Game-Labs Forum

Hotfix 9.81 Patch notes

admin

we almost lost 100M worth of supplies this very morning when a newer officer clicked on it with "humm what's this new button" --- thank god he wasn't mad at someone, or a spy, or stoopid ---- OMG!

Admiral Byng case :)?

You are related to royal navy - royal navy never promoted rookies to senior officers. In game an officer is almost a member of admiralty board. Dont promote captains to officers if you can't trust them. 

ps giving more options to officers was requested by multiple clans because clan creators were not there for them. We are not sure if its a good thing or not now.. maybe they should only be able to open one (but not close), as the risk is high and there should be some defence against dumb clicks.

You are related to royal navy - royal navy never promoted rookies to senior officers. In game an officer is almost a member of admiralty board. Dont promote captains to officers if you can't trust them. 

ps giving more options to officers was requested by multiple clans because clan creators were not there for them. We are not sure if its a good thing or not now.. maybe they should only be able to open one (but not close), as the risk is high and there should be some defence against dumb clicks.

My dream is that the Naval Action clan warehouses will end up looking like the Guild Bank's in World of Warcraft. 

Any chance they might? :D

Sorry - I'm not real sure where Byng's case comes into play?

I doubt if multiple clans wanted to be put in a position to be stabbed in the back quite this well! Perhaps they didn't think it through?

It is still not needed: to be able to close a warehouse - why on earth would you?

I am most concerned about someone confusing the "Close" (view of the warehouse) button with "Close Warehouse" button - both will often be visible at the same time  - late at night, in a hurry, inebriated etc.

At least make it like selling a hulk you've been storing stuff in - you have to sweep it out before you can close it.

Please

• Like 1

besides, Ingermannland should not even carry standard 32pdr guns... Russians used smaller caliber.

Ingermanland had Russian 30pdrs, which are nearly equivalent in weight of shot to English 32pdrs. (IIRC, they are actually 33 English pounds.)

Nice to see you didn't revert it back totally. Will test the new damage model later today. As for making the top deck guns on line ships useful, i would personally like the ability to load different ammo types for each separate gun deck so that i could for example use ball shots on the first 2 gun decks of a Santisima while at the same time utilizing the 12 pounders on the upper deck to shoot chain shots slowing the enemy line ship.

Agreed - and then allow us to hotkey and fire off each deck independently.

Ingermanland had Russian 30pdrs, which are nearly equivalent in weight of shot to English 32pdrs. (IIRC, they are actually 33 English pounds.)

yes, but they were a bit shorter than english 32pdrs

Things are literally the same, Anything but planking + extra planking is useless. Everything bounces off a SOL if it has planking upgrades.

This planking update has brought nothing to the table but poorly thought mechanics, If BR limits had been put in place for PBs maybe that would have mitigated and balanced the problem, but right now don't even bother to use a SOL that doesn't have a planking trim.

Edited by Conde

Will keep checking back in to test the pen values, but at the moment game isn't fun for me, post patch.

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
Removed off topic content.

The button labeled "Close Warehouse" should be renamed to "Destroy Warehouse" or "Delete Warehouse" or better yet, the button should be disabled unless the warehouse is empty.

• Like 2

The button labeled "Close Warehouse" should be renamed to "Destroy Warehouse" or "Delete Warehouse" or better yet, the button should be disabled unless the warehouse is empty.

i think we should just remove it from officers

we give 3 warnings on outpost closure and still get 3 letters per week asking to undo capital city outpost deletion

Sorry - I'm not real sure where Byng's case comes into play?

he was shot 

did you shoot that officer ;)

i think we should just remove it from officers

we give 3 warnings on outpost closure and still get 3 letters per week asking to undo capital city outpost deletion

he was shot 

did you shoot that officer ;)

lol - no, because he reported it so I could quickly remove most of the clan valuables from the warehouse until it's fixed - he was spared - like Captains who REPORT bugs instead of exploiting them are spared :)

I agree - please just remove it from officers - it's an unnecessary functionality ATM.

Now if we could have multiple clan warehouses - hmmmmm?

grape carries some damage - if you hit the weak part of the rudder you can cut the ropes for example etc

broadside need checking. Please always provide more data when reporting

i have no idea about hypothetical insane damage without talking ships, distances and angles

give specifics plz

0w7T1Y6.jpg

c5ASNRa.jpg

First shot into 20% armor remaining, into the Trinc heeling away from the Renommee

Second shot into 60% armor remaining aimed at the while line of the gun deck.

30 and 12 crew kills.

screenshots are taken from the aiming camera on the Renommee

Edited by Quineloe

There is a difference between the offensive force of a ship and its defensive force and too many people are combining the two and assuming very misguidedly that side structure HP alone is a representation of the true battle rating and overall force of the ship. It is not.

