Game-Labs Forum

Tournament sign up

Molon_Labe13966

currently there are 32 teams, in order to expend it there need to be another 32 for a balanced bracket

Or half of the teams advance a round by default.

it will be a shame that some teams might not get in - did you guys give enough time?

perhaps some of the teams (lucky ones) can challenge the spot of the unlucky ones? (chosen randomly) 

or late stragglers can fight each other for a chance to take place of a drop out?

Or they were too late and have to wait for next one ;) - not our choice of course (But organizers)

BT & RUS registration

[bT] Alchemist

[bT] Heidar Alieri

[bT] Grigorash

reserved

[bT] Rodrigoz

[RUS] VitoGenoveze

2 teams have withdrawn the Tournament. As Olav said a few days ago, a PM has been sent to the 3 late registration teams (SLRN T3, BT T1, LG T1).

- BT Team 1 just finished there registration and are in the tournament !

- SLRN Team 3 just finished there registration and are in the tournament !

I would very much like to try a mock up match with two of the teams tonight, 23:00 London/Lisbon time.

- test the system

- test the rules

- test camera work

Poke me in game or in here and we get to hit.

• Like 1

Small update :

A few teams did not answer the PM we sent them ! theses "team contacts" should have a look at there PMs :

• KIN Team 1
  • WO Team 1
  • WO Team 2
  • ARSE Team 1
  • ARSE Team 2
  • SLRN Team 2
  • TDA Team 2

All 25 other teams are ready and good to go !

As soon as the last teams have finalised, well shuffle the teams in 8 groups. We may bring a few modifications to avoid same clans being in same groups. As soon as it is done, we'll all link you to the Tournament "interface" where you will be able to see all the groups and matches to come !

ETA around begining of next week

• Like 1

and why late joiners cant fight for several spots in the event?

I would like to pick up on this seeing as due to the changes in the date when the tournament was supposed to start because of the changes to small battles to make it work I will now be on holiday I have had to drop out from our team which will result in myself being unable to participate. I do however come back on Saturday next week but find that I will not be allowed to retake up my spot which was rather annoying mind you it could be all over by then of course.

Yeah we may have to drop out as well (unsure at this point) but that's life :)

I am unsure if tournament matchmaker was working when we tested it on wednesday:

We got into a small battle under the parameters of the tournament alright [also checked the duel room, didnt work at all] but we had to wait for the regular Small Battles countdown.

This may or may not be intended, and it would be a bit klunky for match scheduling.

I would like to pick up on this seeing as due to the changes in the date when the tournament was supposed to start because of the changes to small battles to make it work I will now be on holiday I have had to drop out from our team which will result in myself being unable to participate. I do however come back on Saturday next week but find that I will not be allowed to retake up my spot which was rather annoying mind you it could be all over by then of course.

I dont understand you question ? It IS possible for the reserve to join in at ANY given time. Basicly as we didnt specifiy anything, it would mean (Olav has the final word on that) that you have a 4 men team and can use any 3 of theme for each matche you're playing.

Also, as we realised with the other Judges :

Don't forget it's 6 matches per group, 8 groups. That's 48 matches on stage one ! Add 16 matches on final stage, you get a total of 64 matches.

It's a lot, considering the fact you have to get 6 players + 1 judge (the judge should be the easy part) at the same time. So I would not expect it to be finished in only one week, and you would all be able to join in :)

I know you have 32 teams, however if one drops out and you need a reserve team (or you get enough signups for a preliminary round).

Another team from KIN

Jeheil, Eggy, Mad Jack Pellow with

Cantoris and Critique as reserves.

I know you have 32 teams, however if one drops out and you need a reserve team (or you get enough signups for a preliminary round).

Another team from KIN

Jeheil, Eggy, Mad Jack Pellow with

Cantoris and Critique as reserves.

Got that !Though "Critique" is already on the other "KIN" team (and you can have only 1 reserv per team). We may have a few new slots opening up :)

Just to remind every captain that the matches must be arranged in advance along with the judges and will be noticed to any streamer and public alike.

From the tests run yesterday doing 3 matches in a evening is no strain IF everyone is set and ready at a moment notice.

Also will have a chat with the judges team about something else.

