Game-Labs Forum

The Black Friday

AGermanGuy

And this is the problem. It creates this really unhistorical feeling that detracts from the game. It feels more like checkers then...

Yes, but the open world simulation is speeded up artificially though.

It takes a few minutes to walk my armies from Scandinavia towards the northern parts of Italy in Europa Universalis for example. Why should switching ports be different in a speeded up simulator game like Naval Action? I think the question should be if the current system is enjoyable enough for the players. Judging by by the former French thread of the Trinidad-Tobago conquests and this thread about he Danish steamroller it seems quite amusing when you are on the winning side of things.

Face it, no one likes to loose, especially not in a game. We can only take it like a real man/woman and hope that the devs see opportunities to make it even more fun for us all in the future.

Edited by Lytse Pier

Its not about being unfair, but about being bad. Few weeks ago there weren't that many ports changing hands as there were tonight. You guys pushed on us and kudos for that and brits spain an pirates pushed on US and kudos to them for that. But having whole page of port captures is just too much, it feels too gamey. Or do you disagree?

I don't have a strong opinion on it tbh. Its not "realistic" for sure, but this is a game after all. Everything is sped up from how it was in real life, so why not wars and captures? 

My main point is that we didn't hear this complaint from french players when they capped the entire Trinidad region in 2 days.

• Like 1

Its not about being unfair, but about being bad. Few weeks ago there weren't that many ports changing hands as there were tonight. You guys pushed on us and kudos for that and brits spain an pirates pushed on US and kudos to them for that. But having whole page of port captures is just too much, it feels too gamey. Or do you disagree?

Think of it in the bigger picture. How many ports changed owner, if we consider the total amount of ports on the map? Also add into the equation the amount of players online, directed towards a goal. 

My point is that only a few of the total amount of ports has been taken, so really it just feels like this because it was your ports that changed hands.  ^_^

Danmark-Norge / Dutch might loose some in the next weekend, who knows 

Lol, I was sleeping so could not care less, you seem overly concerned with what I do with my gametime, voyeur much. 

And yet, as soon as I mention your name, you hop on the bandwagon like a groupie :D

Of course it was all luck mate. We just got lucky to stumble all together into 16 port battles. Pure, unplanned luck! And bad mechanics of course. Lets not forget that.

o7 to you, my favorite turncloak! ;)

• Like 2

I don't have a strong opinion on it tbh. Its not "realistic" for sure, but this is a game after all. Everything is sped up from how it was in real life, so why not wars and captures? 

My main point is that we didn't hear this complaint from french players when they capped the entire Trinidad region in 2 days.

And that's the problem here.

"So what if the mechanic is bad? Frenchies did it first! Boohoo, Frenchies this, Frenchies that!"

Who are you attacking? Me? Marecek? The France that we somehow represent? It's The Spain problem all over again. Somehow we're a hive-mind controlled uber-being that share minds and consciousness. You jump any and every french-man. Soon enough, you'll barge into a real life restaurant and start terrorizing it's chef, asking him why did he not complain about port battles.

Chill out. It looks bad when you're as salty being the winner, as you were the looser.

(I feel kinda bad for Bullet Monkey now)

British clans helped the Dutch to defeat RAE in Panama, now the balance in the war with the Dutch is broken.
If France is defeated, the Dutch and Danish work together to defeat the British, with the collaboration of their American allies.

On our part of forum there is tradition to create after words like that topics, which usual had name around "Hopeless situation of X" where you should place nation name instead of X. For now there is Hopless situation of Danemark and Hopeless situation of Swerige. Feel free to add there Hopeless situation of Britain and France  :lol:

The Ter DE Basse fight was decent. Danes had roughly 3 third rates and 17 Trincomalee. It wasn't exactly that, but close enough. France had a constitution, and a averaged out at a cerberus. Many late French entrants caused or fleet to be very spread out.

Danes lost 2 smaller ships, France lost 10? Good fight. It was enjoyed!

That feeling when you wasn't even noticed on your surprise  :angry:

• Like 1

Lol, I was sleeping so could not care less, you seem overly concerned with what I do with my gametime, voyeur much. Dutch nation win a few port battles due to the overwhelming attacks their allies the Danes inflict on the French and you come crowing on the forums like as if you personally organised it. Dutch were lucky last night and only having big brother Danes do most of the heavy lifting allowed your slim victories. Don't worry I am sure the French will gain due recompense on your ports soon. If it was not for the Brits turning their back on their allies, the French and Swedes you would be sitting bare-assed in Willemstad making clogs for your French overlords. Keep crowing like a cock-erel.

