Game-Labs Forum

Community Representatives.

6 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

When you look at the mods you chose there were a lot of rumours that some of them got kicked because they had a different opinion, to prevent those rumours again I would prefer a community vote.

What should these guys do? Giving you input from the community, so that you change your priorities from time to time to fix for the community broken or annoying stuff. Especially after big patches there is often really broken stuff in the game which doesnt get looked at for months. I hope those things get adressed earlier.

My votes are for @rediii @Havelock and @Otto Kohl

I some times wonder how they pic Mods, we have had them in the past just pop up no one ever seen the player before and they act like they know every thing when they know very little of the game, or they are to busy doing there own RP actions to actually mod when folks get out of line.  I would like to suggest while we are on the topic look at national Mods that are active.  Each nation should have one or two mods to help keep chat clean and folks in line or even answer the simple questions that get asked all the time.  Hell up till the wipe global pretty much never had an active mod and than after the wipe the two we did have (I heard there was a third) either was busy playing and doing there own thing than they just stop showing up.   The only time I seen a MOD now is during EU time for the most part it seems the only active ones left in game.  So should look at some US time zone players and even hay the poor SEA/AU guys.  This goes the same for any CR's.  They need to be a few guys from the two main player times with maybe one or two off times representative for the SEA/AU players.  Hell even that dead server PvE that prob should just be merged into one server until they get to being free to come up with PvE content and stuff for that server.

As much as I have clashed with @rediii I would say he would be a good pick for CR cause he has actively posted a lot of good suggestion, changes and feed back.  As have the other, but the issue is some of them are not active right now and if they are to be CR's they should be active in game and on the forums too.

5 hours ago, Hethwill said:

maybe development pipeline is getting closer and closer to release ?

I mean... we all understand we still player-testers of a "unreleased" game, right ?

I think a lot of folks honestly forget all about this is a game in development and we are just that player testers until it's released.  A lot of stuff they avoid doing is cause the majority of the player base forget this.   I'm still surprised we don't have wipes more often to be honest or map resets, but to many folks complain.

13 hours ago, admin said:

Captains.

As we come closer to the release we need to add additional ways we gather feedback from the community.
One of the tools some MMOs use Community representatives who are elected by the community and have direct line to devs.  (referred there after as CR)

We think it would be a good idea and are looking for ideas on this

• What do you think could be a good method to elect such representative
    • (community vote, or appointment or merit (for example size of the clan, or new player retention in a clan - or a mix of all three)
  • What do you think should be the requirements for a CR?
  • What should be responsibilities for such CR?

Not a bad idea possibly a bit late but better late then never I suppose,

what do do we need in a CR, 

well need to have good language skills

need to be approachable (this is one of if not the most important aspect)

a good name regardless of nation within the community 

need to be able to listen to feed back and not skew it to see there own wants & needs with in the game, 

needs to know how to take info and feedback and put it constructively to the devs (I’ve seen so many good ideas ignored because of the delivery of the idea) 

And need to be active in both the game and the forum 

also need to be able to work in a group of people with different opinions 

Will also be good to get representatives across all the time zones to

as for how how do we pick these people I like the idea of the community putting forward names and a reason why they should be a representative and once we have a group put it to the devs to pick those who they feel most comfortable taking feedback from good or bad 

responsibilities 

should be literally getting feedback from the community and passing it onto the devs in a constructive manner the name says it all they represent us as a community 

no know one will meet all the credentials it’s not possible so people need to be put forward who meet as many credentials as possible and have a mix of them creating a small group who can discuss the feedback and put it forward 

i could name a lot of people in my opinion who would do a good job but I think you need to nail out what we expect of these representatives first

I agree, that ppl should have social skills, But if you ask me, there is things that are more important for devs to do, before getting ppl. That is that find out what game they want, then define whst areas they want feedback on. If you ask me Those players they choose should have a general interest in all  aspect, But also have maybe one focus, that suit there play style. What what areas could it be.

RvR,

PvP(group/single/revenge fleet)

Traiding

New players

Casual players

Clan vs single player dynsmic

Crafting

Content

just of my head. If we just take ppl  randomly we proberly end up where we basicly are now. Devs listen to the the few ppl as now.

