Game-Labs Forum

where are all the players?

Guess there are still population issues.

Part of the reason I haven't been playing is because for 4 days in a row there weren't enough people on to get a decent match so the lack of people might actually be because of the low population.  Also I was selected to be in the Closed Beta Test for World of Warships so I have transitioned over to that while I am waiting for new content/more people to start participating in Naval Action again.

Speaking of new content, shouldn't we be having some new ships coming along soon?  I mean I think we are still missing the Mercury Brig, the 2 La-whatever Frigates and the Ingermanland all slotted to be out in the Spring of 2015 and we only have about 6 weeks left till Summer.

Can we learn more about this "instance" feature and how it will work. Right now everyone is just guessing it seems. This is very important.

Please click the little gear next to the search box at the top of the page. Once that form loads, put "Instance" into the Find Words field, and "Admin" into the Author field. Click each result and you'll get a good picture of what the Devs have planned for instances.

• Like 3

Hi guys.

Well, if I could get into the alpha, I'd be right there with you.

I'm a miniature gamer, and Napoleonic naval was my favourite.

Just waiting...

I don't think your size should change anything about you!! Rifleman57  :P

Welcome and Good Luck

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Well, if I could get into the alpha, I'd be right there with you.

I'm a miniature gamer, and Napoleonic naval was my favourite.

Just waiting...

I know this isn't fair, but watch this... wet your whistle  ;)   ||N8|| has done a few of these... wow!

Oh and good luck getting that tune out of your head!

Edited by Megiddo

7pm on a wednesday in usa and there are a whole 35 people logged on. we lose people daily and the more we lose the more imbalanced small matches get leading to more people not playing. its any ones guess how low it will get before nobody is playing.

7pm on a wednesday in usa and there are a whole 35 people logged on. we lose people daily and the more we lose the more imbalanced small matches get leading to more people not playing. its any ones guess how low it will get before nobody is playing.

We don't think its a problem. The sea trials focus test have ended.

Closing them won't make it better for those who still want to sail from time to time. 

Karu, we had 12 before the youtubers started broadcasting, and before Sea Trials I've heard it was lucky to have more than 2 or 3 on. I think we just need to have 2 players starting countdown again instead of three.

We are kind of in a rut at the moment, people are not logging in to play since there is not enough enough people to play against, it is the same old faces all the time. I am sure the devs in their infinite wisdom will sell a few more alpha keys soon to let more people in, I for one am really glad they have limited the number of slots as it tells me this is not another cash grab, I was one of the suckers that purchased The WarZ and got stung by it.

I think we're seeing the effect from three factors coming together: Experienced players such as myself playing shorter sessions due to the increasing lazck of teamwork as a higher and higher percentage of players are either novice and/or young; players in general taking a break from the game, a PVP arena is not enough to keep us coming back consistently; finally some players avoiding playing too much before open world so as to not burn themselves out before the game is even made. Just my two pence.

Most people that I know from teamspeak and playing have moved onto other games (world of warships, Euro truck simulator, Farming simulator, Warthunder) to name just a few, most of them stopped playing because of the fall in population online so there were few big games to be had, this leads to more people quitting because the games get smaller and smaller so its a self fulfilling cycle.

Lots of people are waiting with baited breath for damage model 4.0 it will surge up when that comes online and then even more when open world testing begins.

Personally I got to the Santisma then played a few games with that and every now and then i come on and sail the victory (best ship in the game in my opinion) and thats all I do, hopefully new testing phase will begin soon and our old population levels will return (500-600 online)

Just an idea.

Maybe you guys could organize a battle in a weekend. See if there is enough people interested initially, pick a date (picking a date at least 7 days in the future usually gets the best response), make a loud announcement on the forums and try to get as many people fighting it out as possible.

If the community organizes this, I'm sure Game Labs would wholeheartedly approve. Maybe they'll even join the fight :-)

~Brigand

Just an idea.

Maybe you guys could organize a battle in a weekend. See if there is enough people interested initially, pick a date (picking a date at least 7 days in the future usually gets the best response), make a loud announcement on the forums and try to get as many people fighting it out as possible.

If the community organizes this, I'm sure Game Labs would wholeheartedly approve. Maybe they'll even join the fight :-)

~Brigand

i did suggest something like this, but  it seemed to get ignored.

Back in the dinosaur days of hard media, we wouldn't even be playing sea trials at this point so i just kind of see this as all gravy.  And the only thing worse than a slow release is a broken release.  /fanboy

We had a fantastic match yesterday evening, more than 15 ships, nice battle with good people :)

Reminded me of the old times when servers where full with people.

Just to let you know admin:

I (and many others) dont need to have open world today or tomorrow, take your time to design a nice environment. What we need is you to open the gates for the arena mode, hand out more keys to new people, fill the game with life again, even if the content is "limited".

Arena mode is still fascinating after 460 games, every match is different as long as there is a large enough pool of players.

We can entertain ourselfs in the next months, new faces will enrich our environment, the old guys can teach the new guys and vice versa

• Like 4

All it would take is for people who already have keys to make the choice and simply log back in instead of not logging because of 'few' players. Then the mass battles of before and 300+ users would return. Earth-shattering insight I know :P  However, it won't happen and we'll cruise along until OW with the same groups on daily.

• Like 1

Back in the dinosaur days of hard media, we wouldn't even be playing sea trials at this point so i just kind of see this as all gravy.  And the only thing worse than a slow release is a broken release.  /fanboy

Exactly, we'd probably be looking at screenshots in a gaming magazine, playing with (physical) LEGO pirates to pass the time.