Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

It's sad but I didn't remove anything, I was trespassed and thats why im quitting it.

Read the first message please.

The purpose of the trimming was to focus the thread, the other RP content was detracting from your core original post.

Dont quit sir, if I may, can I suggest you perhaps start again with strict instructions that posts are to update alliances and political changes only?

Keep up the great work.... please ;)

• Like 1

I get your point, and if it was like that, that I write things down and people have to obey that, you are completly right.

But it isn't like that, I am in contact with the leaders of each nation's major clans, they tell me what is going on, and the major clans are most of the time working together with the smaller clans.

And that how I get the information for this topic, there will always be smaller clans and solo players who kill everything on sight, so be it.

But this topic covers the attitude of 3/4 of the people towards other nations, because that 3/4 is in the major clans and obey their policy's .

So if you just want to sink ships and not work together as a nation, then pirates is the way to go.

Because nations are their to work together as a team and that team has a policy towards other nations, and that is what is displayed here.

i hope what you write here works out as you want it to be. i just wrote what i think about makeing politics in a forums thread.

if the devs add some political tools and stuff to the game that would be sweet, i did not know about that, but i still dont know how it all should work out for real.

in your last sentence "...nations are their to work thogether as a team and so on...." you switch from "clans" to "nation", now here is where i have a problem, a clan is not a nation and just cause a clan is big it shouldnt be confused with a "nation" cause the clan is only part of it.

if the head of a nation(not clan) is not removed(detatched) from the "game", leaders may as well make politics for their own clan/gain and not to the benefit of the "nation".

nations leaders should be like "umpires", they should not be able to gain personal benefits from the whole thing, cause if they can they will sooner or later.

eventually all would crash down in a kindergarten like fashion with " ...but this leader did that first" and " ...but these guys did this and that" kinda arguments. cause the left arm does not know that the right arm does. as said a clan can not represent a full nation and its will, but only be part of it in my view.

in the end i hope all this works out better than i imagine it, if some political system could work it would be great, i just dont see what good it is if it can not reach out to each and everyone in a nation, while everyone in the nation could still go about killing our "allies" without repercussions.

Edited by jok83
  • Like 1

The Moderation Team is in contact with the OP.  A number of posts were hidden that maybe should not have been.  They have been hidden, not deleted.  The team is working with the OP to restore the thread to its former glory.

Please refrain from discussing Moderation in the open forums.  I believe you should see this thread come back in the next day or so.

Easy, because don't matter how many people is in Spain faction, Us, Pirates and Brits will have too many more... and the language issue is great in Spain chat, like in the Danish chat.

And Spain faction is in the middle of the fray. US in the north, Pirates in the North and East, Danes in the East, Dutch in the South and British in the South too.

I only take in count if Spain is only Cuba, I don't count with the over extension problem worst.

As a pervious captan stated, this is due to over expansion. the Spaniards can retreat to the Yucatan area and base operations out of there. The US started with only a few ports! Let's not even talk about the poor Swedes!

The countries aren't all going to have an equal number of players. Get over it please.

• Like 1

As a pervious captan stated, this is due to over expansion. the Spaniards can retreat to the Yucatan area and base operations out of there. The US started with only a few ports! Let's not even talk about the poor Swedes!

The countries aren't all going to have an equal number of players. Get over it please.

The post you quoted was 15 days ago. Now I am too bored and yes, I got over it long time ago as many of our players did too. I will try explain you anyways:

The problem now is US taking our ports while we are sleeping. Is like fight with a ghost. We simply wake up with less and less ports without can to make something about it. It's like to live in a Freddy Krueger's movie but in Naval Action.

We can ask ourselves why only two nations had exceptionaly grew their territory. Dutch and US. Why Dutch, where they didn't had opposition were able to take less ports than US? USA had opposition from a entire nation, one french clan and some pirates, but they taked many more ports than Dutch and more important, they only losed 1!! The answer is that, timezone, not Don's being a clumsy nation or idiotic players or even our strategy or diplomatic game.

Then we realize US can play in eurotime while their ports are protected with 4-6 timezone. At first we set ports in the hour all people can play and you demostrated you can play in that time taking that ports.

I think this is a MMO game, not a turn based strategy game with one faction's arm tied in their back.

The problem is not the recruitment because we can't to force to anyone in America or Asia or Australia to choose Spain. The fact is US can play in eurotime, they demostrated that taking many ports in eurotime. 

I am not speaking about we need to win easy, we want only to play a game with someone, but someone who is playing at same time. Really you have people to play in your hour? Really you have fun taking ports in PvE without make PvP gaming?

