Game-Labs Forum

PVP Global Server - Nation/Clan Summit - April 1st

Christendom

1 hour ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Why this meeting is definitely important more than ever now. People will need to switch to teh nation they want before the new server comes out if they wish to keep their xp.

False. People will have to choose a nation before using the redeemable. You are still able to erase/create a new character in a different nation if you don't have spend your redemable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

Although I do not participate in RvR, I am looking forward to hearing whoever is streaming it. :)

I believe that Jeheil will probably attend and live stream the meeting.

I think once we get closer to the meeting a link for the livestream channel will be posted in this thread.

On 3/31/2017 at 2:56 PM, Chijohnaok said:

I believe that Jeheil will probably attend and live stream the meeting.

I think once we get closer to the meeting a link for the livestream channel will be posted in this thread.

If he does not, I'll stream it.

For those coming tomorrow:

TS Info:   - come with an open mind

- leave past nation bullshit in the past

- be civil

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Admiral Horatio Hornblower said:

To sum up:

No balance achieved. 

Lots of suggestions and questions to the devs.

The goal of this meeting was to gauge numbers, which we did.  We need more info from the devs before we commit to different nations

• Like 2

I think the most important point that needs to get into the dev's heads is that faction switching/balancing needs to be made easier, and incentivized, not made harder and ****blocked.

I commend you all for trying to balance things now, but even if you succeed today, there is nothing in place to rebalance in the future.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Simon Cadete said:

Nobody will do anything or commit to anything until the patch comes out. Only after that and after people see how many people are playing and where they are playing will players start changing nations accordingly.

There are people willing to commit to the change but there is a lack of information to understand the full extent of the wipe that people are not 100% sure where they will go. With what we did today we were able to have a better picture of what to look forward to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

There are people willing to commit to the change but there is a lack of information to understand the full extent of the wipe that people are not 100% sure where they will go. With what we did today we were able to have a better picture of what to look forward to.

and there was very little argument as we all had a common goal and was more info comes out we will have another meeting to work more things out. Even if it's only a small part of the population it helps get things better organized and balanced.  I think we all know US and GB is going to be largest, we just need to make sure the other nations aren't forgotten and that there isn't any more mega alliances.

With those things I'm happy.

• Like 1

Basically we either need alliances to still be on and GB/US cannot be allied or we need an in game method of transferring nations post wipe to balance ourselves.  

After the server split its unreasonable to expect all 7 nations to be able to field full RVR capable fleets, I'd rather see the players filter into maybe 4 medium sized nations if possible.  

After the meeting pvp1 US had a chat with some Brits and we might all be switching to one of the Eastern nations.  I hope others consider the same.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

Basically we either need alliances to still be on and GB/US cannot be allied or we need an in game method of transferring nations post wipe to balance ourselves.  

After the server split its unreasonable to expect all 7 nations to be able to field full RVR capable fleets, I'd rather see the players filter into maybe 4 medium sized nations if possible.  

After the meeting pvp1 US had a chat with some Brits and we might all be switching to one of the Eastern nations.  I hope others consider the same.  

I wouldn't give up on those small nations so quickly.  Many of the players that aren't part of big clans and such will fill some of those slots when needed.   I think folks where thinking to much on the RvR point and not on the nation as a whole.  Each nation have what we pirates call our Mort Rats.  Clan-less and small clan pirates that tend to stick around Mort area but they do show up to port battles and help fill up the extra slots.  That and we have won many a battles still out number so saying you can't win if you can't field a full team is a bit of BS.  Yes big number difference odds are against you, but if your short one or two players it's not a death sentence.   Not to mention those that showed only are a very small percentage of the actually player base and we might find out with the larger numbers of the merged servers and better ping for some.  Some players in certain time zones that are traditionally lacking players might have more than we think in each nation.

Though by the numbers I do think Spain is pretty much screwed, but that doesn't mean we should push them to one port just cause they might not have the players.  We should leave room for a nation to grow if they do get more player returning later.

Though over all I think it was a good meeting for starts and we will have more info the next one. It's a good direction for the server to have a few meetings like this when new patches and changes come out.

6 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Next meeting will be a bit more controlled.  Way too much chatter. 

listening to the recording from my man Chet, it was open and nice to hear everyone able to talk - but there was a topic and then in 60 seconds it went to something else.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I blame all the Brits. 

Also that mod "Mirones" that joined it gave a lot of good information on the TS chat, pity though he didn't pipe up and give information verbally, could have ended a lot of discussions with a solution.

A lot of what was being discussed about how the Devs need to do this and that Mirones was texting away. Even if the information he gave is a good 1-3 months away from being finished, it was some reassuring information to read.

EDIT: seems he did talk a bit at the end, but even if he's a mod  he had some really good information and it would be good to keep an open conversation with mods to really give proper feedback.

Edited by Teutonic

23 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

listening to the recording from my man Chet, it was open and nice to hear everyone able to talk - but there was a topic and then in 60 seconds it went to something else.

I was secretly just waiting for a big giant brawl to break out, but than I'm a pirate and we feed off such chaotic fun.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was secretly just waiting for a big giant brawl to break out, but than I'm a pirate and we feed off such chaotic fun.

One of the reasons I went. Popcorn ready and just waiting for someone to slip.

With the addition of being able to load cargo with fleet ships I would not be surprised to see more people out on open waters.

Edited by Davos Seasworth
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

One of the reasons I went. Popcorn ready and just waiting for someone to slip.

With the addition of being able to load cargo with fleet ships I would not be surprised to see more people out on open waters.

Yah they where talking to much about the RvR side and forget abut the PvP and trader hunters.  Your PvPers are going to be your RvR back bones for the most part.  If you make all resources say around the capital than there will not be traders for folks to hunt and folks won't be on the OW to fight and you loose PvP and you loose the PvP players.