Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

11 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello all,

We are very glad to announce a new update with very important fixes and improvements. Please read:

v1.3.2 Hotfix
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1069660/view/3681174664042257564 

- Now the Home Population of conquered provinces will not join the conqueror (this was actually an inconsistency which was now fixed). This fix will greatly affect the campaign balance as major offensives will no longer become so overpowered when a Major Nation conquers some large provinces.
- Fixed more issues of the shipbuilding interface, resulting in false positive errors (overweights, invalid barbettes etc.).

Is it necessary to start a new campaign?

Edited by Lima

C'mon, is it really that hard to code in that AI do not run away (if the mission is generated) before indentifying ships it is running away from?! I've spent half an hour doing 3 missions, trying to pursue Cl with my Cl. And the irony is enemy Cls were more advanced (so faster).

• Like 2

Regards to enemies running away at the start of a battle. Is it possible to add in a paramater (lack of better words) where "if" the enemy decides to escape at t he very start of the battle, a message will appear saying the enemy forgot they had a teaparty and had to cancel the appointment and asking if you want to end the fight with a draw and no points given/taken.

Please also add a popup message with a yes/no when your glorious unnamed leaders choose to invade another country. in particular a minor, since the negative effects vs other majors are insane, and completely makes a mess of relations once that happens

Edited by MDHansen
  • Like 4

I've been getting A LOT of crashes on a new save, sometimes after only 1-2 turns or even trying to open menus. I'm not quite sure why the game suddenly feels so unstable.

EDIT: I'm even getting hard crashes trying to boot up the game now.

Edited by Warspite96

Scout and Screen formations need work. Screen especially. Screening ships need to not be so suicidal. I get when its early days and they need to close to attack with torpedo's but they should not wander so far from the very ships they're supposed to be screening. They also need to stop trying to cross the line and get in the way of the capital ships. I've got them constantly running into my BB's and causing issues with formations turning and getting decimated by fire aimed at the BB's. Add to this they're still firing torpedo's into their own lines. They also don't seem to equally distribute themselves and often end up with 3 on one side and 1 on the other.

Scouts shouldn't closing to make suicidal attack runs either. They should be maintaining a set place from the formation. I want to set my CL's as scouts but they keep rushing into the thick of it instead of just staying on my wing.

Updated Repaired version with the following:
- Weather system further improvements.
- Fixed a remaining issue of formations (when a ship had to re-order it did not try to evade effectively enough).
- Battle AI adjustments.
- Targeting adjustments.
- Auto-Design optimizations. Fixed also potential unbuildable transport ships which could make a campaign battle unloadable.
- Fixed issue that made Campaign AI to scrap ships before they were built.
- Fixed some guns of the new USA cruiser towers which prevented small guns from being mounted on them.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Weather system further improvements.

Not critical, but can you consider reverting the changes to ocean color tone in daylight conditions with clear weather?

Previous UAD 1.3.2 we had this.

qO2WE3s.jpg

Maybe too bright, some may like it, others maybe not. But I really liked to see the ocean color transition between "morning" to "day", or "day" to "evening" since both have a darker ocean color tone.

Now, since the latest update is very strange since there is no consistency.

The following pictures were all taken in "day" light conditions and "clear" weather, and we can clearly see that there are different ocean color tones. Is random.

EDtf8rs.jpg

cV6c8Uo.jpg

The last two, are already too dark for my taste. If we take into consideration, this is to be clear weather in "day" light conditions.

7zNASlz.jpg

My7zJEt.jpg

I haven't had a chance to play the new patch to see if this has been changed, but I've ment to mention something about the overcast weather conditions. In game It's not overcast, it's a dence fog. Overcast would just very cloudy conditions, but high in the sky not at sealevel. You could just rename it fog, a simple fix.

I very interestingly just got a "No Defense Against Enemy" mission as Germany against an AI France who are threatening Wilhelmshaven......which is exactly where my main fleet is. I'm very curious what triggers this kind of mission that somehow France is attacking my fleet's home port....without engaging the fleet in it?

Hi, I am enjoying this new update and I played through a few custom battles with my shared designs.

