Game-Labs Forum

Introduction of breaks / Einführung von Pausen

@admin and players,

Would it be possible to take a break of 5 minutes every 30 minutes in all combat operations?

The game would be frozen and a clock is running.
(Of course it would be possible for you to suffer a disadvantage as well, but on the other hand you could also benefit from an advantage.)

The reason:
Philanthropy and disability-friendly

This would give time for the fulfillment of human needs and a brief relaxation from a physical and mental compulsory attitude.

Often you play to yourself. Suddenly you are drawn from outside into a fighting. These battles can take 90 minutes. When resolving a combat action, you can be drawn into a new fight. And again, a duty of possibly 90 minutes begins. Already we would be at 3 hours, etc ..

Personally, I think it would be interesting for game developers to incorporate these basic human needs. "Gambling Addiction and PC Addiction" are well-known terms and I think that even a gaming community would understand an adequate compromise.

(Ger man texts are always translated with the help of Google.) 

@admin und Spieler,

wäre es möglich bei allen Kampfhandlungen alle 30 Minuten eine Pause von 5 Minuten einzuführen?

Das Spiel würde eingefroren und eine Uhr läuft.
(Natürlich wäre es möglich, daß man dadurch auch mal einen Nachteil erleiden würde. Auf der anderen Seite könnte man aber auch mal von einem Vorteil profitieren.)

Der Grund:
Menschenfreundlichkeit und Behindertenfreundlichkeit

Dieses gäbe Zeit für die Erledigung menschlicher Bedürfnisse und eine kurzzeitige Entspannung aus einer physischen und psychischen Zwangshaltung.

Häufig spielt man vor sich hin. Plötzlich wird man von Außen in eine Kampfhandlungen hineingezogen. Diese Kampfhandlungen können 90 Minuten dauern. Beim Lösen aus einer Kampfhandlung kann man in einen neuen Kampf hineingezogen werden. Und schon wieder beginnt eine Pflicht von eventuell 90 Minuten. Schon wären wir bei 3 Stunden, etc..

Ich persönlich fände es interessant, wenn Spielentwickler diese menschlichen Grundbedürfnisse mit einbeziehen täten. "Spielsucht und PC-Sucht" sind bekannte Begriffe und ich denke, daß auch eine Spielgemeinschaft Verständnis für einen adäquaten Kompromiss hätten. 

• Like 1

It would be better to try to get the admin to shorten the battle instances.

Ingame breaks are a really bad idea, many do not want to make a break on command, myself included.

I arrange and do my brakes when i want them.

Btw, these 90 minutes are quite long, i agree, especially if you command fleets.

-> It might be a good idea to shorten OW battles to 75 or even 60 minutes and leave the PB's / Battlegroup fights on 90 minutes.

----------------------------------------

Es wäre besser den Admin zu bitten die Kampfdauer zu verkürzen.

Pause im Spiel ist eine schlechte Idee, viele wollen nicht eine Pause auf Kommando machen, mich eingeschlossen.

Ich arrangiere und mache meine Pausen wie ich diese haben will.

Nebenbei, diese 90 Minuten sind ziemlich lang, da gehe ich mit Dir überein, im speziellen wenn man Flotten kommandiert.

-> Vielleicht wäre es eine gute Idee die OW Kämpfe auf 75 oder sogar 60 Minuten zu verkürzen und die PB's und Battlegroup Schlachten auf 90 Minuten zu belassen.

Edited by sveno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Batman said:

I would rather have some sort of break AFTER a battle, especially when you just had a very long fight, screening battle, port battle ect.

It can become very tedious to constantly being retagged battle after battle.

you have 15 min after battle

What stops you from just sailing close hauled and taking a break? Breaks in PVP are just a terrible Idea. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sveno said:

Btw, these 90 minutes are quite long, i agree, especially if you command fleets.

-> It might be a good idea to shorten OW battles to 75 or even 60 minutes and leave the PB's / Battlegroup fights on 90 minutes.

+1 to the 90 mins being long while commanding....

