Game-Labs Forum

New Patch Hype

Ned Loe

Naval Action players spotted outside Game Labs Studio walls waiting for next patch arrival. It is still unclear when Game Labs will release the patch , but many already spending days on fresh air away from their desktops.  :D  Meme time!yT2o6HY.jpg

• Like 8

Naval Action players spotted outside Game Labs Studio walls waiting for next patch arrival. It is still unclear when Game Labs will release the patch , but many already spending days on fresh air away from their desktops.  :D  Meme time!yT2o6HY.jpg

Aren't those activists requesting BPs for all new ships to be available in crafting tree? :ph34r:

• Like 2

Hope it worth...

Other games in my inventory on Steam had average 4 patches on the same time gamelabs releases a single one.

Names? We would love to see those mythical fast developers you are talking about?

Hope they are not related to pixel art platformers ? and are no single player games. As single player development speed is 10x faster than any server based mult.

• Like 1

Names? We would love to see those mythical fast developers you are talking about?

Hope they are not related to pixel art platformers ? and are no single player games. As single player development speed is 10x faster than any server based mult.

lets be honest, on the Eastblock side, there is Game labs the fastes Developer team i have seen, they throw out a Fix in less then 75hours, while we have Wargaming, who took a mounth to fix serious gamebreaking bugs. And gajiin that have a snail as mascout is still not able to make a tank explode then the ammorack is destroyed, of corse that tank is a russian one *roll eyes* taht that tanks is driving since 4 mounths like that.

There are far more slower developer teams, that have far more crew and still produces far less quality then Game Labs.

Also patching on a livesever is freaking expensive

• Like 1

please don't overhype

there is nothing there. nothing special  

keep expectations low please :)

ps, Endymion with a rare paint

uP7E1YA.jpg

For the love of god!! "Don't overhype" and then u go and post a pic of a sexy Endymion... FFS!! That's like saying "don't get too horny" while standing on an empty beach at sunset with a naked and willing Halle Berry.. And yeah I do have a thing for her and YES I do have a thing for the Endymion as well...

Edge Case Games.

3 patches, two weeks.  I do not recall any content added though.  and I don't recall any patch notes.  i'd have to assume they were  bug fixes mostly.

Piranha Games.

they kinda do you like you do.  Small content patch every month or so.  then they do a big content patch every 4-6 months.

Edited by randommexi
  • Like 2

LOOK AT THAT!!!!

CALM WATER!

I cant wait, to fight for once in a calm sea!

You'll need to run out the oars Hodo, not the guns.  No wind.

I was about to say from my experience in the Navy and than working off shore that is a prime example of what we call DEAD CALM.  No waves or wind and if you don't have power to your boat your screwed.   

Edge Case Games.

3 patches, two weeks.  I do not recall any content added though.  and I don't recall any patch notes.  i'd have to assume they were  bug fixes mostly.

Piranha Games.

they kinda do you like you do.  Small content patch every month or so.  then they do a big content patch every 4-6 months.

Both teams have are 5x bigger than ours + both are good. Both games are session based shooters. Open worlds are harder. 

If we cut open world we could patch more often. 

Edge Case Games.

Piranha Games.

Indeed, those guys from Fractured space and Mechwarrior online are like on crack! Fractured space get's a patch every few days. MWO is putting it out at a fast steady pace as well.

Fractured Space went from early alpha pre EA version to release in a year's time and looking good so far! 

On the other hand you have guys who are making Dreadnought (Greybox) and they are still in closed beta after promising open beta at the first quarter 2016!

Reportedly they are working on a major overhaul of the game, being the reason for the massive delay..  

However devs spin this NA is having slow development progress. Is this good or bad, do we like/dislike it, everybody will have differing opinion.

But while we here are arguing amongst each other NA has hit a new low in player numbers playing. Sure, some of it can be attributed to waiting for new patch

but that has been said every time again and again but every time it happens fewer players return to the game!

As NA is a sandbox mmo type rather than theme park mmo where a player can count on having his fun in content by himself, fun in NA is very dependent on other players.

Low player numbers is the worst thing that can happen to this game. I guess you will always have your die hards who will stay online no matter what but slowly and surely 

rest will leave, leaving NA a vacant and empty game.

So a honest suggesting from a player of NA who has this game success at his hearth i suggest you start asking this questions:

1. What will keep new players to play this game?

2. What will keep veteran and more casual players to play this game?

Or? Or keep pandering and tailoring the game to the liking of only one type of players (we all know who they are and what type of game they want this to be) just be aware that this

strategy left you with a game that is struggling to keep it's most populated server over 600-700 players at prime times..  

• Like 1

Both teams have are 5x bigger than ours + both are good. Both games are session based shooters. Open worlds are harder. 

If we cut open world we could patch more often. 

Edge Case has about 25 devs. (http://www.edgecasegames.net/careers/)

If i understand correctly you guys have about 10?

So no 5 times bigger.. 

Doesn't really matter. What it does matter is player count. Every game has its lifecycle and if left half baked too long you will lose potential customers.

There are already topics on your steam page of people asking is this game worth buying and how populated it is! You can play the early access card only so far..

NA is having abysmal player retention rating. Meaning that most people who bought it already left it never to return again. This is bad. No Man's sky bad!

Getting more guys in your dev team would mean more content on a faster pace, which would mean more satisfied player base = more guys playing the game= better game statistics = more new players = more money for you company!  

After your planned "release", i think you will need to resurrect this game a new. Your big steam EA release has been and gone. What i suggest (after what you think this game is in a released state) you hop on the steam discount/event bandwagon and try to hook new players relying on very positive steam rating that it will attract more new guys on a steady rate after. Also, some advertising the game on whatever media you find most efficient would help as well.

Edited by Rabid_Infidel
  • Like 1