Game-Labs Forum

The Three Admirals Treaty PvP1

Surathani

You have to be drunk if you believe your own shit. We are quite tired to be doing pb attacks at the middle of our nights.

It is always the middle of the night for somebody - the British nation does provide ports for about 75% of the time - hand tailoring it to our enemies advantage would be madness - we guarentee palyers for a defense on all these ports and those guys deserve a port at their time whether it fits your attack plan or not!

Most fun part in all of this is see and hear USa talking like they have credits for sit on the table of winners, tryng to impose stuff, when we all know that usa is like cockroaches, they attack nations overbusy fighting other real nations, what usa is  doing with spain and pirate now is just opportunism, as they did when  pirates and sorry where busy in carslile, as soon  they face a real fight they abandon all their territory defence and retreat in some neutral city claiming it a strategy.

USa remind me mussolini, when declared war on france becouse he "needed some thousand losses" for sit on the table of the winners.   USA alone never dared to proclaim a war vs a nation becouse they know how it will end,    spain vs usa, beside timers 0.4 0.6 EU time, it will be a 1-2 week fight where spain humiliate the USA.

On other side i like to see that Dutch at difference of USa not like to be a puppet of the brits.

Oh I'm sorry Vicious I don't see you on the map - I also don't see you being respected as a person or diplomat in this game nor can your skill level really compete when you meet more then one ship with your 5 (you managed to build a big clan - well done - but they're doing the work that you claim for you) - 7 nights at st nic you ran head first into a wall. I'd rather sit in one port with the US, Brits and Dutch then with you in 200.

• Like 7

It is always the middle of the night for somebody - the British nation does provide ports for about 75% of the time - hand tailoring it to our enemies advantage would be madness - we guarentee palyers for a defense on all these ports and those guys deserve a port at their time whether it fits your attack plan or not!

2-4 and 4-6 timers used on a massive scale are a gamey way to make sure no one snatches your ports. Its the main reason why rvr in its current form is a failure, and speaks volumes of those who use it to dodge fights. I doubt Spanish players will even bother with that bullshit before the rework.

• Like 7

2-4 and 4-6 timers used on a massive scale are a gamey way to make sure no one snatches your ports. Its the main reason why rvr in its current form is a failure, and speaks volumes of those who use it to dodge fights. I doubt Spanish players will even bother with that bullshit before the rework.

Timer meta and avoid battle meta ( take port if BR is overwhelming or empty, retreat if opposed ) is the norm.

It makes for a lot of jokes in the free ports taverns and brothels.

• Like 2

Maybe all nations diplomats should meet on a ts to talk about what is possible to do.

There might be good idea to take from pellasgos's project in order to allow every nation to do RVR and PVP until the next diplo patch.. (supposed to be in less than a month)

I realized that a lot of smacktalker and troll on this forum, but i will be better for all of us if we could make this topic clean, and find solutions in order to allow all to play together or against each other.

• Like 2

Not really an issue in this thread but you are proclaiming utter nonsense my friend. We are living on a globe - not a European pancake...

Edited by Gooneybird
  • Like 1

The french stopped RVR for this exact reason

Triple Timers. Set 1 timer and system propagates for 0h, 6h, 12h, timezones. everyone can play. More fun to everyone.

Now that's actually a good idea. If they don't change port battles soon, I would like to see this implemented as a temporary fix feature in the mean time.

ahem, DEVELOPERS ^^^

14124d1426359531-guess-who-gives-allah-o

Edited by ajffighter86

If I recall correctly, the Dutch set one port timer to an EST prime time at Jacmel so that their US-based clan members could have a place to fight, and the whole damn server had a meltdown over timers.

And all the PB action there the past couple of weeks shows howmuch fights you got there over those ports

Same reason the Danes are mostly quiet.

Not really an issue in this thread but you are proclaiming utter nonsense my friend. We are living on a globe - not a European pancake...

Then set those against an opponent that has players in that timezone. Not against nations you know don't.

Edited by Kloothommel

The French stopped RvR cause they're incompetent and got their arses kicked on a daily basis even by smaller fleets. Stop being so bloody delusional - reevaluate your strength and then make a battle plan that won't end you underneath some other nations boot - would be a good strategy for a change.

The French stopped RvR cause they're incompetent and got their arses kicked on a daily basis even by smaller fleets. Stop being so bloody delusional - reevaluate your strength and then make a battle plan that won't end you underneath some other nations boot - would be a good strategy for a change.

1307932885001.jpg

• Like 3

Then set those against an opponent that has players in that timezone. Not against nations you know don't.

We set our timers so all OUR members can play - it is not our duty to appease you! - feel free to set your ports to US timers and we send our guys available at the time to get em - but you cannot ask us to eliminate a part of our own palyerbase and at the same time provide you with an advantage - there is nothing in it for us - you get to attack our ports at all tiems - failure to do so lies with you alone!

Whatever makes you feel better mate. You know where we are.

• Like 4

And all the PB action there the past couple of weeks shows howmuch fights you got there over those ports

Yes, and it is a flaw in the game design, not malicious intent to avoid combat. Do you guys think it was easy to be home at 12-2PM to take those ports in the first place? Did USA players whine and complain that the Europeans were setting port timers during the US-workday to avoid combat? No. They just set them to timers that are most convenient for their daily schedules.

It's a broken system, but the accusations that people are using port timers to cheat are being thrown around rather flippantly and are unwarranted, in my opinion.

Edited by ajffighter86

Yes, and it is a flaw in the game design, not malicious intent to avoid combat. Do you guys think it was easy to be home at 12-2PM to take those ports in the first place? Did USA players whine and complain that the Europeans were setting port timers during the US-workday to avoid combat? No. They just set them to timers that are most convenient for their daily schedules.

It's a broken system, but the accusations that people are using port timers to cheat are being thrown around rather flippantly and are unwarranted, in my opinion.

New Orleans was set to a 18-20 timer, everybody knows that the players fighting there are Mostly Australians...South Haiti: European players => 04-06 timers. I understand your need to let everyone play. You just got it all backward

• Like 3

I only added that bit as a response to the US whining about being left out of the treaty talk and saying that spain will all of the sudden decide they wanna go apeshit on the US. I live on the east coast USA (EST) and i have absolutely no problem whatsoever participating in rvr during pvp1 primetime 18-22 server time with EVERYONE else. If i remember right it works out to 4-8pm est. Sorry for the off topic, you can delete this if you want i just needed to straighten that out quick. As for this treaty, its a noble effort with good intentions but asking the whole server to be at peace will probably just lead to broken promises and even more bad blood on the eve of the rework. I wish you the best of luck though in all seriousness.

Edited by Potemkin
  • Like 6

How the hell is this now ANOTHER thread about ZOMG BRITS/DUTCH EXPLOIT TIMERS!!!11, when the only friggin' mention of timers in the OP is to CHANGE the offending timers to be custom tailored to the French and Danes. FFS you are getting what you want! Stop the bitching already!

Start preparing your battle plans and stop the forum warfare about a thing that is now clearly in the past and that will be remedied as soon as we Dutch get our shit together and get an opportunity to flip ports and timers with the Brits.

• Like 2