Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1] French and Dutch : Successful Talks and Non Aggression Treaty

DarkJip

<..>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some attached files to prove everything.

attachicon.gifMap 1.png

attachicon.gifPart 1.png

attachicon.gifPart 2.png

The resolution of the TS chat pictures is so that I, having a lower resolution 1280x1024 screen monitor, have huge difficulties to read it.

Loosing tons of players, giving up the game or find something great for all of us and let this game grow because that is the point right now tons of players will leave if we can't find a win win solution for us and the game

In fact this is at first a problem for the game developers to solve.. not the players. The developers must find a good solution (including a good solution regarding the constant crisis of vital resources, i.m.o. being a serious problem in the economic game play) to keep enough new players playing the game.

I must say the same here to you Bart Smith as I said to DAS and BOAT, if a dutch clan should be the reason why this non aggresion pact would fall, you can expect no more help from us against the French. And let us be honest, how did your war against the French go before we intervened? Denmark-Norway do now consider France a friend, but not an ally. However, would France attack the Dutch and not respect the agreement, retaliation from the Danish-Norwegian kingdom would once more be swift and overwhelming, and this time without stopping until we were totally united with our Dutch brothers.

Please understand the game mechanism. As privateers no player or clan has the authority to speak in name of the whole nation, no one is placed in the position to do this. And, this game is in the Alpha development phase.. what we do in the eyes of the developers is game testing to show were the huge game flaws are. I am somewhat concerned regarding the future of this game. It seems to me that the developers team is very small for the Naval Action project, and they don't participate very much in our forum discussions as far I have seen yet.

Edited by Swieb

SLMFr Agrees fully with this, and to PFK, and DWIC.  Please understand this agreement had everything to do with keeping players playing and enjoying the game. 

SLMFr Agrees.

Sure... but that is i.m.o. not a player liability, and for that we have the tame PvE server too. What are the real French intentions, using this given time to bring the beaten French nation back in the game, preparing for the backstab? I have played the board game Diplomacy too, were intriges, allegations, treachery, deception and other dirty tricks are not only as part of the game allowed but frequently used as gaming tactics. Gentlemen, this is a war game, and our nations are officially in war, regardless of what less or more clans agree. A Dutch saying is "in war and love is everything allowed". I love the French ;)

Edited by Swieb
  • Like 1

A Dutch saying is "in war and love is everything allowed". I love the French ;)

The English equivalent is "all is fair in love and war".  I just hope the French are not like the English king Charles II.  Even when he was clearly defeated and was given a generous peace treaty, all he did was plot against the Netherlands.

• Like 1

The shrill voices of certain rabble-rousers who cry for a war of all against the Brits seem to be growing louder

It's hard to know what we have done to inspire such enmity

But no matter, we have fought alone before and are quite prepared to fight alone again

• Like 1

prepared to fight alone

I cannot but be flabbergasted by such iron fist chest pounding statements. For king and country and bravery and stuff...

Does alone refers to a whole Nation ? Alone as a group of corsairs ? Or alone as a brave captain hitting deep into hostile waters ?

Your courage is drawn from rum and from those around you. Have yet to see rats scurrying about in the Republik territorial waters.

Alone... that is what will befall your shipping soon all along San Domingo and Jamaica sir. Alone they shall find themselves prized by private venture fearless captains.

You empty words do not match your full cargo holds.

But no matter, we have fought alone before and are quite prepared to fight alone again

I fear such statements do naught but fan the flames of those who wish to see a united east rise against the British.

I cannot see that the British would be capable of defending their interests when seemingly unable to even deter Danish or Dutch invasion of French and Swedish territory.

@PFK it might be true that we wouldn't  have been able to take so many ports so fast ,without your 3rd rates. But it seems you forget that without DAS/BOAT/DKF , you alone wouldn't have either. So stop acting like you guys are the sole reason for the success ,when in fact many things came together and made it happen. I am embarrassed whenever i have to read your outrage on the public forum, so pls stop it.  Speak with the DAS/BOAT representative´s about the situation on teamspeak or ingame, but for fuck sakes stop your outcry here.