However, shortening the battle timer will just end in more ships running for an hour without being caught. a better solution would be to speed up the whole process of sailing and shooting. I think it is one of the rover guys that does videos with the game on x2speed during the battles. It doesn't look bad. looks and feels pretty good actually. also makes the game more interesting to watch from a twitch/youtube point of view. #publicity.       of course to do this they would have to redsign the entire battle mechanics. so I don't expect that it will every happen but I like the idea. 

The battles I have lost against superior players were over quickly. They did not last half an hour.

The game speed is fast enough.  Using time compression in an combat instance would not improve the game.  Battling in Age of Sail Speedboats would be cartoon like.

Lots of people watch movies, sports or performances for 90 min or more without a break.

I would be opposed to compulsory game freezes at 30 min intervals.  But I would love to be able to stay in an instance for 30 minutes after the battle ends.

I think it's good that opinions are voiced here. It is also important to show empathy and moral courage. The human rights of the UN, Europe and Germany, as well as the WHO Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, recognized by all the major countries of the world, are an important standard for every human being. The needs and dignity of the people are placed on a very high good and have to apply in all areas. Whether in leisure time with community games or at work. If someone has to "exit," then he has to quit. If someone has to relax his limbs, then he has to relax. If someone has to carry weights, then there is a limit to that. This was explicitly stated in the occupational safety laws. And in this context, I also see it with PC games. It is not the player who should win a PvP battle that can last his bowel movement the longest, starve, sit or click his mouse, but rather the skill of handling his ship and his crew.

Ich finde gut, daß hier Meinungen geäußert werden. Wichtig ist es auch Empathie und Zivilcourage zu zeigen. Die Menschenrechte der UN, Europa und Deutschland sowie die Behindertenrechtskonvention der WHO, die von allen wichtigen Staaten der Welt anerkannt wurden, sind ein wichtiger Maßstab für jeden Menschen. Die Bedürfnisse und Würde der Menschen werden auf ein sehr hohes Gut gesetzt und haben in allen Bereichen zu gelten. Egal ob in der Freizeit mit Gemeinschaftsspielen oder auf dem Arbeitsplatz. Wenn jemand "Austreten" muß, dann muß er austreten. Wenn jemand seine Glieder entspannen muß, dann muß er entspannen. Wenn jemand Gewichte tragen muß, dann gibt es eine Begrenzung dessen. Sowas wurde explizit in den Arbeitsschutzgesetzen festgelegt. Und in diesem Zusammenhang sehe ich das auch mit PC-Spielen. Es sollte nicht der Spieler eine PvP-Schlacht gewinnen, welcher am längsten seinen Stuhlgang einhalten kann, hungern, sitzen oder seine Maus klicken kann, sondern jener, welcher Geschick im Umgang seines Schiffes und seiner Mannschaft ist.

19 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

Plan NA sessions.

At the very least 2 hours sessions

Unfortunately, the planning of 2 hours of games is not always enough, for example:

Someone is traveling from point A to point B for over an hour. Shortly before the end, he is drawn into a PvP fight by a well-rested player. This fight goes on for 90 minutes. Then the fight went on without sinking. Now you will be drawn into a PvP fight by the same player or by another player without reaching your target point B beforehand. - And can the player easily reach his goal now? - Hardly - Probably that's more of a matter of luck than game time planning.

Additional safety zones (see below) could also positively contribute to shortening the long journeys in unsafe zones in the open world.

Leider reicht die Planung von 2  Stunden Spielen nicht immer aus, dazu ein Beispiel:

Jemand ist von Punkt A nach Punkt B über eine Stunde unterwegs. Kurz vor Ende wird er von einem ausgeruhten Spieler in einen PvP-Kampf hineingezogen. Dieser Kampf geht 90 Minuten lang. Anschließend ging der Kampf ohne Versenkung vonstatten. Nun wird man vom gleichen Spieler oder von einem anderen wieder in einen PvP-Kampf hineingezogen ohne sein Ziel Punkt B zuvor zu erreichen. - Und kann der Spieler sein Ziel jetzt ohne weiteres erreichen? - Kaum - Vermutlich ist das eher Glückssache als Spielzeitplanung.

