Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.2 - Changes to mission, crafting, ROE and other fixes

admin

49 minutes ago, admin said:

i see this post first time :). But.. if you don't have mast thickness, then you are still doomed against 1v2. Which you could theoretically win 

You could also win 1v2 by demasting with superior shooting skills (I don't think I could, but I know some who can)...unless masts are totally invulnerable to damage.

Edited by akd

4 minutes ago, dron441 said:

1 week ago you said on the  Russian  Forum that breaking masts is OK. You also said that all battles in the "Age of sail" are finished with broken masts. Now you say  that this   is Mast Action and this need of rebalance. I have only 1 question. Are you changing all settings with your mood? Today I want masts thickness - 150 , but tommorow- 70. Am I right ?

Sorry for my English :(

You are wrong. 1 week of data shown that everyone is demasting and only demasting in pvp

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

chain and top sections.. top sections and mid sections are fair game

When will you remove laser stern chasers, or give bow and stern chasers same dispersion?  When will bogus lower stern chasers on Surprise be removed?

31 minutes ago, Remus said:

I read this as Rig Repairs LH cost becoming lower, which is an odd choice when Hull Repairs are far worse, but I might have misunderstood it. I'll have worked my way through the API in a few hours and see what you've actually done to econ.

From a crafter's point of view, I'm a little disappointed by traders getting slower and the reduction in invisibility time, have no particular interest in carrying guns (but I'll look into it - I'm often transporting guns to market anyway - and I do like your 'baiting unprepared privateers' :D). I'm pleased by the longer (it is longer, isn't it?) delay to tagging when leaving battle.

The furnishings change makes sense too, but I bet it won't put an end to players complaining about silver and gold distribution. 6 PvE Marks per furnishing (assuming you still get 50) might be a little high though.

I cannot work out what 'Lower caliber guns costs were reduced' means. Have you reduced crafting requirements or the NPC price in the shop (or both)? Either is probably a good change and I'll find out soon enough.

On the whole, all good stuff which I'm happy to try.

Please @admins, read remus calculations. They are worth gold.

4 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Oh and the 30 sec shorter invisibilty is going to make the "revenge fleets" even more powerful...

those are not revenge fleets. Those are home defense fleets. 

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, admin said:

Player base reduction fleets.  Everyone will quit after being re-engaged over and over again (more likely to be caught on each escape because of ever growing revenge fleet net) or being forced to fight with certain loss after winning 1-1.5 hour hard battle.  If not, it means the vast majority of players just PvE grind and wait for opportunity to gank with massive numbers advantage in home waters.  Who will these players PvP against when the others are removed from game?

Signal perk with long open time and reinforcement to 1.2x attacker BR is the proper way to allow for home defense fleets for solo players, not exploitation of battle instancing.  Then allow us to log out at end of battle, and force log out for those sitting in finished battles.  Logging back into "battle" puts you on OS with 5min cooldown on attacking or joining battle (but not on being attacked).

Edited by akd
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, admin said:

Newspeak_81.jpg

We can do this all day.

At the end of the day it is still a feature we would love to be without.

• Like 10

Sooooooooo.....  as I see it, its a patch that encourages PvE'ing  around home capitals (increased ranked "missions") and discourages OW PvP'ing..  But oh well, if thats what keeps players numbers up, it is what it is...

It just makes me feel less guilty about jumping missions, which I've tried to avoid doing in the past....

• Like 10

Good changes overall. Not sure about the missions tho... it makes it harder to motivate PvE players to do some hostility.

3 hours ago, admin said:
  • Labor hour costs of repair rig materials became lower

Can you elaborate on this? Rig repairs, Canvas Rolls, Hemp and Fir LH costs didnt change.

Revenge fleets or "home defense fleets" are a cancer to this game. You can't even look for 1 battle without having 6,343 people camping your battle. And then even if you do escape well you are just gonna get tagged again, again, again, again, again and again and yeah you get the point. Would actually be nice if we had some means of escape but you have 0 chance of getting away. Hell you can't even see them approach your location. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, rediii said:

I'm just against that "back to port" teleport after battle.

I'm for reasonable tweaks.

- Battle open time got tweaked, let's see how it works with 3 min timer

- Invisibility time reduced ... would be ok with this if wind would be neutral while invisible.

2 days ago "home defence fleet" kept tagging 1 of ours for 4 (FOUR) hrs. till 3 am local time.

• Like 6

I dunno if you were here the last time we had to either log off after battle or jump into ow with 1 min invisibilty Rediii. 

But I was, there was waaay less people back then and yet revenge fleets were there waiting for you 80% of the time. 

No. It isn't just around "capitals"... its everywhere on the map and it kills the fun for a lot people. Ofcourse those that like having "ganks" served on a silverplatter won't mind.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, HarryButpain said:

Copper Plating, SHIP_PHYSICS_DEC_COEF: -10%

Could somebody, please translate that? My Naval Action is a little rusty I'm afraid ^_^

It means you're gonna slide right past that sinking ship you want to loot.....

translation:  you're  ship decelerates slower....

• Like 8

Repetivnes is a problem... To get pvp you need to sail to place where enemy players might be9 no tps to free town sucker), try to engadge enemy player far from maginot line, kill him or be killed and than have fun with all his dear friends outside... so much fun, so stimulating, so hardcore... while pve player gonna make 10 times more money without any risks outside of his capital.... that is a good gameplay...

ps "home defence fleets" aint opereting neart they caps so thye aint home, they are atacking so they aint defence. the only fleets checks out.. The new speak is on lvl of communists  pre 89... Peoples democratic rebublics... it wassnt deocratic it wasnt a rebulic and clearly it wasnt by the ppl or for the people. that is the level of word crafting we are on now.. laughable

• Like 5