Game-Labs Forum

Patch 9.65 - Crew and resource production

admin

So pirates have to put resource buildings in pirate ports? Or are pirates excluded from having resource buildings?

If it is the former, then since soooo many are against pirates being a nation, I suggest adding resource buildings to outposts in free towns.

I am a pirate, I can have buildings in my port.

So pirates have to put resource buildings in pirate ports? Or are pirates excluded from having resource buildings?

If it is the former, then since soooo many are against pirates being a nation, I suggest adding resource buildings to outposts in free towns.

Pirate shipyards?

so for x1 compass wood, it costs you 528 gold + 1 labour hour. sells for 600. so Level 3 building costs 10.000 + 50.000+150.000 + 10.000 for outpost. it grants 20 per day. 
total cost 220.000 gold. 
profit of 72 gold per compass wood.

3055 compass wood to break even.  20 per day.
152 Real days to break even?
is this a *********** joke?

• Like 3

Still just 1xp gained from crafting either low, mid or high crafting notes, this is a bit low.  The hours to xp ratio is just outrageous lol. 

At least bump it to 25, 50 and 100 or something, so we feel like we get something for it.

• Like 2

you cannot use High grade notes for anything under Constitution. they are useless to anybody below that.

the sentence has actualy a possible double meening: stating that High Grade CN are "only needed" for high rank ships does not mean necessarily that they are not usable for lower rank ships. We shall wait for a further clarification on that.

Awesome changes, can't wait to try it out! :)

wow really I dont think so this is not good for crafting

It will now cost 280k to get a shipyard to build a tier 5 ship like the Cerberus, that before you even get your craft level up to make it as well as the resources to build it in the first place.

So for me this is not good I need to do at least 56 battles to get the gold to make the building before buying the resource and for a level 4 shipyard you need 800k gold 800K !!!!!!

Im sorry i dont see this making the game better you will lose more players as it will now take so long to build a new ship players who be try

GG 

So, after looking ingame at all the changes. It is pretty clear that this upgrade was mostly about making crafting even worse than it already is. It isn't bad enough that we have to wait a full day to craft a ship (if you dont make parts yourself) now on top of all that, you have to pay some pretty expensive prices for shipyards that do absolutely nothing, they should atleast perform research to unlock BP or something. this also means that you can only craft ships at 1 location. then you also make the notes much harder to get, I get it, whatever. but as if all that wasn't enough. you make the buildings require Labor hours to retrieve the resources? what good is it, to Pay for the building, Pay for the resources that the building creates and then on top of that I need HOURS to get the resources? and then you make trading fully player based from the buildings so it forces us to use them.

What is the point of being a crafter if it going to take me a week to make a ship?

This Upgrade was a HUGE upset for crafters. 

• Like 4

He meant that his high grade notes are only needed for Constitution and up. Can you make it clear? All ships need high grade notes, and mid or low grade is needed for upgrades, or how is it?

the sentence has actualy a possible double meening: stating that High Grade CN are "only needed" for high rank ships does not mean necessarily that they are not usable for lower rank ships. We shall wait for a further clarification on that.

Low tier ships need (Copper) Low Grade Notes.

Mid Tier ships need (Silver) Mid Grade Notes.

High Tier shops need (Gold) High Tier Notes.

You cannot use higher tier notes on lower tier ships, only the Grade specified. 

Modules now all use Mid Tier (Silver) Notes.

So, after looking ingame at all the changes. It is pretty clear that this upgrade was mostly about making crafting even worse than it already is. It isn't bad enough that we have to wait a full day to craft a ship (if you dont make parts yourself) now on top of all that, you have to pay some pretty expensive prices for shipyards that do absolutely nothing, they should atleast perform research to unlock BP or something. this also means that you can only craft ships at 1 location. then you also make the notes much harder to get, I get it, whatever. but as if all that wasn't enough. you make the buildings require Labor hours to retrieve the resources? what good is it, to Pay for the building, Pay for the resources that the building creates and then on top of that I need HOURS to get the resources? and then you make trading fully player based from the buildings so it forces us to use them.

What is the point of being a crafter if it going to take me a week to make a ship?

This Upgrade was a HUGE upset for crafters. 

I disagree. Crafting at lower levels has now received a large boost, due to the coming availability of cheaper notes to build decent lower tiered ships, instead of just grinding out trash ships one after the other to level. Now you will be able to buy Mid Grade and Low Grade notes and actually make ships people want to sail without having to resort to buying Gold at a large cost.

