Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 4 for Patch 9.96

admin

• Santa Cecilia ship speed lowered to beginning of the week level

Damn - And I just made myself a speed santa cecilia yesterday  :(  upgrade waste  <_<  (14.4 by using everything at speed - cedar, speed, expolartion, cupperplating and speed trim (ea exeptional). I only had no sails  :rolleyes:

Im sure you only do that to annoy me ;)  (kiddin)

Edited by Twig

Really devs, is not fun to do always rakes, or to listen to people saying "70 less crew", or posting pics with stern rakes, always the same it turn the combat into something boring at the long term. There is no need to do a good rake to kill docens, no minimun distance (effective rakes at 400m... c'mon), grapes are useless in comparison with the canon balls...

Brace command is coming. At 400m you should have plenty of opportunity to avoid a rake by telling the crew to take cover.

Grape is still useful before boarding or to punish an enemy who is tanking with a damaged broadside.

• Like 1

Now all the crry babies can make there 3/5 ships they HAVE TO HAVE TO WIN.  Sorry if you sucked before hand a 3/5 ships isn't going to help you over a 2/4.

Though thanks for posting the patch notes.  Still think they should be dropped a bit sooner when the servers go back up.  It's been 3 hours for a small short post and I know ya'll are busy and all.

• Like 3

You say that none is using Fine and MC... Well, you could...

Basic 1/1

Com 2/2

Fine 3/3

MC 4/3

EX 5/3

Could also have NPCs only sell Basics and all player crafted ships start as Commons.

NPC "Last Resort Vendor Trash":  Basic 1/1

It floats and has guns, its found everywhere and it removes gold from the economy. Any player-crafted ship is a better alternative. About 2/3rd of all NPC captures.

Player-Crafted, 0 Notes: Com 2/2

Double the upgrade slots for a 100% improvement over the basic, plus customization options. Common is a big step up over vendored ships. Maybe 1/3rd of ships captured.

Player-Crafted, 3 Notes: Fine 3/3

Only a 50% improvement over Common ships, at a premium of three notes. This needs to be at a steep premium over a fine ship, so that the notes double the cost of the ship to the crafter. That will depend on how we price notes in labor hours. Very rarely captured.

Player-Crafted, 9 Notes: MC 4/3

Only one more standard upgrade slot than a Fine, this is a very small improvement in effectiveness over a Fine ship. But the price is tremendous, if 3 notes doubled the cost, then 9 notes quadruple the cost to the crafter. A fine frigate that sold for 250,000 means its Mastercraft is 1,000,000. Only captured in epic events or server events.

Player-Crafted, 18 Notes + Rare Combat Trophy/Shipwreck Drop/Event Drop: EX 5/3

EIGHTEEN CRAFTING NOTES for only ONE MORE UPGRADE SLOT. Exceptional ships become end-game content. Including the trophy in crafting (see signature) will make the pursuit of trophies from combat a driving force for open world PvP among players who have reached the end of game progression. For which, they will use Mastercraft ships, (or heck guys, lets save our notes for the Exceptional and just sail Fines.) I'd expect to see Exceptionals only in port battles and tournaments, when that small edge over a Mastercraft justifies the risk.

Edited by Wesreidau
  • Like 2

Or you could have also.

Basic 1/3

Common 2/4

Fine, MC, Ex 3/5

The only different between Fine-MC-Ex would be the trims qualities.  This way a new player, who cannot afford an exceptional ship, he is still pretty competitive (If he can afford the mods).

Even if it would be just this, I probably would still just craft exceptional, because I can.

Could be also opposite, so that the trim bonus would be the same, and only differ by upgrade slot counts.

Edited by Cmdr RideZ
  • Like 1

I also noticed the "random" button is gone for crafting ships build type. Are we supposed to have the random button and the patch removed it in error?

and it now takes 20 lignum to craft 50 blocks as opposed to the 1 lignum to 50 blocks as it was before.  Again, Is this an error or intended?

I updated my post with the rational. Basically, if we want your middle-of-the-road player happy in a Fine, the amount of effort needed to get the next tier of ship needs to start spiking after Fine. That will make getting a Mastercraft a goal to work towards, rather than expected. Meanwhile the actual power increase over the previous ship needs to be much less than the cost increase. This keeps players in high-end ships from dominating those in mid-grade ships. You pay a premium for a slight edge when you go to Mastercraft, and a very high premium for Exceptional. But, in a 25v25 port battle, or tournament, that edge of an Exceptional might make the difference. For your usual fight, however, the difference between Mastercraft and Exceptional can be overcome by better play, and a Basic ship raking an Exceptional is just as devastating.

• Like 2

Could also have NPCs only sell Basics and all player crafted ships start as Commons.

