Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

One bug I notice but don't see mentioned in the fix ist that many of the new hulls (coastal BB for the US and CA for Spain) don't seem to have hitboxes for torps. Trops simply go through them (I reported this ingame).

Now I hope that the Target system works again and I can enjoy the game once again.

Thanks for the recent hotfix3, i gave it a shot (my typical Austria, 1890 start, normal, build own ships):

Regardng battles there are still various issues that make them quite tendious, here a short list:

a) Ships are stil not able to keep a course that make sense (wobbly, drunk sailors)

b) Targetting seems better in general, however ships keep shooting at already sinking ships:

UAD_KeepFireing.png.7491cc61e97e5d76b6157d66e4a07476.png

I did an ingame report, but i think the shots should be visible here as well

c) manual rudder settings as a workaround currently also show different issues: sometimes you set it to port and ships still keep sailing straight, sometimes you need to set the rudder to left to turn right, sometimes it works. (i usually keep avoid and avoid torpedo off, but briefly turning it on and then off again seems to change the behavior, so maybe something is overriding from there).

d) the old classic of missiongeneration beeing disconnected from the battles itself: i.e. had a mission where sovients port strike Pula with a single BB, i have 2 CL to intercept, you load in and obviously the soviet BB did retreat from the start.

At least in this case the draw did not result in port damage, but imagine if my ships where damaged (i am pretty sure then i'd be a loss and i gethome port damage without ever seeing the enemy BB)

As in general campaign currently it seems as AH you are destined to fail any war because your land army is too small, so any neighbor will take your provinces by invading. in my current test i am loosing hungary to the soviets, which are invading with about 2.6 million troops, vs my 130k defending...

Yes, this is an extreme example but checking around any neighbor state's army is at least 70% bigger then mine.

On a positive side:

so far turn times seem to be a lot better in Hotfix 3

Edited by Cryadis

Japan was dissolved due to losing most of its home provinces

which home provinces did it lose in war? I don't know. It doesn't look like any of them were taken. 

This also happened to Italy. 

Really, countries shouldn't be dissolving. It happens too easily. 

image.png

One good thing I will say is that when Germany dissolved to the might of the French, my armies launched an invasion of the neutral and now unoccupied port of Tsingtao, retaking it. 

I am not happy about the fact that you now have armies operating over land routes with the potential to influence the campaign in ways that you have zero control over, but I am in favor of being able to fight over ports and coastal areas. 

**Edit**

This campaign ended 3 turns later, with Britain and then china [me] suffering economic collapse. In my case due to $NAN income causing the economy to implode, I suspect the same thing happened to Britain because its GDP was fine when I last checked it. 

Even without the income bug.  in terms of feature priorities, truces [forced peace] should have taken precedence over countries collapsing, seeing as they are not yet able to manage themselves to prevent collapses. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar

Land battles seem horribly inconsistent. It said britain only has 16k forces since the start, theyve lost almost 90k and theyre winning against my 400k (how do I even have that many??) forces. Wish there were more ways to influence land battles. Even have a big fleet at Tsingtau, meanwhile the british are nowhere near.image.thumb.png.cedb0086a839832074637d2d980b3e28.png

Game CTD at building new ships.

Japan 1894 - America and the British have been dissolved. China running rampant invading everyone. Ship captains still drunk. For Krist Sake!

And now Spain and Russia dissolved.

And now Italy dissolved.

And now, after a period of seemingly unstoppable expansion, China dissolved.

Gaame now hung up at Building Ships, Jan. 1896.

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Like 2

Campaign report

ZNaPnNY.jpg

Slava Ukraini. 😉

Italy campaign 1890 - shipyard size 95000 tons 🤪

0jHNPgs.jpg

- 41 relations with France, but I am allied with the Germans so....

xtjdejv.jpg

...why is my army helping them to invade the south of France, but I can't do anything against the French navy?

I got many times the invade mission to land in south of Spain. Nothing happened. I went to politics and I choose the invade option. I have 100k tons + ships in the region. Nothing happened. 😒

caynVHr.jpg

German flag, snowflake version...

gaCAkAK.jpg

• Like 2

Every month in 1896 has hung up at building ships.

It has now hung up every month for 16 months at building ships and will not clear.

Another consequence of this is that I attempted to move two ships from Sasebo to Formosa ports and neither will they move, nor can I cancel the order and move them back. They're just hanging there. I'm pretty sure this campaign is f*cked.

Edited by Admiral Donuts

Wow, this update is still broken quite a bit! Ships are sometimes behaving rationally and the next moment they are drunk. Why not implementing "misinterpret order" concept from Close combat - you can give the order but ships do not understand or execute them correctly each time. And this happened quite a lot in real naval battles.

13 minutes ago, SiWi said:

@o Barãothat German Flag is the version used after imperial Germany fell but before the nazi took power.

What makes this the "snowflake" version?

Against historical accuracy?

Go to custom battles - Germany - starting year 1934.

The flag will change, right?

