Game-Labs Forum
admin

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

1 hour ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

Any update on this yet? I feel the majority of NA player base are waiting for these updates to drop. (myself included)

I stoped playing will return when new stuff arrives.

But i daily check forums

55 minutes ago, Lovec1990 said:

I stopped playing will return when new stuff arrives.

But i daily check forums

Many do the same. 

What's up devs? 20 - 30 days are nearly over. Can't wait the changes. Please give us information as things are now.

Edited by Peter Peacemaker
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peter Peacemaker said:

What's up devs? 20 - 30 days are nearly over. Can't wait the changes. Please give us information as things are now.

Ink has already said that at the end of the next week they will say something about the ETA.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:51 PM, Intrepido said:

Ink has already said that at the end of the next week they will say something about the ETA.

So you saying, we got an eta on a post about an eta.... lol

• Like 2

I would rather the patch come out working then come out early and screw up everything and have to have a server roll back like last crafting changes.

Although communication is always nice.

Edited by Aster
  • Like 2

On 5/4/2018 at 3:26 PM, admin said:

Building productions and costs will also reduce according to conversion rates.

I want to move my production buildings, shipyards and workshops...  would it be more beneficial to me to do this before the patch or after implementiong or doesn't it matter at all ( in terms of building prices ) ?

It should cost the same before and after, only the amount of 'Gold' you have and the amount of 'Gold' it costs to build a building might have changed. The ratio of your riches to building cost will be the same if I understood the dev's OP correctly

just had a look only 114 on line the player base again dropping because uncertainty about timeline for next change witch has well and truly past. if you have problems talk to us we can understand problems but not silence...…….

3 hours ago, adriancairns said:

if you have problems talk to us we can understand problems but not silence...…….

There are no problems only the time needed to complete the work needed to release a completed patch.

I don't understand the need to be spoonfed.

• Like 1

Dear developpers,

I think you were write the crafting needs a refactoring, but on my opinion this is the wrong direction.

For people who want to sail a ship after a 3 clicks - therefore their is a shop !

The huge richness of details belonging to ship crafting was the charme of this game and makes it comfortable not only for doom- but also for anno-players. If you remove the intermediate materials there is no longer any challenge in managing the crafting and every 7-year-old midshipman could handle crafting a Victory.

When I walk through the shipyard I could smell the teak planks and see the reflection of my petroleum lamp in the gold of the furnishings.

I fear in the future I only smell the the plastic of my keypad and my mouse.

A pity, just another software whith a bunch of missed chances.

What will be next, a 'Kill-Button' which appears after 1 minute of NPC-battles to decrease the mouse-clicks at sea ?

Edited by Schwabbel
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Schwabbel said:

Dear developpers,

I think you were write the crafting needs a refactoring, but on my opinion this is the wrong direction.

For people who want to sail a ship after a 3 clicks - therefore their is a shop !

The huge richness of details belonging to ship crafting was the charme of this game and makes it comfortable not only for doom- but also for anno-players. If you remove the intermediate materials there is no longer any challenge in managing the crafting and every 7-year-old midshipman could handle crafting a Victory.

When I walk through the shipyard I could smell the teak planks and see the reflection of my petroleum lamp in the gold of the furnishings.

I fear in the future I only smell the the plastic of my keypad and my mouse.

A pity, just another software whith a bunch of missed chances.

What will be next, a 'Kill-Button' which appears after 1 minute of NPC-battles to decrease the mouse-clicks at sea ?

You sir are the only person who I've seen vocally announce there love for the amount of stupid stupid items in the game. Majority rule on the subject is crafting involves far to much pointless micro.

From my point of view the game is focused on combat and the time spent dividing up stacks of matts to build your ships is wasted combat time. Removing the middle step is an incredibly necessary step to streamlining wasted areas of the game and bring them forward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schwabbel said:

Dear developpers,

Captain, unfortunately intermediate crafting provided no challenge but only clicks. You still will need to gather all resources (from buildings or NPC stores) but amount of intermediate clicks will be reduced.

As we have said earlier, the patch is delayed, it will be released this month (June), more information about date will follow this week.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, jodgi said:

There are no problems

I heard that admin mentioned on stream comments that something with patch work was messed up causing the delay, so it's hard saying there are no problems lol

1 hour ago, Ink said:

Captain, unfortunately intermediate crafting provided no challenge but only clicks. You still will need to gather all resources (from buildings or NPC stores) but amount of intermediate clicks will be reduced.

As we have said earlier, the patch is delayed, it will be released this month (June), more information about date will follow this week.

