Game-Labs Forum

Discussion - Player ship selection 1st Half 2016

jodgi

On what grounds?

Because virtually any other SoL is more significant, historically speaking. The American ships never saw action, or really had anything to do with the game's other vessels or historical context. There are dozens of other SoLs to choose from, all with illustrious service records and important design innovations, all more deserving.

More importantly, the core concept for Naval Action is a "beautiful" Age of Sail combat game.

For the American SoLs to be included they must:

1) not be hideous barges and

2) not harm gameplay balance by being OP.

• Like 1

I take it you haven't done your research on some of the American ships of the line then.  It surely sounds like you haven't.  There were several that fit your specifications (as if we were going by those specifications LOL).

I'm down for choosing other ships of the line over the Americans, so long as they're from nations OTHER than the ones already represented (ruling out Britain, France, Spain, and Russia).

Cheers!

Very disappointed by the sudden destruction of my WIP thread about French Corvettes in the Shipyard Section and its scattering in a big plan deposit thread without any notice and insight into its future (despite proper PM to the entitled moderator).

I can’t keep on contributing about Corvettes as I planned, in good conditions.

These uncivilized methods don’t encourage me to make any further contributions (and posts) to, at least, the Shipyard forum, if not to any NA forums…

• Like 2

Very disappointed by the sudden destruction of my WIP thread about French Corvettes in the Shipyard Section and its scattering in a big plan deposit thread without any notice and insight into its future (despite proper PM to the entitled moderator).

I can’t keep on contributing about Corvettes as I planned, in good conditions.

These uncivilized methods don’t encourage me to make any further contributions (and posts) to, at least, the Shipyard forum, if not to any NA forums…

Cmon man. I hope you are not a primadonna :) 

Someone made a mistake merging topics instead of putting them into national subforums 

they are not lost

ps even deleted posts can be restored.

• Like 1

Possibly, but I'd need very detailed examples that include the post, the particular link in question, and the new, correct link. This is why it's best, if you're posting in a voting thread, not to link to another post, but to include all relevant images, etc in the post itself. This allows people to see your suggestion without having to click to another post - which will garner you more votes (since, by definition, people on the internet are lazy and often won't click links). :)

Edit: I was provided with some posts that were damaged as part of the recent forum merges - I have fixed those. Thanks to Sella22 for the heads up and getting the details to me!

Edited by Henry d'Esterre Darby
  • Like 1

Dannebroge - 1710 

Second Rate

2,200 Ton  

Length of Gundeck 164' 0" Danish Alen (Feet) 164.0000000000000

Breadth 42' 6" Danish Alen (Feet) 42.5000000000000

Draught Forward 17' 3" Danish Alen (Feet) 17.2500000000000

Draught Aft 20' 6" Danish Alen (Feet) 20.5000000000000

Broadside Weight = 694  

Lower Gun Deck 24 Danish 24-Pounder

Middle Gun Deck 28 Danish 18-Pounder