Zusätzliche Sicherheitszonen (siehe Unten) könnten ebenfalls positiv dazu beitragen, daß man in der Offen Welt die langen Fahrten in unsicheren Zonen verkürzen könnte.

22 hours ago, sveno said:

It might be a good idea to shorten OW battles to 75 or even 60 minutes and leave the PB's

In my opinion, the duration of 90 minutes of combat should remain, but there are breaks in it. Finally, all ships plus accessories were matched using this period of time. For me personally, a "half time" or 45 minutes would be enough. Ultimately, however, there are many PC users with physical limitations who need more frequent breaks. Therefore, I thought that a tripartition to 30 minutes was already an accommodation of mine.

Maybe it would be interesting of the game developers and @admin to talk about the "unreasonableness of too long compulsive game time" with experts 🙂

Meiner Meinung nach sollte die Dauer von 90 Minuten Kampfhandlung bleiben, aber es gehören Pausen hinein. Schließlich wurden alle Schiffe plus Zubehör mit Hilfe dieser Zeitdauer aufeinander abgestimmt. Mir persönlich würde eine "Halbzeit" bzw. 45 Minuten ausreichen. Letztendlich gibt es aber viele PC-Nutzer mit körperlichen Einschränkungen, welche auf häufigere Pausen angewiesen sind. Deshalb dachte ich, daß eine Dreiteilung auf 30 Minuten schon ein Entgegenkommen von mir sei.

Vielleicht wäre es von den Spielentwicklern und @admin interessant die "Unzumutbarkeit einer zu langen zwanghaften Spielzeitdauer" mit Experten zu bereden 🙂

PS: Replenished formulation see underlined text / Formulierungsnachtrag siehe unterstrichenen Text

Edited by JoeFried
formulation / Formulierung

Could introduce a vote in battle like "Ask for 5 minute time out". If a certain amount off players agree then the clock and players are frozen for 5 minutes. This option should only be available for players that have resonantly been in a 60+ minutes fight and after the current battle is closed for entry.

I see the use for this, but for me there are so many other things I would rather have the devs focus on. When I have to go afk I just go afk. If I have to do something in real life I log out. The ships are just pixels in a game..

2 hours ago, JoeFried said:

Unfortunately, the planning of 2 hours of games is not always enough

Then scale it up, plan the week. Plan the month. Or don't plan at all.

What I meant was - do not go into NA PvP server without 2 hours to spare.

You say 2 hours is not enough, but say that you need less time...

Personal hobby time is personal. Free to engage captain. Snappy salute.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hethwill the Harmless said:

What I meant was - do not go into NA PvP server without 2 hours to spare.

Yes - now I understand your previous statement and I agree with you completely right.

In addition, it should be considered that after the release of the game, the number of participants could quickly increase to more than 1000 players. It will then be increasingly difficult to get game interruptions, especially for business players. In my opinion, an economic game also includes PvP content. That's why I would like to find a just balance of both types of game on the same server. Again, this problem would be adequately supported by the introduction of human breaks within combat operations.

(German texts are always translated with the help of Google.) 

Ja - jetzt verstehe ich Deine vorherige Aussage und da gebe ich Dir auch völlig Recht.

Zusätzlich sollte bedacht werden, daß nach der Veröffentlichung des Spieles die Teilnehmerzahlen schnell auf permanent über 1000 Spieler ansteigen könnten. Es wird dann immer schwieriger werden Spielunterbrechungen zu erhalten vor allen Dingen für Wirtschaftsspieler. In meinen Augen gehören zu einem Wirtschaftsspiel auch PvP-Inhalte. Darum fände ich eine ausgewogene Zeitbalance beider Spielarten auf dem gleichen Server anstrebenswert. Auch dieses Problem würde durch die Einführung von humanen Pausen innerhalb von Kampfhandlungen adäquat unterstützt.