Game-Labs Forum

The Black Friday

AGermanGuy

I don't think anyone doubts the fighting abilities and honour of the 2 main PVP fleets in Dutch nation PFK and DSL, without doubt the capabilities in the eastern area have been significantly boosted by PFK and DSL arrival, prior to this it was a stalemate. The combined arrival of PVP clans and the Danish assault allowed the Dutch to finally make some progress yet the people hollering on the forums loudest are the ones who could not break the stalemate lol. It required better players to help you, DSL and PFK arrival and better players to provide an advantage, the Danish assault. Do not for a moment think that the loudest mouths are in anyway responsible for the current change in fortunes in the Dutch fighting ability. They are not for the reasons explained.

PFK and DSL deserve way more respect than you ill-using their clannames for your own personal feuds and ventilating your disgrunt for DAS/BOAT. Just keep your malicious attempts of spewing rubbish aimed at us please ... or personally at me/Iron for all I care.

Nevertheless, we are very appreciative that you kept your contribution to this war by focussing on the forums instead of the seas.

• Like 2

So pushing France back to 4 ports away from Fort Royal is your objective. This is wonderfully graceful of you to make the distinction, I didn't quite spot it before.

If you're referring to Saint Gorge's and Bridgetown, the're still quite far away from Fort-Royale. And strategy behind getting those two ports in the context of fighting for Trynidad and Tobago is quite obvious if you look at the map.

And to be honest I can't guarantee what next moves of the whole nation will be. I can only say what I think and from what I know getting back Gulf of Paria is what most Dutch players want. If clan leaders decide otherwise then, silly me...

And as far as I remember French didn't have a problem with going all the way to Las Aves pre-wipe (witch is basically one port from Willemstad). That is why I find it so silly to point fingers (since every nation acts in it's own interest, not their enemies). If you're concerned that this situation will drive of players from your nation (reading you're previous posts you seem to be), I can't really argue with that.

However what I will say is that those kind of players that run away when the "hard times" come are of no value to the nation. If anything they give false sense of strength and numbers, because they tend to not participate in wars, instead being focused on personal gain (All players participating in wars, tend to sink a lot of time and money into it). And I will say that about any player defecting the nation, Dutch included.

Edited by Wyspa

If you look at the map, no matter how far St George's is from Fort Royal, there is no value in that space. It's about ports and resources, not about space. And with Danes and Dutch taking bites from both north and south, France will be left to suffocate. So with all due respect, I don't care how good the beer you offer us is, if you starve us to death.

And I agree about pointing out fingers. I don't care what whoever in France though, I am not france, and I - as well as my fellow capitaines - were very vocal about being happy with Pampatar/Macanao stalemate. We had plenty of fights and plenty of fun. And I don't care who is responsible for giving that up just so that someone can masturbate to dots changing colors on the map. That impasse was fun, that was good. And we lost that because someone though to himself - hey, dots changing colors are more fun than taking part in fleet fights!

And whoever is responsible for that attitude - I don't care, Dutch, Dane or French - honestly, go f* yourself, Man i Made Up In My Head

Is current RvR broken? Sure it is. Bigger numbers always win, period. France had bigger numbers in the south untill western front was closed? They pushed us and we were forced to mount rather desperate defence. The day France attacked Macanao, Cumana and Piritu? In that last battle we had only 22 ppl, including Cerberuses, we were simply scratching the bottom of a bucket. Had the clearing of Panama lasted a tad more, or had our enemies more luck with port battles, Macanao front could be broken. In the north, as long as Danes where fighting the Brits, Sweden was able to at least mount a defence, occasionaly with French support trying to push.

Now numbers switched. Influx of Dutch players from the west not only allowed us to push finally, but tied French forces in the south. Without support, Sweden had no chance to repel Danish focused assault. Northern ports of France where mostly undefended, so they fell one after another, such as ours in Trinidad not so far ago.

If the Brits dedide to focus on our western borders, situation may simply reverse itself in a matter of days.

Another thing is broken placement of capitols.Spain,  France, Sweden (especially!), Danmark, Pirates and pretty much UK all packed on those islands, while continental area is pretty much left and forgotten. Transfer of France to Luisiana, with Sweden placed more to the south, and Spain moved to Panama to counter Dutch from the West and all nations should have some space to expand and fight.

But hey, its early acces, we are here exactly to show what is broken for devs to change it. I see no reason for going all personal about it. It`s just a game, and not even finished one. Wipe is closing :P

On a personal note, I would like to thank all French captains intercepting shallow water attack on Galdonas yesterday. Intense fight, placement of flag in the last seconds...such experience, such emotions are exactly the reason I`m playing this game, and I hope many more such encounters will follow! Good luck and see ya on the sea!

• Like 3

Jameson I dont know what kind of personal dislike you have against the dutch nation. I couldnt care less about the personal stuff going on between you and the whole world.

What I care about is you trolling the ppl, starting flamewars and foremost accusing the mod staff for things they dont do.

Steel is rightfully not interfering in this thread. We know what players like to think when all in a sudden some posts disappear.

Bias is the word you want to shout at us. And you do so very quick I see.

This is for you, Sir.

Refrain from false accusations and stop flaming the forum users. I hid a few of your stuff which is out of line.

direct personal attacks are a no go on this forums!

(and yes you did this in this very thread)

any further discussion about this subject is to be made in private.

regards,

Bungee

• Like 1

Just because "Light" forum PvP is allowed, doesn't mean the rules regarding being respectful go out the window. Since this has degenerated into people insulting each other and being nonconstructive, I'm going to close it.

Those who insist on trolling and being disrespectful can expect warnings next time.

• Like 3