Game-Labs Forum

Mega Patch 10.0

admin

22 minutes ago, admin said:

we (maybe we are wrong) believe that the eco will stabilize once crafters realize that cannons is a great item to profit on and start making more of them. 

the cost of 24lb carronade is 500   you can outfit a 50 gun ship with carronades for just 25000 

If no-one will make cannons of course they will be expensive.

First build Workshop for 150k Gold, 1000 Oak, 500 Stone Blocks, and 100 Iron Fittings... yes, very easy to get in early stage when you sail in Cutters. I would understand it as a clan effort, but c'mon.. most people just wan't to play. You are forcing everone to think like you do, and you don't think like players.

• Like 2

Just now, Darayavahus said:

First build Workshop for 150k Gold, 1000 Oak, 500 Stone Blocks, and 100 Iron Fittings... yes, very easy to get in early stage when you sail in Cutters. I would understand it as a clan effort, but c'mon.. most people just wan't to play. You are forcing everone to think like you do, and you don't think like players.

give it a week mate. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

Does that mean anything on PvP Eu... no? Or are you just comparing to different servers, should GB on PvP EU just feel ashamed that you hello kittyed up "start up" economy?

You just made the learning curve so steep that a lot of players are frustrated.

Relax! You started with at least 1 coal mine region, but you decided not to defend.. Now you have to work for it and that is not a bad thing. Normally you guys have everything you need down in Panama, safe from most enemy's reach. If those days are over I applaud it! Besides medium cannons are OP, you just need to adjust you kiting fighting style towards actual fighting in closer range.

Edited by Tiedemann
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, admin said:

please focus on patch feedback.. what works, what does not, and why

Dear Devs,
As I have already written, in order to test what works and what does not, we need to know what to test and how the game should work! But if you do not give us enough information, you will force us to grind uselessly!
No controversy in these words, only my will to improve this beautiful game.
I will be grateful if you will want to answer my previous posts.
Thank you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Progression does not limit your play in any ship. You will just have no knowledge to be able to use it more efficiently.

Actually it does. Nova days ship "knowledge" slots are even more efficient in some cases than the previous modules because of the stack possibility and it affects the balance between ships with and without "knowledge" badly. It means that people have to gain their xp once more to have the full efficiency on their ship to go to pvp. And before they can start to gain xp on their 5th rates, they're coerced to grind on lower tier vessels. That's totally ruin the gameplay.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, admin said:

please focus on patch feedback.. what works, what does not, and why

Simple and clear: "stagflation" does not work in order to promote progress (and, ingame, to promote progression).

No further comment is actually needed.

This is THE problem of the game after the big patch.

When you realize that, than you will realize also how to solve it: more rewards for sinking players, for doing missions and chasing IAs in OS + less costs for harvesting resources and for setting up a manufacturing facility.

Shift to a "moderate inflation" model is the way to go with the game. It will solve a LOT of problems with just a few changes.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, victor said:

Simple and clear: "stagflation" does not work in order to promote progress (and, ingame, to promote progression).

No further comment is actually needed.

This is THE problem of the game after the big patch.

When you realize that, than you will realize also how to solve it: more rewards for sinking players, for doing missions and chasing IAs in OS + less costs for harvesting resources and for setting up a manufacturing facility.

Shift to a "moderate inflation" model is the way to go with the game. It will solve a LOT of problems with just a few changes.

Pretty much do these things and you can drop the prices of some of the trade items and folks won't need them so much and maybe make the cargo for traders a bit more of a reward instead right now you get the most reward from one of two things.  Trade runs or solo a fleet mission, but even than it's hardly costing production of goods to get things up and going.  

On 5/25/2017 at 6:02 AM, admin said:

the ship knowledge tree remained the same from testbed.  will post it shortly

@admin Not trying to sound like a broken record but once again can we get a copy of an OFFICIAL Ship Knowledge Tree and not the one my clan made up on testbed.  As we don't have all the ships on it.   

Also can we get an official word about what is up with the Rattlesnake, Heavy Rattlesnake, Niagara, and Ingermanland and how we can get the BP's.  Toss the Wappen in there as I seen folks ask about it too.  I heard that some of them you can get some special way, ok well what is that?  We all know the SC is a reward ship, but has the others been added to that list or is there some other way to get the BP's for them and which ones can be gotten in game.

PAINTS?  What up with these?  Heard some folks getting all the new crafting mods stuff but haven't heard any one getting one single paint yet.  Are these perm removed for now or something or will there be some other way to get them?

