Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1] French and Dutch : Successful Talks and Non Aggression Treaty

DarkJip

It's all fun and games to a point, then you start realizing some people actually have real problems with xenophobia...

Let's put this to rest, can we? We're now in territory where people openly acknowledge their goal is to remove a nation (and it's players) from the game; or accuse said players with enough hostility and stubbornness that it's getting hard to pretend this is only in-game RP...

Chill out. We're all gamers and the same sort of people. French people - including Polaks, Americans, Canadians, Germans and Quarios - are the same sort of folk you guys are.

• Like 3

Yeah, I find myself agreeing with Galileus (for a change) in regards to not allowing in game disagreements effect people's view of real life people. I think we're all awesome, not trying to sound like a hippee.

The way I see it if a nation is reduced to one port, the players have to persevere, the enemy can't keep that one port bottle up for ever, it's a chance to use a clever amount of strategy to break the siege and siege territory.

Myself and some others haven't been in French territories since the 'surrender', we are taking our chances with the free ports. It's not ideal but we're making it work.

Edited by Morey
  • Like 1

Got to say this thread has been interesting to read.

Heth while were enemies on the seas do you want to share some popcorn and relax while watching the thread?

20k2gwx.gif

I've got plenty to share even with the Dutch.

Forgot to mention while on topic i wish both sides good luck in continuing the war or finalizing the peace, if the former, may the victor take the spoils, if the later, keep it interesting at least. :)

Best munchy corn pic i have seen in a while. Serves the purpose with proportional elegance.

Ohw ..jolly schipper... "the diffrence is that DAS/BOAT already knows how hard it is to fight French nation... and they show respect for French for that..."   

S o you actually say the das and boat captains are scared of the french and there fore choose to collaborate with the french 

i can only say shame on the captains who wants to be in that position....

respect you say... what do you know about respect .... when the french and the British joint up against the dutch republic navy the British find out they made a mistake by trusting the french they would help them 

the french did not even fire one ball in the direction of the dutch (they just kept away from the battle )

thats how trust worthy the french are..

the french just walk away ..they always do..when it is not in there strategy

What a heap of b******t, first of all we fended of a 130 man assault on Macanao, Pirutu and Cumana with +- 75 people. the fights we had were one of the best ever and i respect the French captains. If it wasn't for DAS / BOAT  resolve to hold the line at Macanao you would have been here on the forum with " Unfair PB Unfair this unfair that" The French were beaten and it was in our and their best interest to resolve manners in a peacefull way so we would all enjoy the game.FYI there is no collaboration only the terms set in the treaty untill the next port wipe, when that happens we will all be again at each other's throat for glory and fame.  I am amazed by the DUMBness of some people on the internet. /rage mode off. Have fun everyone :-)

Edited by Flamigant
  • Like 4

I sure am glad that the "peace treaties" didn't include clauses for the forums! I thought things would be boring.

Hethwill, Jager, pass the bowl please :)

Lol.. If I like to play a dull game, I would play a Gooze game with my mother ;) 

What a heap of b******t, first of all we fended of a 130 man assault on Macanao, Pirutu and Cumana with +- 75 people. the fights we had were one of the best ever and i respect the French captains. If it wasn't for DAS / BOAT  resolve to hold the line at Macanao you would have been here on the forum with " Unfair PB Unfair this unfair that" The French were beaten and it was in our and their best interest to resolve manners in a peacefull way so we would all enjoy the game.FYI there is no collaboration only the terms set in the treaty untill the next port wipe, when that happens we will all be again at each other's throat for glory and fame.  I am amazed by the DUMBness of some people on the internet. /rage mode off. Have fun everyone :-)

Funny to read.. we (DAS / BOAT) respect the French captains because they were not able to win battles they have fought with superiour numbers :D

Edited by Swieb

Situation is more complicated now, for it seams that  not only PFK will not respect agreement with France.

List for now:

PFK

VOC and IVOCI

CAP

DSL leaves the treaty also, we do not agree with it anymore. EDR is a major soc and with the actions and chat behaviour by them, we can not keep this relation.

Edited by Manta Scorpion

DSL leaves the treaty also, we do not agree with it anymore. EDR is a major soc and with the actions and chat behaviour by them, we can not keep this relation.

French want a total PNA with dutch to help this things to not happen again.

By the way, it was clear in the treaty that with the risk of escalation and pfk don't part of the pact and wanted to get our port, we will sunk any dutch sailing east on galdonas when in the same time you will sunk any french west of galdonas. We miss pvp too so if you offer a fight into our area, you have to know you are just sacrificing your ship.

We can't let you past in french area attacking anyone anywhere. If you want to past into the area, at least ask for a free go and i'm pretty sure everyone will say on french chat that you are just passing.About the chat behavior, plz, provide screens.

• Like 1

French want a total PNA with dutch to help this things to not happen again.

By the way, it was clear in the treaty that with the risk of escalation and pfk don't part of the pact and wanted to get our port, we will sunk any dutch sailing east on galdonas when in the same time you will sunk any french west of galdonas. We miss pvp too so if you offer a fight into our area, you have to know you are just sacrificing your ship.

