Game-Labs Forum

Discussion - Player ship selection 1st Half 2016

jodgi

Hmm. I like her. She's a neat-looking little ship. :)

Yes !!! But remember :

Limitations:

We want to bring ships from underrepresented nations into this voting; thus English/US/French vessels proposals are discouraged. Spanish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Portuguese, maybe German built ships are encouraged.

Nothing is said about Russian ships... Suspense.....  :D  

Besides, there's been already a 20-gun Russian ship in game : the Brig Mercury. I know, I know it's a brig, not a 3-massted.

So maybe, in that case, the 24-gun Russian sloop-of-war Vostok is a better pick. That's the ship that sailed with the Mirny in their exploration voyage. You've already liked her in the Player Ship selection thread : http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/7306-player-ship-selection-1st-half-2016/?p=139853

I've just updated that post :

Vostok

(Восто́к, The East)

Russian exploration 24-gun Sloop-of-war

1818, 600 G.T.

0uDy7Mw.jpg?2

Her voyage

With the 20-gun sloop-of-war Mirny (1819), she took part of the second Russian circumnavigation of the globe (1819-1821) led by Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen, which discovered the land of Antartica in 1820.

Plan

8b0v2LQ.png?1

Source : https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1xK8yroHPifMlVYck05ejFUVDQ&usp=sharing&tid=0B1xK8yroHPifWTBoTXRidGQ3RDg

More plans

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/3575-russian-navy-azov-74-vostok-24-mercury-20-poltava-5-goto-predestinatsia-58-mirny-20-three-hierarchs-66/page-1#entry70007

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1xK8yroHPifMlVYck05ejFUVDQ&usp=sharing&tid=0B1xK8yroHPifWTBoTXRidGQ3RDg

Sources

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fabian_Gottlieb_von_Bellingshausen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirny_(sloop-of-war)

Thanks Mighty_Alex for your contribution !!!

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

"Vostok" is a great ship, but probably not for this vote, as we should have more ships from other nations, underepresented in the game. It would be a great addition later, as we currently have no sloops-of-war in the game. (The definition of this type of vessel is vague though, seems it's no so different from typical corvettes and light frigates) 

• Like 1

"Vostok" is a great ship, but probably not for this vote, as we should have more ships from other nations, underepresented in the game. It would be a great addition later, as we currently have no sloops-of-war in the game. (The definition of this type of vessel is vague though, seems it's no so different from typical corvettes and light frigates) 

+1. Yes, the Vostok would be called a "Corvette" in France (three-masted 20+gun ship...). It would be a great addition.

We need corvettes in game. But no need to wait for a next vote and the Vostok to have one. There are lots of corvettes proposed in the current Player ship Selection thread : Dutch, Danish, Spanish and even Venetian !

Edited by LeBoiteux

Dude. Let the devs advocate for premium ships. A player saying that something should be premium, when it could be regular, is basically saying "I want to have to spend real money to get this, instead of just grinding for it and crafting it and having it not cost me a cent." 

Edited by Arvenski

Wind, im not sure what that list is proving.

My question was a reply to the posting of a full 4-decker (140-gun)US ship.

Could you maybe enlighten me what a list of spanish 4th rates proves that spain had more than 1 4-decker(Santísima Trinidad)?

Edited by SteelSandwich

Most definetly.

I am wondering, how many 4-deckers have existed in history?

Read on the french Wikipédia (so... to be confirmed) : Only three 4-deckers without any streamed-propelling have been built :

- the Spanish Santísima Trinidad (1769-1805), 

- the USS Pennsylvania (en) (1837-1861)

- the french Valmy (1847-1891). 

The British haven't built their project of a 170-gun HMS Duke of Kent (1809).

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

A book entitled "The legacy of the Serenissima - Reconstruction and restoration of a Venetian battleship model of 1794"

(copyright on the above plan, I guess) :

Das Erbe der Serenissima
634105129012310000_book.jpg
das-erbe-der-serenissima-piano.jpg
Rekonstruktion und Restaurierung eines venezianischen Linienschiffsmodells von 1794 Bildband mit Softschuber + 25 großformatige Schiffsbaupläne; Hardcover-Band mit Schutzumschlag; Format: 29,5 x 26,5 cm Der Autor Dr. Karl Klaus Körner

Edited by LeBoiteux

Dude. Let the devs advocate for premium ships. A player saying that something should be premium, when it could be regular, is basically saying "I want to have to spend real money to get this, instead of just grinding for it and crafting it and having it not cost me a cent."

I'm advocating premiums. The devs are somewhat hesitant on the matter, but I want there to be premiums.

I want to grind, eco and craft as little and as fast as possible to get to the endgame content and play. Premiums might help me achieve that and I'll support the game in return.

I know some of you like the grind in itself, that's fine.

Read on the french Wikipédia (so... to be confirmed) : Only three 4-deckers without any streamed-propelling have been built :

- the Spanish Santísima Trinidad (1769-1805), 

- the USS Pennsylvania (en) (1837-1861)

- the french Valmy (1847-1891). 

The British haven't built their project of a 170-gun HMS Duke of Kent (1809).

In fact, 4-deckers don't have 4 full decks but :

- three complete gun decks

- and a flush spar-deck : the quarterdeck and the forecastle are connected to have guns installed there.

Wind, im not sure what that list is proving.

My question was a reply to the posting of a full 4-decker (140-gun)US ship.

Could you maybe enlighten me what a list of spanish 4th rates proves that spain had more than 1 4-decker(Santísima Trinidad)?

My apologies. I posted the wrong thing. For some reason I was looking at 4th rates. You are right, 4 deckers were limited. 

• Like 2

As im getting higher in crafting, the need for a larger transport hauler is becoming apparent.  Max carry load of a trader snow is 320 logs, thats little more then 1 Trinco/Frigates worth of goods.  Being a pirate, with our ports spread out so far, this is a problem lol.  Coming up short on fir log. coal and the odd random item here and there much more then i can possibly shuttle it.  Now if the goal of the end game crafting is guilds and team work then thats fine, but id love me a good 1200lb capacity shuttling ship so i could hopefully haul everything i need for 1 whole ship, or specific parts for 2-3 ships in decent quantities. 

Edited by Flavalicious
  • Like 2

As im getting higher in crafting, the need for a larger transport hauler is becoming apparent.  Max carry load of a trader snow is 320 logs, thats little more then 1 Trinco/Frigates worth of goods.  Being a pirate, with our ports spread out so far, this is a problem lol.  Coming up short on fir log. coal and the odd random item here and there much more then i can possibly shuttle it.  Now if the goal of the end game crafting is guilds and team work then thats fine, but id love me a good 1200lb capacity shuttling ship so i could hopefully haul everything i need for 1 whole ship, or specific parts for 2-3 ships in decent quantities. 

Dutch 40-gun Eastindiamen is coming, that good enough?

• Like 2