Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Minor countries do not have an _economy_, so they have no problems with maintaining an advanced fleet.

Something needs to be done in this direction, it will take a long time to work out the economy for all minor countries, so as a temporary solution, I suggest limiting their maximum fleet size.

• Like 3

Hotfix Update 3
- Repaired Target reset issues and now left side guns can fire efficiently. Manual aiming has been restored. (Fps lag when selecting own ships will be fixed).
- Balances and improvements on the Land Battle mechanics.
- Fixes and improvements on ship movement mechanics.
- Changed some aspects of the World Map (Tibet and Xinjiang will have historical ownership according to campaign start year plus others). A few more changes will follow but later because those changes will break your ongoing saves.
- Replaced Nazi flag with the Weimar flag.
- Fixed bug that did not allow ships to retreat.
- Fixed fully battles not ending after a peace treaty.
- Fixed recurring elections bug.
- Fixed remaining resolution issues of the campaign map UI. (Please report if you find anything more).
- Fixed selection problems in the campaign map when icons where too close to each other.
- Various other minor fixes and improvements.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, o Barão said:

But you are not able to design the AI ship or select a design for the AI to use in battle?

DRlQMRM.jpg

Oh, yes, I can select the design. I press "launch". AI designs the ships. The design I selected is not there at the start of the battle, rather a new, AI-generated design.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suribachi said:

This.  Real world navies do not sell their latest for a reason.

Can you not decline the sales offer?

Additionally, if you mothball some of your ships, you should receive orders for them too, has anybody noticed this?

The amount of ships that can be ordered by minor allies is limited by their port capacity. If you notice extreme examples where the Minor Ally has too many ships, please report with an image.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Additionally, if you mothball some of your ships, you should receive orders for them too, has anybody noticed this?

The amount of ships that can be ordered by minor allies is limited by their port capacity. If you notice extreme examples where the Minor Ally has too many ships, please report with an image.

The problem with mothballed ships is that it is impossible to mothball part of the fleet and at the same time wage war. During the war, you need to activate the "Add crew" button to replenish the crews. However, this will also trigger the commissioning of all mothballed ships.

I managed to play three campaigns. In two my allies (Brasil, Bulgaria, Ottomans) have bought a huge number of ships. Only in one campaign Greece bought exactly as many ships as there was enough port capacity for.

3 minutes ago, Lima said:

The problem with mothballed ships is that it is impossible to mothball part of the fleet and at the same time wage war. During the war, you need to activate the "Add crew" button to replenish the crews. However, this will also trigger the commissioning of all mothballed ships.

I managed to play three campaigns. In two my allies (Brasil, Bulgaria, Ottomans) have bought a huge number of ships. Only in one campaign Greece bought exactly as many ships as there was enough port capacity for.

Ok we will check what can be wrong and fix it.

6 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

i have played around 6 attempts now to further understand what/how it behaves, with 2 extreme gameplays of the game just deciding it not working, however in all of them i had mothballed all of my ships, i was only abled to start creating ships they never ordered from my mothballed ships, they continued forever pretty much, i think at the end one of the smaller countries got like 30~ ships in total, i mean at that point they were just a puppet of my nation in naval.. and the amount of "clicks" when you have 3+ minor nations on your team, with ground wars, and losses all at once. but then again i start from the 1890's pretty much always as a real play through

also there is a bug with either mothballing ships in the 1890's and not going to war causing the game to just melt, or the game doesn't want to exist to 1900's.

• Like 2

This is just ridiculous and honestly a lot worst than the doomstack. The artificial idiot (AI) just run away as soon as the fight start anyway without needing any wvisual sight and there's just no way to catch them. And I can't refuse this despite my force being the one "cornered" the enemy not getting cornered? And my whole task force refused to go whereever I told them simply because a single torpedo boat (yes this image is cruiser but I'm sure someone who actually play the game know that)?

Is was there for as long as the doomstack BTW.

image.png.418ed080b5d315ad202b1ca4df7f61da.png

Edited by DableUTeeF
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, DableUTeeF said:

This is just ridiculous and honestly a lot worst than the doomstack. The artificial idiot (AI) just run away as soon as the fight start anyway without needing any wvisual sight and there's just no way to catch them. And I can't refuse this despite my force being the one "cornered" the enemy not getting cornered?

