Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1] French and Dutch : Successful Talks and Non Aggression Treaty

DarkJip

Puerto de Espana and Guayaguayare. And instead of "south of St George's" I would describe it as Gulf of Paria region or - indeed - Gulf of Paria and Trinidad and Tobago, including ports along and south of Columbus Channel.

Surely this is a huge loss for the Dutch, the ports they don't even know the names of... ^^'

PS. Ask my clan-mates, I do harass them about knowing these names too :P

• Like 1

I realy don't understand that silly peace deal when we win this war.It's insane to return them ports.I don't like this...

If you want to just paint the world full of orange dots you don't need french, swedes danes, brits to do it. If you want to have fun, you need all those people. This is a game and people play it for 1 reason only and that is to have fun. Currently, it is not fun to be a 1 port nation. Thus, people will stop playing the game. I am not sure, if you were there, but I was there when the open world had 18 players max and it was so much not fun that even venerable Sir Caldwell was rather playing Europa Universalis.

If you really just want to paint the world orange, let me suggest paint or another program, since at least that way, it will be never wiped.

Edited by marecek05

DAS/BOAT yesterday decisions split up nation and made massive crack on it. All our previous efforts gone in the name of what? We done our part from orginal plan. Defended west, drove off Spanish and come help on east - question: what for?. You same time failed on all levels - cant beat France and cant even keep conquered ports. Lost most of ports and finally yesterday gave them to France. You guys are hypocrites in pure measure. Defending poor France from extinction same time spliting own nation - Congratulations. Funny thing is: you done that in defend one nation from extinction same time make coalition from 5 or 6 nations(if some pirates join) against another nation - Brits. Position of France in this negotiations shouldnt allow them keep any ports the took form DAS/BOAT eastern front and that peace agreement is simple offensive to me, my guild members and others who pm yesterday. But you guys made own decisions no matter of costs and belive me they will be serious for Dutch nation. Farewell

• Like 4

DAS/BOAT yesterday decisions split up nation and made massive crack on it. All our previous efforts gone in the name of what? We done our part from orginal plan. Defended west, drove off Spanish and come help on east - question: what for?. You same time failed on all levels - cant beat France and cant even keep conquered ports. Lost most of ports and finally yesterday gave them to France. You guys are hypocrites in pure measure. Defending poor France from extinction same time spliting own nation - Congratulations. Funny thing is: you done that in defend one nation from extinction same time make coalition from 5 or 6 nations(if some pirates join) against another nation - Brits. Position of France in this negotiations shouldnt allow them keep any ports the took form DAS/BOAT eastern front and that peace agreement is simple offensive to me, my guild members and others who pm yesterday. But you guys made own decisions no matter of costs and belive me they will be serious for Dutch nation. Farewell

come on brother!!  It has nothing to do with proving a point in OW.  It has to do with the simple fact this is an alpha/beta build game atm.  There are things the dev team is still developing and the point of an EA release is to help fund those developments and generate more data to improve the game.  To not realize this, and not understand this game is still under a testing status hurts the entire community of all players and nations on all servers.  If you do what you suggest you want to do it will result in players leaving the game.  France has to many players to be isolated to the island chain you want.  There will not be a possibility of crafting for anyone, as resources can't be obtained without buy contracts.  You are a part of this EA release, and if you were here, like I was before EA, then please try and understand we are building the best game possible within it's genre.  The map will be wiped, and it's not benefiting the community to lose players until that time.  Can't generate data or report bugs if the population isn't high to encounter those issues.  Please I ask you to understand this isn't about territory for the pretty blue dots, or about saving face when we lost.  It's about keeping members in the community pure and simple!!!!!

I respect PFK and the position of wanting victory, but not at the cost of players to improve the game. 

• Like 3

Just let me say what would happen, if France was not offered this reasonable deal, but let's say only the islands. France would reject the peace, fight until only Fort royale is left and the rest of 3rd rates are destroyed, this would take, let's be generous a week.

Players seeing slow destruction and frustration due to the inability to counter it, due to the current bad design of game mechanics would leave France. Some would go pirate to keep their stuff apart from outposts and keep playing. Some would just log off until the game is more developed. Few hardcore ones would stay in game and would start doing guerilla tactics and terrorist tactics as much as possible due to inability to be a threat otherwise. You would see mission ganking galore, you would see free cutters just suiciding into your constitution, since he would lose a free ship, while you would have to pay for the repairs. These tactics would drive out more players from your side, especially new players. Or you would be forced to sit around the capital and just be watching if these terrorists show up or not. Players would get bored.

Gaming unfinished mechanics too hard is not fun. Game being not fun has no people. MMO with no players cannot by a definition be fun.

• Like 3

im agreeing with DAS/BOAT point of view.

they dont want to ruin the game for other players like the french, while fighting them they did get a lot of respect from both sides. they know that the PB mechanic is poorly right now...

