Game-Labs Forum

>>>Beta v1.1 Feedback<<< [RC 6]

Nick Thomadis

2 minutes ago, Darth Khyron said:

I do not know if this was already mentioned...I fought a war with france, which I won and got most of their overseas possessions. After that, relations improved. Until France took away my southern Germany. Why? Their massive assault went on even in peacetime. XD

land wars continuing after peace is a known issue [i think] 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike5556 said:

Yeah but once you get it it is easy. Took me awhile. We need instructions. I feel like a person trying to find my way in dark room.

speaking of which, the naval invasion of okinawa continues despite the war being ended. [and AFAICT it never got started, tried putting navies on 'invade' near by but nothing.] 

16 hours ago, Stephensan said:

Yeah what a mess so far with the update from an actual standpoint of gameplay.. on my first non speed run game for like 3 years to test how it goes(a more of a non just 3 years of playing and dropping, more of a more full gameplay), list of so far what has happened, and it goes by time, so alot of info

USA, 1890 Start, Non-Historical, Normal AI, Things I Have Seen (literally in just 1895, so 5 years) passive gameplay mothballed and research up January 1895, 2.1 billion dollars (not for long) is when i started typing this

Performance has degraded once again and just EATS up time doing nothing, single nations at war (1v1 battle), and each turn is upwards, of not even kidding 5 minutes to 10 minutes, with full game lock up's, with the game doing perhaps 3 conflicts/ machine fighting, and thats it? that and some ships being finished, the single core aspect of this game seems to get worse and worse with each update, and not to beat a dead horse, but a ryzen 5 3600 at 4.2+ ghz overclock shouldn't need to wait 5+ minutes for "nothing" (in terms of the player doing something) each turn compared to what was 1.09 perhaps, 1 minute at most until you got the "update mission of slow death". i understand that the 3600 is a rather "budget" cpu already but i really don't think its necessary to need to fully upgrade anyone's pc just to get load times lower. The way i see my CPU usage, it looks like its using 3 cores or is it 2 cores one thread no idea, but its alternating in perfect unison of when one stops the other picks up.

GPU utilization goes up to (rtx 3070) to 100% just looking at the map. could be just my DLDSR to 4k, but i have had alot of other games deal with the same thing of a menu just idling at 15-20%.

The conflict started in April of 1894, and its currently February of 1895, not kidding about the 5 minutes of waiting, so far i have waited 50 minutes on hanging... have not even built a new ship since the 1890's, nor in a conflict, going to do so now. i play a decent amount of RTS, but this is by far the longest of just waiting.

December 1895, we are at 7+ minutes at each turn. The amount of time wasting on waiting.. imma have to stop hear for now 2+ hours for 8 minutes of content im just gonna drop until i get more time

in total i waited just about 1.60~ hours on just waiting, i want to do other stuff.

Back after 16 hours, with 9 of those being sleep.. (when i started playing to give reference) 

Currently, February 1896, USA, Naval Funds 2.5 billion, with only three nations at war. The French, And (USA me) are well over 11% growth rate the rest are in the middle ground with few being below even not in war?? Biggest fleet by far is the UK, with Russia at only 250k lighter in fleet tonnage. I also restarted my PC to hopefully fix it running..

The Right Wing keeps on winning every 2 months, so i guess thats good?

Load times are still in the 4+ minutes range of just "updating mission" If this does not stop by 1897, i will recreate a new save and create a line to show.

Next Turn in April, all wars ended, with immediately it to start again with the same nations. load time was 2 minutes however

September 1896 seeing alot of 2v1 1v1 battles, and talking about 9+ matches of it, i didn't really like the 1v1 2v1 clashes it seemed annoying in a way of i KNOW seeing those means it will take longer to "complete", wish the ai didn't do this.

November 1896, Think it was a good time to refit all my ships and make more ships.. Refitting 30 (10cl 20tb) and make brand new ships (10bb, 10cl, 20 tb.) the thought of a war with the Spanish's empire is going to happen soon and with tension rises i do not just want 1890's tech with a refit in my arsenal and my fleet is not up to snuff so may aswell... doing all that at once comfortably fit inside my port capacity for building ships etc.. The scale of how long stuff takes over weight is pretty decent but 17 month battleships goes upwards of 30+ months fully capacity.. And just for safe measure the right wing is still winning... every single turn.. this took time however to make so i actually played for 30+ minutes building, renaming, refitting ships. instead of the normal 30-40 second look at research and next turn

as of now, steam says i have played 88 minutes today, and it sure feels like it with the time of just waiting. (time waited so far is only just a small amount of 44.8 minutes of hang time just waiting for next turn. yes im that guy that has a stop watch on loading/waiting times)

Starting to somewhat wish that this game had a full screen window, instead of "full screen" which when alt tabbed it turns off the loading and anything to do in the background, or a window screen (ui becomes squished and hard to see).

