Game-Labs Forum

Political Situation (PvP 1 EU)

BramtheDutch

i would love the devs handle this "officially" like they roll dice every now and than, between every few weeks to months or so....and bring out a statement-> "declaration of war", "peace treaties"/"ceasefires".

than we have for like X amount of time peace between some nations and war between others.

to keep separate alliances with clans and nations while all nations are at war, may work for some clan individuals, but never on a theatre wide front. for that it need to be official in the game. so you when you at peace with a nation you get pirate when you attack em. just like expected.

i would love that very much.

It's useless to negotiate with Spain. They don't have their own national policy. They hope that the British will help them hold their empire together, meanwhile the Brits take spanish ports left and right. They are not Britain's allies, there's another, harsher word for this.

• Like 1

I'll remind you in pre wipe we had a good working relationship against the pirate scourge, however elements within your group told me that they wanted war with us 'the SLRN' and they instigated it. Post wipe I've seen nothing on these forums but drum beating and constant calls for the ending of British tyranny. Does that sound like the basis of a good working relationship again? For us nothing has changed, we see the same old attitude from the USN and will deal with it in the same old way.

Your memory and logic is amazingly deficient Charles.

We were at war. We had a common enemy and chose to cease hostilities until are common concerns were addressed. The agreement had an expiration date, at the end of that expiration neither of us came and asked for an extension so it expired. USN players declared the end of the agreement before being aggressive which was the honorable thing to do.

Nothing in this lacks integrity. None of this is stabbing someone in the back. None of it is dishonest. And all of it was pre-wipe.

You claim that pre-wipe arrangements apply to post-wipe. Well you should talk closely with your "allied" friends then because they don't see it the same way. Hypocrisy!!!  We had a non-aggression pact with the Dons, now they are conspiring against us with you and have done so from the beginning. We at TF had the same with the Swedes, now they (according to you) are willing to wage war with us on behalf of you and your allied group. Don't give me this BS about relations before the wipe. Almost none of them are the same.

• Like 1

I also will remind the British that prewipe they attacked several of our players before we attacked them, in fact, before the NAP ended.

I will remind the Spanish that the Olive Branch was offered to them without threats before we took a Spanish Port.  Once they declined, they lost half of Florida (for the most part).  We offered it to you, and instead you sent Spanish players up onto the Georgian Coast (again, before we took a Spanish port).

Obviously the US and Spanish are hostile to each other, if not in all out war.

Britain and the US, according to the leader of Tattered Flags, from a US point of view, is hostile since we have no actual contact at the moment.  Not sure why a PM is needed, when it was said in this thread.

Yellow ports are spanish ports. You attacked first, period.

Maybe your googles's glass is blue coloured then you had confused yellow as green colour.

If you want exchange ports, make the offer before, not now when the port is stolen and the aggression is done.

Is difficult go to negotiate with someone that first take and then he wants to speak.

If you 'd just taken only neutral (grey) ports, then your bulling would sounded a little more as a "reasonable approach from reasoable people".

What the heck is that "manifest destiny" you said many times? I only see a map with coloured points, and yellow are spanish.

• Like 1

This conflict of Terminology going on has directly effected the Free people of the Republic of France.  We are attempting to conduct free trade that will benefit all nations in and around the Gulf.  How is this aggressive behavior from the USN good for trade and economic development?   TF members are blockading New Orleans and surrounding ports.  Yesterday, and Tonight a goodly number of yanks were harassing our shipping and keeping our Capitaines from building a better America.  Why this aggression to the very people who aided you most when you needed it?  If it wasn't for the French people do you think you'd even have a Navy?  No, because there would have been no blockade of Yorktown!  In the name of the Republic of France, I would like to know what the USN is trying to do by disrupting normal maritime operations within the Gulf?  There is a presence of French in the Gulf and the major USN clans are aware of this.  I can only assume you've decided that the French people no longer need to be in Louisiana?  I place a charge with all good and honorable nations present: The USN is sending squadrons in force and are attacking lone capitaines, and even capitaines teamed up in small groups with overwhelming force.  The Idea of an honorable fight is lost on some members of USN clans.  I have personally seen this done by TF members.  When I say overwhelming force, I mean 3-1, or 9-1.  Renomee and Cebs are attacking Brigs, and Niagara's.  They are attacking Snows and Mercs.  Isn't this the very definition of ganking with overwhelming odds.  I ask the Spanish, British, Dutch, Sweds, and even the USN to judge whether this constitutes an honorable action? 

