Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9 for testbed patch 9.99

admin

Patch is being deployed to testbed server. 

List of changes

• Wood planking splinter crew resistance now properly affects crew damage
  • Skillbooks tooltip now properly show if you know it or not
  • Fixed the bug that did not allow entering of missions as a group
  • Missions now should allow fleets of mission rank and bellow
  • Fixed bug that did not repair leaks during OW repair
  • Fixed pirate bot distribution in the pirate regions
  • Fixed the tooltip of the ship that now properly shows bonuses from trims and wood type
  • Fixed the bug causing all items to be bought in stacks of 1
  • Fixed the bug causing permits to drop when breaking up crafted vessels

Nation change item added to redeemables to testbed for testing purposes. 

• Like 25

2 minutes ago, SneakyTurtle said:

Forged Papers.....cute name for the fresh start in the Redeemables....LOL

I suppose, it does exactly what it says: new papers, nothing else. so, if you flip nations, just be aware that you have no access to your warehouses, docks, and buildings in enemy ports. get that stuff out into a free port before you get a new set of papers. I like this! :)

Just now, Suppenkelle said:

I suppose, it does exactly what it says: new papers, nothing else. so, if you flip nations, just be aware that you have no access to your warehouses, docks, and buildings in enemy ports. get that stuff out into a free port before you get a new set of papers. I like this! :)

Well it pretty much explains all that in the desc.  They did a good job hopefully making that part a bit idiot proof, but there will always be that one guy.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

I might be wrong but simply resets the account once without loss of the redeemable items, not already ingame assets.

That's my interpretation.

I haven't tested it we got some one about to but it seems to change your nation and that is it.  Nothing else changes.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

How are forged papers available? or do you only get it one time after the wipe?

Check your redeemables.

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Nation change item added to redeemables to testbed for testing purposes. 

I suppose we get one of these as a redeemable in the live after the wipe.

I hope you can also buy forged papers after the wipe with high price. Perhaps you have to sail to the foreign port (smuggler flag) to buy forged papers of that nation. You can be in a situation that you want to change nation much later in the game.

The way it works is, you have to abandon all outposts in the old nation yourself (so noone can say they didn't know they would loose their stuff in there, because they literally have to close the outpost themselves).
You can save your stuff in free port outposts (ships, mats, etc.)
After you changed nation, you also keep your gold, redeemables, officer, and XP of course. (Also knowledge slots as PG Monkey mentionned below).
However you will loose your current LHs

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

So if understood it correct all will get one of those after the wipe right? And will there be any way to get more of them later?

I don't think you get any for free. As I understand it, on live server it will be an item you can purchase for PvP marks/conquest marks. It being redeemable on the testbed is just so we can test if it works properly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

I don't think you get any for free. As I understand it, on live server it will be an item you can purchase for PvP marks/conquest marks. It being redeemable on the testbed is just so we can test if it works properly.

The way I understood it was everyone would get one item as redeemable after the wipe, and after that you will be able to buy more as steam DLCs or something. (They compared it to WoW's character transfering service at some point.)
Some clarification would be nice tho

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Anolytic said:

no Devs said we all will get one free when the wipe happens encase we want to change nations after the wipe.  Though there was hints that it would be used in the future where you have to buy it to get one.

1 minute ago, Liquicity said:

The way I understood it was everyone would get one item as redeemable after the wipe, and after that you will be bale to buy more as steam DLCs or something. (They compared it to WoW's character transfering service at some point.)
Some clarification would be nice tho

Ok. Thanks. It appears I overlooked some announcement or comment from devs.

• Like 3

Well I just change an alt from Spanish to French.  I left his Clan tag on and one outpoost not abandon and it let me know I needed to clear those.   Pretty much the same things as Liquicity video shows.  

So working good so far.  Now lets see if any one can break it lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rediii said:

cant get online right now.

What happens when you close all outposts except a freeport and use it with a warship in your national port without smugglerflag activated?

You need to be in a free port to use the item, won't be able to in a national port

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, admin said:

yes. name change is impossible at this stage.

I kinda like the forge papers thing if in the future it can be gained through a lot of marks to play as a privateer that switches nations and not just from buying it through steam.  Ya'll might look into that.  Though make it pretty costly if it can be used in game..  Though so far seems to be working.

• Like 2