Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.94 - Alliances, New ships, New features.

admin

L'OCEAN HYPE!!!!!!! 

Time to read patch notes now! :P

Edit: (Now that i have read patch notes i can post my thoughts ^^) 

Specialt Event and Special Feature? Sweeet! I like surprises :D

Along with everything except for my one dislike! ;)

Dislikes:

"Social" perk? Sounds horribru, perfect for gankers i guess. 

Obviously my likes and dislikes are my initial thought when reading the patch notes. 
Looking forward to test it all!

• Like 3

I am very pleased to read through the entirety of the update notes, most notably:

- the inclusion of the event ships, of course

- the added changes to the alliances, especially the smuggler attack

Yay ! Muskets been looked into finally :) thanks guys.

Very very eager to see this new phase unfolding.

• Ships crafted after patch have the name of the crafter added to it. 5% of all combat xp earned on that ship will be given to a crafter through the redeemable.

If i buy ship from crafter then i earn less xp.

===rus===

Если я куплю корабль у крафтера, то я буду получать меньше XP?

• Like 2

To celebrate the increase in the steam ratings 4 ships will be added to the game.

If ratings continue to grow more ships will be added in patches before release

event blueprints linked to steam rating ... Hope those will be easy to get in game, i mean many opportunities to get them, otherwise and without wanting to sound like a bad mouth, it's no my intention but i have to say what i think, it horribly reminds me the companies we see begging for a like on them facebook pages vs something, the game is nice and deserves a like on steam tho. 

Also Santa cecilia not listed, hope it is ninja added and stays this time, and finally the troll gunbot :)

-Ships crafted after patch have the name of the crafter added to it. 5% of all combat xp earned on that ship will be given to a crafter through the redeemable.

I asked for crafter names on ships a long time ago, but getting xp out of it seems odd .

- New perk Social – battle generated by the player with this perk stay open for 30 mins for both sides.

Special home waters defenser/ tacler perk , not sure how this will change the game but need to be tested, some may specialize in patrolling them home waters and this will be a enormous advantage for dedicated taclers.

-  To give players some flexibility perk reset becomes free until perks are stabilized.

Thanks a lot for this.

- Holds are finally rebalanced for all vessels, it is now closer to historical hold sizes. We will continue tuning hold sizes going forward.

200 cargo on trader lynx and 400 on cutters i guess, let's see others 

-We know that trading and combat should be done through separate officers and plan to add a non-combat officer as a second hire in the future.

Alleluia, can't wait

Stiffness was buffed to give +5% to mast HP and +2cm to armor

Not sure what to think of this one, while stiffness needed something to make it less useless the problem is more on the RNG ships outcome than bonuses it gives or not, 2cm more armor is a game changer for many ships and maybe not a good idea, 5% mast HP won't make a big difference tho, maybe the bonus should be on ships armor HP, not armor thickness itself, need to see/test this on the long run.

- No more easy tp of ships using smuggler flags too, not a bad decision, still possible to cap and tp ships and nothing about the need to sail ships we were supposed to get some times ago, pirates and smugglers not able to attack each others to hide is a very welcome change.

The rest is interesting, curious about new features and events, alliances finally here, all this needs to be tested for a while, bring it on and thanks for the dedicated work.

• Like 1

probely like special tornaments and so on that first price is

1 price L Ocean – event blueprint

2 price Agamemnon – event blueprint

3 price Rattlesnake Heavy – event blueprint

dont like that one.

It is said open to pvp and pve players so it's probably not only this, i hope there is many opportunities to get them.

• Like 1

event blueprints linked to steam rating ... Hope those will be easy to get in game, i mean many opportunities to get them, otherwise and without wanting to sound like a bad mouth, it's no my intention but i have to say what i think, it horribly reminds me the companies we see begging for a like on them facebook pages vs something, the game is nice and deserves a like on steam tho. 

Artists live for the applause. To assume something else is unnatural. 

• Like 15

First of all, many interesting features to test :) . In generaI I share some concerns already expressed by Kanay above, mainly about xp from sailing crafted ships, and about stiffness...2 cm buff on armor is a big difference. Moreover, as a crafter, I'd rather have the possibility to choose all the features of ships crafted by me (no more randomness between speed and stiffness please). On a final note: can you tell us more about BP special events? Thank you for all your hard work Devs :) !

• Like 1

Artists live for the applause. To assume something else is unnatural. 

True artists live for this yes, nowadays however many so called artists live for cash optimization like in the music industry , the game is great and deserves more recognition for sure, i don't mind giving a like on steam, game and the work put on it deserves it, it's just a bit strange to see how this is formulated, i don't want to offend you or the rest of Dev's team, not my intention at all, you do a great job and deserve good rewards for it .

Also please don't make new BP's too hard to get, events are ok if they are numerous and we have many ways and opportunities to get them, also what about players than are not into crafting but can participate in those events vs some more dedicated crafters that for some are not much into combats and such ? I guess we will see BP's for sale for some millions of gold, while the crafting market is in great decline and crafters are mostly loosing a lot of cash if they do ships nowadays  ... 

• Like 6

[..]

Ships crafted after patch have the name of the crafter added to it. 5% of all combat xp earned on that ship will also be given to a crafter through the redeemable. 

[..]

That's a neat idea! Will it count towards the officer xp as well?

• Like 2

can we please have some some more info on the events that will give the new ships BP as reward?

I think it might be that "Special new event added – you will find it out by playing" in the patch notes. There are epic events, maybe these are something similar. Can't wait to get home after work and try this patch. 

I think it might be that "Special new event added – you will find it out by playing" in the patch notes. There are epic events, maybe these are something similar. Can't wait to get home after work and try this patch. 

From the wording of the patch notes, I am not sure that those "special new events" are the same events that drop the new BPs.

• New perk Social – battle generated by the player with this perk stay open for 30 mins for both sides.

Вы это серьезно или что-то вроде троллинга? Хотелось бы увидеть как вы до этого додумались и зачем.