In April 1897, got an order for 3x of my Ferret-class Torpedo Boats from Belgium, they will pay 25% now ($952,719), and when finished get a total profit of ($4,034,326) 31+% interest in total, say at the least i took it. building 1.2 mil, 31.3 knot 17,255km 2x3.9inch and 2 17 inch torps, on torpedo boats it the least of my worries. at 3 billion dollars

June 1897, The Spanish Empire Completely Collapses... Well, i started building ships for this reason, so now i got ships building with no one there for it to receive the fun police.... so now im thinking of what i should or shouldn't do, playing passively with mothballed ships seem to make the ai just crumble instead of the normal Pain train... Rather weird, they had 80+ ships (somewhat in the middle of ship numbers) and there eco was positive and everything and just this turn they collapse.

July 1897 Belgium wants a Pepsi Cola Class Battleship, with a 28% bouns. pog? i guess

August 1897, THE BRITISH HAVE FALLEN, like what? how they were WAY better off than Spanish's but the british have dissolved. Belgium wants 3 Fortland Light Cruisers, for 39% profit.. spanish still fights.......... as a dissolved nation

September 1897, the Italian empire Collapse, money goes to $NaN, and NaN barrels

October 1897, Funds have also go to $NaN, italy goes to war with the french, Japan and Germany goes to war

Turn times have now decreased to less than 60 seconds

1897 November, im now going negative in funds per month, looks like a number overflow, (spending less cost more etc)

game ends, not even kidding it just ends apparently i was at war to.

TOTAL WAIT TIME FOR THIS OUTCOME (of load times only): 196 Minutes, or 3.2 hours. 

EDIT: More info, the 3.2 hours was about the time of this session and last session with recorded info,

from steam recording i have played 15 hours past 2 days, and i know i haven't touched most of it due to loading times, and DID get off of it when afk bathroom etc, i was trying to play the entire time and got off and took breaks just to have better logging just to see how it goes.. with the recorded amount of wait time was the ones i KNEW i was there and counting, i started doing it rather late and didn't start counting more until i just felt/knew it was taking way to long for nothing to happen really..

i have at least a known recorded info of at least 3.2 hours of waiting, in the "next turn" stage, with i know at full time of HOURS of playing the game with 15 hours being total.. i know i take my time building ships, and "getting started" but after the first 2 hours or so setting up/getting ready i was IN the game doing stuff, i can say each turn was confirmed, besides Nov 1896 was less than 2 minutes each turn. i had 95 turns.. With one first year~ not having issues, and last two turns being not in the 5~ minute mark. rest was the 5 minutes 4 minutes+ 10 minute times.

so that would make in total, around 81 turns being nothing but 4,5 10 minute waiting times...

Doing rather simple math of at BEST 4 minutes (lowest record that wasn't in the weird part) it was 5.4 hours, with only 5 minutes, 6.75 hours, and with only 10 minutes as the worse case 13.5 hours...

With in total of KNOWING, i had at least 3.2 hours recorded of waiting, it is safe to say with steam saying i have 15 hours and 2 minutes per turn, and the 2 hours removed from the start.

2*95=3.16 hours... with the known of at most 2 hours on start up, 5.16 hours, playing by the player without the last 2-3 turns.. 

Giving us with rough estimation of total waiting times of 15 hours- 5.16 hours = 9.84 hours waiting, with 3.2 hours recorded..

(just more info) GRAMMERLY REMOVED: this doesn't count 1896 Nov, which can be 1 hour. so you can minus it to 8.84.

l2nxEdv.png

B5QEFzo.png

absolute amazing gameplay 12 hours for this 

Edited by Stephensan
More Info, Fixing Spelling, Grammley Removed, Information Given Was Limited
  • Like 1

New war system is seriously underwhelming. Worsening relations take ages and big hit to unrest, normal events basically disappeared so i can't even use that and there is still no option for just attacking someone even with low relations. I started two campaigns and did not get any wars for few years in both, in one i bankrupted cause of few ships i had while waiting for war to happen "just in the next round for sure" but it didn't (also AI have fleets several times more expensive than mine and did not bankrupted). And in second i get revolution because worsening relations and got kicked out. All those took few hours of absolute boredom.