Some good points, but way to many notes needed. I think there should be one note and only one note for the exceptional ships that you need.   Any one can build a basic ship, but the exceptional needs one note of that ship type.  Kinda like how you had to get notes for certain ships in POTBS to be able to final your deed and craft that ship.   

Or you could have also.

Basic 1/3

Common 2/4

Fine, MC, Ex 3/5

The only different between Fine-MC-Ex would be the trims qualities.  This way a new player, who cannot afford an exceptional ship, he is still pretty competitive (If he can afford the mods).

Even if it would be just this, I probably would still just craft exceptional, because I can.

Could be also opposite, so that the trim bonus would be the same, and only differ by upgrade slot counts.

I'm more in line with this.  Basic are sold in stores by NPC.   Common are the base level any player can craft when they get to the proper level.  AI fleets can have a chance of getting a Basic or Common ship.   Kinda how the system is now.   Now your Mastercraft/Exceptional ships are only able to craft either 5 levels above the level you learned the BP and can craft the ship at or just make Mastercraft (I would prefer to call them this than Exceptional) a level 50 only skill so that it means that level 50 crafter is actually worth something at end game level other than that he can build 1st rates and Exceptional Mods.  By that leave you are the Master Shipbuilder after all.  Make a very small chance for AI ships captured to maybe be this level.  All rare ships should not be a BP drop in a special event that only a few can build.  Instead make them truly rare and only a Ship you get that you can receive when you redeem the note for it.   These ships will all ways be of Master Craftsman level.  With that the L'Ocean, Agamemnon, and Heavy Rattler should be part of the crafting tree for every one.  Keep the SC and maybe some new ships as special and rare.  Though they should never be ships that are a big game changer in fights.  The Heavy Rattler is now the Meta in shollow water fights and not every nation has the BP to craft them so those that don't are going to hurt against them for the most part cause of there armor and weapon load out. 

I also noticed the "random" button is gone for crafting ships build type. Are we supposed to have the random button and the patch removed it in error?

and it now takes 20 lignum to craft 50 blocks as opposed to the 1 lignum to 50 blocks as it was before.  Again, Is this an error or intended?

Never understood why the random button was even there.  Though you still don't need extra stuff if your just making a basic ship with any trim.   I though it was pretty silly you can make so many blocks out of one log.  

Just in time for my weekend off (except mother in law duty tomorrow :wacko:

Mother in law duty...feel you man. Maybe some good game play will help keep the pain away.

Too little too late.....about 90% of my faction is no longer playing.  They quit in the last week.  Got tired of the PvE and being screwed over by all the crafting changes.

So what was that like 2 players?

• Like 1

Too little too late.....about 90% of my faction is no longer playing. They quit in the last week. Got tired of the PvE and being screwed over by all the crafting changes.

Well if 90% of your faction quit because of a patch and not being able to wait a few days for a fix or new patch then aloha testing is not for them. I would say life is really gonna be a challenge for them too lol.

• Like 3

Too little too late.....about 90% of my faction is no longer playing.  They quit in the last week.  Got tired of the PvE and being screwed over by all the crafting changes.

Last I heard this is still in development...so good and bad will be brought in while fixes made, did your faction not realize this is a Alpha/Beta ?

• Like 4

well i just dont like it anymore to many things have changed ....

the whole game changed  so much

that it has become unplayable on many fronts- strange battles and .,weird unusable goods.,a enemy on 10 mile s distance with a timer of 30 sec.,stern raking fests.-just to give some examples

i  prefer a roll back to the old situation

it was simple and clear

• Like 2

Some good points, but way to many notes needed.

The number of notes is arbitrary.

Notes cost a large amount of labor hours and are the only really expensive thing crafting involves. If it goes Fine 1, Mastercraft 3, Exceptional 9... well that's fine as well, if the labor hour price of notes triples. The purpose of a high note cost is to make it unjustifiably expensive to make the higher levels of quality ships. Notes for a Fine ship? Sure, I get the 3/3 slots. Notes for a Mastercraft ship? Well that's crazy, I pay three times as many notes for only one more slot. But that premium is there, to soak up labor hours, money and materials, from players who have an excess of fine ships and income and need a better ship.

Notes soak up labor hours, and labor hours are how crafters and the overall player economy works. If a crafter has to spend 10% more labor hours to make an Exceptional over a Basic, as he does now, he'll never make a Basic, only an Exceptional. Why wouldn't you? But if he has to spend 600% the labor hours to make a 5/3 exceptional over a 3/3 Fine... well. He'll make six Fines.

And that's how we balance the quality levels. Not "fine wood", which didn't change the cost curve of higher quality levels at all. Fine wood is still at the same linear upgrade. Only the speed trim for a basic ship costs the same as the speed trim for an exceptional ship... so make the exceptional.

I don't know, am I the only one who realizes Exceptionals are too cheap to craft over a Basic?

• Like 1