Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

Btw, I saw in a post from someone from your faction, showing that  timezone setups, inconvenient for europeans, is intended and used to purpose to take advantage to win.

If you want proofs:

"5. It  (choosing the euro server) will probably afford our nation some added security as we are able to set port timers to benefit us and confound (good word choice... lol) our enemies. (Of course this has the bi-product of them doing the same thing and making it harder for us to attack them. We will see how it plays out.)"

Taken directly from one post from one of US clan leaders:

Link, post number 189: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1242-the-first-na-society-tattered-flags-is-now-recruiting/page-10#entry186033

I am willing to move on as Shelby insists we do after making one comment about the above quote. Everything else I could say has been said enough already.

There were numerous reasons we chose the EU server, and I'm talking here about TF. I speak for no other group. We chose this server for the following reasons and in order of most important to us to least.

1. We did not want to be a part of a zerg nation and we believed that is what would happen with the US faction on the NA server.

2. We have been operating on what is now known as the EU server since its foundation and I'm talking about way back with the original testers. Before any of you bought the game.

3. We have spent hours upon hours working alongside other groups on this server, building relationships, building rivalries, and building alliances.

4. "It  (choosing the euro server) will probably afford our nation some added security as we are able to set port timers to benefit us and confound (good word choice... lol) our enemies. (Of course this has the bi-product of them doing the same thing and making it harder for us to attack them. We will see how it plays out.)" - Notice I said "some added security" We never expected to be safe and we don't think we are safe now. Notice also, that I saw this as a disadvantage to us as well because other nations would likely set their timers to times less advantageous to us. That has happened.

5. This was very minor, but our friends (TDA)were planning to stay on the EU server as well. If they had chosen to go on the NA server then it may have caused us to think again about where we wanted to set up shop permanently. It very nice to operate alongside another competent, well managed group.

So you can believe if you want that we chose the EU server just to stick it to you but you would be wrong. Our decision was made based off of variables and the advantage/disadvantage of port timers was a minor reason.

Only a last post about this.

I do not agree with timer in european lunch time when nobody is playing, but something had to be done trying play your game. I have not decided any of that timers. It didn't work because you have players in all timezones, we not, ok, onjoy your parade along the coast.

Please don't make this into a timer discussion.

Yeah, let's not talk about how 4 spanish ports went full 'MURICA in the last 10 hours. 

Seriously, you have no idea the damage you are dealing to every single one of the new spanish players. 

"Oh, but they can switch faction!" << what if they just want to play as spaniard? The game experience for the ones that just started just got totally destroyed. La Habana is completely surrounded by enemy ports, and there's nothing we can do to change that because, say it with me.... THE FCKING TIMERS!

And please, tell me again about how you were the firsts to arrive to this game when it was pre-alpha and yadda yadda yadda and you MUST be in the PVP European server, even when the closer u were to European soil was that time u step on the Statue of Liberty.

Good riddance to everyone. 

• Like 3

Yeah, let's not talk about how 4 spanish ports went full 'MURICA in the last 10 hours. 

Seriously, you have no idea the damage you are dealing to every single one of the new spanish players. 

"Oh, but they can switch faction!" << what if they just want to play as spaniard? The game experience for the ones that just started just got totally destroyed. La Habana is completely surrounded by enemy ports, and there's nothing we can do to change that because, say it with me.... THE FCKING TIMERS!

And please, tell me again about how you were the firsts to arrive to this game when it was pre-alpha and yadda yadda yadda and you MUST be in the PVP European server, even when the closer u were to European soil was that time u step on the Statue of Liberty.

Good riddance to everyone. 

I don't say that you can't discuss timers at all, not in this post, if you payed attention and looked at my opinion in the discussion for it, you see that I agree that this is getting out of hand so please discuss it there, not in the post that is supposed to be politics.  ;)

• Like 3

Spanish. You set up Tolu for 4-6 am on eu server why you complain then about usa players? U lost it even on this time and will never take it back in future since we set up our primetime slot. Such a hypocrites.

Tolu was setted for a player that 2 hours later switched to Pirate Faction, and dismantled his guild. 

Do you see my point? 

• Like 1

Spanish. You set up Tolu for 4-6 am on eu server why you complain then about usa players? U lost it even on this time and will never take it back in future since we set up our primetime slot. Such a hypocrites.

The rescheduling of Tolu was for a person to annoy the Spanish faction change the capture timer.

What a coincidence that the same day he was attacked by the Dutch?

Pd:Sorry for my English

Edited by Adrianpixel

Perhaps if a big Spanish clan was not down in south America fighting a losing cause against the Dutch and British to hold their last 4 ports, then they would be able to defend their home port and region. (if rumor would have it this is just to relieve the pressure off the French so they can capture Dutch ports in the far east)

When the ports in Cuba were falling like dominoes today a fleet of Spanish ships was in game and fighting battles in south america. they would have been able to defend their capital if only they had been fighting in their own national interest not someone else's. Now the heart of their nation is gone! Its not the timers who are to blame, it is whoever is pulling the strings behind this bizarre and failing Spanish deployment. The Spanish players were in the server at the crucial time, just in the wrong place! lesson learned? Now I wonder who will be sent to aid the French, or will the Americans join in on the Dutch side and make things worse for our beleaguered Gallic adversaries? Whoever's grand plan this is falling apart must be pretty salty by now.

Edited by JCDC
  • Like 1

Perhaps if a big Spanish clan was not down in south America fighting a losing cause against the Dutch and British to hold their last 4 ports, then they would be able to defend their home port and region. (if rumor would have it this is just to relieve the pressure off the French so they can capture Dutch ports in the far east)

To the best of my knowledge there's no such agreement, there has been no such coordination, and we're merely refraining from attacking one another while each nation does its own thing.

Well IF my sources are incorrect then its really very odd that the Spanish have abandoned their home area, cutting off their new player base and support completely, just to hold a handful of fairly irrelevant ports and continue to put pressure on the Dutch. it just makes me wonder why they would do this and who benefits, its not the Spanish!

Anyway, its making for a very enjoyable war down there.

TBH as a Brit captain its is crazy why the Spanish left there home waters, oh well in other news (Roleplay hat on) the US British war is finally starting to begin, we might have failed that attack yesterday and we may not attack your ports again right away, but be aware and be afraid as you will see British Warships in your waters, We are coming to reclaim our lost colonies for the King. So be afraid you rebel scum. (Roleplay hat off). Seriously good fights last night guys, but mark my words WE WILL BE BACK :P

• Like 1