Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

3 hours ago, Destraex said:

Is there a way I can find out before committing? Your saying I should have full XP (I was top level for crafting and rank XP) on both servers no matter what I do?

I did log into both servers before the wipe but am not sure I synced anything.

Has the Global Server got a population? It has better ping for me. But I doubt the factions will fill out as well as they do on the European server. Would be great to be able to play on either depending on the time of day.

As @RedArgo said you can create a character and check your xp first. You can delete no problem as long as you havn't redeemed xp it will be there. 

This past weekend Global had about 300 online that I saw.  I saw about 1200 on EU prime time. 

I was hoping that XP would be synced so I could play on both servers. Nobody is going to leave the EU server to play on Global if they have already maxed EU.

I can see now I have the choice of only one or the other server for my XP.

What Destraex and myself want to know, is if we redeem on the EU server do we lose our redeemable experience on the Global server as we have redeemables in both places. Or can we redeem in both locations? We played on EU but the port battle lockouts which I don't fully understand are making the EU server look like a no go.

30 minutes ago, Bulwyf said:

What Destraex and myself want to know, is if we redeem on the EU server do we lose our redeemable experience on the Global server as we have redeemables in both places. Or can we redeem in both locations? We played on EU but the port battle lockouts which I don't fully understand are making the EU server look like a no go.

You have them in the Global.

I did the opposite, create Global and then checked if redeemables were also present in Euro.

All dandy fine :)

• Like 1

Terrible patch overall, adds nothing, takes away more than it gives back. Taking away pirate ships to return them with nothing, no raids, no bonuses.... just a gimped nation.

Crafting is far too expensive to be even remotely profitable for the solo player. 5 ship slot restrictions now? AND 1 dura ships? are you crazy? How did this stinking patch even make it through testing?

Just now, Hodo said:

Pirates are PIRATES, not a nation...  I know they look like one, but they arent.

If you are pirate and looking to make money crafting you are doing something wrong.  Because there are plenty who are doing just fine crafting as a pirate.

And the raids re coming "soon".

Well you made the choice to go Pirate, you can always fight for a nation, and have a cause.  

Sure, let me just TP to a freeport so I can attack nations in their home waters... oh... wait....you can't.

Or let me just capture a bigger ship, that makes sense right? Oh.. wait... I can't.

Pirates are a nation, not pirates, we've been through this before. Till there are pirate mechanics we're a nation that's been nerfed cause the carebears get mad when they lose.

The patch is now perfect! Well close to it. With the mast buff they seem just right, now chain and hull shot is not the only tactic anymore. I'm really enjoying myself on Naval Action again, well done. 9.8/10 because battle timer is still 5 minutes, please bring back 2 minutes. But the PvP is quite awesome.

Revenge fleets are strong, It would be nice to be able to see your group even though they have invisibility timer. You have no clue where they are when you leave battle. ^^

Edited by SeaHyena
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Hodo said:

I havent had a problem but I am an American Privateer.  I setup an outpost in a freeport, I dont teleport anywhere.  I operate out of that port for an hour or two, capture a few trade ships that are AFK or not paying attention, then head back to port to let the heat cool down.  I use a basic cutter or a Privateer as a travel ship to get to and from that port to my home ports, or a trader lynx to transport loot that I can sell for more in Charleston.

You can be amazed what you can do if you think like a.... pirate.

You can capture a bigger ship, a player ship, just need the fleet perk to do it.  

Funny how they finally made the pirate faction harder to play and now you complain.  Just be pirates, it isnt that hard.  Get a decent 5th rate or below and hunt small game like trade ships.   You arent built to fight line ships, that isnt your goal.   If it is, you should be a national.

For once I agree with you @Hodo, but not entirely. I'm a pirate and I don't fully appreciate the lack of attention pirate nation been having.
reason why I like this patch is because there is NO teleports anymore, means more targets for me. Also removal of GPS means its harder for them to find me and opens possibility for the battles to stay open longer. I do exactly that - operate out of nearest FP when I hit nations capitals and other high high traffic areas.

As a lone pirate this patch been 10/10 for me.
However... as a pirate nation or whatever you call it we are in disadvantage. You say we should not sail 1st rates or even participate in conquest? Maybe so, but then we still have to provide same number of resources to be able to build big enough ships to retaliate and defense our waters when nations come and farm our traders and newbs.
We must have same resource as everybody else, yet we are denied same means to get them. Thats not fair is it?

