnt to use AK 74 well before why should you unlearn it if you captured the same AK 74 from the enemy?

russian, czech, or chinese? the receiver matters man!  /sarcasm

3 minutes ago, admin said:

whats the problem? Knowledge slots are your knowledge, not the individual ship knowledge.

The problem is that this is a big f*ck you to ship crafters. Before this change there was decent money in crafting 7-5th rates, and alot of people did. Now when you can get one almost for free its redundant.

If the AI ships were inferior to crafted ones, this would not remain a problem. for example the number of knowledge slots that can be used (no matter of player knowledge).

Edited by Demsity

Just now, admin said:

whats the problem? Knowledge slots are your knowledge, not the individual ship knowledge.

You very well know that is a disingenuous argument. The complaint is that NPC captured ships are too close in performance to player crafted ships so therefore crafted ships are no longer worth making. The market will become barren and an entire focus of the game (crafting ships) is now in jeopardy.

Just now, Mrgoldstein said:

point is there is 0 difference between capped ai ships and crafted ones.....goodbye economy @admin

Please capture me the rattlesnake heavy from the NPC, or Endymion or Trincomalee. lets talk about economy then

• Like 1