AH ! Don't forget about the Team Motto contest. I think it was worth something of value although its true value is humour and witt.

I dont understand you question ? It IS possible for the reserve to join in at ANY given time. Basicly as we didnt specifiy anything, it would mean (Olav has the final word on that) that you have a 4 men team and can use any 3 of theme for each matche you're playing.

Also, as we realised with the other Judges :

Don't forget it's 6 matches per group, 8 groups. That's 48 matches on stage one ! Add 16 matches on final stage, you get a total of 64 matches.

It's a lot, considering the fact you have to get 6 players + 1 judge (the judge should be the easy part) at the same time. So I would not expect it to be finished in only one week, and you would all be able to join in :)

So what your saying Kair is that once i return from my holidays i can return to take up my spot? even though i am not officially on the team sheet?

Edited by Llewellyn Jones RN

So what your saying Kair is that once i return from my holidays i can return to take up my spot? even though i am not officially on the team sheet?

If you are listed as reserve or someone else is listed as reserve and the reserve takes up your spot untill you return. But you have to be on the team sheet in one way or the other, after the begin of tournument no more changes can be made to the team set up to neither reserves nor main team members.

Small update :

A few teams did not answer the PM we sent them ! theses "team contacts" should have a look at there PMs :

• KIN Team 1
  • WO Team 1
  • WO Team 2
  • ARSE Team 1
  • ARSE Team 2
  • SLRN Team 2
  • TDA Team 2

All 25 other teams are ready and good to go !

As soon as the last teams have finalised, well shuffle the teams in 8 groups. We may bring a few modifications to avoid same clans being in same groups. As soon as it is done, we'll all link you to the Tournament "interface" where you will be able to see all the groups and matches to come !

ETA around begining of next week

Got that !Though "Critique" is already on the other "KIN" team (and you can have only 1 reserv per team). We may have a few new slots opening up :)

I've been trying to get into contact with the other 2 members of my team but have been unsuccessful thus far (probably on my part because i've been really busy with work, and being in an australian timezone doesnt help :P(yes i've tried mailing in game, no response)), i don't wish to be the one to withdraw us but if any of us cant get in contact with eachother then they'll have to replace me or you may have to withdraw us. Also, me being a reserve is just in case Cantoris cant make it :)

Ladys and Gentelmans, Captains, Privateers and Pirates, welcome to the first 3v3 PVP1 Tournament !

As some of you may already know, tournament is starting the today, 23 of August ! Olav being partly away for RL reasons, I will post the final Team compositions and name ! Olav is still in charge and will update the main forum thread as soon as he can (be patient ! ;)).

You may now acces the Challonge Tournament "overview". Teams have been randomly shuffled using the !

The way things are going to happen :

We will creat a PM shared conversation between each "team contact" and settle for a date/time for your matchs (in no particular order). If you know teams your supposed to fight, you may take the initiative to arrange your match, however as soon as you have a date, you shoud warn us by PM (Hethwill, Kair or M G. Once Olav is back, you will also be able to PM him) so we can assign you a judge and a streamer ! EACH match should be validated by a judge. A streamer or someone recording is strongly recommanded so everyone can have a good time following the tournament (the organisation will manage that part).

How does "Challonge" work ?

You only need to bother with 2 Tabs on the left of the screen : [Group stage] and [Final stage] tabs.

Group stage :

You'll see all groups there, with scores, leaders etc...

If you click on "Matches" you will see the 6 matches of the group and can click on "Match details" on each one. This is where we'll post each match video and/or streaming. So for thoses of you that want to follow the tournament, you'll be able (hopefully) to follow each and every matche of your favorite team !

Final stage :

Once each and every group stage match has been played, the 2 first teams of each groups will qualify for the Final stage. You can also have match details there with the videos etc...

You may find the (almost) final list of teams participating in the tournament lower. One last slot is still available though. Team names are the "main" clan of the team (through remember this is NOT a clan tournament, but a TEAM tournament), followed by nation, and first letters of each team member.

--------------------------------------------------------------

OCEAN (sv.sst) T.1
Seawolf
SeaHyena
Tommy Shelby *
Ellis

OCEAN (sv.zst) T.2
Salzi
Sveno
Tomms123 *

--------------------------------------------------------------

RUBLI (pi.gkd) T.1