Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

7 minutes ago, admiralsnackbar said:

if you can open up the options menu you're not actually stuck. 

Return to the menu and reload the campaign. 

You're going to have to do this every single turn until unless they fix it. 

Yes, I am aware of that, but besides this is unlikely to how the game should play, i think there is a good chance corrupting the save in one way or another they way (causing further issues down the line).

As for testing 1.10 getting "stuck" like that seems quite frequent on the steps "End Turn" and "Update missions"

Overall a good patch, but I have encountered two nearly game breaking bugs. Adjusting ships course is bugged. The heading indication line will start squirming all over the place as if the AI is trying to avoid another ship (no other ships around) and it has multiple zig zags in it. The line will eventually stabilize but then your ship is not heading in the correct direction. The second, and by far the more frustrating, you have no control over which target your ships are shooting at. The ai will auto target and ignore any input you give. Oddly enough this only affects guns and not torpedoes.

Current, and only campaign so far is UK 1940 start.

For the bug causing turns to break specifically the one that gets turns stuck on 'Next Turn' not 'Update Missions' it seems to be directly caused by Land Battles, most notably when the game attempts to complete the land battle something is going wrong not allowing the turn to work properly, this can destroy campaigns especially if you have a chain of land battles trying to end.

11 minutes ago, Cryadis said:

Yes, I am aware of that, but besides this is unlikely to how the game should play, i think there is a good chance corrupting the save in one way or another they way (causing further issues down the line).

As for testing 1.10 getting "stuck" like that seems quite frequent on the steps "End Turn" and "Update missions"

oh it's definitely broken, there's no way they can release the game like that because it's going to look like a bug. It just sounded like you didn't know about the 'fix' 

Woo had my first war and my first battle and encountered the battle encounters other reported.

To the glaring issues on Nick's initial post i'd strongly suggest to add:

* drunk sailors unable to sail a straight line (i figured it works if you go by setting the rudder if it helps)

* Ending Turns getting stuck at steps "End Trun" and "Updating Missions"

i am aware this is a beta, but for now I wait for the next Hotfix / update.

51 minutes ago, brothermunro said:

Welcome to a topic so ridiculous it has its own Wikipedia entry 😂 Pretty much any choice the developers make is going to be wrong when it comes to AH flags. The black and gold one is fine IMO because it was used as the unofficial flag of the Empire a fair bit.

They can just put the naval flag.

I'd like to start off by advocating for the ships to no longer be captained by the conductor from The Polar Express. Selecting targets should be permanent until I designate another target because their current selection method messes with the solutions of my other ships. Manual steering lags the game down when adjustments are made. I keep getting stuck on updating missions.

In IL-2 the game differentiates between left shift/alt/ctrl and right shift/alt/ctrl, I think this system would be nice to have when designating targets to the port or starboard sides.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

I wouldn't call it a fix. Using the menu to exit the turn while it has not completed, well that must corrupt the game in some way. It's a serious issue.

Currently the 'fix' does help when you have got to Updating Missions bug part of ending a turn as a majority of the turn has already been processed you just won't get any missions if you do use the 'fix' for that however with the more serious turn breaking bug the going to main menu 'fix' is close to worthless as while you can get lucky and the land battle breaking the turn is processed and you can continue your campaign most of the time the campaign will become broken and absolutely nothing will change between turns other than the date.

Is the manual key blinding for targeting 'Alternate Side Target' working?

All Weapons Select Target:                     Right Mouse Click.
All Mains Target:                                      Shift+Alt+Right Click.
All Secondaries Target:                           Alt+Right Click.
All Torpedo Target:                                  Shift+Right Click.
Alternate Side Mains Target:                  CTRL+Shift+Alt Right Click.     Working.
Alternate Side Secondaries Target:       CTRL+Alt+Right Click.              Doesn't seem to be working.
Alternate Side Torpedo Target:              CTRL+Shift+Right Click.          Doesn't seem to be working, though maybe not implemented. 

Is auto selection is overriding manual input?

And ship weapons display is all over the place...

ZvRq8rd.png 

Edited by Skeksis

Found another bug. When presented with an option that has two choices, I.e. X country wants to buy Y ship, the option on the left, yes, is glitched. you can click on it but the notification doesnt go away. If you click the left option, no in this case, it will close the dialogue. It appears as if the option of selling a ship starts the bug because after it happens and you have to click no, any other option such as confirming a move order of a task force etc the confirm, or left option, can not be used. This requires a reload of the campaign. 

Edit: after this glitch starts you have to force close the game because when you click on the exit to main menu the confirmation of that is bugged as well.

Edited by EK4892

19 minutes ago, Skeksis said:

And ship weapons display is all over the place...

