Game-Labs Forum

Faster teleports at a cost to the player?

Loving the game and respect the fact that it needs to be realistic as possible.

However im starting to get annoyed with the 4hr teleports and missing out on gaming time with friends due to crazy travel times just to be able to play together.

Trying to think of an idea that make things a little less time consuming.

Maybe 1-2 hr teleports with a cost of X amount of gold (based on level). Obviously it would be player travel only (must have a ship already in a port).

Ideas and "suggestion" would be appreciated.

• Like 1

I think the current 4 hour cooldown for teleports is pretty reasonable, if you use it with caution so you dont get stuck far away from the action. Rather travel 15-20 minutes to stay being able to teleport somewhere, in case you need to.

I would not like if they would further encourage the use of TP.

• Like 3

I think the current system is already to much, I would like to see more players on the sea instead of people taking a plane so they can fight, Do you know that you can actually sail to the place?

I love this game for the Realism so devs please don't do such an arcady thing.

Edited by bramluijken
  • Like 4

I could give or take on the teleport cooldown on one hand i hate being stucked in louisiana for 4 hours that's a normal play time and on the other I don't want the klingon warfleet warping back and forth on us poor french bastards. If any nations going to focus so hard on an area its good to have one of their territories threatened cause of it. So if it does get knocked down it should be for 2 hours minimum actually a better thing to do would make the world teleport and outpost teleport different even better would make a charge or long teleport for freetowns.

I'd be in favour of scrapping the teleport all together and replacing with an arrow to point you in the direction of the nearest friendly/neutral port with the same time restrictions, an unstuck command could be used for those who manage to spawn in a shallows with a deep hull ship with a timer that will put you in the nearest deep water and point the way to the nearest friendly/neutral port. too many folk taking advantage of the teleport and getting there ship C/W cargo back home quick and safe, I'm not one but I feel the Pirates should have a chance at those who take risks and travel to distant ports.

I think the current system is already to much, I would like to see more players on the sea instead of people taking a plane so they can fight, Do you know that you can actually sail to the place?

FYI: Some ppl have a life, family and a job.... you really think the want to spend the 2-3h of gametime they have watching a ship sailing from A to B?!

I think a reduction to a 2-3h teleport is reasonable.

FYI: Some ppl have a life, family and a job.... you really think the want to spend the 2-3h of gametime they have watching a ship sailing from A to B?!

Please don't get personal Your post suggests I have none of the mentioned life, family and job when in fact I have them all. I'm more interested in game life than what is quick and easy, perhaps we could have another server where you get all the money and mats you need, all ships are free and available for nothing and PvP is against the rules. wonder how long that would last.

• Like 3

Well then they should make a diffrent server for all the arcady people so the people who want a realistic sailing experience can also play.

Than you have your arcady free ships and teleports and we have our hardcore realism experience, win win situation.

Edited by bramluijken

Teleport is enabled every 3 hours. That's is 3200 tons of cargo. Warships can be ported through AI capture at any time. Reduction to 2 hours makes no difference to a player that has a job, a family to care for, and half a dozen hobbies.

• Like 2

Well then they should make a diffrent server for all the arcady people so the people who want a realistic sailing experience can also play.

Than you have your arcady free ships and teleports and we have our hardcore realism experience, win win situation.

The problem is players, and that there's not enough of us to fill the map, and won't be for ages. So it's either mainly sailing, or there's mainly PvP. Arcady or not.

The problem is players, and that there's not enough of us to fill the map, and won't be for ages. So it's either mainly sailing, or there's mainly PvP. Arcady or not.

That depends on where on the map you are. If you want PVP... Sail to the frontlines. If you want constant PVP without long ways... Join Sverige.

Focus your energy on one part of the map. You don't need to be everywhere at any time.

• Like 2

That depends on where on the map you are. If you want PVP... Sail to the frontlines. If you want constant PVP without long ways... Join Sverige.

Focus your energy on one part of the map. You don't need to be everywhere at any time.

Exactly my point. You need to focus on a specific part of the map. Meaning, if you want a valid RvR going, you have to focus players from all nations to a certain area.

And if people come here for naval action, how long do you figure they'll stay if they're confined to a certain area?

• Like 1

Exactly my point. You need to focus on a specific part of the map. Meaning, if you want a valid RvR going, you have to focus players from all nations to a certain area.

And if people come here for naval action, how long do you figure they'll stay if they're confined to a certain area?

They are not constrained to a certain area, they can sail to the warzone and fight there with only one trader snow trip in a week to get your plunder to your capital.

Like in real life you just sail to your warzone fight there and stay in the ports there when you are not online.

When you want to go back then you sail back, no need for a magic plane ticket here.

IMO the ship teleport should get changed to port you back to the last port you were at. No more cargo teleportation to the capital. 

And it should be separate from outpost teleportation. and dont put yet another fee on it. We're being nickled and dimed enough as it is. paying 5000 to abandon an outpost? feh. 

• Like 1

The current speed in OW is designed so it takes time to travel, Developers did not wan't the players to get from one end of the map to the other in 15-20min or less.  The teleport system was designed with the intentions to be used when people got stuck.  It use to have a 8hr cooldown for which i think it should go back too or even a 10-24hr one.

If you wan't to play with friends plan accordingly and all setup up a outpost in the area you wish to be in.

• Like 1

The current speed in OW is designed so it takes time to travel, Developers did not wan't the players to get from one end of the map to the other in 15-20min or less.  The teleport system was designed with the intentions to be used when people got stuck.  It use to have a 8hr cooldown for which i think it should go back too or even a 10-24hr one.

If you wan't to play with friends plan accordingly and all setup up a outpost in the area you wish to be in.

I'd keep it as is.  Teleport ship and cargo to random and sometimes different outposts.  You'd use it if you were utterly lost or stuck, but it would take some work to get your stuff back to where you want it.

Edited by Bleakbeard

Why all nations? There are many war zones on the map... Ever nation has its own war zone. And these war zones are spread over the whole map. And... if you call the pvp between Denmark and Sweden "not valid" (the only war zone I am interested in atm), then I have no idea what else you want.

Edit: And these war zones are even shifting, like for example the French-Dutch war. France pushes deeper and deeper into Dutch territory, which changes the face of the frontline constantly.

Edited by mirror452