Game-Labs Forum

The Black Friday

AGermanGuy

At any rate, there will be no bouncing back. What is in game is in game. Whoever left the game is off for a greener pastures.

Congratulations. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

What is your opinion on the period a few weeks ago when the Dutch lost 2 ports in the west to the spanish and at the same time lost the entire trinidad region in just 2 nights to the French?

If so many people left the game after the last two nights, as you claim, how do you explain that this wasn't the case during the above mentioned period? 

Can you please link me your post where you addressed either "broken mechanics" or "unfair play" during this period?

If you really consider a two-fronted attack on one nation, resulting in the loss of a massive amounts of ports in a short timespan to be "unfair" or "broken", why did you yourself take part in the above mentioned attacks?

Edited by IronClaw
  • Like 2

At any rate, there will be no bouncing back. What is in game is in game. Whoever left the game is off for a greener pastures.

Congratulations. I hope you guys are proud of yourselves.

Of course we are - nothing changed in this matter :D Some poeple are proud even after loose but some just moaning...

You just have to congratulate the Danes. We Swedes have tried our best. I acknowledge without envy that they had the better organization and planning. The number of good accounts clearly shows what we have to Sweden and other nations work. I hope that the Swedish nation has continued to exist. I and many remain natural and help wherever they can. I would like to say again here, too, that the Danes are very fair and pleasant opponents in the battles and were. They greet each other before and after the battle and the enemy Zolt respectful. Therein I hope that many opposing players have the foresight not to hew newcomers alike from the game. This one will be attacked before Gustavia, if you are traveling with good ships, is logical. But please pay attention to the newcomers.
Finally, I must just say that was of you Danes just good and I hope that you can beat more beautiful battles. It is and remains a game. A nice rest weekend

• Like 7

Well done. Just another 100 players left the server. From 2500 to just around 2000 yesterday. And today 1900? 1800? How to kill a game lesson one: seal clubbing small nations. You must be very proud. Tell us more about it.

Simply put, those players were not ready to engage in a open world in Alpha build revision where the mechanics are simply in place but not developed.

If they quit at this stage I have no idea how they will cope with a fully developed NA where there will be less holding hands at all levels, definitely.

• Like 2

What is your opinion on the period a few weeks ago when the Dutch lost 2 ports in the west to the spanish and at the same time lost the entire trinidad region in just 2 nights to the French?

If so many people left the game after the last two nights, as you claim, how do you explain that this wasn't the case during the above mentioned period? 

Can you please link me your post where you addressed either "broken mechanics" or "unfair play" during this period?

If you really consider a two-fronted attack on one nation, resulting in the loss of a massive amounts of ports in a short timespan to be "unfair" or "broken", why did you yourself take part in the above mentioned attacks?

I've posted plenty of times different ideas of how to avoid the problem, as well as how to actually allow nations to be wiped AND keep them playing and having fun.

So yeah, do your research first, please? And no, I'm not going to "link it to you". Do your own dirty work.

Of course we are - nothing changed in this matter :D Some poeple are proud even after loose but some just moaning...

I am quite proud. This is why I joined SLMFR which' fleets never attacked weaker prey, that's why I spoke up against going after Dutch's fun, that's why I spoke up when some asshats tried to ban french language in french nation - even though I myself don't speak french. I was proud leading my e-sports team, I was proud making sure we never step on another people's toes when it comes to fun.

You're proud because you avoided a fight and instead went for a wipe. If this is what you take pride in, it's your right. The fact I am disgusted with people like you - does not yet mean I'm moaning.

Quite defensive maneuver nevertheless - preemptively accuse someone of moaning... is your conscience itching?

• Like 1

I've posted plenty of times different ideas of how to avoid the problem, as well as how to actually allow nations to be wiped AND keep them playing and having fun.

That is one (well, maybe 1 1/2) out of 4 questions answered. The others were too inconvenient to answer I suppose?

• Like 2

That is one (well, maybe 1 1/2) out of 4 questions answered. The others were too inconvenient to answer I suppose?

It is interesting to hear the response from this comment,  but it will not.  :)

Edited by Nohero

You just have to congratulate the Danes. We Swedes have tried our best. I acknowledge without envy that they had the better organization and planning. The number of good accounts clearly shows what we have to Sweden and other nations work. I hope that the Swedish nation has continued to exist. I and many remain natural and help wherever they can. I would like to say again here, too, that the Danes are very fair and pleasant opponents in the battles and were. They greet each other before and after the battle and the enemy Zolt respectful. Therein I hope that many opposing players have the foresight not to hew newcomers alike from the game. This one will be attacked before Gustavia, if you are traveling with good ships, is logical. But please pay attention to the newcomers.

Finally, I must just say that was of you Danes just good and I hope that you can beat more beautiful battles. It is and remains a game. A nice rest weekend

Sweden could always ask to hire some allied nations flag captains to man third rates to help them ;p

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

If you want to discuss something with me, feel free. If poor man's demagogy is all you can do, find someone of your own intellect to talk to. But I guess I should expect nothing more from a man who time and time again called me "The France", huh?

