Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.97 - Events, minor crafting changes and other things

admin

The removal of Fine woods would help increase the propensity for PVP. √
The battle instance PVP thing should attract the Ships in a circle, whacking away at one another, crowd of players. √

However, the Brace has a problem, in that you cannot use your rudder during the brace… which you can do in crew shock.
Overall, a good patch and a step in the right direction! √

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pagan Pete said:

The removal of Fine woods would help increase the propensity for PVP. √
The battle instance PVP thing should attract the Ships in a circle, whacking away at one another, crowd of players. √

However, the Brace has a problem, in that you cannot use your rudder during the brace… which you can do in crew shock.
Overall, a good patch and a step in the right direction! √

Maybe a charmisatic boatswain might become valuable now. I think they might have added the rudder thing to not have people sailing around with brace on all the time. You can still move yardarms, so you're basicaly still able to manouver a bit.

Edited by The Spud

30 minutes ago, Mike the Mongel said:

Was hoping the Admirilty store was going to make it in, could the Fine mats be some kind of PvP , PvE reward from admirility store, that could bring the Fine mats back in etc etc

I figure it will be paint, mods and maybe ships that you can earn up to with the store.

2 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Brace has cooldown of 5-7 minutes! We must be able to control rudder, otherwise it's pointless. Also in time of 5-7 minutes player might get easly 20 stern rakes. Cooldown should be maybe 30-60 seconds and posibility to use rudder.

Cooldown means ability to re use perk right?  You want tell me that you loose rudder for 5-7 minutes when use perk? Not get this tbh...

47 minutes ago, The Spud said:

Maybe a charmisatic boatswain might become valuable now. I think they might have added the rudder thing to not have people sailing around with brace on all the time. You can still move yardarms, so you're basicaly still able to manouver a bit.

You can slow down your ship to prevent "sailing around with brace"...its basic tactics and work on all sizes. If people cannt do that we have special shalow water region for them.

11 minutes ago, Bart Smith said:

Cooldown means ability to re use perk right?  You want tell me that you loose rudder for 5-7 minutes when use perk? Not get this tbh...

No once you use it it needs like 10 seconds set up time and then you have like 20 seconds Brace time. After that the ability is on cooldown and your crew works like normal again.

So you are just in crew shock for those 30 Seconds 

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo

5 hours ago, admin said:

• War supplies can only raise hostility to 50% and not more to remove the risk of hostility bombs
  • Social perk returns reformed as Signaling perk. Signaling allows entry to the battle until the battle rating of both sides is somewhat equal.

...in my view, the best changes in this patch (...aside from Fine Wood removement):

1. War Supplies:

- Because those can now only initiate an attack, the defending nation has a chance to react !

- Moreover, because War Supply "Bombs" are still requiring significant amounts of goods, money and work, its unlikely that nations would deploy a "Bomb" and then vanish from the scene as soon as the defender would show up in numbers

---> looks as good opportunity for open world PvP now  :) 

2. Signaling:

This perk could be the master key to accesible open world PVP on one hand and preventing unfair ganking on the other hand

All in all, this patch looks promising on first glimpse...good work Devs +1

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 3

Please tell me you still plan on the Admiralty store? Also what is the current time hostility should be generated? If you it seems that withe the changes, hostility can be generated to 100% over an hour or two. Seems rather quick. 

5 minutes ago, Dekillos said:

You can slow down your ship to prevent "sailing around with brace"...its basic tactics and work on all sizes. If people cannt do that we have special shalow water region for them.

I'm not sure where you are getting at mate. I have not tested the feature, so I'm probably missing some details.

Personally I enjoyed the fine wood concept and am sad to see it eliminated.  I think the issue with fine wood could have been resolved by increasing the drop rate and lowering the drop rate of Compass wood but that is neither here nor there.  However, I would like to say that the idea that the implementation of fine woods killed PVP is no where near the entire story.  The changes in the game over the past couple of months have caused numerous people to leave the game hence pretty much eliminating PVP.  I think a bigger impact on PVP than fine woods was the new Port Battle system.  Nowadays having a port battle almost seems like a rarity and, at least along the US coastline, screening is a thing of the past.

Also, stern camping and crew losses probably hurt PVP as much as anything else out there.  Nowadays, PVP is limited to small fast ships which is a shame.

I continue to play the game but looking back I hope the summer did not mark the high water mark of this game.  Right now, without PVP and Port Battles this game is getting pretty boring.

We need something to raise the population and more end game content.  There are plenty of content changes being proposed by players and hopefully the Devs are listening.

Worst patch ever.

The game becomes more and more casual-like. 

The fine woods were too hard - so we will revert back to the time where loosing ship is nothing and the only valuable thing in game is your officer life.

The ganking was apparently too easy (heh, heh) - so we will speed up traders, but leave engage timer the same. And leave AI fleets the same. Goodbye OW PVP.

There were too many ships in OW - so will reduce their count by towing (nice change, but not in current circumstances).

The raking damage reduce once again - go on tank with your stern.