I can understand if France was in a state of War with the US, but last I checked we weren't.  Now after playing diplomatic catch up I'm going to assume the USN feels because they are at a war like state with the RN, it means all of the Republic of France is along for the ride?  USN please explain your intentions, and why you are blockading ports against The Republic of France?!?

Not the republic of france. Just British SLRN players pretending to be french.

Not sure i can agree on the ethics of an uuber large clan spanning multiple nations

I have never nor would I ever play under the Royal Navy Banner Sir.  I am a player who speaks English, but only plays for France.  To be clear, and this is something you would know if you looked at SL website, The alliance with the RN is an alliance of mutual benefit.  We are men of our Word just like the Honorable Spanish Capitaine.  At the moment we are allied with the RN and if something happens down the line, and ties break apart, as they do at time, then France will look towards French interest.  You Sir are creating your own excuse to attack the Republic of France.  This attack only drives the members of our alliance closer together.  If you had an ounce of diplomatic skill, you would see that your words are only working to keep us together not apart.  I know you feel your strong enough to take on the entire world, and the only one that is capable of doing that is our Emperor himself!!!  He to, knows you need allies, and must liberate the oppressed.  By your words you are risking tyranny, and hardship for your own people, and the Leaders of our Republic hate to see suffering of our fellow humans.  I can't believe that the majority of your citizens feel that a conflict against all the world powers is good?  No, your people I'm sure fear the lost of food and trade, which the French excel at providing their citizens.  Go look at the website, and you will see.. you know what I will copy past it here for you

"The call goes out for all able-bodied souls to come to the aid of Marine Francaise to keep all enemies at bay. The enemies of France are many, our friends are few. Sea Lords Marine Francaise, (SLMFr), ask only that you are willing to sail and fight in an atmosphere of respect and are willing to accept English as the working language of the fleet.  French knowledge is great and antagonizes les anglaise no end.

Our members are world wide for all fleets. Our guns do the talking…..afterwards we relax over a few in the Dog & Duck In. We are a casual fleet who are here to have fun. But make no mistake mes amis…the French Channel will be a stepping stone to Kent, and one day their children will sing  La Marsellaise in their school rooms.

Viv l’Roi…  Viv l’France!"

I still await the word of the other honorable members of the world court to rule on my charge against the USN clans for less then Honorable actions.  To add know we know for certain that TDA is apart of this growing list of confirmed clans

Edited by nakorbc
  • Like 1

i would love the devs handle this "officially" like they roll dice every now and than, between every few weeks to months or so....and bring out a statement-> "declaration of war", "peace treaties"/"ceasefires".

than we have for like X amount of time peace between some nations and war between others.

to keep separate alliances with clans and nations while all nations are at war, may work for some clan individuals, but never on a theatre wide front. for that it need to be official in the game. so you when you at peace with a nation you get pirate when you attack em. just like expected.

i would love that very much.

Since the economy and politics are player based I don't think that this is a good idea, the player based politics are what makes this game fun.

They make it realistic because players react as humans and that is how politics work, it's not just rolling a dice.

Yellow ports are spanish ports. You attacked first, period.

Maybe your googles's glass is blue coloured then you had confused yellow as green colour.

If you want exchange ports, make the offer before, not now when the port is stolen and the aggression is done.

Is difficult go to negotiate with someone that first take and then he wants to speak.

If you 'd just taken only neutral (grey) ports, then your bulling would sounded a little more as a "reasonable approach from reasoable people".