If you want to discuss something with me, feel free.

I do. Which is why I asked a few questions that might help clarify your opinions on some matters, and explain your motivation behind your viewpoints. As I understand it at the moment; You are fine with joining in a roflstomp on your enemies, but accuse others of "breaking the game" when you're on the receiving end.`(So, yes, "begging the question", that is my conclusion so far, which I'd like to discuss, and since you seem to like wikipedia, this one seems to fit there). Or at least that is what your actions show so far. But maybe I misunderstand, which is why I asked those questions. The questions seem on-topic to me, addressing some things you did, and asking for your opinion on some matters. 

Edited by IronClaw

So yeah, do your research first, please? And no, I'm not going to "link it to you". Do your own dirty work.

I am quite proud. This is why I joined SLMFR which' fleets never attacked weaker prey, that's why I spoke up against going after Dutch's fun, that's why I spoke up when some asshats tried to ban french language in french nation - even though I myself don't speak french. I was proud leading my e-sports team, I was proud making sure we never step on another people's toes when it comes to fun.

You're proud because you avoided a fight and instead went for a wipe. If this is what you take pride in, it's your right. The fact I am disgusted with people like you - does not yet mean I'm moaning.

Quite defensive maneuver nevertheless - preemptively accuse someone of moaning... is your conscience itching?

Well i not suppose to answer to your weak personal harassment but "The fact I am disgusted with people like you"  i will. Belive me we are proud here in PFK whatever you think, whatever lies you says. Who avoiding fight? What you talking about? Next time when we take over your ports come fight and after maybe you can say something more constructive. /Farewell / Tiphat

• Like 1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

If you want to discuss something with me, feel free. If poor man's demagogy is all you can do, find someone of your own intellect to talk to. But I guess I should expect nothing more from a man who time and time again called me "The France", huh?

I don't think a lot of people disagree with you that the Port Battle mechanics should be considered "work in progress" by the devs. There have been many suggestions all over these forums to be considered as improvements. However, the game works like it works right now.

One can set up entire discussions about how it all should work according to their own perceptions, but in the end the devs should make the game they want to make and players should decide if they want to play it (even now in its current EA state). I consider the current playround a great contribution towards new insights for the developers to make this the best gaming experience they can.

If I may add to the questionnaire in little jest:

3d40925aa0ae0a40d975181a55754718.jpg

• Like 2

In my opinion you should hire some new leadership that will acknowledge that you have been defeated, ask for a fair peace and start to rebuild your nation again.

Ah stop being so imperialistic. It's a fucking game, it's EA if you want to wipe France and Sweden because you can well go ahead the only goal u reach in the long term is to drive players away from the game. You brought double the players we could field, so it's not even skillfull what you do, just a waste of everyones time tbh. You guys successfully took the fun out of the game, for alot of players. kudos.

The maps will be wiped one day, but the players probably won't come back. Great job!

@Ironclaw: Not rly sure where u get your info from, most of the french clans I talked to never wanted to wipe the dutch from the map when we had the momentum, so thats just a lie. If you talk about the east which u lost, you still had more ports than the french in total after that, so it's not really comparable to the wipe you guys are after here.

I do. Which is why I asked a few questions that might help clarify your opinions on some matters, and explain your motivation behind your viewpoints. As I understand it at the moment; You are fine with joining in a roflstomp on your enemies, but accuse others of "breaking the game" when you're on the receiving end.`(So, yes, "begging the question", that is my conclusion so far, which I'd like to discuss). Or at least that is what your actions show so far. But maybe I misunderstand, which is why I asked those questions. The questions seem on-topic to me, addressing some things you did, and asking for your opinion on some matters. 

So, as I understand it, you fancy yourself judge, jury and the executioner and you think I'm on trial...? I fancy you a fool, sir.

• Like 1

@Ironclaw: Not rly sure where u get your info from, most of the french clans I talked to never wanted to wipe the dutch from the map when we had the momentum, so thats just a lie. If you talk about the east which u lost, you still had more ports than the french in total after that, so it's not really comparable to the wipe you guys are after here.

We're not after a wipe, as you might know after the talks that were held late last night. We're looking for a solid solution that would keep things fair to both the French and the Swedes. And if I understand correctly, there's actually a truce of sorts established now.

So, as I understand it, you fancy yourself judge, jury and the executioner and you think I'm on trial...? I fancy you a fool, sir.

No, I simply question your motives. You actively participate in taking a massive amount of ports from another nation, and then complain when the same happens to you. But you seem unwilling to discuss it, so we'll both stay with our current conclusions then :)

• Like 1

Ah stop being so imperialistic. It's a fucking game, it's EA if you want to wipe France and Sweden because you can well go ahead the only goal u reach in the long term is to drive players away from the game. You brought double the players we could field, so it's not even skillfull what you do, just a waste of everyones time tbh. You guys successfully took the fun out of the game, for alot of players. kudos.