We can't let you past in french area attacking anyone anywhere. If you want to past into the area, at least ask for a free go and i'm pretty sure everyone will say on french chat that you are just passing.About the chat behavior, plz, provide screens.

so i must ask for a " parler " in the free ocean for a free pass

always thought the french where pirats by nature

a peace treaty means in my opinion free trade for every harbor of that nation

even on the french west of galdonas in occupied french harbors

free is free and not under restrictions of the french law or by any captain who is drinking rum on the quarter deck, and lays in the sun not willing to work for their country on a specific day because they have resting hours for their crew , who incidentally are brouwling in the harbor with some female pirate captains

nope ,

not going to ask for a "parler" and a gun pointed at my sails

beside that i have a letter of marque from the admiralty ,and it seems every french captain i see ,is on the list

Edited by Thonys

It does. AFTER you sign it.

i sing nothing 

what do i get in gold for singing

nothing ....

my letter of marque pays the bill in the mean time

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

in sight of île-a-Vache, San Domingo

fourth day of March, year of Our Saviour two thousand and sixteen

------------

I must report this day events to shed light into what might be perceived as a on going masked war.

It is nothing more than one captain's course of action but hopefully can become an example for those captains following suit and setting up on these shores.

Following the depredations of the Loose Deuce flotilla, under the patronage of the United Provinces and most esteemed organization Das-Boat, where we effectively prized two merchantile ships (AI) and sunk a British Navy Brig, I was left on my own again in the southern reaches of San Domingo.

With news arriving in town of fleets moving against the East hailing from the northern nations, Denmark and Sweden, It was my intention to sail East and try to disrupt any Union shipping moving into or outward of the areas of the ports under attack. No sooner I set sail when a battle ensued well in sight of the port.

Twenty eight sails could be seen ! The crew voted to return to port and give the brand new "Aardwolf King" vessel a combat shake down. We did hurry in and as soon as she was supplied we caught the best wind, a nice north western cotinuous full breeze, and approached the battle raising Denmark flag alongside our own.

The final tally was not a single ship lost and at least half of those of the Great Britain force sunk while the rest scattered. Two more battles ensued in which I had the pleasure to participate, one of them aboard the trustful "Free Macareo Third", the crew favourite privateer.

Rescued crews kept arriving at île-a-Vache and were welcomed, not as enemies but as players of the global politics where ships and men are lost to lost causes. I remembre one particular young man, missing his left arm by the elbow and with half the face shattered by splinters curse the name of the British king and all the leaders of the colonies in his best irish english given the pain he was going through as the nuns and monks helped them out of their misery.

But such is the life of a officer aboard a man-o-war, a fighting ship. No sooner we think ourselves safe when we are assailed by unforeseen events. And this is exactly the entire point of this log entry.

We left port again, this time aboard our most fast ship, the "Trebizond". Although a old fashion model it can displace itself fast with even light breeze. It lacks the shot of other more modern models but it is ideally suited to our privateering business.

As we sailed away, the port just a spot in the distance we could see 7 sails engaged in battle. Six small ships were hounding a big one flying the French Nation colours. We turned South West and approached the battle raising a makeshift french banner alongside the United Provinces colours.

Six british ships, like a pack of jackals were delivering a staunch and relentless attack on the french ship which I identified as being commanded by de Belleville, Jeanne.

The appearance of a second ship threw the british marauders in disarray and one by one they got sunk although we must commend the crew under deBelleville for their stead fastness throughout the combat and keeping the ship afloat.

The gesture was most appreciated by the french captain and as we sailed to deliver the last mercy broadsides into the last two enemy cutters curses could be heard, in plain kentish accent - "If it wasn't for the renomee you'd be done for frenchy!!!"

I am glad I could help out a fellow captain, despite nation afiliation, for honour is honour server in equal measure, in such dire straits. After that fight we returned to port and changing to the privateer went to La Tortue for some of the finest rum in the north. The crew has their spirits high.

------

Commandeur-Kapitan Hethwill Eskeath

What actions and behaviour you talking about Manta? Was offline last few days what going on mate?

Doesn't matter what happened the treaty is just a huge disadvantage for every pvp-player. Jumping missions is not allowed but ganking 15vs4 is fine? Ok go ahead but without us.

well there is a huge diffrence between jumping missions and ganking... 

- in mission its mostly 1 vs 1-2 Ai+ number of enemies that jump in the mission, but you are unable to get reinforcements,  players of your nation are also unable to join you....

- in ganking if you the enemy has a lot more players inside your are able to call in reinforcements and players of your nation are able to join you... 

except you wont get reinforcements if your to far away from a friendly port...or  if youre near an enemies port... and in your case where you get 15 player behind you... its prob the second one

• Like 1

For clarification only

In Dutch nation this pact:

Is accepted by:

1. DAS/BOAT

2. DFK

3. LIONS

And NOT accepted by :

1. PFK

2. VOC / IVOCI

3. DWIC

4. CAP

5. RL

6. DSL

Majority seem to move to rebellion side.

Updated

Edited by icceman

well there is a huge diffrence between jumping missions and ganking... 

- in mission its mostly 1 vs 1-2 Ai+ number of enemies that jump in the mission, but you are unable to get reinforcements,  players of your nation are also unable to join you....

- in ganking if you the enemy has a lot more players inside your are able to call in reinforcements and players of your nation are able to join you... 

except you wont get reinforcements if your to far away from a friendly port...or  if youre near an enemies port... and in your case where you get 15 player behind you... its prob the second one

no its no difference, every pvp-fight is a gank, there is no such thing like "fair pvp" in naval action. And your point doesn't make any sense if you are looking for pvp you are not sailing to casigua.

Edited by Otsego