What the heck is that "manifest destiny" you said many times? I only see a map with coloured points, and yellow are spanish.

I concede that we attacked Spanish ports first on the Coast of Florida. The dons had been sending small groups up our coast for over a week, harassing our players. Before the wipe we had a long conversation with the Dons as I have already hinted at. The same Dons from RAE that are posting here. We discussed boundaries with them at that time for post wipe cooperation. The Dons were fully aware of our intentions for Florida and began taking every port that was open for them to take which wasn't many but still within the territory that RAE was fully aware that our intentions were to claim. We immediately saw this as an act of aggression and you guys know quite well that it was. It was your way of saying that we are not gonna let you grow.

In the American Civil War, the blame is usually placed on South Carolina for firing the first shot at Ft. Sumter but this is not the full story. There had been an agreement between the Federal gov't and South Carolina to leave Ft Sumter alone while negotiations were in progress. The stipulation for the agreement was that the fort was not to be resupplied or reinforced. Before the firing on Ft. Sumter the Union sailed a floatilla of ships in violation of the agreement so South Carolina seized Fort Sumpter as history records. The aggression was started by the federal gov't by the breaking of an agreement during negotiations.

The point is that aggression comes in many forms. It started in this case when the Spanish started attacking our shipping and continued by taking the only ports we could expand into and trying to pigeon hole us into ports far away from any interaction with others. And all this was done with fore thought. The dons could easily have expanded into the gulf. There are lots of unclaimed islands and ports and the upper Yucatan isn't really dominated by one nation or another. Yet, they chose to push in on us. You don't see that as aggression??

At the beginning of the map we were friendly or neutral. Don players within a day or two turned that into neutral/hostile. We continued that trend by taking back some Florida ports. Most negotiations are done after blood is spilt and not before so waiting till some ports of yours have been taken is not unreasonable but it doesn't matter because your analysis is wrong. We went to the Dons just before the wipe and offered the olive branch. They didn't come to us. We attempted to negotiate a post wipe agreement in the days leading up to it so we did exactly what you claim we didn't do.

Still, we have chosen to be magnanimous and have left Cuba to you. We still hold out the olive branch. So don't pretend to have the moral authority when you are rejecting our offer of peace everyday.

• Like 1

This conflict of Terminology going on has directly effected the Free people of the Republic of France.  We are attempting to conduct free trade that will benefit all nations in and around the Gulf.  How is this aggressive behavior from the USN good for trade and economic development?   TF members are blockading New Orleans and surrounding ports.  Yesterday, and Tonight a goodly number of yanks were harassing our shipping and keeping our Capitaines from building a better America.  Why this aggression to the very people who aided you most when you needed it?  If it wasn't for the French people do you think you'd even have a Navy?  No, because there would have been no blockade of Yorktown!  In the name of the Republic of France, I would like to know what the USN is trying to do by disrupting normal maritime operations within the Gulf?  There is a presence of French in the Gulf and the major USN clans are aware of this.  I can only assume you've decided that the French people no longer need to be in Louisiana?  I place a charge with all good and honorable nations present: The USN is sending squadrons in force and are attacking lone capitaines, and even capitaines teamed up in small groups with overwhelming force.  The Idea of an honorable fight is lost on some members of USN clans.  I have personally seen this done by TF members.  When I say overwhelming force, I mean 3-1, or 9-1.  Renomee and Cebs are attacking Brigs, and Niagara's.  They are attacking Snows and Mercs.  Isn't this the very definition of ganking with overwhelming odds.  I ask the Spanish, British, Dutch, Sweds, and even the USN to judge whether this constitutes an honorable action? 

I can understand if France was in a state of War with the US, but last I checked we weren't.  Now after playing diplomatic catch up I'm going to assume the USN feels because they are at a war like state with the RN, it means all of the Republic of France is along for the ride?  USN please explain your intentions, and why you are blockading ports against The Republic of France?!?

