Game-Labs Forum

[PVP 1] French and Dutch : Successful Talks and Non Aggression Treaty

DarkJip

Pure Dutch absolutists should be exiled back to Europe and immediately, upon arrival, be conscripted as regulars to any infantry regiments and sent to the Far East where they shall remain forever as true and obedient servants of the Republic.

The new vogue of Liberalism, well founded on the establishment of our Constitutional government, and with form roots on the multi cultural exchange promoted by our trade is the way to govern the colonies.

To mister Hethwill,

Sir, you wrote "the new vogue of Liberalism, well founded on the establishment of our Constitutional government.."  Your openness is truly amazing mister Hethwill. So you are a loyal supporter of the Batavian Republic? Are you a member of the pro French Patriot Party, the internal traitors of our Republic of the Seven United Provinces?

Captain, Swiep.. for the Prince of Orange.

Hi,

With all opinions that are aired in this thread, lets get back to the facts:

- inbalance in the PB mechanics allows nations to steamroll eachother, resulting in players leaving the game.

- lack of national voting mechanic allows clans to make up their own policy, creating disunity instead of unity in a nation.

<..>

Grtzzz Bubbles

I like to have internal national troubles and chaos too.. making a game as this very realistic :D

Many players didn't like to have Cpt. Bubbels, SteelSandwich and Monkeybullet as self proclaimed arbiters to force a solution for what the developers don't seem to see as a problem. And if they do, I expect that they come with a solution.. by example due a map reset or a roll back of the game.  

Edited by Swieb

I like to have internal national troubles and chaos too.. making a game as this very realistic :D

Many players didn't like to have Cpt. Bubbels, SteelSandwich and Monkeybullet as self proclaimed arbiters to force a solution

Mr Zwieb,

As i said in copied quote, we accepted the treaty for our clan, not for our nation, but that part is left out in copied quote.

So you are not only misquoting me, but also jumping to conclusions based on the false quote.

I will not accept this, next time better quote me correctly, or i'll report you on the tribunal.

Grtzzz Bubbles

• Like 1

Perhaps some of the confusion arises from the fact that most of the clans speaking out for peace among our 4 nations in the east claim that they did, overall, speak for the nation and have taken to referring to all clans that have continued fighting as "rebels". I've seen it particularly among the French and the Swedes, but it's come up all over. While you may not have specifically said that you speak for the nation (and I don't recall seeing you make that claim, I agree), in general the implication has been that anybody that didn't support this attempted peace treaty was going against the nation's wishes.

• Like 2

To mister Hethwill,

Sir, you wrote "the new vogue of Liberalism, well founded on the establishment of our Constitutional government.."  Your openness is truly amazing mister Hethwill. So you are a loyal supporter of the Batavian Republic? Are you a member of the pro French Patriot Party, the internal traitors of our Republic of the Seven United Provinces?

Captain, Swiep.. for the Prince of Orange.

To co-citizen Swieb,

Given the recent events leading to a rotten multiplural consulate the Progressive Party, of which I am but a mere member in the freedom assured to me by our most free republic, is adamant in pursuing a policy that retains both wealth and growth of the colonies under the rule of the United Provinces.

I cannot but notice you bring seditious ideas to your letter, maybe you know more than we know, we the honest citizens that build day by day the future of our Nation in the colonies? Rest assured that apart from rogue privateers, under the colours of France but in truth being funded ( yes you read correctly sir, FUNDED ! ) by British interests primarily in gold and resources, all the other French captains have shown more presence of spirit and honour than many of the representatives we now elected to a most disgraceful parody of a senate.

Captain Hethwill Eskeath.

Terre-de-Bas

Perhaps some of the confusion arises from the fact that most of the clans speaking out for peace among our 4 nations in the east claim that they did, overall, speak for the nation and have taken to referring to all clans that have continued fighting as "rebels". I've seen it particularly among the French and the Swedes, but it's come up all over. While you may not have specifically said that you speak for the nation (and I don't recall seeing you make that claim, I agree), in general the implication has been that anybody that didn't support this attempted peace treaty was going against the nation's wishes.

CSNF lead the peace with dans and dutch, not a society. CSNF is now a group of 11 society and not the smaller ones. I would not say it represent all the nation as some society are not part of the council neither the pickupo players but it's almost representativ of the majority.