Furthermore the production buildings will increase the flow of materials into the market, and with the addition of being able to burn labor hours to generate extra production, will go a long way towards bringing the prices of some goods to a more sane level. the buildings themselves do not require labor to produce their standard production, only labor to extend that production beyond the default level.

Building a shipyard to be able to build ships seems like a sensible choice to me, especially given you can now produce more exceptional quality lower level ships people actually want to buy. Your income will increase, therefore the yard pays for itself in time.

You still have your buy contracts to be able to buy parts you do not wish to make yourself and you can still pay some lower level people to make your notes for you.

Patch has made crafting far more interesting.

Edited by Tindahbawx
  • Like 4

Wow

Low grade notes 0

Mid grade notes 15

High grade notes 35 ? why not 25?

Also how does the Shipyards work?

Like I know you need "x" level for this  "x" ship But other then that is there a bonus for having more then 1 shipyard?

I'm telling you that I tried, I have 20 High grade Notes and I tried making a Trincomalee and it would not let me. It requires mid. so High is useless for anything under constitution.

So whats with Camp Du Roy being made neutral ???  as a pirate I had an outpost there that i can now no longer access, because pirates on PVP2 have only one town besides mortimer I am guessing we are finished as a faction,, can I get my $60 back ??

That sounds pretty deadly, can't wait to try that out on people.

Well it's up to Captains how they cut through the wind :D . Definitely need around 4-5 knots to be safe. If they use auto sailing and stop it can kill them. Will test it soon. For 3-1 rates it's a nightmare.

Any new ships?

Niagara is released. The rest is still in testing. 

I'm telling you that I tried, I have 20 High grade Notes and I tried making a Trincomalee and it would not let me. It requires mid. so High is useless for anything under constitution.

High along with Gold is for Rates I think. Make few low/mid level ships (frigates) and you will be fine. 

Just tried a mission after the patch- "no turning with 0 speed" means that schooner rigged ships that can't box-haul can get stuck in irons for a llllllooooooonnnnngggg

time.  "Potential game changer" is right-  i've never been raked by the AI before.

Also noticed that missions in a cutter used to fight a pirate privateer- they now fight a pirate cutter.  Is that a bug or a feature? 

Just tried a mission after the patch- "no turning with 0 speed" means that schooner rigged ships that can't box-haul can get stuck in irons for a llllllooooooonnnnngggg

time.  "Potential game changer" is right-  i've never been raked by the AI before.

Also noticed that missions in a cutter used to fight a pirate privateer- they now fight a pirate cutter.  Is that a bug or a feature? 

One thing to keep in mind is that in a fore and aft rigged ship you should always be able to tack without hitting 0 knots.

The low rank missions can be both against Lynx, Cutter, Privateer or Pickle (that might be the rank 2 only)

I do not see how this is a problem. Keep your High Notes in storage. Make / Buy some cheaper Mid Notes.

Think you may have made the game even more grindy and I have to pay for the resource buildings and producing resources with both gold and labour hours. LOL

Ship prices just leapt 100% I hear my ship crafter saying lol, way to encourage OW PVP. Hmm so far not so impressed.

You had to pay for resources before the patch, only now you can opt to pay some money to get your own private stash.

You do not need to spend labor to get your production, take a gold mine for example, Lvl 1, produces 20 per day. It will produce that 20 per day regardless of you spending labor hours on it or not. In your crafting menu you can, however, spend labor hours to get EXTRA production from your buildings, say in a time of shortage, its your choice to do this.

Why would ship prices jump when resources are cheaper?

Edited by Tindahbawx

Well it's up to Captains how they cut through the wind :D . Definitely need around 4-5 knots to be safe. If they use auto sailing and stop it can kill them. Will test it soon. For 3-1 rates it's a nightmare.

Niagara is released. The rest is still in testing. 

High along with Gold is for Rates I think. Make few low/mid level ships and you will be fine. 

So... No new ships? I thought 2-3 was confirmed?

Think you may have made the game even more grindy and I have to pay for the resource buildings and producing resources with both gold and labour hours. LOL

Ship prices just leapt 100% I hear my ship crafter saying lol, way to encourage OW PVP. Hmm so far not so impressed.

You don't have to build mines or plantations - just buy from the markets like before.