Ink you are wrong.   People who 100% PVP may see it as a waste of time, but those of us who play a more balanced style of PVP, trading and crafting DO enjoy the stacks of logs and intermediate materials.  It’s adds a level of depth to the game that you are about to totally gut.   It’s not that bad to click a few extra times.   If anything just reduce SOME of the earlier processes but gutting the intermediate while may seem like a good idea to some, isn’t really a feature add or value to me.  We want the intermediate materials and thousands of logs.  It makes you feel like you own something.  

ive been dying to say this.  I think this patch is misguided while good in its intention you’re about to remove an important part of the game to save a certain niche a few clicks.   The point about buying NPC or precrafted ships by others if you don’t want to click whole a lot when crafting is VALID! 

Edited by Tsizzle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tsizzle said:

Ink you are wrong.   People who 100% PVP may see it as a waste of time, but those of us who play a more balanced style of PVP, trading and crafting DO enjoy the stacks of logs and intermediate materials.  It’s adds a level of depth to the game that you are about to totally gut.   It’s not that bad to click a few extra times.   If anything just reduce SOME of the earlier processes but gutting the intermediate while may seem like a good idea to some, isn’t really a feature add or value to me.  We want the intermediate materials and thousands of logs.  It makes you feel like you own something.  

ive been dying to say this.  I think this patch is misguided while good in its intention you’re about to remove an important part of the game to save a certain niche a few clicks.   The point about buying NPC or precrafted ships by others if you don’t want to click whole a lot when crafting is VALID! 

I see your point but since we can only have one or the other I would rather not waste my time with clicking buttons needlessly and cluttering my already limited storage only so hardcore roleplaying dudes like you get their extra layer of immersion with crafting...

5 minutes ago, Tsizzle said:

It’s not that bad to click a few extra times.   If anything just reduce SOME of the earlier processes but gutting the intermediate while may seem like a good idea to some, isn’t really a feature add or value to me.  We want the intermediate materials and thousands of logs.  It makes you feel like you own something.  

I recommend you playing some clicker games like clicker heroes or http://www.decisionproblem.com/paperclips/ . For all the others out there every unnecessary click is a waste of gametime that decreases the amount of time you could do some more fun stuff... like playing in naval battles or be on OW. Only because we might get rid of intermediate materials does not mean that ships will become less worthy.

It was also a bit like ship crafting history lesson, in what's needed in quantities. For dedicated ship crafters, it cannot be 'complicated' or 'micro-management' enough. And when I imagine how this could have evolved if we steered into the opposite direction, by making each category of ship parts dependent on quality - all summing up in a unique ship at the end - I am even close to feeling very sorry for 'simplification' in terms of 'fewer clicks'...

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

Those sportsmen type gamers who don't care a bit about sailing ships and whom you could also give cars, tanks, planes or extraterrestial dust if it only served for making 'marks' and 'points' and prevailing over some other sportsmen types on leadership rankings - those are the click-happy supporters of such simplification. But how long are they going to stay faithful to this game?

And isn't there a ship shop in every port to give them on one click what they want?

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

I thought 100% PVP was going to be Naval Action Legends... can’t they get their simplification there?   Why can’t we have our cake and eat it too?   What if we want BOTH?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

I heard that admin mentioned on stream comments that something with patch work was messed up causing the delay, so it's hard saying there are no problems lol

It's a manner of speaking. I merely point at things may pop up and they need to be fixed, it's part of the normal. No need to get our panties in a bunch.

19 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Those sportsmen type gamers who don't care a bit about sailing ships and whom you could also give cars, tanks, planes or extraterrestial dust if it only served for making 'marks' and 'points' and prevailing over some other sportsmen types on leadership rankings - those are the click-happy supporters of such simplification. But how long are they going to stay faithful to this game?

And isn't there a ship shop in every port to give them on one click what they want?

Naval Action is not a click hero type game, click 1000 times "craft" button and win. Crafting could be more advanced, I have no issues with that but:

1. What difference it makes if you have all resources ready and you need to click 50 times craft or 1 time craft? All resources are ready in port

2. So many materials and resources take too much window space in private and clan warehouse. You need to sort 20-30 items, you keep losing them, can't find one particular one, no window space on ship to carry all of them

3. More simple crafting & ship building is more newbie player friendly. Crafting does not require any skill at the moment. Step 1 Gather resources in one port. Step 2 Click craft. New players will love it for sure. Dozens of materials is just confusing.

Edited by Banished Privateer
  • Like 2

This morning I made 15 Pirate Rig refits.

I had to craft the fir first - just a couple of clicks...  Then make Rigging Parts - the game only allows 64 rigging parts at a time.  I needed 450, so a couple of clicks each time taking 7 or 8 seconds for each attempt - 1 wasted minute...   Then I crafted 15 pirate rig refits - the game only allows me to make 1 at a time - so  30 clicks and several more wasted minutes.  All to make 15 pirate rig refits.  Yawn....  crafting is tedious and wasteful of time.  

• Like 1