ZvRq8rd.png 

The left most weapon is the bow weapon, usually "A" turret's weapon group.  So if you have a fore and aft twin 2x12", both are listed under this weapon.  Then you have the starboard weapons listed on top and port weapons listed below them.  Took me a hot minute to figure that out, especially since the damage model is facing the other way.  

Additionally, the damage model is still near impossible to pick superstructure and weapon damage out from the hull damage.

Edited by Suribachi

Hotfix Update 2
- Fixed several bugs that created crashes/instability in the campaign.
- Fixed texture problems and other issues of some new hulls.
- Fixed resolution issues in the campaign interface.
- Fixed French Colony Reunion not having a port.
- Fixed Sweden's overloaded army conscription.
- Fixed UI issue not allowing you to select some ports due to sea region label obstruction.
- Finalized UI aid that helps you to find your ships on map (Double click Area/Port in Fleet/Submarines window to zoom into the map location).
- Fixed a ship maneuver logic which could make ships stall while turning.
- Disabled AI rebellion/conquest icons on map. These were temporarily active to help the debugging and they were never assigned wrongly to the human player.
- Partially fixed missions not expiring after a peace treaty with the enemy.

Please have a little patience for the targeting reset problems. As we had mentioned in the feedback thread, this is a known issue of the new fire control feature, and hopefully tomorrow we will have its solution.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hotfix Update 2
- Fixed several bugs that created crashes/instability in the campaign.
- Fixed texture problems and other issues of some new hulls.
- Fixed resolution issues in the campaign interface.
- Fixed French Colony Reunion not having a port.
- Fixed Sweden's overloaded army conscription.
- Fixed UI issue not allowing you to select some ports due to sea region label obstruction.
- Finalized UI aid that helps you to find your ships on map (Double click Area/Port in Fleet/Submarines window to zoom into the map location).
- Fixed a ship maneuver logic which could make ships stall while turning.
- Disabled AI rebellion/conquest icons on map. These were temporarily active to help the debugging and they were never assigned wrongly to the human player.
- Partially fixed missions not expiring after a peace treaty with the enemy.

Please have a little patience for the targeting reset problems. As we had mentioned in the feedback thread, this is a known issue of the new fire control feature, and hopefully tomorrow we will have its solution.

PLEASE RESTART STEAM TO DOWNLOAD

Appreciate the quick fixes. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

I've got some feedback here on the AI's ship buying habits.
I didn't think I'd be getting any foreign orders playing as Weimar Germany, but I've actually managed to sell a few ships to both Argentina and Bulgaria, the later of which has given me some cause for concern. 

S7RIudz.png

It's not that I'm worried about facing these ships in combat, but rather what their fate will be after arriving in Bulgaria. They weigh over 45,000 tons each, but the largest port in Bulgaria, Varna, isn't actually large enough to support these vessels.
mRZqV13.png

Varna can only support a measly 26,300 tons, and the only other port in the country Burgas, can support even less, at about 25,000 tons.
So the Bulgarians have ordered 3 modern battlecruisers, and have nowhere to put them.
I'd also like to note that the ships started construction with German names, meaning the flagship of the Bulgarian navy would have been commissioned as Gneisenau, and the Argentinians would have had their coasted being patrolled by the likes of ARA Fraunlob and ARA Stettin. I've taken the liberty of giving foreign orders names suitable for the navies they're going to, but the AI isn't as attentive to such things, so there's a few oddities like HMRAS Pittsburg and NMS Ibuki sailing around.
There are more pressing issues that need to be fixed, but this is still one of those things I'd like to see improved.

• Like 2

Pj279Tv.jpg

05:42 Warship run out of ammo for 1x4 Deck torpedo tubes

This information should not be available for the player

- Now I know there are torpedoes in the water, way before I can spot them.

- The target is not identified, but still the game is telling me this ship doesn't have torpedo reloads.

- This ruins any chance for the AI to ambush the player with torpedoes.

• Like 1

The turns have become MUCH better.

Thanks for fixing Sweden but the problem with the population of Ukraine remained.

The mad army continues to kill people in an unnecessary war...

Need...more...oil...

111.jpg

Remember guys, it's not worth messing with China

1223.jpg

My Kaiser...

1114.jpg

Edited by Lima
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Lima said:

For some reason, the Republic of China is communists. And this is a problem, because the communists are the worst government in the game for GDP (reverse Victoria 3). I don't want to be a communist, how can I change that...

1234.jpg

This actually is a huge historical inaccuracy. One that really tweaks me given how long I've studied this time period in Chinas history. Time for a brief lesson, keep in mind this is a gross oversimplification, and please devs, take note. 

