Xebex (Requin) 2.6 Surprise 3.9 Wasa 5.5
Meters
Bellona 6.55
Wasa 5.5
Cerberus 4
Surprise 3.9
Hercules 3.6
Xebec 2.6

Xebec of course needs to be able to join shallow water battles. we just did not want to open it right from the start

With us limit to one for right now, give it a week and maybe open it up to shallows.  We will do a test of a shallow port battle if folks want.  We have several ports with no timers we would be more than willing to do a weekend port battle.

3 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Why they got sunk? I thought you claimed the ship is a terminator 🤔

Well if I rememenber it was like 25 vs 16 or something....lol  We brought almost all Hercs.  I know french (EU) lost a few too.   They brought two when they attacked our port and one blew up the other had a ball of 6-8 Hercs on it.   Though I would love to see an equal number of them fight each other straight up.

24 minutes ago, admin said:

Xebec

What is the purpose of the 4x 2lb "chaser" guns since it can not load chain, please?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

What is the purpose of the 4x 2lb "chaser" guns since it can not load chain, please?

grape?

28 minutes ago, admin said:

We need to buff advanced 6th rates, hercules MUST NOT be the only king of shallows

Well, hurry up, because Hercules is the EMPEROR of shallow water PBs.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Looking at the point blank pen on the 2 pounder I imagine taking fire from them will be quite devastating, easy when pursuing 

1 minute ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Looking at the point blank pen on the 2 pounder I imagine taking fire from them will be quite devastating, easy when pursuing

Haven't tested it yet myself but having used the guns on the LGVR, I'd imagine it to be quite underwhelming since it is only 4... I hope you are right however.

2 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Haven't tested it yet myself but having used the guns on the LGVR, I'd imagine it to be quite underwhelming since it is only 4... I hope you are right however.

*meant to say raking fire

10 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

It's a good question. Perhaps they should for gameplay purposes. Historically we could not find references of small chained balls used on ships.

• Like 2

Just now, admin said:

It's a good question. Perhaps they should for gameplay purposes. Historically we could not find references of small chained balls used on ships.

I believe the 2 pounder can shoot "Fire Arrows" (barbed and coated in flammable material and used to set fire to sails).  Something a Xebec might carry...

• Like 3

Just now, Capn Rocko said:

Wouldn't a simple solution be to make the chasers 4pd instead? 

When I was loading the cannons I thought this too or have the option for either.  I did notice that if you get behind a ship it will pen and kill crew, without destroying the rear armor, but if I"m that close I'll just use ball or grape normally.  The range on it is the worse part as it's useless past 200M

Also the sails only have FULl or none optoin.  You can click battle sails but it does nothing.  There should be some other options for sails cause it's a pain to stop or slow down the ship. If I'm creapping up on some one I should be able to give the ship partial sails to slow down it's speed if needed.

One thing I like about Le Requin is his red sails, just imagine if we can have red sails in other ships... $$$

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Hey Admin can you tell us roughly how much will it cost?

IjkGuq5.jpg

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Also the sails only have FULl or none optoin.  You can click battle sails but it does nothing.  There should be some other options for sails cause it's a pain to stop or slow down the ship. If I'm creapping up on some one I should be able to give the ship partial sails to slow down it's speed if needed.

In the post it says this is a known issue and they are working on it...

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

When I was loading the cannons I thought this too or have the option for either.  I did notice that if you get behind a ship it will pen and kill crew, without destroying the rear armor, but if I"m that close I'll just use ball or grape normally.  The range on it is the worse part as it's useless past 200M

I have yet to test the ship yet (at work atm) does the ship have control perk? If not that could be another solution. 

2 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I have yet to test the ship yet (at work atm) does the ship have control perk? If not that could be another solution. 

I haven't checked it with any players yet, but it shouldn't cause it has the cannons on front.  The AI"s well they where AI's after all so anything within range keeps them in fight.  Though good thing to ask if they keep the 2lb's on.  

3 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Hey Admin can you tell us roughly how much will it cost?

We don't know yet. 

• Like 1

Xebec is the positive surprise of the day! I used this type back in the days of "Sea Dogs" as preferred ship.

Suppose the 'pirate rig refit' will affect this type of mediterranean sails?

Edit_

Alright I see the issue of latin sails being affected by jib sail upgrades has sufficiently been discussed already...

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac

25 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

One thing I like about Le Requin is his red sails, just imagine if we can have red sails in other ships... $$$

And i say that's the ugly part about the ship :D to have it on all ships would be just awful.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Would pay for red sails on my Constitution. 

3 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

It can load neither grape nor chain shot as far as I know...

I would just get rid of them then. 

An excellent ship to board !

In the beginning it was difficult for me to control the speed upwind.

It would be probably the best hunter and rageboarder if you could solve the issue of the determined defeder issue.

11 minutes ago, z4ys said:

And i say that's the ugly part about the ship :D to have it on all ships would be just awful.

Since when personal tastes are objective.

• Like 1