Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

Can we please revert back how the armies works? Winning a landward with Japan has become impossible, especially when the enemy can teleport hundreds of thousands of troops around the world and you can't, and I'm talking about having in theory all almost the same total troop count, all with the same government, but 90% of my troops stay idle in Japan, meanwhile France, USA and Britain can move their armies in an instant

Edited by flaviohc16

I just got the message that a land invasion will begin shortly because "Ungoverned Territory" is a threat to my nation.  I would like to see additional information if the subject is "ungoverned territory".  As an example (and I am paraphrasing here because I do not remember the exact text):

"""
It has been determined that Ungoverned Territory of Southern Algeria has been determined to be a threat to the United States.  Expect a land invasion to begin within the next month.
"""

• Like 1

On 7/26/2023 at 3:32 PM, The PC Collector said:

Oh, also. I've noticed in the newer update notes that the chance of weather changing to storm on the campaign has been reduced. On my 38 years of campaign, it has happened twice, so my doubt is, it was really necessary to decrease the chance of something which seemed already infrequent?

That is because you are playing a very old version.  Trust me it was needed.  Every third battle was a storm.  Also before the dev's add anything more they still have a buttload of bugs to fix.  Also they have said the they are gonna be moving on and only doing bug fixes so unless they release mod support your probably not getting any new content.

21 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

I think that what counts as "homeland" is somehow loose. On my playthrough, it is counting the parts of the US, Russia, Japan and A-H I've conquered as homeland. Dunno if that's intentional, tho.

your playing a very old version, please read all the minor patch notes before commenting.

I'm noticing a bug with recoil. On the first shot the recoil debuff maxes out and then gradually goes down, however on the second salvo the recoil debuff doesn't increase, then in another salvo it goes up again in a very inconsistent way.

Also, recoil is incredibly high on battleships, if i make something that resembles a Wyoming (so 6x2 12" guns on 30k tons) i can barely shoot 2 turrets before the recoil goes so high that the rest of the guns shoot with 0 accuracy.

• Nick Thomadis changed the title to >>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.8 Rx4)

Uploaded repaired version x4 including the following:
- Fixed some rare bugs that could cause a battle or campaign freeze.
- Fixed a few rare technology issues that could make some techs to become available sooner than they should.
-Auto-Design fine tuning.

Please restart Steam to get the update fast

• Like 3

6 hours ago, theonlymaverick said:

I have noticed that the torpedo "range" isn't actually the range that the torpedoes run out; they keep going, sometimes even for 4 or 5 times their maximum range. Is that intended or a bug?

I have seen that too, and I also cant tell if that is a bug or not.

7 hours ago, theonlymaverick said:

I have noticed that the torpedo "range" isn't actually the range that the torpedoes run out; they keep going, sometimes even for 4 or 5 times their maximum range. Is that intended or a bug?

That's inteded, as far as I know. They run on to twice their max aimed range.

12 hours ago, Draco said:

Sorry, but could you guys run all these tiny once-per-day updates in the beta branch please? modding anything is a living hell rn...

I second this as a player. The continual updates have all but destroyed my ability to play a long campaign and i have taken to playing the game with steam in offline mode missing bug fixes because of the pressure the continual updates put on the modders to keep balanced and up to date with the continual updating, its utterly ridiculous at this point.

So I am confused about this whole thing with development of the game.

Are they going to update the game past its current state or is this the final update except bug fixes?

Like give me some clarification please. Some people claim the game is done others say it will continue to receive updates. Like what is true? 

2 hours ago, PhoenixLP44 said:

Are they going to update the game past its current state or is this the final update except bug fixes?

Like give me some clarification please. Some people claim the game is done others say it will continue to receive updates. Like what is true? 

So far, Nick Thomadis say it will have 1.4 version, but detail is unknown.

and the "6-month Roadmap" is seem misleading, many people thought it mean that the game will stop add thing after august.

additional, there is the other game they need to make--- "Ultimate General: American Revolution", which should be released in 2022 but delay.

will 1.4 be the UAD's final update? only developer know.

Edited by itolan1752
  • Like 1

Questions for the Dev, if you don't mind.

-Is it possible to have minor states scrap their ships, when the design is obsolete, and then buy new updated ships?
-Does minor nations actually have a budget?

They could f.ex. have a lower threshold for actually scrapping them, or a delay. Say design is obsolete in 1910, but they wont start scrapping them before 5-10 years later. At the very least we wont have minor allies fighting with 1895 designs in 1930.

• Like 4

Been having issues with naval invasions, when as Italy I tried to launch one against Santa Cruz during a war against Spain, I used a force of 3 battleships and 6 of each type of cruiser which should be enough against a small port. However when I looked at the politics page I saw there was no option highlighted. Similar issue again as America. I should note I always start at 1890 and my first wars are usually around 1893-6. I've filled a bug report, just curious as to who else has this issue.

6 hours ago, PhoenixLP44 said:

I’d interpret it as 1.4 will be the last content update and the 6 month timeline to produce it has been extended indefinitely (as in it’ll be done when it’s ready not that it’s cancelled). Post 1.4 there will still be bug fixes and such (just look at how many we got for 1.3!). I think this means that the majority of the dev team has moved onto other game labs projects, but they are allowed to tinker with UAD and keep it ticking over in their ‘spare’ time rather than being told to just drop it. Overall it’s positive news in my opinion. Again though with please add mod support in 1.4 pretty please with a cherry on top! Because I know the community would love to keep adding value and quality of life features to the game 😇

• Like 9

On 7/29/2023 at 10:23 AM, Draco said:

Sorry, but could you guys run all these tiny once-per-day updates in the beta branch please? modding anything is a living hell rn...

Modding support should be, as it is, lowest on the developers agenda, and should not be considered from their side. Nick has helped us out of his free time here and there, with general aid and even adding parameters to help us out.

As one that mods this game extensively, I do not support "angry posts". And I've never understood why people do. If someone wants to mod the game, that's on their time and accord, as it is on mine.

Saying that, I do hope 1.4 stays on a beta branch for a while to dish out most of the upcoming feature-bugs. And once 1.4 is out maybe we can get some kind of mod support🙃

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1