Is was there for as long as the doomstack BTW.

image.png.418ed080b5d315ad202b1ca4df7f61da.png

If you have a ship that is 3kts or more faster than your target, detach it and set it to autopilot, then max out your time compression. Although the location of the enemy is unknown to you, it is known to everyone else so you just have to let the AI do the hunting for you. 

If you don't have fast enough then at the very start of the battle order all your ships to retreat and then max out your time compression.

Is it fun? is it logical? is it fair? No.

Otherwise just set your campaigns for 1930-1940 only so that you have Radar so that you don't have to hunt ships that the game says have already found eachother. 

Edited by admiralsnackbar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

If you have a ship that is 3kts or more faster than your target, detach it and set it to autopilot, then max out your time compression. 

If you don't, then at the very start of the battle order all your ships to retreat and then max out your time compression.

Autopilot is not the fastest way to catch them until you get radar because the it'll turn around at some range despite having no visual contact.

Actually the fastest way to chase is by splitting your ships into parallel lines and run slightly offset from the enemy. Because the "retreat" mode the bots use target the closest enemy so at some point you'll be able to box them in. But that is just tedious.

The problem howevere isn't about if I can catch the enemies but rather the fact that an entire task force of several battleships and cruisers can be stopped by a single torpedo boats for months instead of going whereever I order them to.

Edited by DableUTeeF

3 minutes ago, DableUTeeF said:

Autopilot is not the fastest way to catch them until you get radar because the it'll turn around at some range despite having no visual contact.

Actually the fastest way to chase is by splitting your ships into parallel lines and run slightly offset from the enemy. Because the "retreat" mode the bots use target the closest enemy so at some point you'll be able to box them in. But that is just tedious.

I have to wonder if the AI is so close to the target that it's decision to turn around is based on a desired range of its main battery guns. 

Just now, admiralsnackbar said:

I have to wonder if the AI is so close to the target that it's decision to turn around is based on a desired range of its main battery guns. 

Probably. I think it's the same logic as when they run away as soon as the fight start.

The bots always "see" every ship in the battle just don't fire the weapons.

Bug report

KUyaGAq.jpg

Manual right rudder and the ship turn left, and vice versa.

Strange pen situation.

kVbdQT2.jpg

9.8 inch vertical pen values with the 8 inch guns. All red in the main belt.

report at 7:50 - 8-inch gun managed to pen the main belt.

8U3vywj.jpg

The main belt is 14 inches iron plate (- 25% quality) : 10.5 inches

I assume there is a little RNG in the pen values, right?

2 minutes ago, DableUTeeF said:

Probably. I think it's the same logic as when they run away as soon as the fight start.

The bots always "see" every ship in the battle just don't fire the weapons.

Well, the ship needs to both be spotted and in range for the guns to fire. I don't think AI ships are kiting away to achieve a better range, necessarily. I think the calculation for the strength of ships is different in battles than in campaigns. The campaign sets up a battle and then in the battle the AI gets cold feet and runs away. 

1 minute ago, admiralsnackbar said:

Well, the ship needs to both be spotted and in range for the guns to fire. I don't think AI ships are kiting away to achieve a better range, necessarily. I think the calculation for the strength of ships is different in battles than in campaigns. The campaign sets up a battle and then in the battle the AI gets cold feet and runs away. 

For when setting "autopilot" to chase and they turn away slightly? They always do that when in some range to present the entire broadside.

When the battle happen and the immediately run away? Yes they were "hard coded" that at some "power projection" differences they should retreat.

BTW, as a machine learning engineer I feels kinda hard pressed to call these things "AI". Artifical yes. But inttelligence?

20 minutes ago, DableUTeeF said:

With the recent foreign shipbuilding, I think having shipyard capacity here so we can better choose whether or not we should build a ship for someone else would be really helpful.

But what a nice amount of money there.

image.png.84ba6088381aaa95bee0d17bf6e03aee.png

looks like your campaign is over, i got that and it was the end for my campaign. 

3 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

looks like your campaign is over, i got that and it was the end for my campaign. 

It causes the growth to became -100% which will end the campaing as economic collapse. I reported that in game but here is just suggesting adding more info on this panel.

• Like 1