Forgive me if I don't role play with you here. I am finding that it confuses the issue. It can be difficult sometimes to decipher the seriousness of ones words vs role play bluster. I will speak plainly when discussing contentious issues.

The day before this post, I was ganked by GRB a french clan in Louisiana. The US players had said that the French had been neutral to them and they hadn't had any problems with them. So when we were shadowed by a lone frigate we didn't think much of it. We were then ambushed after leaving the free town nearby. They played a good game and my hats off to them but this was our first foray into the waters around Louisiana and we were met with force. For the protection of our players in that area you can rest assured that we won't allow that to go unanswered and it sound like we didn't.

Whats interesting is that your own ally, Spain took one of your ports up there yesterday. So I've been told. If this is correct then it seems that your own ally is not happy with your free trade arrangements with the Americans in the area.

You must also consider, that it has been stated quite forcibly in this thread that all of Britians allies are willing to wage war against us in defense of each other. You are one of those allies. You are wrapped up in the aggression displayed by the Brits and the Dons by simple association. That is the bed you chose to lie in.

If you want to talk then private message me. We don't negotiate in public. I'm more than willing to discuss matters with you. You will find me, most agreeable in spite of what the Caldwell's of the world would try to lead you to believe.

I concede that we attacked Spanish ports first on the Coast of Florida. The dons had been sending small groups up our coast for over a week, harassing our players. Before the wipe we had a long conversation with the Dons as I have already hinted at. The same Dons from RAE that are posting here. We discussed boundaries with them at that time for post wipe cooperation. The Dons were fully aware of our intentions for Florida and began taking every port that was open for them to take which wasn't many but still within the territory that RAE was fully aware that our intentions were to claim. We immediately saw this as an act of aggression and you guys know quite well that it was. It was your way of saying that we are not gonna let you grow.

In the American Civil War, the blame is usually placed on South Carolina for firing the first shot at Ft. Sumter but this is not the full story. There had been an agreement between the Federal gov't and South Carolina to leave Ft Sumter alone while negotiations were in progress. The stipulation for the agreement was that the fort was not to be resupplied or reinforced. Before the firing on Ft. Sumter the Union sailed a floatilla of ships in violation of the agreement so South Carolina seized Fort Sumpter as history records. The aggression was started by the federal gov't by the breaking of an agreement during negotiations.

The point is that aggression comes in many forms. It started in this case when the Spanish started attacking our shipping and continued by taking the only ports we could expand into and trying to pigeon hole us into ports far away from any interaction with others. And all this was done with fore thought. The dons could easily have expanded into the gulf. There are lots of unclaimed islands and ports and the upper Yucatan isn't really dominated by one nation or another. Yet, they chose to push in on us. You don't see that as aggression??

At the beginning of the map we were friendly or neutral. Don players within a day or two turned that into neutral/hostile. We continued that trend by taking back some Florida ports. Most negotiations are done after blood is spilt and not before so waiting till some ports of yours have been taken is not unreasonable but it doesn't matter because your analysis is wrong. We went to the Dons just before the wipe and offered the olive branch. They didn't come to us. We attempted to negotiate a post wipe agreement in the days leading up to it so we did exactly what you claim we didn't do.

Still, we have chosen to be magnanimous and have left Cuba to you. We still hold out the olive branch. So don't pretend to have the moral authority when you are rejecting our offer of peace everyday.

I am happy to see a continued attempts at negotiation here! I would like to see overtures made towards the French Republic as well via SLMFr. As I have stated in the above post our capitaines are simply trying to develop trade, crafting, economic growth, and the drilling of our mariners. We would like to have our Louisiana territory colonies where we can continue this progress. As all US players know the people of France have always held a place in our hearts for your struggles and freedoms. The Republic would like that same respect and understanding to exist once again. Dropping role play