Edited by Hellifant
  • Like 5

@PFK it might be true that we wouldn't  have been able to take so many ports so fast ,without your 3rd rates. But it seems you forget that without DAS/BOAT/DKF , you alone wouldn't have either. So stop acting like you guys are the sole reason for the success ,when in fact many things came together and made it happen. I am embarrassed whenever i have to read your outrage on the public forum, so pls stop it.  Speak with the DAS/BOAT representative´s about the situation on teamspeak or ingame, but for fuck sakes stop your outcry here.

I, for one, am glad for their outrage. Their threats proved empty and their capitaines lacking - yet they succeeded in one thing. They gave the ground for other Dutch and Dane-Norwegian clans to react and oppose, thus giving us French an opportunity to see them from a very new perspective.

It's a learning experience. And if a few PFK ship have to sink to make it happen... oh well, who cares?

• Like 2

They might not have to be completely alone though, there is still help to be provided no matter how big or small

" It is the firm belief of those southern folks of the Provinces , and for all purposes and intentions, that San Domingo and Jamaica be free from taxation without representation.

I am sure many other private ventures, including those under the patronage of the Continental Congress of Virginia and the Carolinas, will sympathize with such opposition to absolutist rule. "

Recorded hearsay, by the gentleman Morcan Garn, most estimated cook aboard the Aardvark II, on the docks at the free port of Ile-de-Vache, San Domingo southern reach.

Would it not be more appropriate for the PFK to join the pirate nation now? They certainly do not seem to be aligned politically with the majority of the Dutch nation and would undoubtedly get much more PVP that way... In fact I think politically aligned is too soft a word - the Dutch captains I know would even readily sail with Frenchman against these rogues.

'PFK angry that financial investiture in the east against the French now worthless after treaty' > They waste millions on a doomed-to-fail attack on Puerto de Espagne and St Louis

'PFK wants more PVP'  = Tries to fool the French into sailing north so they can attempt to take Puerto de Espagne unopposed

• Like 1

ok, to summon this up: "I won't give back what I won, 'cause I want all-out PvP. Even if I only will get PvE 'cause eliminating two nations from game will drive their players off and expose my nation to the dooming enemies in the west, that will take me out of the game next. I don't give a f'***, because I don't care about what's next week." 

oooookay.  :P

In the end you'll have only PvE servers in NA- PvP ones will be completely dominated by one nation desparately searching for a PvP fight. Lol.

I would recommend that a proper role play chronicle thread be setup with opportunity for little snippets and where personal considerations, especially those pertaining power gaming ( which is to loathe in such a elegant game as NA is ), should be left outside.

((( There is a commonality between all types of war games, from flight sims to naval action games where such poor social qualities are often seen. It is a complex and a cultural thing I guess. But I digress too much, even the Spitfire ( from the original spanish galleon Cacafuego ) was a british thing... no doubt about that. ))

Share more conspiracy theories pls. Got a lot fun reading this during my teabreak:-) make my day guys. Especially Gallileus proud lad:-)

Mouse of War You never will be left over to fight alone i bet...

They think they can drive a  wedge in the solidarity of the Dutch nation and will leave no option to attempt to do so unused. We are having discussions and diasgreeing over the spoils of war. They act like the entire Dutch nation is falling apart and hates one another for not agreeing. Silly buggers! Lets proof them otherwise!

/salute

• Like 1

Share more conspiracy theories pls. Got a lot fun reading this during my teabreak:-) make my day guys. Especially Gallileus proud lad:-)

I think proclaiming victory in a skirmish that PFK lost and trying to gain more followers with said lie would count as a conspiracy.

Perhaps it's just propaganda - you certainly will need many more than the 25 captains that came last night  :)

I look forward to intercepting more ships fleeing from your future 'victories' o7

Edited by Martin Tyler
  • Like 2

The shrill voices of certain rabble-rousers who cry for a war of all against the Brits seem to be growing louder

It's hard to know what we have done to inspire such enmity

Dear mister Mouse of War.

