Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

It will be added soon, but all the saves will be reset, because they will break.

Uploading in a while hotfix with important improvement in land battles and some other.

Thanks Nick!

Edited by Alnitak

You will never make everyone happy about flags and border line.

A. Provide multiple choices. Let everyone choose what they like.

B. Make it easy to modding.

C. Make it ambiguous, don't show it. But this choice is nearly impossible for a strategy game like UAD. And players won't like a ship without flag.

D. Choose one and stick to it. Be prepared for criticism and negative reviews on STEAM.

• Thanks 1

This dissolving mechanism is a bit too much. 1890 campaign, AH. Italy lost a war in 1894, paid reparations(money only) and dissolved. A few months later Russia dissolved. Spain went to war with China and dissolved after a few turns. Economic collapse bug I presume. Why dissolving countries anyway? Just make revolution and change government type, lower BDP. Erasing nations off map is a bit too radical and gamebreaking.

• Like 10

35 minutes ago, Zuikaku said:

This dissolving mechanism is a bit too much. 1890 campaign, AH. Italy lost a war in 1894, paid reparations(money only) and dissolved. A few months later Russia dissolved. Spain went to war with China and dissolved after a few turns. Economic collapse bug I presume. Why dissolving countries anyway? Just make revolution and change government type, lower BDP. Erasing nations off map is a bit too radical and gamebreaking.

Shame you can only give one like. We have been asking for nations to not disappear since the mechanic was introduced in 1.0.6...

• Like 2

An interesting bug is that my raid fleet is trying to escape after a successful battle, but AI keep catching up with it.

3xCwBoL.jpg

Jlf1ZiA.jpg

My ships are running away again and again, but they are being overtaken and overtaken again, and they are running away again. As a result, my raid fleet is stuck in one place, the "Battle" and "Struggle" missions are constantly appearing.

P.S. The fleet continues to shoot at ships with the status of "sinking". Still better than the complete impossibility of manual fire control.

Edited by TAKTCOM
WAR FOR IMPROVEMENT
  • Like 2

I just had something odd happen.

My Austria-Hungary and Germany independently went to war with Russia. The Russians launched an attack on Galicia form Ukrain, while the Germany started an invasion of Ukrain.

Two rounds later Ukrain "collapsed under attack from many sides" (or something like that) and is now independant, with both the invasions to and from there being cancelled.

Is this intended or a bug?

On a different note, absolutely wrecking enemy BBs with coastal defense ships of less than half the BB's displacement is immensely satisfying. ^^

Edited by Norbert Sattler

1 hour ago, The PC Collector said:

Shame you can only give one like. We have been asking for nations to not disappear since the mechanic was introduced in 1.0.6...

I think the devs answer was that dissolved nations would break up into minor nations and have a chance of reuniting or something
That would be a good solution from my point of view, yet sadly it's still not implemented. Would love to see it introduced at some point in 1.1

I'm not willing/wanting to attempt to debug/find more bugs until the "All Nations Dissolve" and %NaN bug is fixed, i have just attempted two additional 1890's Campaigns in 1.1.(3) Hotfix, and both got the all nations dissolve and %NaN bug, within one/two turns and this is not passive gameplay, not being able to get out of 1890's is getting rather frustrating.. I don't know how else to report such an issue if its within a single turn or two, and i have posted previously where BOTH failed at the same time before 1900's, with another one having a 5+ minute waiting time bug with nothing happening.

Yep, also fell victim to the NaN bug. I had one war with Russia which I won and my economy was doing really well, being the third-biggest of the world (as Austria-Hungary) with steady growth, then my monthly balance NaN'd, the next month my available money followed and the next month the game was over.

12 minutes ago, Norbert Sattler said:

Yep, also fell victim to the NaN bug. I had one war with Russia which I won and my economy was doing really well, being the third-biggest of the world (as Austria-Hungary) with steady growth, then my monthly balance NaN'd, the next month my available money followed and the next month the game was over.

its almost every match, where you think you are safe, you are not, people say it could be due to your transport ships going to zero, i can confirm, thats not the case, it just "dies" whenever it wants to, Trying to play with people across the sea's using Parsec (due to really wanting multiplayer) we do this, for us to get going, for the game to end due to this bug is just enough for me to just stop playing until some hotfix fixes it.

5 hours ago, TAKTCOM said:

An interesting bug is that my raid fleet is trying to escape after a successful battle, but AI keep catching up with it.

3xCwBoL.jpg

Jlf1ZiA.jpg

My ships are running away again and again, but they are being overtaken and overtaken again, and they are running away again. As a result, my raid fleet is stuck in one place, the "Battle" and "Struggle" missions are constantly appearing.

P.S. The fleet continues to shoot at ships with the status of "sinking". Still better than the complete impossibility of manual fire control.

Practically the same situation I posted here. Unavoidable battles that labeled as advantageous for the player somehow caused the entire task force to stay in place instead of following orders. 

20 hours ago, DableUTeeF said:

image.png.418ed080b5d315ad202b1ca4df7f61da.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I am playing an 1890s campaign as Spain and so far I am enjoying it, with a few caveats.

1. Turns still take too long. In 1.10.2 it was always the update mission part that could take 5+ minutes to complete. With 1.10.3 it is sometimes stuck on update missions, sometimes on build ships.
  2. Enemies accept battle on the strategy map then run away. It's not a fun way to spend 3-5 minutes trying to chase them down. It's really egregious when both sides are matched in tonnage.
  3. I like the shipbuilding capacity system, it's another minigame that works with the overall whole. I'd love a way to increase capacity manually, or a system that puts ships in a build queue if you go over capacity.

