Game-Labs Forum

>>>v1.3 Feedback<<<(Latest Update: v1.3.9.9 Rx2)

19 hours ago, Urst said:

Þere REALLY needs to be a limiter on absolute fleet size. I had a battle last night þat involved 3 BCs and 30 CAs and ~40 DDs on just my side. I couldn't hello kittying do anyþing because of hoe choppy þe game was. I had to just set everyþing to AI and pray.

I also þink it was so lagy þe AI couldn't figure out what to do. I believe þis because I somehow lost not a single ship, despite my enemy having 8 battleships which were made around þe same time as my own ships.
I'm playing as Italy and my enemy here was Austro-Hungary.

Eiþer þe limiter or MUCH better optimization.

What is your cpu?

23 hours ago, Urst said:

Þere REALLY needs to be a limiter on absolute fleet size. I had a battle last night þat involved 3 BCs and 30 CAs and ~40 DDs on just my side. I couldn't hello kittying do anyþing because of hoe choppy þe game was. I had to just set everyþing to AI and pray.

I also þink it was so lagy þe AI couldn't figure out what to do. I believe þis because I somehow lost not a single ship, despite my enemy having 8 battleships which were made around þe same time as my own ships.
I'm playing as Italy and my enemy here was Austro-Hungary.

Eiþer þe limiter or MUCH better optimization.

Unfortunately it happens to me too. Processor and graphics are below 50%. Larger battles have a huge FPS drop. If I open the overview table of weapons it is an absolute tragedy. I don't think these issues are directly related to performance, but maybe hardware architecture. (I only use AMD).

I don't mind the new font, but it's exacerbated a previous issue I had. When hovering over the pop up windows don't always keep in frame properly. It's made it so I can't see some info on guns when hovering in battle. If they have longer range then more range steps push more info off the top. The attached screenshot is me mousing over as low as I can on the UI element for the guns and I can't see any of the info off the top.

20230528072020_1.jpg

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tortenschachtel said:

Question: According to the tooltip for Light Shells they have 5% less range but 5% more base accuracy, but when i compare the range and accuracy values given by the tooltip for my guns switching to light shells actually increases range but decreases accuracy. What gives?

A few patches ago they changed  accuracy to increase with the range of the guns. By reducing the range you're reducing the accuracy at range. It increases base accuracy but has a larger detriment at each range increment because your max range is shorter. You may notice it when you get White Powder and Cordite, because Cordite has a reduction to base accuracy but a large increase to range your accuracy at each range increment is higher with it than with White Powder. It makes range the more important stat when picking things like that.

I think it was done because in previous versions of the game the 3", 9" and 12" guns were the most accurate at every range (within their range brackets, of course) and even if you had a 20" gun with 80km range it was still less accurate at every range step than a 12" gun with 20km max range. Max range had no value because even if you had that 80km max range you had no chance of hitting anything until they got within 20km anyways so you might as well just run the 12" guns.

21 minutes ago, Vaarsuvius said:

A few patches ago they changed  accuracy to increase with the range of the guns. By reducing the range you're reducing the accuracy at range. It increases base accuracy but has a larger detriment at each range increment because your max range is shorter. You may notice it when you get White Powder and Cordite, because Cordite has a reduction to base accuracy but a large increase to range your accuracy at each range increment is higher with it than with White Powder. It makes range the more important stat when picking things like that.

I think it was done because in previous versions of the game the 3", 9" and 12" guns were the most accurate at every range (within their range brackets, of course) and even if you had a 20" gun with 80km range it was still less accurate at every range step than a 12" gun with 20km max range. Max range had no value because even if you had that 80km max range you had no chance of hitting anything until they got within 20km anyways so you might as well just run the 12" guns.

But the range increases - in opposition to what the tooltip says.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tortenschachtel said:

But the range increases - in opposition to what the tooltip says.

You're absolutely right. I didn't notice that at first. I noticed that Heavy/Super Heavy shells reduce range too. The only notable stat I can see that might affect that is muzzle velocity. I wonder if there's some hidden "base range" on guns that gets modified by muzzle velocity and whatever range modifiers you have.

Muzzle Velocity seems like the strongest gun stat right now, it buffs both range and accuracy tremendously, only downside is slightly worse angles for deck hits. Triple base is monsteriously strong compared to crummy cordite 3 and slow and steady tube powder becase of this, you gain huge range switching to triple base, and you can then save a ton of tons by chopping your barrels, leaving you with faster reload wile still having better accuracy and range than you had befor.

High caliber light shells are strong becase of this too, and have a huge reduction in ammo detonation chance, and often won't need any heavy barbet reanforcment. This all can save you enough weight to go up a gun size. larger gun with lighter shells are much stronger and weight efficent than smaller guns with super heavy shells imo.

Past 1920, If you can get the AP shells to do over 2k damage, and pen sufficiently, and you can do it with light shells, everything will die quick and you don't need to build for firepower beyond that imo.

• Like 1

71k VP for me and Germany had 16k after a 3 year war from 1928 to 1931. I only got 472 million in reparation's and not even an option of a province just outdated ships. So I choose 3 ships totaling 320 million in value and I get 1 in the end! The time invested in war in the campaign is not worth it. Fix this and make the wars fought in the campaign worth it! If the terms of surrender are not what we want we should have the option to reject the terms at the end until they are met.

• Like 1

One thing that pisses me off about this game's UI, is how it doesn't know how to center info windows.. Lots of times you cant see relevant info because its out of screen... you can have 4K panel, but because UI doesnt properly scale, everything is HUGE, while you still dont see what you wanna see..