ATM, we make a weekly public meeting on ts to inform the no csnf member about the politif of the council.

• Like 4

The point, again, is that what you decide among yourselves is not binding for all players by default, no matter how much you think you speak for everyone. The very fact that members of your clan are posting on my clan's recruitment page calling us pirates for not toeing the line says it all. You can say that you speak for the majority all you like, but if I disagree, as I have every right to, then I'm not bound to follow your decision. The same applies to everyone else that's here playing this game. If you'd like me to do as you want, then feel free to reimburse me for the cost of this game, at which point I'll play it your way. But if my copy cost the same amount as yours did, then I have the same right as you to do as I see fit, and that applies to every person here too.

Frankly, if your ability to enjoy the game is contingent on other people following your orders, then I pity you.

Edited by Francis Tabernac
  • Like 3

The point, again, is that what you decide among yourselves is not binding for all players by default, no matter how much you think you speak for everyone.

I would not say it represent all the nation as some society are not part of the council neither the pickupo players but it's almost representativ of the majority.

Not only making up drama, but now even blatantly twisting someone's words just so that you can make up more drama, huh? It's funny, how no-one seems to mind anything except for 2 very vocal people.

It's even funnier when these people speak about respect after engeging in forum PvP and shitting on their own clan members for the sake of making up dramas.

You're a vile little kid, you know? It's just a game. You gotta separate idea from the man! :3

The point, again, is that what you decide among yourselves is not binding for all players by default, no matter how much you think you speak for everyone. The very fact that members of your clan are posting on my clan's recruitment page calling us pirates for not toeing the line says it all. You can say that you speak for the majority all you like, but if I disagree, as I have every right to, then I'm not bound to follow your decision. The same applies to everyone else that's here playing this game. If you'd like me to do as you want, then feel free to reimburse me for the cost of this game, at which point I'll play it your way. But if my copy cost the same amount as yours did, then I have the same right as you to do as I see fit, and that applies to every person here too.

Frankly, if your ability to enjoy the game is contingent on other people following your orders, then I pity you.

Awh you're such a little rebel aren't you  :P 

You and yours have fought back against the terrible oppression of clans working together in friendship and common cause and gallantly elected to 'stick it to the man'. Good on you sir, keep fighting your good fight.

Damn the sheeple that want a democratic and unified nation! Wake up sheeple!

• Like 4

I don't see why there is need for such hostility, we are simply playing the game how we want, to try to make things interesting for ourselves. We haven't caused anyone else to have a bad experience in game. We didn't ask for a pat on the back or anything like that just leave us be, pretend we don't exist whatever, I couldn't give a monkeys ........

We throw in some propaganda as role play every now and then but it is little more than stories and has no effect on the game.

It's ironic, our enemies the Dutch and Danish-Norwegians have done little but wish us good luck and enjoyed the Battles we have had with them, they haven't complained about a breach of treaty or anything. The only people that have taken offense to us is our own in game countrymen so far.

Edited by Morey
  • Like 2

I don't see why there is need for such hostility, we are simply playing the game how we want, to try to make things interesting for ourselves. We haven't caused anyone else to have a bad experience in game. We didn't ask for a pat on the back or anything like that just leave us be, pretend we don't exist whatever, I couldn't give a monkeys ........

We throw in some propaganda as role play every now and then but it is little more than stories and has no effect on the game.

It's ironic, our enemies the Dutch and Danish-Norwegians have done little but wish us good luck and enjoyed the Battles we have had with them, they haven't complained about a breach of treaty or anything. The only people that have taken offense to us is our own in game countrymen so far.

its always easy to say "no!" -> "why?" -> "because i want to!". Some people are just having fun in creating drama. usually we call them trolls! In the "national news" area suddenly ppl start to see something else in them. That is what i dont get into my head.

• Like 2

Wait, so you can role-play propaganda, but we cannot role-play you as hated rebels? But this is how we want to play the game!

I see for you some people are equaler than others...

That is why some of us have good and harmless fun spewing ficticious log entries, official letters, and other snips of lore instead of wanting ( if you feel like it you can use a kay in the respective place ) to feel "boss".