I already handpicked a few good names for you to introduce yourselves to the British captains:

Humphreys

Bickford-Smith

Trickelbank

Popplewell

Pennelegion

• Like 1

And that's the problem here.

"So what if the mechanic is bad? Frenchies did it first! Boohoo, Frenchies this, Frenchies that!"

Who are you attacking? Me? Marecek? The France that we somehow represent? It's The Spain problem all over again. Somehow we're a hive-mind controlled uber-being that share minds and consciousness. You jump any and every french-man. Soon enough, you'll barge into a real life restaurant and start terrorizing it's chef, asking him why did he not complain about port battles.

Chill out. It looks bad when you're as salty being the winner, as you were the looser.

(I feel kinda bad for Bullet Monkey now)

Who is salty? I didn't complain when we lost Trinidad, it's just the way things go. I just don't think it's such a bad mechanic. Ports can change quickly yes. I can also sail quickly from Willemstad to Trinidad. That would take several days in real life. It's a game, not everything is 100% realistic.

The french didn't complain when they won all of trinidad in 2 days, so they shouldn't complain now. Just take it graciously, regroup, and take it all back. Less QQ, more battles.

• Like 3

Lol, I was sleeping so could not care less, you seem overly concerned with what I do with my gametime, voyeur much. Dutch nation win a few port battles due to the overwhelming attacks their allies the Danes inflict on the French and you come crowing on the forums like as if you personally organised it. Dutch were lucky last night and only having big brother Danes do most of the heavy lifting allowed your slim victories. Don't worry I am sure the French will gain due recompense on your ports soon. If it was not for the Brits turning their back on their allies, the French and Swedes you would be sitting bare-assed in Willemstad making clogs for your French overlords. Keep crowing like a cock-erel.

To be fair, I believe the Dutch did the heavy lifting, fighting organised French fleets, while we had more of a walk in the park.

• Like 5

You are right gentlemen, the mechanic discussion does not belong here. 

Once and again I want to congratulate to you for your victory yesterday, it was a well deserved one. For me as a proud fake Frenchman yesterday left a sting and I will try my best to avoid that feeling in the future.

I cannot speak for others, but for me personally I will not change nations, even if I only have Fort Royale, Basic cutter and stock 4 pounders left. I already have had experience of being the only Frenchie for miles. 

PS: If that becomes the case, you might start reading my pleas (or QQs) to start coming in smaller ships to have fairer pvp fights :-).

• Like 4

I congrat you on your playning and execution it was a fine effort. I respect and honor that.

What i can not tolerate are your PB timers you set in some of the cities.....your prevent PB and reconqering on purpose to cripple the Gameplay and fun of the Others. Cripple Gameplay for others with ramming etc. is called griefing. To a caertain point this goes under the same definition. You cripple  the Gameplay for the Playerbase on both side on purpose. No Dane will have fun in defending PB and no French can have fun attacking it. If they manage to attack during the Night it will be senseless action since the Port is mostly like complete empty and its just zerging some towers against some lonely defender who showed up.

Are you afraid you cant defend a Port now against the french?

Spain had troubles with the PB set timers against the US boi which is a problem that cant be solved easily BUT EU vs EU player with 2hours timezone differnce setting the PB tiemrs during morning time sry thats just abuse of Game mechanics for me there are no reasonable arguments for it. Yes it is a tactical advantage but its dishonorable and straight abuse.

All the Timers you set now:

Marigot 12-14                                       

Aves 14-16

Charlestown 14-16

Oranjestad 14-16

BasseTerre 14-16

These timers are ok. It its the start of your primetime for us a little early but its fine no complaining about that. Marigot is a little wierd after server inspect and wont be redeemble for us becuase after server restart you can hardly assemblr a big fleet maybe at the weekend.

Fort bai1 8-20                       Fort Bai and Phillip totally fine we can fight for that and have same fine battle coming.

PhillipsBurg 18-20

Terre-de-bas 6-8

Deshaies 6-8

Basse-Terre 6-8

Point-a-Pitre 6-8

Le Moule 6-8

and these timers are complete trash.

Sry but in my eyes the Devs should force you to reset these timers ( of the exfrench cities) for a proper EU time so everybody can Fight for it.

Ports should stay to the nation that can Take them or ACTIVE (with ships in Battles) defend them and not be defend by an absurd set timer.

And you Danes are no Americans who play at this time!

Bwahaaa! Frenchies want to balance the game, so we can't fight them 4 on 1! You cannot complain Frenchies, you are not allowed to! STOP CRYING FRENCHIES!