DAS/BOAT dont see a reason WHY we should take back the ports in the east. we got enough port to keep resources flowing, if we take them French will lose alot of their resources to be able to produce enough to keep their nation running

they know that the PB mechanic is poorly right now

and WHO is the one splitting the nation? i saw like 6 clans AGREEING and 1 Disagreeing to the treaty and why? because they want more ports for reason that doesnt seem te be clear...

and you cant blame DAS/BOAT for not being able to hold the EAST.. they had to fight the main force of the french.. the French had more players most of the time and DAS/BOAT did a great job holding on the defence en even managed to attack a few times...

• Like 1

If you want to just paint the world full of orange dots you don't need french, swedes danes, brits to do it. If you want to have fun, you need all those people. This is a game and people play it for 1 reason only and that is to have fun. Currently, it is not fun to be a 1 port nation. Thus, people will stop playing the game. I am not sure, if you were there, but I was there when the open world had 18 players max and it was so much not fun that even venerable Sir Caldwell was rather playing Europa Universalis.

If you really just want to paint the world orange, let me suggest paint or another program, since at least that way, it will be never wiped.

My dear friend,this is PVP server so that kind of attacks are normal.I sugest you and your nation to try recapture ports.This can be more fun,than"green table"deals. :P

• Like 2

I wounder what could happened if PFK did not defend and removed Spanish,  and Dutch could have 2 fronts on same time without PFK/ VOC/DSL do do dirty works with DAS that could't defend even one front with rest clans.

I wounder if Spanish and French will be so generous if DAS could defend only in Willemstad.

Or wait..

We have wipe soon. and this ma may be very realistic future :)

New border, new pacts, opinion matters, new flag?

Edited by icceman

Ridiculous is situation when for example i defeat other player in PVP fight and apologize for that and give him new ship.And that deal between you is all about this.

O my gawd, NO! NO! Everything but not your virtual toys! They so preciouuuuuuuus....

Im so f* glad I'm not sailing with other polish players.

God if the PFK wants to prove how high and mighty gods they are roll pirate go steamroll everything and enjoy yourselves as lone ***** of the seas.

Let the people who want everybody to be able to play this game try to continue to do that.

Also if you want to claim the sole credit for the dutch victories...the only reason we broke through in the French lines is cause the DANES, not you broke them from the other side...

• Like 2

Ridiculous is situation when for example i defeat other player in PVP fight and apologize for that and give him new ship.And that deal between you is all about this.

tbh.. your statement is ridiculous.. 

it would be correct when you would add: " i defeat other player in PvP and Apologize (no gg?) and give him a ship back (since i already have a lot of ships anyway) and otherways he would have lost his only ship and wont be able to get a new one and has to leave the game..and i would end up fighting only PvE" 

If you want to have another pvp right after and he doesnt have the ship ready you do exactly that. Or you can name your ship "Monarch of the sea" strutting seas in your full victory in being better at internet ships than the other guy for a week, until he comes back with another ship just to repeat the process until one week he does not come, because he is playing XCOM now.

• Like 1

I always like the Western reaches more... until captains sailing under the banner of a group which shalt remain undisclosed started to green on green and prize prey which was not their own... RP completely off this time.

• Like 1

God if the PFK wants to prove how high and mighty gods they are roll pirate go steamroll everything and enjoy yourselves as lone ***** of the seas.

Let the people who want everybody to be able to play this game try to continue to do that.

Also if you want to claim the sole credit for the dutch victories...the only reason we broke through in the French lines is cause the DANES, not you broke them from the other side...

Are you serious or just roleplying here? About let people play what they want - yes we will play but as a Dutch vs France and basically its not your bussines. Shame on those we trust here but they know already i guess. Ok thats all from me on this matter. Tiphat to all (even to polish who hate own kind) ;)

• Like 1

Are you serious or just roleplying here? About let people play what they want - yes we will play but as a Dutch vs France and basically its not your bussines. Shame on those we trust here but they know already i guess. Ok thats all from me on this matter. Tiphat to all (even to polish who hate own kind) ;)

Have fun with an enemy alrdy beaten, maybe you guys can even handle it alone.

We should stop argue where everyone can read it, it is not the buisness of the other nations. But i think some guys here should tune down a bit and choose the words better, thats the difference between nation chat and forum.

Edited by Manta Scorpion

It is clearly getting crowded in the East. Shouldn't we all (Danes, Swedes, French, and Dutch) just unite and go West? The Dutch and the French pushing into Mexico, the Danes and the Swedes for Cuba. Nothing unite nations as common foe ;)

Edited by Stilgar
  • Like 5

To whomever it may concern

As Ruler Surpeme and Ambassadeur Extraordinaire of the Hugo Republic, I, Hugo van Grojt, endorse the Non-Agression Treaty

But alas, let us not be fools. The Hugo Republic is but a puppet state enduring a harsh life under the wooden boot of the feared Capt Bubbles and the DAS/BOAT hegemony. Hence, do take our stance on diplomatic issues with a grain of salt :rolleyes:

---

SIncerely Yours,

Hugo van Grojt

STAHP

XD

Grtzzz Bubbles