Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

1 minute ago, admiralsnackbar said:

How do you do landings? I move fleets close to the shore using 'invade' mission and nothing happens. 

Politics > actions > naval invasion then position a large fleet with an "invade" order in the maritime region.

1 hour ago, admiralsnackbar said:

How do you do landings? I move fleets close to the shore using 'invade' mission and nothing happens. 

After declaring war , go to diplomacy choose invasion. Then choose provence. Next turn move oodles of ships near diamond. It works but gets buggy when fighting overland like Cuba.

34 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

i am at war with a few countries but the option to select naval invasion is not there.

I have noticed that there may be a bug with this. I ran across it with China. Also I cannot invade in Asia it may be due to the way the map is laid out. I will try again.

23 minutes ago, Lima said:

Politics > actions > naval invasion then position a large fleet with an "invade" order in the maritime region.

You shouldn't need to go through the politics tab when you've already got it on the Fleet.

18 minutes ago, Urst said:

You shouldn't need to go through the politics tab when you've already got it on the Fleet.

That's not enough. In politics, you need to give an order to prepare for an invasion, then the fleet with the "invade "order can carry it out.

5 minutes ago, Lima said:

That's not enough. In politics, you need to give an order to prepare for an invasion, then the fleet with the "invade "order can carry it out.

I'm saying that that's backwards and shouldn't be how it is.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Urst said:

I'm saying that that's backwards and shouldn't be how it is.

I think it makes sense. We need to negotiate with these crazy guys from the army. But it would be better to be able to understand what is going on in general, what are the chances of landing success, except for "Well, we can do it" and receiving loss reports.

I just noticed that the italian semi dreadnought and the russian and spanish turret  cruisers are still buildable in 1940. 

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but they make excellent memeship material so please don't fix them. 

MkL8E3U.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lima said:

I think it makes sense. We need to negotiate with these crazy guys from the army. But it would be better to be able to understand what is going on in general, what are the chances of landing success, except for "Well, we can do it" and receiving loss reports.

For the game it's garbage. I don't care if it makes sense, this game isn't enough of a sim for me to be willing to accept it. For quality of life alone it should just be in the fleet menu.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

Well, I have revised the information provided by other users, and while it is true that the usage of Nazi symbols are no longer completely forbidden in Germany, their usage still require to be given explicit approval by German game rating board in a case by case basis. So it could still be a potential problem.

This is probably to avoid any possible praise of the stupid Nazism ideology. Not the case here.

13 hours ago, The PC Collector said:

Given the connotations that symbology has, people has all the right to become offended or feel uncomfortable by its usage. As an spanish, for example, I would feel very uncomfortable playing in late ages if the Francoist flag had been included.

So, all in all, I think removing the Nazi flag and any other which could have similar connotations is a good moving. Having them included by default in the game is more trouble than it is worth, and whoever want them can always mod them in.

Let's dismantle your argument.

The Nazi flag bothers you, but you don't have any issues with the Soviet Union flag in the game? You want to compare the horrors by these two fascist regimes? Maybe you didn't know that 4 millions Ukrainians died in the Holodomor? Maybe you are already forgotten the suffering population from the occupied nations from East Europe in the hands of the soviets after WW2?

Poland, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia.

And I am not mentioned the numbers of Russians who died or that were forced to go to the Gulag in Siberia because of this terror regime because in reality, no one knows how many millions they were.

So why the Soviet flag but not the Nazi flag? Maybe because they were on the winning side? That is your reason? Because England lacked the balls to declare war on them when they invaded Poland in 1939?

Are you telling me that only the Jews life matters?

You are starting to see the irony the moment you open the Pandora box?

Let's continue...

Imperial Japanese flag. Hated by 1.3 billions Chinese because of the Nanjing massacre and many other horrors the population suffered in the hands of the invaders. Maybe we should ask the Chinese if they don't have any issues with this flag in game, right? Is only fair.

Spanish, Portugal and USA flags are in the game? Are the Native Americans suffering not important?

British flag? The greatest drug dealers from the XIX century in game? Are we praising drugs now?

I can find terrible horrors for most countries in game. Are we going to ban everything and hide behind the carpet now? Ignore history? To pretend it never happened?

History is there for anyone to read, study and learn from the mistakes from the past, so we don't do the same in the future.

History flags should be the default option.

And if you want to mod them, here is my suggestion to all the snowflakes out there.

yMbCjNi.jpg

Pokémon flags for all the countries that in some way hurt your feelings.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

One serious issue that already exists for a while and was also reported by others already is that taskforce movement is delayed by a turn should that taskforce be caught in a mission.

Example in my current game in most recent hotfix:

UAD_MissionVsMoving.png.bba7cd0764832d988b123c157260752e.png

I put that taskforce here in the hopes i could blockade Britain, did not work so i wanted to get them back to Pula (upgrades etc).

So for over a year in game this taskforces gets pulled into a mission vs 1 to 3 TBs of england every turn and they never moved. By now i also ended up with a war vs France (possibly because that taskforce beeing there so long) and finally a mission was generated vs my Taskforce here vs a french one (BBs etc, so less likely you load into battle just to have them run away).