7ayF5CH.jpg

Is this the historical German flag for this period? We all know the answer to this and why this decision was made. Doesn't matter if the majority thinks how stupid it is, we need to preserve the feelings of the weak, right? Of course, then, why the other flags are not banned? The irony.

And then of course this whole situation stinks so much that we have the wrong Weimar flag.

NL4WCxr.png

This should be the correct snowflake flag used in the ships.

All I am asking is to respect the majority and give us the option to use historical flags. Am I asking too much?

• Like 5

@o Barão you talk about "the weak" but you are the one crying here... anyway.

According to this website:

https://tmg110.tripod.com/weimar1.htm

the flag you show is slightly off.

But yes, the ships themselves should use the weimar naval flag, thou it is a minor issue and other thigns are more important.

And nothign stops you to either make or search for someone that has made, a mode with your desire flags.

btw:

was there a poll on the matter or why do you speak of the "majority"? (I abstain from the forum for a while).

• Like 1

I've got some quick campaign feedback here with regards to the map.
I93vwks.png
There's No Arctic Theater of War.
One of, if not the, most critical trade routes the Allies used to supply Soviet forces with Lend/Lease simply doesn't exist in game. After 1941 this became a major theater of war, as the German navy could very easily cut off Russia's Baltic ports, couldn't do anything about her Black Sea ports, so needed to control the Arctic in order to finish the blockade of the Western Soviet Union.
In UA:D however, there's no real point in sending ships up there. All you can really do as a Germany player is mine the crap out of Kiel and the Baltic, and wait for the Soviet economy to collapse. On the other hand, a Russia player just has to worry about maintaining a strong enough fleet to break through German lines, and keep trade flowing into St. Petersburg/Petrograd/Leningrad. Hopefully they don't rename it Putingrad to boost moral. There's only so many times you can change a city's name before it starts to annoy historians.

TL:DR, Please add the Russian Arctic ports so we can have another major theater of war that can actually be contested by multiple parties.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SiWi said:

@o Barão you talk about "the weak" but you are the one crying here... anyway.

You are accusing me of crying because I am defending what is right? The irony is strong here.

2 minutes ago, SiWi said:

And nothign stops you to either make or search for someone that has made, a mode with your desire flags.

Do you have any experience with mods?

Do you know that UAD file structure is around unity assets? You understand what it needs to edit those files to change a simple flag?

You know that every time there is an update, any mod you make will be broken because unity?

Because if you are aware of all this, please go ahead and make a mod for all of us.

12 minutes ago, SiWi said:

was there a poll on the matter or why do you speak of the "majority"? (I abstain from the forum for a while).

I already understood you are lost here. Just go back to the previous comments and compare the support each one got.

And by the way, one small detail you are ignoring. We had the correct flag. We are not asking for a new addition or for the devs to waste time with anything. It was in the game. It was changed because some snowflake start crying, as you said, here in the forums.

So I ask you this. Is too much to do the right thing and give us the option?

• Like 3

Don't know if it's been reported yet...but something is up with the steering of your divisions.

I was in a custom battle (1925, US vs IJN, I directly controlled my two ships, 2 BB vs 1 BB + 1 BC, AI was using my "shared" IJN designs and was set to "always use shared designs"). When the battle starts, the IJN ships are directly behind me. So I pull a 180 degree turn. The initial turn goes smoothly...but then my ships don't straighten out. They begin doing a serpentine maneuver, and they never straighten out. I can try to click directly ahead, but the ships are still trying to turn or serpentine. I try turning on/off AI control to see if that clears it...it didn't. Avoid isn't turned on, formation is set to tight, everyone is going cruise speed, they are both part of the same division.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I've noticed that all the ships built using "turret cruiser" hulls and other similar hulls with the main gun positions in wing mounts are like absolutely incapable of landing a shot with their main batteries, even at point blank range. Anyone else has noticed this?

Also, the "wobbling" steering hasn't been fixed. The only improvement is that now the workaround of using the manual rudder control seems to consistently work.

47 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

Wow, this update is still broken quite a bit! Ships are sometimes behaving rationally and the next moment they are drunk. Why not implementing "misinterpret order" concept from Close combat - you can give the order but ships do not understand or execute them correctly each time. And this happened quite a lot in real naval battles.

You'd need to make it so that your flagship does what you want EVERY time, though, and let the player see clearly that the other ships are misinterpreting the orders.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, o Barão said:

You are accusing me of crying because I am defending what is right? The irony is strong here.

Do you have any experience with mods?

Do you know that UAD file structure is around unity assets? You understand what it needs to edit those files to change a simple flag?

You know that every time there is an update, any mod you make will be broken because unity?

Because if you are aware of all this, please go ahead and make a mod for all of us.

I already understood you are lost here. Just go back to the previous comments and compare the support each one got.

And by the way, one small detail you are ignoring. We had the correct flag. We are not asking for a new addition or for the devs to waste time with anything. It was in the game. It was changed because some snowflake start crying, as you said, here in the forums.

So I ask you this. Is too much to do the right thing and give us the option?

"what is right" in your mind certainly.