During these battles, I found some bugs:

• After a custom battle ends, the "Crew Losses" counter is always 0 vs 0 even when ships are sunk on each side.
    • This behavior did not occur prior to 1.3.2 Live.
    • Screenshot showing the bug is below (1.3.2 Live)

image.png.fc5929e3b71fedec3dd3e26dcd11a1c8.png

• In the designer after setting up the custom battle and clicking "Design Ships", if I have two shared designs A and B for a battleship and I select design B, the game selects design A instead.
    • The game should select shared design B if I select shared design B. 
  • Every time I start a battle and load into it, the ships shake as they settle into the ocean and smoke goes off in random directions. This is entirely graphical.
  • I am getting FPS drops in battle when more than two ships are fighting each other.
  • Sometimes, when I view the stats for a ship's main guns in battle, the UI is cut off and I cannot read the entire infocard.

uad_crew_losses_bug2.PNG

Updated Repaired x2 version with the following:
- Fixed old bug that could delete ships of player and destroy the campaign due to bugs created.
- Fixed crew losses not applied after battle to show in the battle result window.
- Formation logic minor fixes/adjustments.
- Improved Battle AI further into maintaining an effective firing line.

Please restart Steam to download the update fast.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, HaMaT said:

Not sure why but neither the US nor Italy is asking for peace. Italy has only 5 ships left and they don't build more

image.png.ec107f6b11e1f7b30f318a9245bdbc44.png

Are you currently invading territories of both nations? As in Naval Invasion? If so while you are invading territories peace will not be offered or even replied to. So as long as you chain invasions in the current version of the game you can perma-war a nation.

Already reported in game.

In latest version 1.3.2 R2 Live, ship speed slider becomes stuck when the ships top speed gets changed by factors outside of the player's control, most commonly due to weather and sometimes damage, until any course change is done.  Important for replication: player must attempt speed change BEFORE course change otherwise speed will remain stuck.

I've got some quick battle AI feedback here. It would seem the AI is still rather bad at using light scouting forces.
OJY4kR2.png
HMS Melpomene has spent the last 2 hours sailing around doing nothing. That's not an exaggeration, She Has Literally Sailed Around For 2 Hours Doing Nothing. British casualties in this battle are currently at 6,634 crew lost, and the crew of the Melpomene decided that the best thing they could do was sit around and watch their countrymen die. While I cannot see the orders the AI issues, given the original size of the AI's fleet in this battle, I'd wager that they had a few units set to scouting duties... against a single BB division. Said BB division has been engaged for the past 2 hours, and is operating alone in the area. Once all enemies are spotted and engaged, there is no further need for scouting, you're not going to find anything no matter how long you scout for or how hard you try.

Seems like other powers GROSSLY overbuild. They greatly exceed their shipbuilding capability & as a result, spend decades with nearly no ships until finally all their (now horribly outdated) ships finally complete.

Other powers need to manage their shipbuilding capacity better.

• Like 7

During the course of the campaign, an interesting situation arose, in which countries build ships by the hundreds, especially outdated torpedo boats and destroyers, because they have too large amounts of naval funds, the only country that builds ships more or less on a historical scale is Italy. In my opinion, the AI gets too much bonuses during wartime, and has too high a priority on building new ships due to too much funding.

10 hours ago, Deathbringer221 said:

Are you currently invading territories of both nations? As in Naval Invasion? If so while you are invading territories peace will not be offered or even replied to. So as long as you chain invasions in the current version of the game you can perma-war a nation.

Right now I'm invading the USA but not Italy. There is a landing invasion in Italy though but I cannot control it.

I'm curious about the mathematics that goes into successful penetration, my gun has 285mm of penetration at 10km vs 79mm of armour with a quality rating of 140% (so 110mm effective), the two ships were almost perfectly broadside with each other at the point of impact and my gun's velocity at the barrel is over 1000m/s so the guns fire at a relatively flat trajectory at that distance......I'm wondering where the other 175mm of effective armour is coming from to get a fully blocked shot at that distance? Sometimes it feels like there is some magical force stopping you from penetrating parts of a ship that should logically be easy pens.