Issue is, since my TF was locked there for a year its entirely out of ammo and since you cannot move them you end up beeing stuck.

Something else: I think autoresolve does not regard if your fleet even has ammo

--> actually i just tested by autoresolving next turn and indeed you can sink enemy ships without any ammo ^^

I am aware you are pretty busy with fixing other stuff but possibly you can sneak in some improvement there ?

Edited by Cryadis

Just now, Norbert Sattler said:

Is there any way to provoke invasion events against minor nations, or are we at the full mercy of RnG?

And, I might add, is there a way to PREVENT an invasion against a minor nation?
During my campaign for China my government decided to invade Korea, which basically forced me into a war against US, Britain and Japan simultaneously due to a sharp relationship drop
I would like at least a vote in such matters (like the player gets to advise the government on whether to make peace), and maybe even a veto option which would cost some amount of naval prestige

• Like 1

ok a couble of things they need to fix is the gun aiming and i just had a serius bug that would not let me enter a battle a standard ship to ship battle and i could only auto resolve the battle and it got me 2 loose a dd and then i wanted to exit the game but somehow it would not let me click exit to menu also i would love an awnser of how the ai is getting victory points if its not the old free vp again i just re started a war with germany and the already had 5000 vp from what i would love to know

Edited by kineuhansen

3 minutes ago, kineuhansen said:

ok a couble of things they need to fix is the gun aiming and i just had a serius bug that would not let me enter a battle a standard ship to ship battle and i could only auto resolve the battle and it got me 2 loose a dd and then i wanted to exit the game but somehow it would not let me click exit to menu

I have the same bug. Just directly close the game, it autosaves. 

30 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Can minor nations build ships of their own, when they have a port or at they fully reliant on buying ships from majors?

I feel they don't need any more ability to acquire ships, in my campaign as the US my Belgian allies managed to buy a fleet larger than the British Grand Fleet and the German High Seas Fleet combined

11 minutes ago, Nickthenuker said:

I feel they don't need any more ability to acquire ships, in my campaign as the US my Belgian allies managed to buy a fleet larger than the British Grand Fleet and the German High Seas Fleet combined

Yeah. It seems that small countries are not limited economically in any way. They buy ships in very large quantities, my shipyards are constantly full.

National nerritories

Germany ate France and included the population of France in the "Home state population". I call it a national territory because the population is included in yours. It looks like all the territories in the game are divided into national and colonies, and the captured national territory of another country will also be your national territory.

982.jpg

2 hours ago, o Barão said:

This is probably to avoid any possible praise of the stupid Nazism ideology. Not the case here.

Let's dismantle your argument.

The Nazi flag bothers you, but you don't have any issues with the Soviet Union flag in the game? You want to compare the horrors by these two fascist regimes? Maybe you didn't know that 4 millions Ukrainians died in the Holodomor? Maybe you are already forgotten the suffering population from the occupied nations from East Europe in the hands of the soviets after WW2?

Poland, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia.

And I am not mentioned the numbers of Russians who died or that were forced to go to the Gulag in Siberia because of this terror regime because in reality, no one knows how many millions they were.

So why the Soviet flag but not the Nazi flag? Maybe because they were on the winning side? That is your reason? Because England lacked the balls to declare war on them when they invaded Poland in 1939?

Are you telling me that only the Jews life matters?

You are starting to see the irony the moment you open the Pandora box?

Let's continue...

Imperial Japanese flag. Hated by 1.3 billions Chinese because of the Nanjing massacre and many other horrors the population suffered in the hands of the invaders. Maybe we should ask the Chinese if they don't have any issues with this flag in game, right? Is only fair.

Spanish, Portugal and USA flags are in the game? Are the Native Americans suffering not important?

British flag? The greatest drug dealers from the XIX century in game? Are we praising drugs now?

I can find terrible horrors for most countries in game. Are we going to ban everything and hide behind the carpet now? Ignore history? To pretend it never happened?

History is there for anyone to read, study and learn from the mistakes from the past, so we don't do the same in the future.

History flags should be the default option.

And if you want to mod them, here is my suggestion to all the snowflakes out there.

yMbCjNi.jpg

Pokémon flags for all the countries that in some way hurt your feelings.

Never said the Nazi flag disturbs me. Only that might cause issues. And if I'm an "snowflake" for not wanting to see the emblem of a 40 year dictatorship which devastated my country... then I have nothing else to discuss with you. As I can clearly see that your only position is insult anyone who disagrees with you.

2 minutes ago, The PC Collector said:

Never said the Nazi flag disturbs me. Only that might cause issues. And if I'm an "snowflake" for not wanting to see the emblem of a 40 year dictatorship which devastated my country... then I have nothing else to discuss with you. As I can clearly see that your only position is insult anyone who disagrees with you.

I feel the same way about the French, Soviets, Fascist Italy, and the British, yet I don't complain about their flags being there.

The Soviets tried to kill my Grandfathers family for being Jewish landowners and the Fascist Italians tried to kill my Grandmothers family for being landed nobility. The British are the Eternal Enemies of the U.S. no matter what the government says, and the French are universally rude and stuck-up.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1