The maps will be wiped one day, but the players probably won't come back. Great job!

Its a game set in a imperialistic age. Not long ago you stomped the dutch in a couple of days around Trinidad and you ganged up with the British, Swedes to attack us all in one day. Together you were probably 5 times as big as us. And now you complain about us wiping you out. Have your confidence in your own abilities and that of your nation sunken so low so fast?

• Like 2

No, I simply question your motives. You actively participate in taking a massive amount of ports from another nation

My bad luck when it comes to PBs and me not taking part in any successful attacks - instead going only for suicide runs - is legendary in SLMFR.

You are talking out of your ass and making stuff up. See why I'm not interested in talking to you?

• Like 1

This whole discussion and pointing fingers is just silly. I understand that French are quite frustrated that after successful run for Trynidad and Tobago region the're now pushed back.

However I find it unfair pointing on the Dutch and calling them Axis. I'm a guy fighting under the banner of PFK, however I skipped fronts quite early and seen what our friends in the East had to cope with.

From what I have seen French had greater numbers and bigger ships. They used it quite well making screening fleets, catching dutch reinforcements trying to breakthrough to port battles, catching Dutch flag carriers and attacking couple of ports at once, which Dutch could not counter because of their numbers.

That is the reason why guys fighting Spain decided to join East front, flipping the table in the process.

Now we're using basically the same tactics as French used, however it seems that French fleets do not know how to cope with that because the're not used to that kind of fight (something Dutch on the East had to learn to do).

I believe that crushing France is not the target. I think the Dutch will be happy when Trynidad and Tobago is back in our control. Pushing France all the way back to Fort-Royale is not the objective here.

Of course France is in quite a pinch, since Danish attack was more effective than expected. However I think that France will bounce back. It is unreasonable to think that Danes will be able to keep those ports in the long run and just as they stated it seems that strategy is to give French smth to do before they will be able to fight back into natural Danish territory, giving them time to breath.

Biggest losers in this fight are the Swedes. It turns out that their alliance with France didn't serve them well, while being the northern "shield" of France, their ally was unable to help them when that shield was broken and in need of help.

Ignore him Galileus, He is the unofficial DAS mouthpiece, wish the DAS leaders would stick old slackjaw back on his leash all he does is embarrass the clan with his BS. Seems he only feels brave enough to spout his brand of nonsense when the Danes have rolled over 2 nations and the Dutch heroes sweep in to grab what they can like scavenging dogs. Oh well the grand strategy of hang around with a better nation and better players (.ie the danes) seems to be paying off for the Dutchies. Cant wait till it all turns sour and they run away tail between their dutch arses. Hahaha.

You may have some kind of personal quarrel with IronClaw, but calling the whole nation names becouse of it isn't really nice. I have been present on the French conquest of Macanao on Thursday and given their greater numbers and bigger ships I don't remmember any Dutch running away, quite the opposite. On the Friday we were fighting basically the same French fleet, but now with the forces from the Western front that joined the fight. Ports in the south were defended quite well, that why i will give Kudos to every Frenchman that showed up to fight.

Edited by Wyspa
  • Like 2

Cant wait till it all turns sour and they run away tail between their dutch arses. Hahaha.

Someone seems especially salty today!  :lol:

In a sense, I agree with you though. We both seem to feel that the French (and non-French in their nation) will bounce back. There will be many more great battles to come and whether on the winning or losing side, it'll be awesome. Game is called Naval Action for a reason.

Edited by IronClaw
  • Like 3

I believe that crushing France is not the target. I think the Dutch will be happy when Trynidad and Tobago is back in our control. Pushing France all the way back to Fort-Royale is not the objective here.

So pushing France back to 4 ports away from Fort Royal is your objective. This is wonderfully graceful of you to make the distinction, I didn't quite spot it before.

I don't think anyone doubts the fighting abilities and honour of the 2 main PVP fleets in Dutch nation PFK and DSL, without doubt the capabilities in the eastern area have been significantly boosted by PFK and DSL arrival, prior to this it was a stalemate. The combined arrival of PVP clans and the Danish assault allowed the Dutch to finally make some progress yet the people hollering on the forums loudest are the ones who could not break the stalemate lol. It required better players to help you, DSL and PFK arrival and better players to provide an advantage, the Danish assault. Do not for a moment think that the loudest mouths are in anyway responsible for the current change in fortunes in the Dutch fighting ability. They are not for the reasons explained.

The people 'hollering' to the forums are the ones that have been the backbone of the eastern front. You know, the type of player that doesn't leave when for a moment it starts to look grim.

I know you like to crap on those guys and praise the western clans (which the western clans deserve).

You cant blame people for disliking you for leaving, yet the anger you still hold for a nation you have no affinity with is frankly quite terrifying, you might wanna run euh.. focus on the american fights ahead.

• Like 6