Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

39 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

- Replaced Nazi flag with the Weimar flag.

I still feel that this works best as a Settings toggle.  Turning on historical flags would allow those who want the more historical flags to see them.  Turning off historical flags would allow alternate flags to be used for those who are uncomfortable with such flags in the game.  Setting can default to off so only players that deliberately want it on will see such flags, like the Nazi flag or Soviet Flag.

• Like 4

Very good fixes. In fact, I'm still happy about the improved interaction of TF, it really changes a lot in the game and I'm willing to put up with a lot of bugs.

I am interested in whether the USSR will be within the historical borders or not. The thing is that now it is difficult (RNG) for the USSR to form a land border with Germany and France has BIG problems. In 1920, of course, the USSR should be in such a state as it is now, but not in 1930/1940. Yes, I understand that Austria-Hungary has been preserved in this game and this is a bit of an alternative, but the overall balance of power requires the presence of the USSR/Germany land border.

I wanted to make a separate post about oil, but since I'm talking about Russia...Russia has a large production in Siberia at any starting date, but this is not correct. As far as I know, serious oil production in Siberia began in the 1950s. Until that time, the main oil production was carried out in Azerbaijan. In 1940 the USA should produce much more oil than the USSR.

If we talk about oil in general, there are very big problems with it in the game, even in countries like Britain and France. Italy and SPain are just in a terrible state. We need some kind of mechanism for selling oil and possibly synthetic technologies. The ability to attack minors will also help a lot. I understand that I'm asking a lot, but some countries have really big problems.

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Replaced Nazi flag with the Weimar flag.

With all due respect, but at least give us the option to choose historical flags. It is silly to ignore historical facts just because some players have their feelings hurt because some stupid flag. 

Anyway

Merry Christmas to all GLs team. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I see that the placement points are still buggered on all of the American and German towers that can accept casemate guns. All of the new turret ships and the USS Main hull for the U.S. are also buggered for their weapon placements. The wing turrets are all too far out and overhang off the hull and the gun-placements on the centerline upper deck of the Main hull that're modeled are entirely unusable. Same for the ones on the rest of the coastal defense ships.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

Just made peace with Russia despite asking to fight to the end, they invaded me anyway

The army command just doesn't care. This is a problem, because if you have lost a region, it will not be returned at peace talks. SPain and Italy are suffering very much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lima said:

The army command just doesn't care. This is a problem, because if you have lost a region, it will not be returned at peace talks. SPain and Italy are suffering very much.

There are no peace talks to be had that's the thing. I was at war with Russia, I decimated there fleet they asked for peace. I said no government said yes. The problem is you make peace and land invasion continue anyway and of course because I'm now at peace my army size reduces so the Russian invasion now cannot be stopped. 

5 minutes ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

There are no peace talks to be had that's the thing. I was at war with Russia, I decimated there fleet they asked for peace. I said no government said yes. The problem is you make peace and land invasion continue anyway and of course because I'm now at peace my army size reduces so the Russian invasion now cannot be stopped. 

What I mean is, even if you lose your territory (not a colony) during the war, as a result of peace you will not be able to take it back.

I assume that you are playing for Austria Hungary, you need to conclude an alliance with Germany, then Russia will not be a problem.

3 hours ago, Suribachi said:

I still feel that this works best as a Settings toggle.  Turning on historical flags would allow those who want the more historical flags to see them.  Turning off historical flags would allow alternate flags to be used for those who are uncomfortable with such flags in the game.  Setting can default to off so only players that deliberately want it on will see such flags, like the Nazi flag or Soviet Flag.

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

With all due respect, but at least give us the option to choose historical flags. It is silly to ignore historical facts just because some players have their feelings hurt because some stupid flag. 

Anyway

Merry Christmas to all GLs team. 

Well, I have revised the information provided by other users, and while it is true that the usage of Nazi symbols are no longer completely forbidden in Germany, their usage still require to be given explicit approval by German game rating board in a case by case basis. So it could still be a potential problem.

Besides, in the current status the game is in, I don't think the game can afford losing any support due to something as stupid as a flag. Given the connotations that symbology has, people has all the right to become offended or feel uncomfortable by its usage. As an spanish, for example, I would feel very uncomfortable playing in late ages if the Francoist flag had been included.

So, all in all, I think removing the Nazi flag and any other which could have similar connotations is a good moving. Having them included by default in the game is more trouble than it is worth, and whoever want them can always mod them in.

1 hour ago, Lima said:

What I mean is, even if you lose your territory (not a colony) during the war, as a result of peace you will not be able to take it back.

I assume that you are playing for Austria Hungary, you need to conclude an alliance with Germany, then Russia will not be a problem.

Actually in playing as Germany 

7 minutes ago, Danz_Von_Luck said:

Actually in playing as Germany 

You can accept or edit the save. There you need to find this battle (search PlayerArmyForce), set the Russian advance as zero. Set "RedAdvanceTurns" as 3 or 4.

Yes, I've done it before, but I've stopped my crazy generals from attacking other countries.

I wanted to operate subs in Oceania but out of Dutch Harbour (or Pearl Harbour), but the singular atlas concept isn't capable. The flat world society would be pleased.

9NUv9vq.jpg

But instead of going to all the trouble of programming split circular boundaries just go straight into programming a wraparound map. :)

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mike5556 said:

Just captured Cuba by invasion. Then my next attack was overland at Guantanamo. Well Spain collapsed, no problem, but the invasion mission did not go away. I cannot do anything against the PRC. 

Side note allied with Japan, Russia, Germany, France, and British. Kinda sound familiar? It's 1896 they can invade but I cannot due to unresolvable Cuba.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mike5556 said:

Just captured Cuba by invasion. Then my next attack was overland at Guantanamo. Well Spain collapsed, no problem, but the invasion mission did not go away. I cannot do anything against the PRC. 

It is quite easy to capture the islands by landing, but if you want to land in Sicily, for example, you have problems. It will take a lot of ships. And after the success of the landing, it is bugged.

37 minutes ago, Lima said:

It is quite easy to capture the islands by landing, but if you want to land in Sicily, for example, you have problems. It will take a lot of ships. And after the success of the landing, it is bugged.

How do you do landings? I move fleets close to the shore using 'invade' mission and nothing happens.