Game-Labs Forum

Why are some players threatening to quit if their is a wipe?

As much as I disagree with the devs on some things I have to admit one thing. From the launch of EA they ( to me at least) have made it clear on the possibility of a wipe that would eliminate everything but rank xp, which now also includes crafting xp.

So players knowing this when they signed up/bought into this are now threatening to quit if this happens? I'm confused, did you guys not read the EA page when you bought it, or check the forums or basically do any due diligence at all?

What's the train of thought here because I'm really lost. Same hoes with the server merge complaints.

• Like 5

Wipes are common with Alphas, pre-release.  Most wipe everything including rank/level so like you I have no idea why people are upset about this. As you pointed out, it's common knowledge, and has been for some time that a wipe will come.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather there wasn't one. It will be a pain, but I knew about it when I signed up so nothing to complain or moan about.

• Like 1

The same reason they threaten to quit over everything else they dont like.

This is the all about me generation and they really dont care about rules , contracts , or consequences. They want what makes THEM happy and simply dont care about the rest.

Edited by Mrdoomed
  • Like 12

well its not the fact that a wipe will happen in this game we all know that  2-3 wipes are planned. the issue is when the wipe happens and for example i will be a cursed rank by next wipe, they need to have a plan in place to help high ranked players and everyone else.  how am i suppose to earn enough gold to buy back my 1st rates etc if i have missions where i have to fight 2x conni, 2x 3rds  in a basic cutter.

basically  my point is we all know that wipes will happen its to be expected  but i hope the devs have a plan to not screw us all on the loss of everything let us keep one ship and give us 50k gold to help pay for repairs and that is more then fair. i can see a lot of people leaving the game if its just a wipe with no plan to help out (i am sure they have). So people need to chill out and wait to see what the devs say instead of making drastic claims and HAVE FAITH!

Edited by Capt Nathan

On this board, in any post i'm reading : "... or ppl will leave this game..." OMG ppl will leave the game if it don't fit to them, and not because their nation isn't the most powerfull or because there is a wipe after an ALPHA stage, a full wipe after an ALPHA is common

Ppl leaving the game for this kind of reasons, isn't a loss after all ! Any NA player, liking the game and playing it will stay and play it, wipe or not, win or loss... Stop with your nostradamus prediction ppl :)

• Like 1

I really hope that blueprints are included in crafting XP, otherwise I'm going to feel like a dunce for grinding them all.

It's going to be mad fun to build exceptional Cerberi no one wants until you get a surprise or frigate BP, then crafting those exceptional while no one wants them, until you can finally craft Trincomalees.

• Like 1

I will always be a stalwart supporter of a full wipe once we hit the full release revision.

Our concerns about blueprints of today might change with future development, who knows.

A full wipe is proper, fair and totally necessary.

The self-entitled distinguished gentlemen the "blah blah ppl will leave" are not a problem at all. They just make noise everywhere.

• Like 3

doesn't matter to me what the devs decide eventually i will max my lvl again and i will still sail a shallow draft ships and sail the Bahamas looking for merchant ships. large ships will only be needed when i finally decide i want to partake in port battles.  

Edited by Tief N Tote
  • Like 3

I have the solution: wipe everithiing for everyone (including XP and craft XP) and give everyone a basic linx with only two guns, 1 man crew, and no loot space, named "the white knight".

Edited by victor
  • Like 2

well its not the fact that a wipe will happen in this game we all know that  2-3 wipes are planned. the issue is when the wipe happens and for example i will be a cursed rank by next wipe, they need to have a plan in place to help high ranked players and everyone else.  how am i suppose to earn enough gold to buy back my 1st rates etc if i have missions where i have to fight 2x conni, 2x 3rds  in a basic cutter.

basically  my point is we all know that wipes will happen its to be expected  but i hope the devs have a plan to not screw us all on the loss of everything let us keep one ship and give us 50k gold to help pay for repairs and that is more then fair. i can see a lot of people leaving the game if its just a wipe with no plan to help out (i am sure they have). So people need to chill out and wait to see what the devs say instead of making drastic claims and HAVE FAITH!

work your wait up its easy, in a cutter you should able to cap AIs snow hell even cerb if you are good. snow to frigate or surprise is easy, from surprise or frigate to 3rd, easy again....

but the rest is questionable. 

But it's a fact that giving some more hints about what it actually will happen in next wipe (and giving a timeframe for it) would help players to react "before" (by adapting in a way not to waste too much effort in things that will be wiped) rather than reacting "after" (ragequitting or complaining on the forums).

I therefore hope devs will take this discussion as a "suggestion" about how to avoid that undesirable things will happen in the future, rather than indulging in listening to the "go go devs, everithing is perfect even though we have not a clue about what it will happen" party.

Edited by victor

In my humble opinion, if you're not treating this entire period as a "practice round", you're doing it wrong.  So may people are blacklisting themselves and burning bridges, with little concept of the fact that we will ALL be doing this again at some point.

• Like 1

In my humble opinion, if you're not treating this entire period as a "practice round", you're doing it wrong.  So may people are blacklisting themselves and burning bridges, with little concept of the fact that we will ALL be doing this again at some point.

That's true in theory, but in my opinion there is a difference between this game one and other alphas I've been part of: in NA gaining some things take an awful amount of time (an a nice dose of luck) and some people, while liking the game, probably are not disposed to put in it once more (or twiice more) the same amount of time they put it before.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

It is an early access alpha and they knew on beforehand that wipes will happen prior to release.

If you don't like it don't buy an early access game.

Edited by Migui
  • Like 1

I get it, since I've only done the grind once....  However, I still find it hard to believe that so many people have deluded themselves from the fact that the devs have REPEATEDLY stated that they planned on AT LEAST one full wipe, and possible more...  I dont know, I guess i'm just of the age where I find it kinda silly that some people take a game so seriously.