Like in this example - i have no idea what flaws this ship has.. tried everything, its always out of screen...

image.thumb.png.2af7c0538d45141d6221774f180f6058.png

• Like 5

7 hours ago, JaM said:

One thing that pisses me off about this game's UI, is how it doesn't know how to center info windows.. Lots of times you cant see relevant info because its out of screen... you can have 4K panel, but because UI doesnt properly scale, everything is HUGE, while you still dont see what you wanna see..

Like in this example - i have no idea what flaws this ship has.. tried everything, its always out of screen...

image.thumb.png.2af7c0538d45141d6221774f180f6058.png

I second this as this erks me too.

@Nick Thomadis

Is it possible to add additional main and secondary turrets to modern German battleships, because there is quite a bit of variability in the design of new ships, the same applies to heavy cruisers. Also, is it possible to limit the AI to build small destroyer-type ships as a percentage of the total fleet, so that there are no situations where the entire fleet can consist of 150 ships, of which 125 are destroyers and torpedo boats, and also, maybe it would also be nice to introduce a ship disposal function into the AI's behavior if 10 years have passed since it was put into operation, so that the computer updates its fleet more often, roughly like a player and there are no situations where in 1920 you can meet a lot of ships of pre-dreadnought era.

Its very strange to see Transport ships surrendering only after they take 45% of casualties (or about that number).. Historically, TRs surrendered when they got under fire, anyway because that would probably cause some gameplay issues, i think it would be best if TRs surrendered at 25% casualties, while some technology research linked to TRs, could up this number a bit, so unarmed ships will be more likely to surrender than armed ones.

• Like 3

Some more feedback - Visibility conditions, weather, etc - right now, battles are quite often quite frustrating experience when player is unable to locate the enemy. 

From game perspective - battles should always initiate with enemy in sighting distance of one of the player's ships - If no ship sees the enemy, there would be no battle in the first place. Fleets usually had scouting ships searching for enemy ships therefore CL in the fleet would be most likely the one detecting the enemy.

Now weather, of course greatly impact visibility, therefore, amount of battles in bad weather should be very limited = bad weather should be very rare early in the game. As technology progresses, (Radio, Radar, etc) it should allow for battles in more limited weather conditions. (so in 1890-1900, bad weather battles should be very rare, and chance should increase with each decade, up to WW2 radar time when weather should present no limit)

• Like 6

And an idea for politics - There should be Home Regions defined for every (major) nation in game. If during war Home Region gets occupied, after war, Home Region should be always automatically returned to original owner, but such region price should increase bonus winning side gets.. I think it would make overall strategic aspect more interesting, map will become less chaotic and  there wont be these crazy situations with Germany taking Paris and keeping it after war.. etc...

On similar note - When Empire dissolves, country should stay, it should just lose its colonies.. so instead of whole country become "ungoverned" just make its colonies either "ungoverned" or "independent" while home regions stay as the former country, so it can rebuilt itself eventually..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JaM said:

Some more feedback - Visibility conditions, weather, etc - right now, battles are quite often quite frustrating experience when player is unable to locate the enemy. 

From game perspective - battles should always initiate with enemy in sighting distance of one of the player's ships

No, that sounds disastrous. Especially as spotting distances up until the midt 1910's are very short when paired with poor weather/night. You would have enemy DD/CL's basically spawning right next to your task force with no time or room to maneuver.

I would like the Overcast weather graphics to be reduced a bit though. It's still hard to see your own ships and where they are heading when not zoomed all the way in. The green line indicating course is also obscured, which is quite annoying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Panzergraf said:

No, that sounds disastrous. Especially as spotting distances up until the midt 1910's are very short when paired with poor weather/night. You would have enemy DD/CL's basically spawning right next to your task force with no time or room to maneuver.

I would like the Overcast weather graphics to be reduced a bit though. It's still hard to see your own ships and where they are heading when not zoomed all the way in. The green line indicating course is also obscured, which is quite annoying.

well, that's exactly what usually happened back then... these small torpedo boats were pests everybody was afraid of.. right now, you might have AMBUSH mission, with TBs nowhere in sight, and they start running immediately .. what kind of ambush is that??

Having enemy in visibility would mean you would have to put some thought in your force composition, and not use BB/BCs completely alone, but always with some cover.. and if that rule was set correctly, it would be scouting group of DDs/CLs who would spot each other, so main force would be way outside of torpedo range..

• Like 2

May be i missed something, like some fictional events, invented by engine, but I still have no idea, where or how engine took data for map, if you play historical campaign. I started campaign for France in 1940 year, but quick view on map show to me, that engine likes do jokes. Austria-Hungarian empire was canceled in 1918, but it it still in descriptions - Controller: Austria-Hungary. Germany grab Austria in 1938, but here is still independent state of Austria, Czechoslovakia was ripped and occupied by Germany in 1938, but still in Bohemia-Moravia is controller - Czechoslovakia under strange flag. Slovak part is displayed as Galicia, controller - Slovakia under new flag from 1991 year and almost 10 millions peoples, even over 10000 barrels of oil. Poland was ripped in 1939, here like Western and Eastern Poland, controller - Poland. States of independent Kingdom of Yugoslavia has still controller - Austria-Hungary.

I am somehow confused, what i can think about such map.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2023 at 10:25 PM, Urst said:

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x eight-core processor    (16 CPUs), ~3.7GHz

Bear in mind that UAD is still single threaded, so 7 of your cores are just going to be sitting there twiddling their thumbs. I’ve noticed the game will get a bit choppy in really big battles as well, and that’s on a CPU with the same number of cores/threads but a higher clock speed. Looking at the system resources the CPU will be at about 20% overall but one thread is at 100%

• Like 1