Why play game with no sense of achievement or progress? To roleplay - but how - if with broken economy you can spend 1 hour and earn enough money to build a 1st rate like it was before? Now it's even easier - we have labor contracts to buy from noobs!

Now we can't hurt other nations in OW PVP cause ships doesn't matter anymore. So for PVP we are left just with PB - why then skip the unneeded OW at all and just make another WOWS but with Sails and stuff?

I like the game being for smart and hardcore players. And no, crafting woods didn't require too much time - it require only to plan logistics. But no, we once again sink to casual level of WOWS/WOT/WOW like games. 

Sad update, will go play smth more challenging..

Edited by Vaan De Vries
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, admin said:

resource control remained. You still have to own certain regions to have full access to some types of wood or materials. 

fine wood removed for the following reasons. Its goal was to limit the number of rare ships and first rates, the goal was somewhat achieved together with the removal of players :). It was not a good feature and has to be rethought completely.

Yes!!!! finaly no more fine woods!! is a amazingly great good new!!!

Edited by Facon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

Still waiting on the Xebec.....

Admins on PvP1 just said they are still working on the new ship and there are two more along with it to come.  Though I'm sure they aren't Xebec's.  Funny thing is my PvP1 Pirate name is a Barbary Corsair's name.

36 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Xebec is one of my favorite ship types of the era, that and the Brig... I love the basic little things, or as I call them, the workhorse ships of the actual age of sail.   Everyone loves the Victory, Ballona, Trincomalee, and Constitution.  But the ships that did MOST of the work was the Brigs, Schooners, and Xebecs. 

A Xebec frigate is a rarity, not a workhorse.

Leda-class frigates were the second-most common design in the Royal Navy at one point.

• Like 1

I had adjusted to the fine wood limitation on crafting exceptional ships. I actually felt some pride in supplying special ships that required some work to build. Now "exceptional" is meaningless since all ships will be built to this specification. Well all the adolescents will be happy to have their instant gratification without challenge.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Vaan De Vries said:

Worst patch ever.

The game becomes more and more casual-like. 

The fine woods were too hard - so we will revert back to the time where loosing ship is nothing and the only valuable thing in game is your officer life.

The ganking was apparently too easy (heh, heh) - so we will speed up traders, but leave engage timer the same. And leave AI fleets the same. Goodbye OW PVP.

There were too many ships in OW - so will reduce their count by towing (nice change, but not in current circumstances).

The raking damage reduce once again - go on tank with your stern.

Why play game with no sense of achievement or progress? To roleplay - but how - if with broken economy you can spend 1 hour and earn enough money to build a 1st rate like it was before? Now it's even easier - we have labor contracts to buy from noobs!

Now we can't hurt other nations in OW PVP cause ships doesn't matter anymore. So for PVP we are left just with PB - why then skip the unneeded OW at all and just make another WOWS but with Sails and stuff?

I like the game being for smart and hardcore players. And no, crafting woods didn't require too much time - it require only to plan logistics. But no, we once again sink to casual level of WOWS/WOT/WOW like games. 

Sad update, will go play smth more challenging..

Lot of salt for one post. 

Fine wood caused a dramatic reduction of the population. Something had to be done or you'll fine the game quickly became a single player game. I don't think it should be removed but something had to be done. 

Yeah ganking was getting out of hand, especially when you spent days getting the fine wood only to be sunk 5 mins out of port. As for the speed changes, I don't know if speed change has anything to do with ganking as every ship got the same % of increased. 

For the towing, I don't think what you said makes any sense. The devs never want to move people off the water. This just means players won't spend time capping npc trade cutters for porting. 

As for stern racking. It's done for balance and realism. Not every crew should be killed with stern rake. Also do you really like that a sol can be sterned and sunk by a unclassed ship? I it's kinda backwards. 

"Why play game with no sense of achievement or progress? To roleplay - but how - if with broken economy you can spend 1 hour and earn enough money to build a 1st rate like it was before? Now it's even easier - we have labor contracts to buy from noobs!" cause it's in development and we are hoping to have a hand in that. 

"Now we can't hurt other nations in OW PVP cause ships doesn't matter anymore. So for PVP we are left just with PB - why then skip the unneeded OW at all and just make another WOWS but with Sails and stuff?" why can't you hunt other nations? There are now focused pvp zones and no more ws bombing. 

"I like the game being for smart and hardcore players. And no, crafting woods didn't require too much time - it require only to plan logistics. But no, we once again sink to casual level of WOWS/WOT/WOW like games." the time came from transportation, not many people want to spend their time playing by sailing 2 hours to Bermuda just to spend the next day sailing the 2 hours back. And I'm sure both hard-core and casual players would agree . The game has to be balanced to make money, if players cant hop in and play for an hour then it will die. Same thing if players can't play for hours on end. 

"Sad update, will go play smth more challenging.." Remember, the game is early access if you are here to play a finished product, the I believe you are seriously mistaken on what early access is. 

We are all paid for this game for one reason or another, but we all should be committed to helping test the content. Complaining about mechanics befor thoroughly testing them does not help anyone or anything. 

Edited by Daguse
  • Like 7