Game-Labs Forum

Write all players that only hunts newbes here.

Kronans

Honestly, I dont think that newbie protection and sandbox mmo really go well together.

I guess most of the players ignore a rank 1/2 player in a basic cutter or similar. But as soon as you move up in ships (be it trader ship or combat ship) you are just fair game to anyone. Thats how the game works and how it should work.

When you sign up for a sandbox MMO game, you should be prepared for these kind of ganks.

Oh and btw, what tells you they only attack new players?

Edited by Sharden

Multiplayer. Companions. Learn together. Test ships, get into trouble, fight to get out of them, etc, all together with a couple buddies.

No one needs to learn on its own.

Where has all the social fun gone ? Is it all power puf gaming nowadays ?

I agree with about 90% of what you say and once again you hit the nail on the head.

Where is the "social play" in online games now ? Its like todays gamers cant handle the freedome to do anything they want and to shape a game world to thier mold.

Now every game is just another carbon copy quest game. So and so tells you to kill x amount of rats or ships or orcs and come back. Rinse and repeat till max level with max gear then log in once a day to do your group raids/dailies.

The realy bad part is that whem someone tries to deviate from that course they are shunned, mocked and told to shut up.

I honestly had such high hopes for this being a great sandbox 19th century version of EVE. I dont have that hope now.

Looking forward to playing with or against you Hethwill when the servers merge.

I was ganked 1st day I joined potbs, later I became a hunter and payed back. Simple as that. Yes it will kill population, but devs allow it and there is no restrictions to hit rank 1. Also, read the survival guide that I wrote in Guides section.

potbs also has a thing that prevents 50s from going after say level 1s or 2s

10 brits kill a first level pirate = wtg ! Teach that little pirate scum there is no place for him here ! F him !

2 pirates attack a 3rd lvl brit= game is broken , someone should stop the bullshit ganks. Nobody is gonna play this game if they get ganked. Oh woe is me.

• Like 3

It is the circle of hate.

Start a game....play a bit...go somewhere new...die horribly to things you can barely dent.

You now have your motivation...be good enough to kill them.

Tis MMO.

If you don't want that, play PvE or single player.

• Like 4

It is the circle of hate.

Start a game....play a bit...go somewhere new...die horribly to things you can barely dent.

You now have your motivation...be good enough to kill them.

Tis MMO.

If you don't want that, play PvE or single player.

Ah !!! Good one.

I'll add... Learn to fight early but learn to escape sooner ;)

I got ganked by pirates soon as I started on pvp2 sever they blockcaded the area so I could not leave or had a chance to leave I mean pirates are pirates they do this that's the fun part about it and they do run when the ships come in just like a pirate should pirates are not a military force to die for their rights and they have no honor or are honor bound or by a code or anything they are just the classic arsehole like any other pirate that existed I love pirates even though I'm in united states pvp2 nation rather be united states even though I want to be a pirate super badly. i even drink rum as my choice of alcohol drink because i love pirates if i was not in US nation id be a pirate.i listen to shantys and pirate shantys while i drink rum to relax and enjoy i love sailing game's and pirates are what got me into sailing games in the first place. so idk why we got to argue those that leave the game are the types who are not ready for sandbox pvp in the first place i agree we need more players. and also just because they were ganked a few times does not mean they are going to leave nut if they were ganked like 10 times in 1 day i can see rage quiters....but this is meant to be a pvp sandbox is sopposed to be hard and fun like when you get a hard on....lol.....but yeahpirates are going to be pirates i don't exspect them to act like the good guys and not seal club or gank low levels or easy targets....that's all pirates are good for anyways is ganking low levels or outnumbering unsuspecting victims and ganking them an easy target is a gold mine to a pirate....but still don't exsepect rats to not act like rats or ants  not to act like ants when you stir up their turf or cockroachs to not be cockroachs....and i know they are just going to betray the brits after they get enough players in pvp2 that's how they are.they are just using brits as a cruch to not die off the map because if it was brits and US against pirates pirates would no longer exist...okay I'm done lol

