Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

2 hours ago, HopefullAdmiral0786 said:

However, I have found that the loading a NEW campaign to start at this later date (as mentioned above 1930) takes considerably longer (half an hour plus in some circumstances).

The countdown clock at the bottom right of the screen still starts in 1880 or so and counts through the years until it reaches 1930, which does take considerable time.

As I understand it the game only generates the five years leading up to the start date, but if you’ve played a late game campaign and think about trying to run five years of turns in one go it takes a while. If they’ve changed that and the game is trying to run a full run up to the start date then that is very likely to take ages!

UAD doesn’t take advantage of multi core CPU’s, it only cares about single thread performance so on something like your 3900X 92% of your CPU power can’t be used by the game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, brothermunro said:

As I understand it the game only generates the five years leading up to the start date, but if you’ve played a late game campaign and think about trying to run five years of turns in one go it takes a while. If they’ve changed that and the game is trying to run a full run up to the start date then that is very likely to take ages!

UAD doesn’t take advantage of multi core CPU’s, it only cares about single thread performance so on something like your 3900X 92% of your CPU power can’t be used by the game.

Tried it and no, it's five years prior to start unless there is necromancy involved.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zuikaku said:

So, no news at all?

Unless we find some major new bug þat needs to be fixed NOW we're probably not going to hear anyþing until 1.4 is ready. Personally, if we hear noþing for a year or two and finally get 1.4 wiþ everyþing we've been asking for, I'd be perfectly happy.

Edited by Urst
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZorinW said:

I have come back after months, started a new campaign and 18 years in everything is laggy. Battles are almost unplayable. Anyone else have the same issue?

i recently started a few campaigns from 1890 to 1920 and no laggy. i think i did reduce some AA thought (laptopscreen so no point at 17" imo :P)

4 hours ago, Cryadis said:

i recently started a few campaigns from 1890 to 1920 and no laggy. i think i did reduce some AA thought (laptopscreen so no point at 17" imo :P)

It's got nothing to do with ingame settings. When running UAD on Ultra settings my PC is mostly idling, yet the game is lagging badly.

Hmm guess work would possibly be some driver issue.

Maybe you can use a HW monitor and check if you run into a bottleneck somehow (ram, cpu,..).

Also could check your windows logs for system application, maybe you find some relevant errors there that point you to the right direction. I am trying to help, but currently we need more data to point to the right direction i fear.

1 hour ago, Cryadis said:

Hmm guess work would possibly be some driver issue.

Maybe you can use a HW monitor and check if you run into a bottleneck somehow (ram, cpu,..).

Also could check your windows logs for system application, maybe you find some relevant errors there that point you to the right direction. I am trying to help, but currently we need more data to point to the right direction i fear.

It only happens when playing UAD and as I said the system monitor shows that not a single component is under any stress - quite the opposite.

• 2 weeks later...

As someone that loves to use the Tumblehome ships.... Why are we punished for getting better guns?

It is a genuine crime that as you get more advanced turrets... you are prevented from mounting them on Tumblehome ships... A large Pre-Dread that I can fit six double 12 inch (old) turrets? nice the turrets become more "advanced" the biggest gun I can add... are 9inchers... thats it.... WHY CAN WE NOT CHOOSE? Why do we not get a drop down menu to pick what turret male we have? We can do that with EVERY other system!! Older Armor? older engines? of course! Older guns? NIEN!!!

• Sad 1

I just had a boring custom battle, my 4 BBs & 6 CLs vs 5BBs & 5TBs, 1895...  

Once my ships dealt with enemy's TBs the rest of the battle looked like me trying to chase their 4 BBs who decided to retreat from the start, so after an hour I gave up at when I had 3BB with low fuel vs 3 BBs over the horizon.

I thought enemy divisions retreating from the start was long fixed like 1.5 year ago....???

@Nick Thomadis

@Nick Thomadis

Could this be fixed?

For example, my 2 destroyers sail in ahead-loose formation at their max speed of 38kn. If I set to "tight" formation, the rear one hurries to the front one with the speed of like 40-42kn! I thought the realistic way would be for front ship to slow down while the rear one catches up at max speed (38kn). The issue is when changing formation from loose to tight or just when setting up which follows which - they exceed their max speed to catch up or regroup.

9 hours ago, Captain Meow said:

@Nick Thomadis

Could this be fixed?

For example, my 2 destroyers sail in ahead-loose formation at their max speed of 38kn. If I set to "tight" formation, the rear one hurries to the front one with the speed of like 40-42kn! I thought the realistic way would be for front ship to slow down while the rear one catches up at max speed (38kn). The issue is when changing formation from loose to tight or just when setting up which follows which - they exceed their max speed to catch up or regroup.

This is intended afaik. Before this behavior was added, the rear ships would always get left behind and would never be able to catch up to the lead ship unless the player micromanaged the speed of the formation to help them. 
I believe it was tried to make the lead ship slow down instead, but it didn't feel great or something so the devs decided to settle on letting the rear ships catch up at a speed slightly exceeding their max. 

I agree it's not perfect but i guess it was a compromise after all.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aurora said:

This is intended afaik. Before this behavior was added, the rear ships would always get left behind and would never be able to catch up to the lead ship unless the player micromanaged the speed of the formation to help them. 
I believe it was tried to make the lead ship slow down instead, but it didn't feel great or something so the devs decided to settle on letting the rear ships catch up at a speed slightly exceeding their max. 

I agree it's not perfect but i guess it was a compromise after all.

From what I remember back in early 2022 the front ship was slowing down for rear ones to catch up.

Or how's that when I balanced the ship to have 38kn as max & when I add 38.5kn then its parameters skyrocket to impossible unless increasing it's available weight or making the ship much lighter or something which would require drastic change of whole design, yet here they can go with 40-43knt for many minutes just fine to catch up.

Edited by Captain Meow