Just so that you know - I'm not France. Im Galileo. Not nice to meet you, come back when you grow up to see a person.

Until then, I guess I will just ignore your salt ^^'

When I looked in game, how many ports changed hands yesterday. What we and americans lost tonight. Whole napoleonic wars didn't result in such a change in land ownership. For me it really breaks the immersion. This should be the priority before moving elsewhere.

Americans didn't lose anything, really.

A couple of ports they never wanted changed hands. No one set up there.

However entertaining this squabbling is, it is worth bearing in mind, I think, that being polite to your enemies is not wasted courtesy as you never know when they may be your allies.

As far as ganking goes, I've seen and heard frenchies do it, and whilst I'm not aware of any DAS / BOAT members beating up on newbies, I wouldn't be completely shocked to hear it happens. So let's discourage it as much as we noble leaders / officers can, and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 4

saw your pathetic attempt at humour.

@ Ironjaw

Aye, your solid humour truly bests mine!

left Dutch for valid reasons no need to troll continuously because you are butthurt 

Butthurt? You mistake emotions. You leaving was the best thing that came out of losing trinidad! Things are a whole lot more pleasant without a psycho (which you call me, but you should hear yourself on TS...) raging and whining after a lost battle. The only way it could have been even better was if you'd join the French instead, although I'm not sure I'd wish that on any adversary. 

ANd with that, I'll leave our little RP-battle for today. 'till next time! ;)

• Like 1

thanks for the support on the forums for taking these ports and yes it would be much harder if the french had its main fleet north we the danes owe them gratitude for this

if people can take up their disagreements on another thread please do that and stay classy gents in defeat and victory we have all been in those situations 

• Like 3

All the Timers you set now:

Marigot 12-14                                       

Aves 14-16

Charlestown 14-16

Oranjestad 14-16

BasseTerre 14-16

These timers are ok. It its the start of your primetime for us a little early but its fine no complaining about that. Marigot is a little wierd after server inspect and wont be redeemble for us becuase after server restart you can hardly assemblr a big fleet maybe at the weekend.

Fort bai1 8-20                       Fort Bai and Phillip totally fine we can fight for that and have same fine battle coming.

PhillipsBurg 18-20

Terre-de-bas 6-8

Deshaies 6-8

Basse-Terre 6-8

Point-a-Pitre 6-8

Le Moule 6-8

and these timers are complete trash.

Sry but in my eyes the Devs should force you to reset these timers ( of the exfrench cities) for a proper EU time so everybody can Fight for it.

Ports should stay to the nation that can Take them or ACTIVE (with ships in Battles) defend them and not be defend by an absurd set timer.

And you Danes are no Americans who play at this time!

While i agree with your opinion on the timers, i must say that that's what we are facing in the west against the brits, mostly SLRN (01-03 for danish(++) and 03-05+ for the russians) .. It should also be said that in our trip southeast last evening we didn't have much time to discuss the best solution for the timers and had to go for the next one, thus setting temporary timers. Sorry about that

Edited by hanserrr

@ Ironjaw. Was reading a relevant thread and saw your pathetic attempt at humour. Please get over it, my clan left Dutch for valid reasons no need to troll continuously because you are butthurt we did not become part of the DAS clone navy. Group think is a dangerous thing, as I stated before my clan and I will play whatever nation we want until we find the best fit for our gametime, skills and enjoyment. Your opinion is irrelevant as are much of your trolling posts.

o7 my favourite sycophant :)

16 port battles my rear end. Dutch did 3 stop taking credit for other nations efforts lol.

You were able to leave because there are no mechanics in the game to kick people. 

• Like 2

Hahaha, so much love from the DAS butthurts. Seems the truth hurts and yet again your comment just demonstrates what is wrong with your clan. You seem to think that you should have some right to kick people from a game they paid for and a nation choice they are free to make as part of that purchase. You guys really have an over-inflated opinion of how important you are to the game. Lets hope they never bring in a mechanic that gives any power over players to a bunch of self loving little hornblowers.

I think you have shown us all what sycophant means now.  ;)

Back on topic .... where is the Black Saturday thread?

• Like 1

While i agree with your opinion on the timers, i must say that that's what we are facing in the west against the brits, mostly SLRN (01-03 for danish(++) and 03-05+ for the russians) .. It should also be said that in our trip southeast last evening we didn't have much time to discuss the best solution for the timers and had to go for the next one, thus setting temporary timers. Sorry about that

I support you this is unacceptable by SLRN, dev have to take a look at this after the next patch.

Poor devs they have so much work :(

• Like 1