Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

Issues with the gun layout in the UI?

bMkkoOp.jpg

4x8 inch turrets in the middle in a group. But not the other 2 turrets in the middle, placed on the stern.

0ughTeS.jpg

The 2 turrets in the middle, in the stern, are in a group. However, they also have a side turret in the same group. So a group with middle and side guns mixed.

Yeah there's no possible way for me to even defend myself outside sheer luck at this point. I figured to just let the AI battle itself but that's absolute garbage too. I'm down to 36% transports, 17 ships, and the vp score is a virtual tie at this stage of the game. Versus CHINA. And Spain and France are actively seeking poor relations alongside Russia. I have no idea what they could possibly get out of it.

There is no point in playing this at all until the problems with battles is resolved. Good luck.

Edited by Admiral Donuts
  • Like 2

Well, I'll summarize everything I've been able to test for today.

Critical bugs

1. Drunk ships at battle + strong freezes in battles with about 20 ships

The ships are behaving just crazy, the choice of targets is absolutely broken. The best tactic is to let them shoot where they want. In addition, even in medium battles there are very strong freezes.

2. "Next turn" hang up

This is much worse than "Update mission" hang up, because nothing happens in this turn, nothing at all.

3. A crazy army that doesn't care about the peace agreement.

The army continues to fight hard when peace has long been concluded. This is a big problem if your army is weaker and you won the war with the fleet.

Strategic map

Actually, it's done well. A lot of work has been done. There are many shortcomings, such as the entire population of Ukraine living in Crimea and stronk Sweden. Some ports are inaccessible, also, for example, Qingdao still cannot be taken away from the Germans.

Oil and politics

Why are they together? Well, let's say I need oil for Italy. I know that there is oil in Libya. But I can't just attack Ottomans. I have to wait for RNG. It is VERY necessary to be able to choose to attack a minor, just as it is done with major powers. This problem is very critical for countries with low oil production.

Also, I would like to be able to change the government somehow. Because, you know, communism/absolute monarchy are garbage. I think, say, with 1000 naval prestige, I could stage a coup.

Designer

There are a lot of problems with new hulls, they have already been partially listed.

TF clashes

Perhaps it seems to me, but the interaction of TF feels better. I could be wrong, I haven't had many battles, because every battle involves drunken ships and lasts a very long time.

AI

Strategic AI seems much better. Ship movements make sense and AI crushes rebellions very well.

Of course, the combat AI is also drunk (perhaps all these freezes are connected with the fact that the AI is trying to make its ships act as they should?)

Edited by Lima
AI
  • Like 13

Tested for about 2 hours this morning so far the bugs I've found are as follows.

When a mission to support a rebellion appears you can move as much tonnage as needed there and it still doesn't register for the mission. 

During a battle, the ships are acting like a string in the wind both AI and player controlled ships are affected. This needs to be fixed ASAP. 

6 hours ago, Stephensan said:

perhaps the change of letting us "suggest" what we can do casues the issue..

and that issue was there before 1.09 i had issues where i sign peace and then still needed to fight 3-4 missions on them even after peace was signed, or sign peace and next turn go back to war... so i assume it wasn't just 1.10. don't get me wrong i had times where i signed peace in 1.09 and it stopped all missions, but a few of them still stayed in certain campaigns..

You don't actually get to decide to peace out. you are only recommending peace to your government. The recommendation can go ignored. The dialogue box doesn't make that clear enough.

Ive been having an issue where if I turn my ship right, it turns left and vice versa. Another issue is my ship keeps rapidly changing which targets to fire at without allowing me to just select one target to hit. It will also select multiple targets even if they are the furthest targets.

• Like 3

End turn, update mission, return to main menu, contine campaign. 3 min wasted.

Mission spawn, 1 ca vs 2 cl, enemy cl run. 5 min wasted.

Enf turn, update mission, return to main menu, contine campaign. 3 min wasted.

Mission spawn, 1 ca +10 tr vs 2 cl, enemy cl run. 5 min wasted.

Hour passed, no single fight - only load screens and ship moving animation. I have no words to tell how fun gameplay is!

Mission spawn, 1 ca + 2 tr vs 2 cl + tb, enemy run. 5 min wasted.

Well, i think i done, will see you year later if that game will be alive.

Edited by jkl
  • Like 2

one issue i in game reported in 1.09 still exists:

double reporting of fights, see attached screenshot:

UAD_double reporting.png

also sorry for the screenshot beeing dark, i figured i report it while beeing kinde stuck on "update missions"

Edited by Cryadis

3 hours ago, Norbert Sattler said:

I just booted the newly patched game up and I'm already confused...

Why does Austria-Hungary now have the black and yellow flag? oO

If I remember history class correctly that's the flag of the Habsburgs, not Austria as a whole and especially not Austria-Hungary.

Welcome to a topic so ridiculous it has its own Wikipedia entry 😂 Pretty much any choice the developers make is going to be wrong when it comes to AH flags. The black and gold one is fine IMO because it was used as the unofficial flag of the Empire a fair bit.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Cryadis said:

one issue i in game reported in 1.09 still exists:

double reporting of fights, see attached screenshot:

UAD_double reporting.png

also sorry for the screenshot beeing dark, i figured i report it while beeing kinde stuck on "update missions"

if you can open up the options menu you're not actually stuck. 

Return to the menu and reload the campaign. 

You're going to have to do this every single turn until unless they fix it.