I have been proposing this long before. Pirates should be part of a nation. There were English pirates and Spanish and French and Dutch and so on and on. They didnt have capitals, they were using nation ports. So all nations needs to have pirate ports where all pirates of the same nation can come to.

Yes I'm a pirate, but I'm an English pirate. I should be able to use British ports except high security once like capitals. But Brits should have ports like Nassau which any pirate can enter and trade  with GB. Same goes for French La Tortue. They were free towns and because of that attracted all sort of people.
When this will happen we will truly become pirates and will stay out of conquest. But until we need to compete with nations on the same level in order to survive we must have same means to provide resources including ships

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ajffighter86 said:

I'm just happy cannons do damage again and we aren't all sailing around in ironclads.

I give the patch two thumbs up for the damage model alone.

The npcs use double charge which imo is unfair as we need to spent fleet perks to get double charge, so how can they have massive fleets and double charge?

First of all, congratulations to this mega patch! Great job!

Most of the new features are good, discarding some features is also good (like teleporting). Some things I really like:

1. Cannons are craftable items!

2. Large ships are a lot more expensive and harder to obtain/make.

3. Damage model improved. The old one was already good, but the update is even better.

4. No more teleports.

However, there are a few things that could be improved still:

1. Harvesting resources is too expensive. You need to more cash to harvest resources than simply buying it on the open market. There is no financial incentive to produce resources making it difficult to prosper. 

2. There should be some means to locate your current position on the map. While I appreciate removal of "GPS" coordinate location from the map, the coordinate grid on the map should be included. All sea charts include coordinates, without them it's not possible to navigate. Good old Pirates Gold (the older folks among you might remember) had a mini program to take a sunshot giving you the latitude of your current position (which was utterly useless in that game, but anyway). Perhaps you could add a similar feature. Or just show the last noon latitude. Maybe add a perk, so captains have to learn how to do it or just don't care about navigation. And another (very expensive) perk to add the longitude. Reported coordinates accuracy should be >0.1 arcsec and you could even add a random error ;)

3. Rum as a consumable for crew members is absolute nonsense in my opinion. Ok, rum is used in surgery. But how does tranquilizing and cutting a wounded sailor make him as good as new? And how on Earth does rum make new sailors? It's actually possible to use rum and have more crew than before. Medkits had the same problem. The problem is that there is only one number defining crew size, but it should be two total number of crew and inactive crew. It would be more logical to be able to restore only wounded crew members, not exceeding the total number of crew members. New crew members should be only hireable in port or recruited from captured ships.

• Like 1

It may already have been mentioned. In case it has not I noticed something strange with midshipman and ensign missions in a pickle.

Midshipmen missions either 2 cutters or 1 brig.

Ensign mission  1 cutter.

This appears the wrong way around.  A brig or 2 cutters is tough going for a pickle.

1 hour ago, SeamanStaines said:

It may already have been mentioned. In case it has not I noticed something strange with midshipman and ensign missions in a pickle.

Midshipmen missions either 2 cutters or 1 brig.

Ensign mission  1 cutter.

This appears the wrong way around.  A brig or 2 cutters is tough going for a pickle.

Captain and all who also experience this issue, please check this topic:

7 hours ago, ironhammer500 said:

The npcs use double charge which imo is unfair as we need to spent fleet perks to get double charge, so how can they have massive fleets and double charge?

Well that's a problem with the NPC's but I was referring to my cannons. NPC's have always done magical things in this game, but it's nice for me to be able to gut a snow with a broadside from a surprise, instead of watching helplessly as the shots fly back and hit me if my shots hit at even the slightest of angles.

Splinters flying everywhere. Masts crashing into the water. Crew screaming and cheering.

It feels like naval action again. Well done devs.

Edited by ajffighter86
  • Like 2

On 2017-5-24 at 8:10 PM, admin said:

Next steps

• Better PVE content (including some ai improvements)
  • UI rework and localization 
  • Hostility improvements (including raids)

With regard to UI. I have been looking forward to a good graphical UI for a really long time now. I am sooooo sick of seeing blue at sea and blue when I am in port. The last thing a sailor wants to see in port is more water! I would request that the UI reflect land in all of it's glory or at least a port scene with lots of glorious portland. If possible with some character to look at.