You are an assosiation member of the United Society Leaders. What is the (political) agenda of this group, is it entirely British or is it international organized? 

The growing might of the British in our part of the world is concerning many not British inhabitants, including me. The same as the come back of France and Sweden concerns me. As we all have seen, the French has proven themself from the beginning to be an enemy of the Dutch nation, and later being a untrustworthy protector of the Swedish too. Because of that I see a huge danger in the comeback of the French and Swedish also, allowing them sooner or later to create again troubles against the Dutch and Danish. That would be very good news for the British, sooner or later being able to use that situation to sweep us all from the map.

With regards,

privateer Swieb.
Edited by Swieb

Dear mister Mouse of War.

You are an assosiation member of the United Society Leaders. What is the (political) agenda of this group, is it entirely British or is it international organized? 

The growing might of the British in our part of the world is concerning many not British inhabitants, including me. The same as the come back of France and Sweden concerns me. As we all have seen, the French has proven themself from the beginning to be an enemy of the Dutch nation, and later being a untrustworthy protector of the Swedish too. Because of that I see a huge danger in the comeback of the French and Swedish also, allowing them sooner or later to create again troubles against the Dutch and Danish. That would be very good news for the British, sooner or later being able to use that situation to sweep us all from the map.

With regards,

Privateer Swieb.

Yes - it would be much better to totally wipe them out. It's just unfortunate that they get to keep their capitals :( Otherwise you could force every single Swedish and French player away from the game for good leaving yourselves a huge PvE area in the east and 500 or so less players to fight for slots when you want to connect to the game.

Before someone plays the "But we need to let the devs see that it's not working right at the moment and see this through to the bitter end!" card, a short and sweet version of the game you would create for yourselves if nobody was prepared to talk:

1. Wipe nation

2. Wiped nation players leave

3. No players to fight against

4. But you won your virtual internet war I suppose! \o/

Don't make the mistake of assuming the devs are fools - anyone can see that the mechanics are not working.

Edited by Martin Tyler

In the end you'll have only PvE servers in NA- PvP ones will be completely dominated by one nation desparately searching for a PvP fight. Lol.

No, you can then give them back some ports as act of mercy, but after win, not before to "keep players in game". But first devs should find soulution to prevent such scenario, if they dont have it now can make wipe and start testing again. If those players are so weak and 15% leaving game after losing some ports (French said so after last Dutch/Denmark offensive) then they are not worthy to be on pvp serv. Stop crying and go to PvE, typical PvP drama queens.

Antoher story is all about alpha stage of game. We should show to devs what can happend with current game mechanics. Thats what alpha tests are made for, isn't it? It's devs role to make mechanics that will prevent from wiping 10 ports in 3 hours or reduce a nation like France only to capital in a week. Players should play open alpha same way as final release to show devs what can happend, and their role is to introduce changes that can prevent negative and unwanted aspects of game. They can introduce something like seasons or another solution, but its devs role, not players to make moves like "we stop aggresive pvp, couse there are to many crying babies and the're leaving game or switch nation". 

• Like 2

Don't make the mistake of assuming the devs are fools - anyone can see that the mechanics are not working.

Why then this game is available on early access for MONEY and not free? If they know mechanic is broken at root, it is just fraud to take money for it.

Yes - it would be much better to totally wipe them out. It's just unfortunate that they get to keep their capitals :( Otherwise you could force every single Swedish and French player away from the game for good leaving yourselves a huge PvE area in the east and 500 or so less players to fight for slots when you want to connect to the game.

Before someone plays the "But we need to let the devs see that it's not working right at the moment and see this through to the bitter end!" card, a short and sweet version of the game you would create for yourselves if nobody was prepared to talk:

1. Wipe nation

2. Wiped nation players leave

3. No players to fight against

4. But you won your virtual internet war I suppose! \o/

Mister Martin Tyler,

Wat are you trying to do here? For what nation are you sailing? What war mechanics are not working at the moment? It is good possible that the war mechanics in the game (including the lively role playing warfare you don't seems to see happen) works as intended by the devs.