Is that a good ore bad thing, well guess that depend is we think where the game and its development is a succes ore a failure.

Most people already said mostly everything but i will ad spmething:

-He must not be player who goes into starting capital and gank new players attacking AI

- He MUST understand that despite being PvP server it has also PvE aspect

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lovec1990 said:

Most people already said mostly everything but i will ad spmething:

-He must not be player who goes into starting capital and gank new players attacking AI

- He MUST understand that despite being PvP server it has also PvE aspect

Good one!

19 hours ago, Hethwill said:

maybe development pipeline is getting closer and closer to release ?

I mean... we all understand we still player-testers of a "unreleased" game, right ?

not all players understand this sadly :(

I would nominate myself if I would have more time, lol. I did trading, rvr, pve, crafting and rvr. Never got banned :)

Being serious now I would nominate @vazco, apart of meeting above he is the person that suggest always a lot of sensible solutions to the game. 

Edited by Cr33D

On 4/30/2018 at 1:26 PM, admin said:

Captains.

As we come closer to the release we need to add additional ways we gather feedback from the community.
One of the tools some MMOs use Community representatives who are elected by the community and have direct line to devs.  (referred there after as CR)

We think it would be a good idea and are looking for ideas on this

• What do you think could be a good method to elect such representative
    • (community vote, or appointment or merit (for example size of the clan, or new player retention in a clan - or a mix of all three)
  • What do you think should be the requirements for a CR?
  • What should be responsibilities for such CR?

You should choose method which fits to your goals. I can see a few potential goals:

1. Recognize people who are actively developing the community and give them a voice, incentivising others to do the same. 

In this case I'd advice to set some well defined rules of choosing a rep - eg. a clan which has a certain number of members for a certain amount of time and gets a certain amount of new members could vote one representative. It's important for it to be a vote, as official clan leaders and creators are not always people which lead clans. 

You should set rules which represent how you would like community leaders to work - probably not only reps, but many clan leaders will try to follow them (you can eg require a clan to train X members from rank A to rank Bin time Y) 

An ideal candidate here would be @rediii. It's not because he's a battle commander, but because he went to a nation which had issues in order to rebuild it and train new people. 

In my opinion you should however create rules for people like rediii to get selected, and not just choose him arbitrarily. In this way you avoid a trap of favorism, which could make reps excluded by the community. They have to have some legitimacy and vote gives it to them.

2. You may want to get a person which voices community concerns and is a "voice of the community" - which represents different views on the game. 

In this case a popular vote of a few candidates is a good idea. This way a few groups could get their candidates in (eg. PvPrs, RvR, PvE'rs), based on how many people from different groups there are. 

You can limit situations where someone is elected through a populistic voice or as a jester/troll by setting clear rules of what a rep should do and what are their duties. Those rules should be very clear and definite from the start, to avoid a feeling that whoever is chosen could be later disqualified by you due to personal reasons. 

You could probably link those two methods to get both goals accomplished. 

You should avoid appointing people yourself, as it would be seen as fake and would destroy legitimacy of such reps. It could also potentially cause you some PR trouble in the future if such rep overuses his position.

As for what reps should do - they should definitely listen to the community and actively represent them. I'd probably first select/vote people and then speak with them of how they would see their roles. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

I agree with what @vazco said, it should definitely be someone who makes this game better, they have the right mindset for this. @rediii is certainly a good candidate. 

It would also be best to have someone who more or less agrees with the direction this game is going, there is no point in having someone represent the community who wants to rewind half of the features.

It might be a good idea to have someone give feedback from the PvE server too, its not a popular server but they're also a community and I think there is a market for the PvE part of this game for sure, so might be worth taking in accoun their opinions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Joernson said:

I know only one person who would be able to do this job perfectly. But I think he is barley playing the game anymore.

@Jeheil

He would be a good voice for the SAE/AUS players even though they are very small part of our player base we still got a good number of them, but sadly he’s not active as far as I know currently.

• 3 months later...