I got ganked by pirates soon as I started on pvp2 sever they blockcaded the area so I could not leave or had a chance to leave I mean pirates are pirates they do this that's the fun part about it and they do run when the ships come in just like a pirate should pirates are not a military force to die for their rights and they have no honor or are honor bound or by a code or anything they are just the classic arsehole like any other pirate that existed I love pirates even though I'm in united states pvp2 nation rather be united states even though I want to be a pirate super badly. i even drink rum as my choice of alcohol drink because i love pirates if i was not in US nation id be a pirate.i listen to shantys and pirate shantys while i drink rum to relax and enjoy i love sailing game's and pirates are what got me into sailing games in the first place. so idk why we got to argue those that leave the game are the types who are not ready for sandbox pvp in the first place i agree we need more players. and also just because they were ganked a few times does not mean they are going to leave nut if they were ganked like 10 times in 1 day i can see rage quiters....but this is meant to be a pvp sandbox is sopposed to be hard and fun like when you get a hard on....lol.....but yeahpirates are going to be pirates i don't exspect them to act like the good guys and not seal club or gank low levels or easy targets....that's all pirates are good for anyways is ganking low levels or outnumbering unsuspecting victims and ganking them an easy target is a gold mine to a pirate....but still don't exsepect rats to not act like rats or ants  not to act like ants when you stir up their turf or cockroachs to not be cockroachs....and i know they are just going to betray the brits after they get enough players in pvp2 that's how they are.they are just using brits as a cruch to not die off the map because if it was brits and US against pirates pirates would no longer exist...okay I'm done lol

yes i type like a 3 year old get over it....

First time i got ganked was on the second day since i started to play this game, a pirate with a Trinco ganked me while a i was in a single mission with a frigate. The day after i got ganked by a Spanish 3rd while i still was in a frigate. All this didn't make me quit the game, i just focused on grinding to get my revenge. Gank and become ganked is a part of the game, like loosing a ship. You should accept that.

Edited by Torgaz
  • Like 1

First time i got ganked was on the second day since i started to play this game, a pirate with a Trinco ganked me while a i was in a single mission with a frigate. The day after i got ganked by a Spanish 3rd while i still was in a frigate. All this didn't make me quit the game, i just focused on grinding to get my revenge. Gank and become ganked is a part of the game, like loosing a ship. You should accept that.

How?  You can't crew a frigate on the second day you have this game.  it requires 280 to crew that ship.  You had 40.

How?  You can't crew a frigate on the second day you have this game.  it requires 280 to crew that ship.  You had 40.

The second day i was already a Second Lieutenant, it does not take so long to reach it. Anyway yes, i was sailing an undercrewed frigate.

I would like to report Sea Hagg, and One Hung Longfellow, both pirates, for ganking newbie brits off the coast of Belize. Newbies sailing in their connies and first rates should not have to fear being tagged by these miscreants.

These are terrible people who prey on the weak and innocent.

• Like 4

Well I suppose so.  But then again, I'm not the one that got ganked am I?

Did i came to cry here cuz i got ganked? I think i rlly don't, i just wrote that ganking is a part of the game and everyone should accept it, so i rlly don't see the point of you writing that my gank was deserved and bla bla bla. You must be mad for real. :)

I think there s a reason why pirate players never complain when they got ganked.

Pirate sails alone & been ganked: " Oh well, that s how it should be, I m pirate  scum that s normal they hunt me, next time  I should be more careful and build up team to get my revenge..."

National sails alone  & been ganked : " Oh cowards!  how the hell they dare to gank me, I m a honorable navy captain, why those people have no honour ..."

• Like 1

You can't crew 280 on the second day no matter who you are.  Gank deserved.

Second luietnant(or however its written) Gives you 200 Crew. Id prefer undercrewing a reno with that but its fine for a frig in PVE. And why does someone deserves a Gank because he undercrews? Logic not existent.

Second luietnant(or however its written) Gives you 200 Crew. Id prefer undercrewing a reno with that but its fine for a frig in PVE. And why does someone deserves a Gank because he undercrews? Logic not existent.

Someone sails a ship undercrewed and looking for pve ( cuz thats all his crew can handle ) in a pvp server and is sank ?

That seems logical and deserved . I think your safe space needs revaluation.

• Like 1