Overall though things are coming along nicely. The diplomacy system is a good start, I'd love an option like a non-aggression pact to reduce tension on an ongoing bases. I also appreciate the task force cap, I've already had some better battles because the AI seems like it can coordinate smaller numbers of ships better.

The Dissolution pandemic

I've run two super fast campaigns, it looks like I've escaped the NaN curse, but...

China 1920-1928

Japan: death after the first war with me (1922)

Germany: quickly captured France, broke up shortly after (1923)

Britain: collapsed for no reason (1924)

USA: fought with SPain, broke up (1924)

SPain: broke up during the war with the Corsican Empire (France is still alive yeah) (1925)

Italy/Austria-Hungary - waged war, Italy was the first to collapse, then Austria-Hungary (1926/1927)

The Soviets - broke up after my offensive in Siberia (1928)

So the Corsican Empire and I remained on the map, and the Corsican Empire has 7 minor allies (I have 2).

Germany 1930-1944

My army quickly captured France (except Сorsica), Austria and Hungary (for some reason, the army did not go to Croatia, we had to make peace).

1932 - the collapse of Britain due to the blockade (although I didn't do much damage to Britan, compared to previous versions of the game)

1933 - collapse of the remnants of "Austria-Hungary"

1935 - Japan and China have broken up

1936 - SPain disintegrated after my invasion (I have huge losses despite the superiority of 4 to 1)

1938 - A similar thing happened with Italy

1939 - The Soviets broke up for no reason (they didn't fight anyone at all)

1938-1943 - six of my unsuccessful attempts to capture the Corsican Fortress. Every time I have absolute superiority at sea ("France" has 1-3 ships + submarines), the ratio of losses is in my favor every time, four super-BBs participated in the last two invasions, but Corsica could not be captured. I thought that these 200K Frenchmen would run out, but they use soldiers from the colonies.

1944 - The US broke up after two years of war with me (most of the battles was won by the Colombian navy, the second fleet in the world after mine).

The Corsican Empire still stands.

General observations

1. Obviously, the disintegration of the country is happening too fast. This is the other extreme compared to 1.09. Several times I have seen how the nation tried to revolt the neutrals, but they were never able to capture the whole old country and then disintegrated again.
  2. There is too little impact on the fighting on land. Yes, I understand that I am an "admiral". But I can declare war. My fleet will be ready, but the army will not. I can't even advise them to start mobilizing (if your opponent has been fighting for a long time, its army will be much larger than yours). I can't start bombardment to help the army. I can't give them money if they have problems.
  3. Naval invasions. Small islands are easy to capture, but if you want to capture something like Corsica/Sicily...I want to see the details of the ongoing battle (like an arrow in ground battles) and understand what the probability of victory is.
  4. The interaction of the TF feels better, but far from perfect.
  5. Submarines still a pain in the ass.
  6. The behavior of ships in battle is a well-known problem.

4 minutes ago, Lima said:

The Dissolution pandemic

I've run two super fast campaigns, it looks like I've escaped the NaN curse, but...

China 1920-1928

Japan: death after the first war with me (1922)

Germany: quickly captured France, broke up shortly after (1923)

Britain: collapsed for no reason (1924)

USA: fought with SPain, broke up (1924)

SPain: broke up during the war with the Corsican Empire (France is still alive yeah) (1925)

Italy/Austria-Hungary - waged war, Italy was the first to collapse, then Austria-Hungary (1926/1927)

The Soviets - broke up after my offensive in Siberia (1928)

So the Corsican Empire and I remained on the map, and the Corsican Empire has 7 minor allies (I have 2).

Germany 1930-1944

My army quickly captured France (except Сorsica), Austria and Hungary (for some reason, the army did not go to Croatia, we had to make peace).

1932 - the collapse of Britain due to the blockade (although I didn't do much damage to Britan, compared to previous versions of the game)

1933 - collapse of the remnants of "Austria-Hungary"

1935 - Japan and China have broken up

1936 - SPain disintegrated after my invasion (I have huge losses despite the superiority of 4 to 1)

1938 - A similar thing happened with Italy

1939 - The Soviets broke up for no reason (they didn't fight anyone at all)

1938-1943 - six of my unsuccessful attempts to capture the Corsican Fortress. Every time I have absolute superiority at sea ("France" has 1-3 ships + submarines), the ratio of losses is in my favor every time, four super-BBs participated in the last two invasions, but Corsica could not be captured. I thought that these 200K Frenchmen would run out, but they use soldiers from the colonies.

1944 - The US broke up after two years of war with me (most of the battles was won by the Colombian navy, the second fleet in the world after mine).

The Corsican Empire still stands.

General observations

1. Obviously, the disintegration of the country is happening too fast. This is the other extreme compared to 1.09. Several times I have seen how the nation tried to revolt the neutrals, but they were never able to capture the whole old country and then disintegrated again.
  2. There is too little impact on the fighting on land. Yes, I understand that I am an "admiral". But I can declare war. My fleet will be ready, but the army will not. I can't even advise them to start mobilizing (if your opponent has been fighting for a long time, its army will be much larger than yours). I can't start bombardment to help the army. I can't give them money if they have problems.
  3. Naval invasions. Small islands are easy to capture, but if you want to capture something like Corsica/Sicily...I want to see the details of the ongoing battle (like an arrow in ground battles) and understand what the probability of victory is.
  4. The interaction of the TF feels better, but far from perfect.
  5. Submarines still a pain in the ass.
  6. The behavior of ships in battle is a well-known problem.

i think of as of right now submarines needs to be a setting option to turn off or on, until further development is done as of right now, the submarines it seems just have to much of a problem than adding overall, and not being able to control them, them costs nothing besides upcost, horrible results in battles, and other issues along side subs, its more of a negative than a positive to in the game right now not as an option.

• Like 3