As to me concerns, if it was for me I would turn all spanish ports we have now in 4-6 am range and you can make parade taking uncontested ports while I go to play with someone to other area/server until you get all map.

Other nations don't to see this problem yet. When the green tide knock at their door, they probably will say the same that Dons are saying now.

And before some of you begin with the same I read before... I don't hate US country or players. I want to play all together in the same server, but to play with someone at same time, not while sleep. 

• Like 2

Your statements are mostly valid ones Siegfried. There are American players making moves when you are asleep, but I think the problem is more complex than that. There are a lot of people playing as Spanish. I have fought and killed a whole lot of Spain players during American prime time. They are plentiful. What I see a Nation lacking in unity. The Euro Spain players seem to work with each other fairly well. There are lots of North American Spain players. Are they working with you towards the same goals? There is a whole group of Russian Spain players. Are they working on the same goals you are? Is Spain concentrating the numbers they have on a single area and strategy, or are they spread out? The gains US has made have actually been carried out by a fairly small number of players. I think the difference is unity and drive more than time zone. It is hard fighting a faction off time zone, but this is not the only place it is happening on the map, and the US is not going to sweep across the whole map as you are suggesting. We are simply not nearly big enough to do anything like that. Spain needs to pick a place to be and get the whole nation unified on a single strategy.

• Like 2

Siegfried,

I feel your pain. The US went through a similar smashing prior to steam release. It is frustrating. I would hate to see you get so discouraged that you and others in your nation just stop playing. Many in the US before the wipe did just that. They stopped playing because their was nothing they could do against flips while they were offline. It made it very difficult for the players that remained to mount any defense. The Brits started by flipping ports when we were offline but by the end we had lost so many players due to demoralization and the understanding that a wipe was coming that they could hit us in our prime time with little resistance.

I have learned from this game and from being one of the leading US clans that it is important to make good decisions and to work with others. Where, when and how you attack is important but also who you make friends with. I will double down on what CHustler said and give you another perspective of the Spanish by an active US group. We don't want you to feel like there isn't a way out of your dilemma.

1. Spain appears to be spread out. - I know of groups in the gulf, on Cuba and down by the Dutch. Spain needs to centralize and accept the loss of some territory. Become stronger and then begin to expand again. But expand on defensible lines. Right now, your territory is undefendable without a super large player group

2. Work together. Your clans need to communicate and work as one. You will always fail before an organized group if you are not organized.

3. Politics - Spain is woefully lacking in worthy diplomats and it has led to many of the losses you face now and will face in the future. Right now Spain is a silent nation to me. There is no one I want to talk with there. The last meeting I had with a Spaniard resulted in me being told to 'stop talking' and that I was speaking 'nonsense'. I was given no counter proposal, no explanation of why my request was so bad, or ways to improve it. It was simply "hell no, leave me alone."  How can your nation expect to coexist with hostile countries when they can't even talk civilly when approached?

I suggest Spain reopen negotiations with their hostile border neighbor but this must be done as a unified country and not minor groups within it.

4. Use your allies better. You are in a state of retreat at the moment. Where are you retreating to? More ports without timers? To me you have two directions to retreat to. The gulf where you will still have a nation you are at war with on both of your flanks or Southern Cuba where you would have an allied nation on two flanks and only have to guard against your enemies in the pass. Next, you need your British allies to flip some of your ports but not set the timers. This will allow you to take the port back and set your own timer. Do that with the whole southern coast of Cuba.

5. Set your port timers on the ports in the area you call home to the best possible times for your nation. The ones close to home should be the hardest to take. If you then want to expand and set timers to encourage more action than so be it.

I don't think the position of the Spanish is a hopeless one. You all need to make some humble, hard, and unified decisions to regain stregnth. Its up to you if you all have the character to do that.

• Like 3

afaik spain has brits as friends/overlords. simple solution could be abusing current mechanics and flip-floping important ports with brits to set timers.

i like the way how the game mechanics forces people to play metagame, actually.

You know what's funny, the U.S. offered in an act of friendship to do this very thing for the Spanish so that they could set their own port timers. This was right after the wipe. We were rudely told to go to hell and that they would be declaring war on us. And look where the Spanish are now.

You know what's funny, the U.S. offered in an act of friendship to do this very thing for the Spanish so that they could set their own port timers. This was right after the wipe. We were rudely told to go to hell and that they would be declaring war on us. And look where the Spanish are now.

Yes, we are now playing and having fun a real game with Dutch, who actually is playing at same timezone. Happy uncontested parades guys.

As I said before, diplomacy must not be affected by broken mechanics. You have "the timezone Bomb", ok we gave up and surrended and went to play to another place.

• Like 2