Add to that -in the nicest way possible- a complete ignorance of these ships and their measurements and you have hundreds of 'this ship should...this ship shouldn't' comments on the forums that are pretty silly :rolleyes: . There is a difference between saying 'I want this ship to have these attributes because 'insert personal reason' and saying definitively 'this ship should have these attributes because it has been labeled as a 'insert rate' and then finally 'here are the measurements, so this is why it should...'.

So hopefully this chart will help explain what these ships actually should or shouldn't  :) 

*Defensive force formula is: side HP x  thickness divided by 1000
*Offensive force formula is: (speed x turn rate) + crew + broadside weight + avg. weight of shot per gun + # of broadside guns

3FKZX2L.png

Edited by NorthernWolves
  • Like 3

There is a difference between the offensive force of a ship and its defensive force and too many people are combining the two and assuming very misguidedly that side structure HP alone is a representation of the true battle rating and overall force of the ship. It is not.

Add to that -in the nicest way possible- a complete ignorance of these ships and their measurements and you have hundreds of 'this ship should...this ship shouldn't' comments on the forums that are pretty silly. There is a difference between saying 'I want this ship to have these attributes because 'insert personal reason' and saying definitively 'this ship should have these attributes because it has been labeled as a 'insert rate' and then finally 'here are the measurements, so this is why it should...'.

So hopefully this chart will help explain what these ships actually should or shouldn't  :) 

*Defensive force formula is: side HP x  thickness divided by 1000

*Offensive force formula is: (speed x turn rate) + crew + broadside weight + avg. weight of shot per gun + # of broadside guns

BPbxpS2.png

Ingermanland details are wrong. 6300HP and 70 thickness.

Tuning of gun parameters will happen next patch. Our goal is to allow ships of the line to fight comfortably at distances up to 300 meters. To do that we need to tune the armor and top deck gun penetrations in the way that wont affect frigate combat (which is believed to be a lot better than before 9.8). This has to be done gradually because if we buff  9lb and 12lb guns too much to help rates we will make frigates too weak against each other.

why not just split them into diffrent "kind" of cannons, say 9pd cannons for frigs, and 9pds for SoL`s wich just can be used by this kind of ship, so u can give SoL cannons slightly diffrent stats (like more pen)

Edited by WorldEaters

outdated wiki information is outdated.

62 gun was not heavy enough to stand in line of battle in the early 19th century.

Yeah but if you look at the non wiki (outdated stuff)

How about the information provided by three decks, its class of ship was still Ship of the Line no matter what date.

How about the information provided by three decks, its class of ship was still Ship of the Line no matter what date.

^ a somewhat obsolete

As a battlewagon the HMS Dreadnought revolutionized naval warfare but it was nowhere near the equivalent of a WWII Iowa class battlewagon whose keel was laid only three and a half decades later.  Whatever you choose to call her, it was her design differences that were the relevant distinction, not the label.

A two stage storage with creator>flag officer>officer. Officers cannot destroy anything and but manage things in and out of the main storage. Flag officers can move things in and out of the reserve storage and the main storage. This seems easy to implement?

Go buy Age of Sail from back in the day and play it if you want an Arcade. I love the game has become more realistic. 

I guess you guys are pissed you're not just slaughtering through the battlefield any more regardless of the class. Now planking / armor makes a difference as it should .. it's armor. The angle of a round object hitting anything is going to MATTER. Hello ... it's a smooth round ball bouncing off curved hulls. 

------

What i really want to see worked on is trading. I recently found out how broken it is. Four of us have decided not to destroy and entire quarter of the map by placing buy orders and creating a trade war between only four players. Keeping the markets empty of anything so no one can purchase a single thing. It really bothers me that four players out of a 1000 people can shut down and entire quarter of the map trade. Seriously, something is wrong with that. Bothers me to no end that i realized that so few players can shut down so much resources. 

I think trading should be addressed balanced and made feasible. As of now ... it's extremely broken. We're lucky we're pirate and have the whole West Coast for us to pick clean with buy orders. If we really wanted to, we could go to Jamaica and Haiti and put in massive buy orders and shut down production over there and start a trade war and just ruin the experience for everyone and slow down production dramatically. You know .. only four players can do this. Not 40 or 50 players, 4.

At the moment, trade is almost non existent because buy orders are all in place and we just sit there and play the time game. There's no point to sail from place to play to explore, and see what's going on because it's all bought up by buy orders and those not bought up we left for people to trade Iron to actually try and make some money trading. 

Trading should be a large part of making an income. Production is massively slower than trading and yields very little profit compared to the cost of ships. Doing missions earns you 100x the money trading does in the amount of time to find the resources to trade. So missions are way more feasible than trading. Explaining why only a few of us do trading and it's mainly to get what little resources we can to the high level crafters. As there's very little profit to be made and if you want a profit, expect a 6 hour + sail trying to scrounge up what little resources you can. 

Trading is absolutely broken.

Edited by Ink
inappropriate language have been removed
  • Like 3