This stuff with minor allies is such bullshit.

If you refuse to build, they leave. If you do not refuse, they occupy 95% of your shipbuilding capabilities, so you can't build anything for your own.

O5BE29R.jpg

NcsvlzS.jpg

ky5e3Ge.jpg

🙄😞🤦‍♂️

Edited by TAKTCOM
WAR FOR IMPROVEMENT
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TAKTCOM said:

If you refuse to build, they leave. If you do not refuse, they occupy 95% of your shipbuilding capabilities, so you can't build anything for your own.

O5BE29R.jpg

NcsvlzS.jpg

ky5e3Ge.jpg

🙄😞🤦‍♂️

i really think they need to make it so you can expand port capacity building/etc

1 hour ago, TAKTCOM said:

For me, they don't leave, at least after I've built quite a few ships for them already, but the fact that Persia and Chile now have a few BBs each (not even counting smaller stuff), what little port capacity they have is exceeded by at least 300% AND THEY STILL WANT MORE is puzzling to say the least

hm...I am not sure I like the new expansion.
-Land war always favors the enemy, I have yet to win a single large battle, despite my performance at sea.
-Ships target enemy vessels at random, resulting in abysmal performance.
-Ship designer only lets me use AI designed ships, not able to take my own designs in custom battles.
-Steering is a nightmare. Mostly, I can not turn starboard via rudder shift, only port is possible. Clicking on the map is
 sometimes possible, but the pathway the ships use is wobbly and results in serious deceleration. Ramming of the enemy
 has also increased, had several torpedo boats sunk because they blissfully smashed into enemy battleships.
-In one campaign, first my budget went from positive to NA, the same happened a turn later to funds and the campaign ended without a single battle fought.
-Most known issues, like formations, (non)-avoidance of sinking ships, parts not fitting on hull etc. were not adressed, yet persist for so long now.
-Crashes are frequent, have to either return to main screen or use task manager and load anew.

Few positives so far :
-Diplomatic system is a good addition, letting you act a bit on the diplomatic front outside your government directives.
-Invasions are a nice addition.
-Torpedo cruiser hulls are genius, please allow improved versions for later years. Yes, I know that Torpedorammkreuzer were discontinued before the turn of the last century, but this is an alternate universe, after all.
Turret ships and coastal defense vessels are fine additions, too, they bring much needed difference in early years.

• Like 3

im just saying, there is just to much of the "X nation collapse" way to early just had not even kidding britian and france collapse in 1 year from 1890. in a session and after the long post i did, and this one is right after it

there needs to be a reason for a nation to collapse, not just collapses, with positive everything.

being in war wouldn't collapse a nation if it was in war for two years, with multi billion dollar GDP, even at the worse of time

perhaps 6+ years of non stop war with everyone hating on them, but a 1v1 nation shouldn't collapse a nation with everyone else being "neutral" in the war in under a year, or 2 years.

before 1.09 it might have been 1 nation collapse before 1900's, but its being more of 3~ on avg, it leaves so much "unique" ships off the table due to nations never coming back, or people can assimilate the nation as a puppet etc..

Losing big power houses like USA, Germany, UK, France, Spanish, way before 1900's hit is just odd feeling... that is 40~ years of tech just gone.. but this game doesn't go off of one nation learns, each nation learns there own tech...

seeing nations being held by 100mil GDP while billion dollar GDP nations collopase is just odd, i can understand a small "snuff" out of a nation but for a powerhouse just to collapse. 

im literally seeing Spanish collapse in my eyes right now in 1895, just after the britian, and it seems the japan and USA are going aswell.

it seems, on my 5th attempt, that your not playing the 1890's... there is just no way, the game goes %NaN on everyone/everything, everything collapses, and thats it.

(photos of the issue), like its unplayable and 100%/-99% eco growth

JUutoHL.png8Lah3gk.pngIHCwfSA.jpgqopizJm.pnghG8oBrF.png

and its completely wrong with how many ships i built, i have built well over 40 ships with 1 bb 3cl and 13 tb being built aswell (3 tb 1 cl being built for other nations)

its a complete mess..

