Game-Labs Forum

Your top 3 NA stupid mistakes

Everyone had those moments. Moments that you thought what happened here. why am i so noobish.

We where talking about this on TS and i though, i am for sure not the only guy that had some pretty silly mistakes/failures in NA.

1.  Entering a small battle in my basic cutter without cannons because i wanted them to replace with carronades. Next small battle, still forgot to buy the cannons. :)
  2. Trying to click the " Enter port" button for over 5 minutes, getting frustrated i could not get in, and finding out it was a port of another nation.
  3. Deleting an outpost filled with crafting goodies, because i was sleepy and i thought i hit the TP button..

Share and laugh:) I know we all had these moments.

• Like 7

1) flipping over my Niagara while trying to board Traders Brig. 

2) leaving the city ignoring the message about loosing some goods I just bought (I didn't transfer them to "hold" and didn't have an outpost there).  Done it twice actually, lost about 15k each time.

3) selling a ship instead of repairing :)  Hit the wrong button on main menu.

• Like 4

1) forgetting that I'd switched to carros from longs and tried to fire a chain broadside from way too far out

2) getting to a port and noticing a great price on something, buy all of it, realize I don't have an 1/8 of the cargo space I need and there are no ships on sale

3) clicking Start as soon as it shows up after the server selection screen prior to my steam name populating...  every single time I login...

• Like 2

1) flipping over my Niagara while trying to board Traders Brig. 

2) leaving the city ignoring the message about loosing some goods I just bought (I didn't transfer them to "hold" and didn't have an outpost there).  Done it twice actually, lost about 15k each time.

3) selling a ship instead of repairing :)  Hit the wrong button on main menu.

I done number 2 myself and lost about 10K of stuff.  Yah I wasn't very happy camper with myself.

I have been sailing in Bluefields. Had a bunch of confiscated goods from capping traders in the hold of a ship. Planned to teleport to Port Royal. Well I did that but forgot to sail first. Three hour wait.

Got in to a fight, fired a broadside, made my turn...right in to the other ship. Lost the bowsprit and the jibs. Bad  way to sail.  Bad Bad Captain.

I was an awful new player.

1. Tried to sail to Mexico from Mortimer without knowing the scale of the game.

2. Shot up an ally player in my first battle. Tried to make amends to said ally by trying to suicide board a trader (idea was that he would capture the weakened ship, technique in the starting pirate guide). Sank it and myself.

3. Blew all my earnings to buy a Mercury at rank 1 or 2. Took it into battle, fired the cannons once.

Unsure where this last one ranks. Got curious, tried shooting ball into Constitution stern instead of grape to see its effect on crew. Set Connie on fire while an ally was boarding it (seriously did not know ball can start fire).

• Like 4

My first ever capture, boarded a sinking AI cutter in my basic cutter, then saw the popping up "X to capture" text, and hit X. The ship almost immediately sunk, and I lost both of the ships. FeelsBadMan

Then tried trading, bought some goods in a nearby neutral port, and didn't put them into my hold, then when I got home, I didn't know what happened to them. Took a few days to figure it out  :D

Edited by kumisz

Line up my Reno beautifully behind a Belle Poule (I'm preparing for capture with the objective of first destroying his stern with balls before switching to grape). Fire off a perfectly timed broadside front to rear while passing and seeing chains being flung out of my cannons.

But perhaps the worst is the following:

I needed to convoy some ships between Plymouth  and Le Moule .

To get to Le Moule after bringing back the first ship, buy a basic cutter and set sails ASAP to go recover the second one.

I arrive in Plymouth some 10/15mn later and find out I've been sailing my Traders Cutter, filled with crafting ressources instead of the Basic Cuttter I had just bought.

So needed to sail all the way back the other way to get things straight!

1) During intense battle suddenly thinking why is my ship going so slow... then noticing its full of water.. and sinks....

In my defense : i have 3 monitors... and the indicator is on the bottom left... and can't be moved! (wish i could move it to my center screen so its more noticable..) 

Only 3? Darn...  :D

1. Thinking I was in basic cutter and maxing out on repair kits only to realise I was still in my Cerberus. (1176 per kit)

2. Logging out at sea, then forgetting I had before going to make a coffee whilst I logged in next day. Came back to screen to find myself near sinking in a battle with 3 Brit players. (-1 Dura)

3. Clicking the 'Dismiss' button instead of repair on my last remaining 1 dura fleet cutter.

:blink:

Edited by Long Beard

Getting all feisty in my Privateer and stern camping a bigger ship with a potent broadside (most recent was a Belle Poule). Accidentally overshoot and take a full broadside at close range. OH GOD MAKING THE WATER STOP I'M ALREADY ON 8...

Hiring a cutter for my trader on PVE.......

Then trying to sink it when I didn't realise it was my hire ship......thought it was the trader I was trying to sink.

Then when I realised it wasn't the trader wondering who that person was intruding on my battle. Sigh......

Thanks for the stories guys.....I am feeling much better.

• Like 3

Believing that everybody knows that this is EARLY ACCESS, so therefore it is still a work in progress and the longevity of the game is one of the main objectives.

But sadly, no!

It's a dog it dog world like EVE, with big egos and Zerg nations steam rolling smaller nations.

Where players are all about the quick rush than a gradual build up.

Where you hear, that US Clans hate GB SLRN clan or the Pirates only like the Danes, that the smaller nations wish they could just have some breathing space to play instead of just getting smashed.

That's my mistake in this game.