I respect anyone playing the game until they burst the blisters of my left foot. So far only a triplet of names which are simply obnoxious to the point of insanity and not establishing the difference between a game, a forum and the person beyond the character.

Glad I am from a pen and paper generation rather than a absolutely atrocious CS crap kindergarten.

Wait, so you can role-play propaganda, but we cannot role-play you as hated rebels? But this is how we want to play the game!

I see for you some people are equaler than others...

the propaganda/ roleplay I have written is quite clearly just that, you'd have to be a fool to think otherwise. Some of the comments against us I have interpreted as real feelings. If i have mistaken people's role play comments for real feeling then I apologise, it obviously wasn't clear to me.

As for your last few words there... Well I don't think so Mr Orwell. I treat everyone equally unless they give me reason to do otherwise.

Not only making up drama, but now even blatantly twisting someone's words just so that you can make up more drama, huh? It's funny, how no-one seems to mind anything except for 2 very vocal people.

It's even funnier when these people speak about respect after engeging in forum PvP and shitting on their own clan members for the sake of making up dramas.

You're a vile little kid, you know? It's just a game. You gotta separate idea from the man! :3

I love how adorably you twist this around. I'm making up drama? Sweetheart, I'm not the one that's turned this whole thing into a personal issue from the very start, on TS, on SLMFr forums and then on here. That would be you. I'm sorry that your reading comprehension seems so limited; I'd chalk it up to a language barrier but you've been so vile on these forums since you've "made peace" that it's clear you're just a spiteful little man. If "nobody minded anything", why are you mutts going so far as to come pollute our recruitment post with your nonsense? Pathetic, Gal. Absolutely pathetic. A month ago I'd have expected better, but I see that you've spent so much time yelling "me, too!" into the echo chamber that your ability to self-reflect is non-existent.

I've spent enough time PvPing with you in-game to know exactly what to expect, so I understand why you spend so much time doing it here instead. So please, my sad little friend, keep it coming. I'm sorry that you're such a delicate little flower that your feelings are so easily hurt, but go on, continue trying to turn this around into me being the disrespectful one, by all means. I look forward to your next convoluted explanation as to why you hurl vitriol in the name of peace :)

Awh you're such a little rebel aren't you  :P

You and yours have fought back against the terrible oppression of clans working together in friendship and common cause and gallantly elected to 'stick it to the man'. Good on you sir, keep fighting your good fight.

Damn the sheeple that want a democratic and unified nation! Wake up sheeple!

Maybe I just like to PvP on a PvP server. But go on, keep putting words in my mouth, it's cute as all get out :)

Mr Zwieb,

As i said in copied quote, we accepted the treaty for our clan, not for our nation, but that part is left out in copied quote.

So you are not only misquoting me, but also jumping to conclusions based on the false quote.

I will not accept this, next time better quote me correctly, or i'll report you on the tribunal.

Grtzzz Bubbles

?

so here you made a treaty for your clan ....

i will not accept this ....shall i report  you for the tribunal now...

dont think so..

if you threaten me also with reporting to the tribunal..

i do believe you are a wrong leader..

Mr Zwieb,

Grtzzz Bubbles

I wrote only a reaction to YOUR point, regarding the in your opinion lack of game balance and because of that the idea inside your clan to make peace with the French to solve THAT problem. I wrote:

"I like to have internal national troubles and chaos too.. making a game as this very realistic  :D

Many players didn't like to have Cpt. Bubbels, SteelSandwich and Monkeybullet as self proclaimed arbiters to force a solution for what the developers don't seem to see as a problem. And if they do, I expect that they come with a solution.. by example due a map reset or a roll back of the game."

You, Mr Bubbles, did only quote: "I like to have internal national troubles and chaos too.. making a game as this very realistic  :D

Many players didn't like to have Cpt. Bubbels, SteelSandwich and Monkeybullet as self proclaimed arbiters to force a solution"

Further, my game name is Swieb, not Zwieb. I can almost not believe that you don't know what a <..> sign in a forum message means. Why do you no use that <..> sign too in your quote regarding my message AND why did you only quote a part of a relevant letterline, with the result that you have changed the discussion regarding my forum message? It looks you blame me for what you are doing by yourself, Mr. Bubbels. 

Edited by Swieb
  • Like 1