Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1] French and Dutch : Successful Talks and Non Aggression Treaty

DarkJip

After the gank of the French from the Dutch and the Dannish, a Non Agression Pact has been signed to make a cease-fire between the French and the Dutch.

Two days has been needed to reach such agreement which was signed by Major Clans from both Nations.

The agreement stands :

Dutch - French Agreement

Current borders

- Bridgetown goes to the french

- Saint George's stays dutch

- No PvP near galdonas,

--Terrain west of galdonas is dutch with all risks involved for the french

--Terrain east of galdonas is french with all risks involved for the dutch.

- no PVP versus player traders

- no mission jumping!

- Open pvp allowed (except non square-rigged ships [< snow])

Agreement stands, starting 1st March 2016 !

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some attached files to prove everything.

post-18807-0-22234900-1456782376_thumb.png

post-18807-0-79225400-1456782377_thumb.png

post-18807-0-24295400-1456782380_thumb.png

• Like 4

Current borders

1. Bridgetown goes to the french

2. Saint George's stays dutch

3. Galdonas, Carpuano, Scarborough, El Toco are PVP and PB Zone

- If a Port gets taken, it will be handed back on the next day without defense

- Timers will be set in Primetime for everybody

4. no PVP versus player traders

5. no mission jumping!

6. Open pvp allowed (except non square-rigged ships [< snow])

1&2 both Cities we (Dutch) doesnt need not really matter where a flag will be greated in the future also the past shows that we wasnt able to defend our Ports when not enough Player showed up and i dont think that this will change in the Future.

3. Pvp is always allowed if a Frenchi come over or we sils to them then they just got attacked. For the PB isnt that abusing not defend Ports just to catch up the Loot? maybe i better ask the Admins with that.

4. I would never let a Trader be go doesnt matter if AI or Player its like a honeypot ;)

5. would be nice but that would be just a dream

6. what? like number 1&2 doesnt matter what ship it is just attack

So and now pls tell me why you guys dont take the half from trinidad back? Make a line Puerto de Espana south to Cano Macareo everything east of it stays Dutch the rest French.

What about thinking on what is the best solution for the server community?

It won't be a victory for Dutch or for France, it will be the defeat for everybody if we can't find an agreement guys. We need to think bigger.

Edited by verseaux
  • Like 7

Explain this

- Open pvp allowed (except non square-rigged ships [< snow])

Yeah, what does that mean? We can PvP w/ships snow and smaller or does it mean we can PvP w/snows and larger or does it mean something entirely different?

And, to expand on this, I think we should definitely have open PvP w/Snows and smaller. From my point of view because ships snow size and smaller are excessively inexpensive and basically fun. Its like frig fighting in EVE. Costs basically nothing, everyone can afford even a basic Snow @30k from NPC and thats like not even an hour of time.

Yeah, what does that mean? We can PvP w/ships snow and smaller or does it mean we can PvP w/snows and larger or does it mean something entirely different?

And, to expand on this, I think we should definitely have open PvP w/Snows and smaller. From my point of view because ships snow size and smaller are excessively inexpensive and basically fun. Its like frig fighting in EVE. Costs basically nothing, everyone can afford even a basic Snow @30k from NPC and thats like not even an hour of time.

Problem with ships below snows are usually sailed by new players and we dont want to start ganking newer players.

Patience is a virtue. Peace discussions can sometimes be longer than the war itself!    :)

In my humble opinion. France needs an economy to become mighty foes again. We want mighty foes! Give Trinidad to the French and let them cross their heart and hope to die that they will hug us at least once a night, do battles in arranged PVP and selected Port Battles until the devs can see what they can do to improve the game mechanics. Of course is a French fleet of their brave captains always welcome in defending Dutch-Danish interests in the West.

Edited by Lytse Pier
  • Like 1

That treaty is something more than virtual borders and virtual possessions. It's the ability to play for many of our players. Obviously - as always - they will be some people who will disagree. They won't see, that already we lost people and they will argue that their virtual possessions are more important than the fun of general audience of the game. These people would happily hug their virtual gold and damn the consequences.