Edited by Stephensan

10 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

我只是说,从 1890 年开始的 1 年内,“X 国家崩溃”的方式有很多,甚至连开玩笑的英国和法国都崩溃了。在一个会议上,在我发表了很长的帖子之后,这个是对的在它之后

一个国家的崩溃需要有一个理由,而不仅仅是崩溃,一切都是积极的。

即使在最糟糕的时候,即使战争持续两年,国内生产总值达数十亿美元,战争也不会使一个国家崩溃

也许 6 年以上的不间断战争,每个人都讨厌他们,但是一个 1v1 的国家不应该在不到一年或 2 年的时间内让一个其他人都在战争中“中立”的国家崩溃。

在 1.09 之前,它可能是 1900 年代之前的 1 个国家崩溃,但它平均超过 3~ ..

失去像美国、德国、英国、法国、西班牙这样的大国,在 1900 年的热播之前就感觉很奇怪……那是 40 ~ 年的技术就这样消失了……但是这个游戏不会因为一个国家的学习而消失,每个国家都学习自己的技术......

看到一个国家被 1 亿 GDP 所控制,而 10 亿美元 GDP 的国家崩溃是很奇怪的,我可以理解一个国家的小“鼻烟”,但一个强国却崩溃了。 

1895 年,在我眼中,我真的看到了西班牙的崩溃,就在英国之后,日本和美国似乎也在崩溃。

看来,在我的第 5 次尝试中,你没有玩 1890 年代 的游戏……没有办法,游戏对每个人/所有事物都进行 %NaN,一切都崩溃了,仅此而已。

(问题照片),喜欢它无法播放和 100%/-99% 的生态增长

JUutoHL.png8Lah3gk.pngIHCwfSA.jpgqopizJm.pnghG8oBrF.png

我建造了多少艘船是完全错误的,我已经建造了 40 多艘船,其中 1 bb 3cl 和 13 tb 正在建造中(3 tb 1 cl 正在为其他国家建造)

一团糟..

British collapse only have one posibility——War with France (

Land battles need some serious rebalancing.

As Austria Hungary I dismantled the French navy from 160 down to 40 ships, but am completely helpless against multiple millions of soldiers pouring into my landzones, while my country can only muster a couple tens of thousand defenders and I lose one province after the other, despite France's economy being completely in shambles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, o Barão said:

How is this possible?

I do not know. When I go to the designer, I can use shared designs or a new one, regardless of the "Shared Designs" Status. The "AI" button where the type of ship used will be displayed is always "on", i.e. white. I select a design, press launch and "voila" a computer generated vessel is used.

1 hour ago, Abuse_Claws said:

For me, they don't leave, at least after I've built quite a few ships for them already, but the fact that Persia and Chile now have a few BBs each (not even counting smaller stuff), what little port capacity they have is exceeded by at least 300% AND THEY STILL WANT MORE is puzzling to say the least

Yeah... Like I mentioned earlier my Belgian allies have a fleet larger than the British Grand Fleet and German High Seas Fleet combined and they're still asking for more. Belgium, the Congo does not need a fleet guarding it that is bigger than most major powers combined.

image.png.25c1fbedafe2e1f459aca8a13fb807d6.png

• Like 3

The minor nations certainly are greedy with how much they want built, although I've said "no" several times and still maintained the relationships. Unless I see a 30% or more profit, I don't take the order.

The trick is to just build DD's and limit the capital ships you build for them to keep most of your capacity for your own ships.

2 hours ago, Plazma said:

I found solution for drunker sailors! Need to use ruder not right click. I personally use the right click and when they change curse I use the ruder option. 

They need to make it so we can make minor adjustments of the rudder with the mouse wheel. Like, CTRL+Mouse_Wheel or something.

1 hour ago, Darth Khyron said:

I do not know. When I go to the designer, I can use shared designs or a new one, regardless of the "Shared Designs" Status. The "AI" button where the type of ship used will be displayed is always "on", i.e. white. I select a design, press launch and "voila" a computer generated vessel is used.

But you are not able to design the AI ship or select a design for the AI to use in battle?

DRlQMRM.jpg

21 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

I think we should be able to set what ships we want to sell or not.. i don't want to sell the ship i JUST built that is my flagship, and them ONLY wanting that ship over and over.

This.  Real world navies do not sell their latest for a reason.