Qing China in 1911 was replaced with the Beiyang Republic following the Xinhai revolution, this government is not a communist power, the early Chinese Communist Party is still well in it's infancy during this time,( little more than groups in universities and the like) The Beiyang Government is a Federal Parliamentary Republic founded under President Sun Yat Sen using the following flag. This flag should be the flag of china from 1911 to 1928

800px-Flag_of_China_(1912%E2%80%931928).

Long story short, this government falls apart pretty baddly. During the Xinhai revolution, a deal was cut with the leader of the Beiyang Army (Beiyang meaning literally northren ocean) a man named Yuan Shikai which would see him given the first presedency of the republic if said Beiyang Army would side with the rebels aganist the Qing. At the time of the Xinhai revolution, China had multiple different regional armies, and the Beiyang Army was the most modern and westren in the country. Yuan Shikai forced the Qing royal family to step down, thus preventing excessive and drawn out bloodshed and Sun in turn would step down and hand the presidency over to Yuan Shikai. The deal however was that he was to move the capital away from Bijing and away from his regional power source (the aformentioned Beiyang Army) to Nanjing, which was heavily under the influence of the Tongmenghui, the nationalist secret society who Sun had created to bring about changing China into a Republic. It's at this point I want to note the these Nationalists aren't the same kind of extreme Nationalists in say, Nazi Germany. These are Nationalists whose goal is simply to build a modren, democratic Chinese Nation. 

Anyways Yuan Shikai screws it all up when in 1916 he dissolves parliament, rewrites the constitution and crowns himself the new Emperor of china. This sparks the National Protection War, and the new Chinese Empire, (which has it's own flag, but it's not really that important here) lasts about 80 days, Yuan abdicates and then died. This however caused a lot of things, way to many for me to get into right now, but it resulted into China fracturing into multiple Warlord Cliques, all vying for power and dominance in China, but none powerful enough to fully unify China under their dictatorial control. Effectively which ever warlord controlled Beijing was the warlord the rest of the world considered to be the defacto leader of the country, and the big man on top that they would officially do all sorts of international deals with. (spoilers, they did all sorts of deals with other warlords anyways, ya know, gun running, smuggling, etc) It's a really interesting time in chinese history, full of warlords and civil wars and general unrest. I highly reccomend anyone reading up on the "Warlord Era." But effectivly from 1916 to 1926 China is a mess, with upwards of 50+ cliques all squabbling and infighting for the rightful leadership of the country as a whole.

In 1926 a rival government, the Kuomingtang, a party more in line with Sun's original teachings and a direct offspring of the Tongmenghui crops up in the south of China, at the time a combination that including the Chinese Communist Party. The KMT  under the leadership of  Chiang Kai-Shek launch a war to drive out the Warlords and unify China, and by 1928 has more or less have done so; by directly controlling about half of the country and having the remaining warlords swear loyalty and obedience to the Nationalist Government in Nanjing. It is during this time that the Nationalists and Communists split (when Nanjing is taken from it's local warlord, communist troops go on a rampage attacking foreign extra territorial concessions and foreigners alike, and Chiang, fearing an intervention from the treaty nations which would end his bid to unify the country, tries to purge the communist element in the KMT), and the Civil War between the two starts. They would only kinda unify again during the War of Resistance, when Japan invades later in the 30s. The Nationalists have this flag, which should be the flag of China from 1928 through the end of the game. 

1920px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_China.svg

The eagle eyed among you may note that is the flag of Taiwan. Well yes, that's because Taiwan is the Republic of China, and they only fled to the island in 1949 when the CCP took full control of the mainland, and technically the two are still in a civil war. 

With the timeline laid out in this game of 1890 through 1940, there should be No Communist China period. I suspect that the only reason the devs have done this is because they can't sell this game in China if that above flag is present, or any true history of a KMT ruled china is alluded to. 

Tl;dr there should be No Communist China. 

A side note, goddang it took 12 minutes to load a campaign. 

• Like 8

It would be logical that in addition to building ships for sale, it would be possible to sell ready-made ships to small nations, for example obsolete ones. For example, he clicked on the "Put up for sale" button and within a few moves they are transferred to those in need, as a result, the player has a fleet update and a good replenishment of the budget.

• Like 3

Just now, spinaker said:

It would be logical that in addition to building ships for sale, it would be possible to sell ready-made ships to small nations, for example obsolete ones. For example, he clicked on the "Put up for sale" button and within a few moves they are transferred to those in need, as a result, the player has a fleet update and a good replenishment of the budget.

Please this!  Better than scrapping them for nothing or sending them to die.

• Like 1