We've seen it time and time again, when other nations came to peril. Idiotic deals, underhanded tactics, irrational demands. People seem to get very stupid when ti comes to virtual politics - as well as forget, that this is a game after all.

In all of this, DAS did not forget. Even though my worries were many, one can loose and hope to get back on one's feet if treated with respect. I look forward to see you guys on high seas - and never-mind our leaders, their alliances and wars, whether I will be shooting with or at you - I will be glad to see you.

I am sorry for your quarrel, and I can sympathize. We've seen such problems on our side too, and even yet - before I signed with SLMFR - I remember such arguments. In the days when I was patrolling our waters naive and filled with good intentions - stopping rowdy young captained from attacking our Swedish allies. There is nothing worse to find a rebellious element in your own house, unable to see the bigger picture, the greater good.

Back in these times I didn't think much of you guys. A lot changed since then.

The hardest thing - to earn the respect of your enemy.

I salute you!

Capitaine Galileo

Remaining your

Sincere Enemy

• Like 8

I honestly have no idea as a dutch player what is in the Trinidad area that we don't have already. I support leaving it to France, since i see no point in erasing one nation from the game (and yes, leaving french without resources counts as killing the nation in my eyes). 

I have to agree that possibility to take away from a nation so many ports in just 2 days is a game mechanic flaw, but we, as a community, need to find some temporar fixes to that problem, and deals like that are the way to do so, until/if devs don't fix it. I feel really dissappointed in polish clan for not seeing that

• Like 5

SLMFr Agrees fully with this, and to PFK, and DWIC.  Please understand this agreement had everything to do with keeping players playing and enjoying the game.  Total Land, or making a point of defeat was understood by your positions.  We were defeated fairly and you'll worked well to do this.  To not have room for all players in a nation to enjoy the game content and actually craft ruins it for everyone.  Please understand we agree you won, we just want to be able to continue to play and craft, which wouldn't happen if you'll took the entire south.  I know it's hard to see it from our side, but a day as a Frenchmen north in our island chains will show you we have maxed out all the production. 

SLMFr Agrees.

• Like 2

A solid deal. My only disappointment is that there was no agreement on arranged portbattles. I hope that can still be added in the future. I was looking forward to massive port+OW battles when both sides agreed to meet up at Port X and fight it our for fun. But who knows what can grow in the next two weeks :)

Of course, there will always be clans and individuals that disagree. Such is their right, it's a sandbox game after all. I wouldn't have named this topic "French and Dutch xxxx", but something that showed it was a number of clans from each side instead. 

• Like 1

We will only come over for the OS PvP, if you then fight us in even numbers or try to gank us is your call.

On a side note i hope there will be a time to call the french nation allies and our trust never gets abused.

Official:

We have a neutral point of view,we understand the concernes and anger of PFK,but Dsl also belives in not abusing the weak ones, unlike the ones trying to abuse our numbers by splitting :)

DSL agrees

I must say the same here to you Bart Smith as I said to DAS and BOAT, if a dutch clan should be the reason why this non aggresion pact would fall, you can expect no more help from us against the French. And let us be honest, how did your war against the French go before we intervened? Denmark-Norway do now consider France a friend, but not an ally. However, would France attack the Dutch and not respect the agreement, retaliation from the Danish-Norwegian kingdom would once more be swift and overwhelming, and this time without stopping until we were totally united with our Dutch brothers.

Edited by Herminator
  • Like 1

I must say the same here to you Bart Smith as I said to DAS and BOAT, if a dutch clan should be the reason why this non aggresion pact would fall, you can expect no more help from us against the French. And let us be honest, how did your war against the French go before we intervened?.

I think that might is a counterproductive statement, since the PFK situation is by far more complex then the obvious "we dont want an agreement if we win anyways".