Honestly gentmem of the USN and its major clans TDA, TF, etc can we start a dialog here where players that want to enjoy a historical role in the golf with France can? FL is a contest between you and Spain. As of now, as far as I'm aware, the RN and Spain have not asked the French to get involved. I know pre-wipe everyone was use to EDR isolation and influence mainly to the SE of the map. With the launch of steam EA there is a larger player base coming in from the United States that would like to play our historical ally, I am one of those. There are a lot of new players joining NA as we speak (just look at the steam charts) and it would be nice if they had the ability to gain some XP before 3 squads of frigates ranging in strength blockade our ports. Doing this forces our new players to spend time in a port or losing progress by staying up wind of your squads. Chasing them across the map from east to west is another issue. I am fully aware this is a military sandbox mmo. I am simply asking that you understand a good portion of the new player base is still learning and running around in 7/6th rates. I will reach out to you all individually to see if even a temporary arrangement can be made.

Back to role play.

A beneficial agreement can be reached by both our governments, and such a cessation of hostilities will allow both our nations to grow and become that much more competitive on the would stage. You must see that if the pyrates decide to raid the east coast in force or challenge your move to control FL, having a French fleet to push back their attempts would only help you. The Republic of France in LA also gives you a buffer zone from the Spanish cutting off your holding on western FL. Please send our request to your state department with all haste Sirs.

Arhhh yes the infamous TDA Diplomacy at work again.... great work! ;)

Ahhh,  yes, Charles.  That I was the one person who sided with Northern in that we should work with the British pre-wipe....  That we should protect your ports from Pirate attack, that we came several times when you guys were late in response....  And I was the one saying that it should be re-evaluated post wipe....  But alas, Charles' pride hurt from recruitment posters and maybe a few other role playing items blinds him into continually attacking us verbally and refusing to even downgrade hostilites from "war," which requires action, to "hostile," which doesn't require action and is suited to the current state of non action.  Let us consider what the British of the time period would have done.  Would they, in war, not send a Fleet to the US coast to blockade us in?  No, they would send a fleet even though it meant real life danger to the real sailors and real ships, instead of the fake danger we have in the game.

Let us consider our alliance with the Dutch.  Let us consider our past actions with the British, in coming to their defense numerous times beyond it is able to count, of our working with people such as Manuva and others, who are truly great, and how many times the British came to our aide, which was only once when we got up to the neck full of Swedes at Gustavia, several, several months ago, over half a year ago.  In fact, we suffered the wrath of admin for working WITH YOU and massacring pirates.  The only thing the Brits have ever done for us that I can remember is that long ago war with the Swedes when the Rakers were the major clan, before they even went pirate and then turned Dutch.  It is sad, to such an extent, that I actually no longer consider the Rakers in an ill light, and look on the ganks of SLRN, which greatly outstrip any of the early ganks by the Rakers.

And as for British Alliances, let us consider how many French and Spanish ports, British Allies, have been taken by SLRN, and let us consider how many Danish or Dutch ports has been taken by the Americans, or will be taken if we ever get close to each other, or vice versa, their taking our ports.  Never, when we have been allied, has it been so, and never, will it occur.  Let the Spanish and French consider this.  If you are our allies we will not take your ports unless it is an agreement between us to swap ports.  Many of us have heard the grumblings of the French and Spanish, so please, consider the benevolence of your British masters by their actions against you.

• Like 3

I think it would be nice if you wrote the when the relations were updated last. Here are the current relations of Denmark-Norway:

Danmark-Norge:

Political Situation:
-Spain: probably still hostile (no recent battle) since RAE is allied with the SLRN
-British: state of war (SLRN) regularly PB and OW battles
-Dutch: friendly/allied
-US: friendly
-Frensh: hostile (since enemy of their Allies the dutch) not much direct interaction with us
-Pirates: well they are pirates/ no direct contact
-Swedish: hostile (did get attacked regularly by RUS and are now allied with the SLRN)

Political Situation:
- Spain: War
- Great Britain: War (in the Greater Antilles)
- Netherlands: Allied (DAS)
- USA: Friendly
- France: War (helping the Swedes)
- Pirates: N/A
- Sweden: War