Can you explain maybe the way how refits drop now since they aren't part of a region?  I mean why don't Pirates get a pirate refit auto.  British get the British refit?   Etc etc.  Instead it's all RNG based now and more than likely you will never see your own nation refit with bad luck on RNG.  Still what is the point of owning regions than?  I can go into most regions and buy some of these special things needed for refits in ports with just a smuggler flag so that doesn't make owning a region really that important other than if it holds an important resource you need.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

I noticed on TestBed 1-2 days before the release on the live server, that gold and XP from PvE was buffed. At least I think it was.. And I think that level was better. But I belive the current xp/gold we are getting from PvE on the live server now is the older and lower level. I might be wrong, because I was using the Aga/Victory on test bed, and on the live my flagship is the Indefatigable. But on live server now I still feel forced to earn gold by trading the useless "gold printing" trade goods again.. And I just don't like that.  

Also maybe some of us are currently exploiting the tow feature with fully loaded traders. And tp back to capital. Would be nice if you guys can stop players from doing that! I would of course never ever, ever exploit something like this. This is totally hypothetical.. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, admin said:

give it a week mate. 

I actually enjoy most of the changes you guys put in. Less ways to gain resources, make money, and conquer ports. Even the new teleport mechanics I can get on board with. But seriously drop this stair stepping system to unlock ships. This is utter crap. Go back to what you originally announced with use the ship you want to use to unlock it. This garbage grind of forcing me to play with ships I don't want to is absurd. I would think with the resounding negative feedback on this you wouldn't have included this in the patch, but yet you did. Don't let the current population fool you. This will ruin your game. 

Edited by Duncan McFail
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I absolutely agree, people are crying on the chat and leaving on frustation because of that.

Which is a pitty, because we need more players.

However Id prefer a decrease of the overall requirements of crafting.

I don't know but BP are a 1 off purchase and then you only need the permit which is cheap as chips to get. I like the fact that the big clans are suffering as much as the little ones, its about time.

After so many years *cough* I finally made a Login here :D

There are many things that allow to complain about it, but it is too soon for most of them, because changes need to develop.

However, what really does not work is advancement. I tried to play the game "as is". I did not even redeem my XP the first days. Just with a Basic Cutter advancing through the levels sounded like a good idea to me. But it is simply frustrating. It does not feel better to have a better Ship. Doing missions with the Niagara is simply less effective than with the Basic Cutter.

The Basic cutter costs nothing and gives me about 8 to 10k per Mission. With the Niagara I get 10 to 14k per mission, but need to repair and recrew for 10k at least. It feels like punishment, not rewarding in any way. That is one of the biggest flaws of the patch.

Others may have different experiences, but within my clan, thats the common experience so far as well.

I am a Fan of expensive Ships etc., but the system should be rewarding, and the Loss of a Ship should cost you hours of gameplay, not days of grinding. But more important, maintenance should be affordable.

I dont see that the Patch really helped to prevent the former rich people getting rich again :D So far it simply feels like unrewarding grinding for nothing. That may the exactly right thing for Hardcore PvPers, but not for me as a casual player and Trader/Crafter, who prefers to run his own business and do some sort of PvP from time to time.

It also looks like you expect those who dont want to fight to fight, so they can craft. That system sucks in every game, also in naval action. I understand why you introduced permits, and yes, it solves exactly the problem you want to solve, but at the cost of those who want to craft, and those are needed as well on a PvP-Server.

Maybe you should simply provide enough reward per mission that with 10 missions on average you can afford to buy and equip a ship at mission-level. That works for the Basic Cutter, but not the cutter. And there lies on of the main problems, I think. The most rewarding gameplay is Piracy or similar playstile, and that might be good for PvPers who wants nothing more than fighting, but not for the other styles. I tried the PvE Server, but that was indeed a bit too boring, but hey, there should be a way to balance the game without making it a grindfest for hardcore-players. The day the game will be released you want a game players buy and play, and not something noone wants, except those who have it already....

Ups, more words than originally planned, sorry....

PS: BTW: Can you make my yacht behave like a basic cutter, with cannons? :D

Edited by Shubashi
PS: Added :D

question to everyone

why a new player should make a million in first day? 
why a new player should sail a heavy frigate on a second day?
why a new player should suddenly get everything without effort?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, admin said:

question to everyone

Three points to this, the testers are people who have put in over a year of playing this game, while the fallback is "you are testers" after over a year of playing and getting comfortable, starting from beginning is (even if you keep XP) is tiresome. The focus of the testers should be more middle to late game (frigates-SOL and crafting) let them fine tune those areas for you. 

Second, while we are all going through the paces of the game, we all see how timely it is to be a rookie. You ask "why a new player should make a million in a first day", they shouldn't, but most new players are going to want to progress to be able to sail a Snow or frigate quickly. The argument of "well they aren't advanced enough and will sink and thus won't play" isn't entirely true. Those players that leave quickly because they can't sail a ship are the same players who will leave because the early grind and lack of money is too slow. 