Besides it doesn't really make it ironic given that the "weak" are not complaining here.

Also mister "strong and right" goes then on to cry about how hard modding is.

Why should I make a mod about something I don't care about? I don't have the desire to have the swastika on my ships.

So there is no actual evidence but your "feeling" that in are in the majority.

Why is it relevant? besides you are calling the people who complain showflakes but now try to put that into my mouth. Why I'm not surprise someone who wants the swastika showing that level of honesty in a debate?

I wouldn't complain about an option to turn this flag (or if someone really wants, other flags) off. But then again I didn't complain about the flags to being with.

• Like 2

Talking a bit more about flags, right? German naval flag of 1934-1945 era does not look like anything you proposed. Even the "offensive" flag that made so many uppset is not NAVAL flag used by Kriegsmarine. 

The real "nazi" naval flag was similar to imperial naval flag but with eagle and swastika added.

• Like 2

Honestly, I don't see the issue with the flag being wrong, especially in a beta for a game that's still indev. I'd be fine with a place holder, it's not even critical to the ship's design, unlike, you know, a working rudder and correct fire-control mechanisms. 
As for the Nazi flag or any other flag someone might find offensive?
If you're that offended by a Nazi flag flying on a ship, I suggest you sink that ship, and any other ship that might be flying a flag that offends you. If you hate Nazis being in a game, and you still want to play that game, chances are the game will give you an opportunity to kill them. Take it.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, SodaBit said:

I've got some quick campaign feedback here with regards to the map.
I93vwks.png
There's No Arctic Theater of War.
One of, if not the, most critical trade routes the Allies used to supply Soviet forces with Lend/Lease simply doesn't exist in game. After 1941 this became a major theater of war, as the German navy could very easily cut off Russia's Baltic ports, couldn't do anything about her Black Sea ports, so needed to control the Arctic in order to finish the blockade of the Western Soviet Union.
In UA:D however, there's no real point in sending ships up there. All you can really do as a Germany player is mine the crap out of Kiel and the Baltic, and wait for the Soviet economy to collapse. On the other hand, a Russia player just has to worry about maintaining a strong enough fleet to break through German lines, and keep trade flowing into St. Petersburg/Petrograd/Leningrad. Hopefully they don't rename it Putingrad to boost moral. There's only so many times you can change a city's name before it starts to annoy historians.

TL:DR, Please add the Russian Arctic ports so we can have another major theater of war that can actually be contested by multiple parties.

It will be added soon, but all the saves will be reset, because they will break.

Uploading in a while hotfix with important improvement in land battles and some other.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nation: Japan   Start Year: 1890   AI:  Normal   Enemies:  Historical   Fleet:  Create Own   Ship Building Behavior:  Selective

Just had a Crash To Desktop while processing a turn from April to May 1898. 

* Just before this happened Britain had collapsed.   This was followed quickly by Germany during the next turn, despite them owning all of mainland France and all of Britain's colonies in Africa.  The next turn, CTD.  I did not hit the $NaN issue that many others did.  Had 3 BBs and 4 CLs under construction with a net positive naval fund somewhere in the neighborhood of +$38 million every turn and $2.7 billion in the bank.  All sliders under Finances maxed and 27k-ish shipyard expanding. 

I was able to reload the save and continue to the next turn.  If it crashes again or if I hit the $NaN bug, I will edit this post.

Observations so far

Campaign map:

* Nothing too much of note here other than turns seem to be much slower when AI fleets are going head to head, almost as if the battle is being processed twice.  I do not know this for certain, but it would explain why turns are lightning fast during peacetime and why battles show twice in the recent events window.

* One request I would like to see is, during the peace negotiations screen, I would like to see the body of water a province belongs to listed or if it is landlocked.  This can help geographically challenged players quickly determine if they would want a specific province or not.  No use in Japan getting Cuba and having all its transports sunk in the following turns after all.  Example below:

Current:  Finland $x , Sakhalin $x
Requested: Finland - Baltic Sea $x , Sakhalin - Sea of Okhotsk $x

Hope this example makes sense.

Battle:

* I will start off by saying that the drunk helmsman problem has vastly improved!  Given a division of BBs, if you give them the order to turn, and it takes roughly 90 in game seconds to make that turn, from the moment the bow hits the new bearing the helmsman settles down after roughly 60 to 120 seconds after that depending on the tightness of the turn.  After this time has passed, the helmsman is sailing straight again.  Much better than previous patches, keep up the good work devs!!!

* Unfortunately, the news with the fire control is not as good.  Ships now enjoy shooting and torpedoing targets that are already sinking requiring the player to manually select a new target 2 or 3 times to get their gunners to snap out of it.  Sporadic targeting is better than the last patch with the gunners not selecting new targets every other shot, but a lot of work is still needed, especially in recognizing player designated targets as priority.

Overall Verdict: Vastly better than previous hotfix.  However, those that are still struggling with quick maneuvers in battle or cannot handle the fire control quirks, I still recommend the 1.09.3 Live until these are ironed out.

• Like 2