Lastly, maybe you go back to more dura on early ships, (anything below a certain class) that way those earlier adopters can progress as they like and if they sink, well they aren't without a ship anymore. Keeps them engaged, gets them better and when they do progress to a ship with 1 dura, they'll have gained skill along the way. 

8 minutes ago, admin said:

question to everyone

aye

It's impossible for us to see this game from the eyes of a newb because we know the game and know how everything works, battle mechanics, map, trading, etc.. So we know what we want ot achieve and want to do so as fast as possible

But a new player doesn't know anything. He doesn't know how to shoot, sail properly, how the market works, nothing. He will learn this over time, by first doing missions. In parallel he's getting gold, and over time he may join a group which can help him.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, admin said:

question to everyone

I agree with you there. Most post about the cost of arming ships and how devastating losing them can be seems to be caused by the redeemables. I havn't redemmed my surprise , nor my indefatigable and I'm salling 6-7th rate so far and my econ is just fine. I already have my workshop up so arming my surp and larger ships won't be a problem once I'm there.

Congrats with the patch. I'm happily pleased tbh. Just need to find a long term solution for the global vs EU issue and we are set :) 

PS. I see plenty of AI ships around Fort-Royal that are sailing into land, across the island, between Marin and Fort-Royal, do you still need a report for every time we witness this, or you are aware of it and are working on a general solution to correct it?

Edited by Serk
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Serk said:

PS. I see lenty of AI ships around Fort-Royal that are sailing into land, across the island, between Marin and Fort-Royal, do you still need a report for every time we witness this, or you are aware of it and are working on a general solution to correct it?

we are working on a solution. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, admin said:

question to everyone

They shouldn't, but most of us aren't new players.  Some of us have been on Testbed grinding these things out for months testing bugs and working for a better game.  We don't want to be in a basic cutter.  We should be able to move quickly into the mid tier and play from there.  You have to remember the majority of us where RA/Curse and had full crew and now your throwing us in basic cutters and expect us to start over.  I have over 4.6K hours in this game and that is just on one char, I have others with over 1K hours.  I put a lot of hours into this game.  I really don't feel I should be held back  cause I should be playing as a new char?

New plaeyrs will be limited on there crew so they won't be in a heavy frigate the second day.  I'm not  I have 1100 crew, well if I could afford them so I want to be able to use them and not worry about lost of crew or be able to have my fleet if I want to go grind AI ships for agro and money with my buddies in my clan.

No one is saying they should, again many of us ARE NOT NEW PLAYERS.  Though we are seeing very bad early level road blocks for those new players that they will hit.   There needs to be a better curve.  Easy to get into small cheap ships, hard to get back into big expensive ships, but this doesn't mean I should be stuck in a cutter every time I get sunked.  

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

aye

It's impossible for us to see this game from the eyes of a newb because we know the game and know how everything works, battle mechanics, map, trading, etc.. So we know what we want ot achieve and want to do so as fast as possible

But a new player doesn't know anything. He doesn't know how to shoot, sail properly, how the market works, nothing. He will learn this over time, by first doing missions. In parallel he's getting gold, and over time he may join a group which can help him.

Well put....we aren't new players.....

I think the problem is they expect us to play this as new players while having our rank and crafting levels and want to be mid tier so we can get into the RvR and OW PvP that many of us enjoy.  Yah many folks enjoy the small ships and I'm one of them, but I love frigates too.  I don't want to be stuck grinding every freaking ship over that I played over many hours and didn't like. I should be in the ships i love and be able to level those ships up to be master in them.  Right now we have to master every ship in game if we ever want to master a 1st rate.   I never been in a game that makes you master every thing. You only master what your char build is and needs.  Wold of tanks allows you to skip through tanks you don't want to play after a unlock or two. IF the ships unlock was one or two slots I think folks wouldn't complain so much.  But when I have to master a ship to move up the tree that is a pain.  Which by the way is something we still haven't gotten an answer on, what is the exact tree any way?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, admin said:

question to everyone

These questions are valid and can all be easily replied with "there is no reason to".

However, one can argue about the way we (or especially new players) play NOW versus how we used to. Especially for casuals it is quite hard to come to the point where one can easily replace a lost 6th rate without being forced back to sail cutters.

Making money is very much centered now on trading and on crafting (which includes production buildings). Especially casual players do not want that. If you want feedback on how you make the game more accessible for new players:

More missions, increased money rewards missions, NPC capture either enabled in some form or with increased rewards, especially for traders.

This will not allow new players to make millions on the first day (hardcore players actually have achieved that using trading national goods!), nor will they be able to get a heavy frigate, nor will they get everything without effort.

It will just let everything run more smoothly, especially for new and casual players.

• Like 1